If you could make a console how would you make it (Look, Name, Design etc)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#1 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

Hmm

I would make it black (shiny type :P), sleek, medium sized, rectangular (long but thin, think of it like a mixture of the wii and ps2)

I wouldn't have touch buttons like the PS3 but I would have it with no disc tray like the PS3 and wii

I would have all sides flat

Hmm

I would call it the umm,,,

I can't think of a name atm :P

POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts
Its would look like this...
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#3 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

Its would look like this...  POJO_MOFO

Very original :|

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
It would be a machine that dispenses delicious cake while you play.
kunggustaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 kunggustaf
Member since 2005 • 883 Posts
My console would look like a toilet, I would call it... Pii?
Sgt_Napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Sgt_Napalm
Member since 2008 • 1811 Posts
I would make a pocket PC. Works great, Crysis maxed out, the size of a gameboy.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
My console would be tiny, about the size of a book, just wide enough so it stands up and doesn't wobble. So about an inch thick. Sucky in disk slot like Wii and PS3. Touch buttons like PS3. A glowing disk slot like the Wii but you can choose the colour and how the light works (does it stay on all the time, only when consoles on, only when you get messages or what.
POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts
and this would be the controller
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17857 Posts

back and shiny...but shaped a bit more like a wii. id also like to keep it fairly small and quiet.

Horsepower: on the internals side (and assuming i was making for this gen) id have 1GB of ram....the equilevent of a radeon HD 2600 and 2 core out of order CPU, with 2 threads per core. unified memory architecture to ensure devs can use the hardware as they see fit.

connectivity: customised wireless tech to minimse lag and interference between the console and the controller. built in wireless g and an ethernet port. 2 hidden USB ports on the front and 4 at the back.

storage: modified HD-DVD tech and drive that minimizes seek times and latencies and has a red rate of around 26MB/s. it wont play movies at all. it would use mini HD-DVDs and support up to 4 layers. (that should be about 12GB on a 4 layer disc). the reason i use HD-DVD is also to make piracy more difficult.....its a dead tech so relatively few ppl would have the hardware to copy the discs. a HDD (20GB) would also be standard for caching only...devs wot have an option to install.

controller: basically an updated wiimote and nunchuck. a scroll wheel, more buttons and improved sensors accross the board.

Features. it plays games online and off. thats it.

Price. release at launch for around $350.

Cipher92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 Cipher92
Member since 2003 • 320 Posts
I would call it the Micrendony Playboxii. It would be a black and white console that is as big as a cookie and has the graphics of a computer made 10 years in the future from now. It would be simple to program for, and make money right from day one. It will sell for $99 but be made from quality parts. the online is free but never crashes and never lags. If you have hardware problems on it, you get your money back AND a new console. The first party games would be so new, they would blow up your head just to think about thinking about the idea of them. The controller would be a 360 controller, with full motion features, and pointing features, and splits into two seperate controllers for multi hand motion controls. They'd also be pressure sensitive, and have force feedback instead of rumble. and last but not least, it'd make enough moeny for me to retire as well as my entire family tree.