If you are a console gamer, does 1080P really matter?

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by Cranler (8379 posts) -

@xxyetixx said:

@Cranler: No I don't really watch a lot of movies not of my free time is taken up by playing games, and watching football. All I know is my games look great while I'm playing and if games are going to look better on PS4/X1 I don't really care about the difference between 720/900/1080 it's not like my life revolves around this stuff I maybe play like 4 hours a week, maybe!!

It takes no time to change tv settings. Also if your playing with those same effects in games then your getting a ton of input lag.

#102 Posted by gregbmil (2597 posts) -

If you read this Digital Trends Article or point #9 of this CNET article, they both say the same thing - if you are looking at a large screen TV, and are sitting more than 8-10 feet away from it, you cannot tell the difference.

PCs aside (where it does matter), does 1080P matter over 720P, or is it just bragging rights?

Yes it does matter, since I never sit 8-10 away from my tv.

#103 Edited by tdkmillsy (1261 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Higher resolution is always better.

Not at the expense of other things that add to the atmosphere.

#104 Edited by McStrongfast (4262 posts) -

Yes it matters. And I can tell the difference.

#105 Posted by tdkmillsy (1261 posts) -

Yes it matters. And I can tell the difference.

I'm sure you can if you sit close enough.

#106 Edited by McStrongfast (4262 posts) -

I can tell the difference at 9 feet. I have super powers apparently. I'm Batman, it's a me.

#107 Posted by tdkmillsy (1261 posts) -

I can tell the difference at 9 feet. I have super powers apparently. I'm Batman, it's a me.

Batman didn't have super powers. Superman on the other hand he was the one to be :)

#108 Posted by Xuix (228 posts) -
#109 Edited by McStrongfast (4262 posts) -

@tdkmillsy said:

@McStrongfast said:

Batman didn't have super powers. Superman on the other hand he was the one to be :)

Now the people of Metropolis wouldn't be able to tell the difference. They confuse birds with planes.

#110 Edited by StormyJoe (4769 posts) -

@Xuix said:

i'll just leave this here

http://carltonbale.com/1080p-does-matter/

Also, the even notion that 720p has no difference or that much difference to 1080p is hilariously laughable.

Honestly, I'd trust CNet before this obscure website.