If Ubisoft Was Smart (Rainbow Six)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SommeTheSomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SommeTheSomber
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
They should release the next installment to Rainbow Six at the beginning of the summer. Not only will that make me happy because I've been craving a new one for a couple years now, but it makes sense from a business stand point. At this point, millions of gamers will already be dead tired of Modern Warfare 3 and thirsting for the next big shooter. Especially with the summer, school will be out to allow for countless hours of enjoyment. Hopefully they won't CODify it too much, but that's just wishful thinking. I guess I could just play Vegas 2 again, but I miss the slower pace of the game that not many other shooters today have. I know Vegas 2 was to an extent more of an arcade shooter than a tactical one, but compared to games today it was more tactical. What do you expect/want from the next Rainbow Six game? Would you prefer the series to lean back towards its tactical roots or fully embrace the more accessible root?
glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10311 Posts

Probably not. Ghost Recon is what they are going to release. Rainbow Six maybe late next year or in two years.

Oh, and I would prefer the tactical roots than that nonsense that started with the PS2 ones and Lockdown.

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#3 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts

This question's been bugging me for a while, but does the new Rainbow Sixtake place in New York and about the protagonist getting kidnapped or something? because i remember something awhile back about that and it interested me...

SommeTheSomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SommeTheSomber
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Probably not. Ghost Recon is what they are going to release. Rainbow Six maybe late next year or in two years.

Oh, and I would prefer the tactical roots than that nonsense that started with the PS2 ones and Lockdown.

glez13
I agree about Lockdown! Utter trash. I played Rainbow Six 3 and Black Arrow over Xbox Live almost religiously when I was younger. Lockdown was just betrayal.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
I would take a new Rainbow Six over a COD game any day, it needs to stay tactical. Please Ubisoft, release one soon!
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

[QUOTE="glez13"]

SommeTheSomber

I agree about Lockdown! Utter trash. I played Rainbow Six 3 and Black Arrow over Xbox Live almost religiously when I was younger. Lockdown was just betrayal.

Funny thing is Xbox's Rainbow Six 3 and Black Arrow already were a betrayal of series' tactical roots :)

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
I want a new Rainbow. Loved the Rainbows back in the 90's and early 2000's on my PC. However, after seeing how much Ubisoft has trashed Ghost Recon even more, I'm scared to see what a new Rainbow Six will look like. I want the game to be a true sequel to the rooted PC Rainbow Six. The older console Rainbows and the newer multi-platform Rainbows are a HUGE NO NO!!
flexin007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 flexin007
Member since 2008 • 739 Posts
Next November would be great, but GR is all that's needed until then.
Crystal-Rush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Crystal-Rush
Member since 2005 • 2274 Posts
They'd most likely CODify the game. Don't trust Ubisoft to make great games anymore. They ruined Splinter cell by over simplifying it and removing practically everything that made SC a great franchise. GR is looking like it's going casual, with it emphasis on co-op as well removing a ton of tactical gameplay.
Dr_Snood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Dr_Snood
Member since 2008 • 2547 Posts
^ What he said. I love R6 as much as the next guy, but it would definitely be CODified.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I would be really happy with a new R6 game, however am nearly sure it wouldnt go back to its tactical roots.. It will probably end up being more COD-esque, although I do like COD games..

Still there's hope left !!

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

I would LOVE a new Rainbow Six game. I was in the top 100 players on Rainbow Six Vegas. Never met anybody I couldn't beat on that game. I have never been such a beast in any game than I was in that. Still remember wanting to play it on 360 even though I was a PS3 player so I hopped on my brothers 360 to show those kids whose boss... it was a cake walk.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
The original Rainbow Six games were way cooler than the modern ones. The whole concept of having a planning room where you map out check points and objectives for multiple squad units made you feel like a totally different kind of badass from most games. You weren't just a soldier who's good at shooting people-- you were the guy with the plan, and whether or not your plan was good was what determined whether or not your team would survive. Most shooters give you mission objectives that play out in a scripted format, but Rainbow Six was all about making the objectives yourself, and that opened up tons of replayability since you could go back and create different plans for the missions. Sadly, now Rainbow Six is just another shooter. :(
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

They already have Ghost Recon planned for 2012, so the new Rainbow Six that's been mentioned might have to wait until 2013.

I do think Summer would be the best time. At that point you'd probably have another installment of Modern Warfare and Battlefield (probably a spin off, like Bad Company 3) coming out in the holiday season, so releasing Rainbow at the beginning of the summer drought would rake them some cash and get more sales then if it went up against everything else in the holiday.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="SommeTheSomber"][QUOTE="glez13"]

AdrianWerner

Funny thing is Xbox's Rainbow Six 3 and Black Arrow already were a betrayal of series' tactical roots :)

that port was horriblus..and generally the turning point of R6 being a bit iffy :( i loved that game so much choice and the online was a riot aswell.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Ubisoft turned Rainbow Six in to a lowest common denominator manshoot already. It's COD with door breaches. The series is dead quite frankly.
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

i can see it coming out in 2013-2014. though i hope its more like vegas with the customization of vegas 2. i tried raven shield on the pc to see what all the fuss is about but as i soon as got to the part where you actually shoot guys in the training guide,i was like yea f*** this and quit the game. cant handle that stuff. hell playing vegas on realistic was bad enough.

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#19 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts

This question's been bugging me for a while, but does the new Rainbow Sixtake place in New York and about the protagonist getting kidnapped or something? because i remember something awhile back about that and it interested me...

Slashless
nobody ever answers my questions :(
contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

[QUOTE="Slashless"]

Slashless

I have not heard anything about the location or plot of Rainbow Six. All I heard was that it's in developement. So what you heard was probably just a rumour or speculation or something of that sort.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

[QUOTE="Slashless"]

Slashless

I remember that news. i saw it on kotaku months ago. it looks like will be in new york but I dont remember the main character being kidnap. you can read more here and here. graphics sure look nice imo

AGMing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AGMing
Member since 2003 • 1694 Posts
Unless they go back to the Rainbowsix 3: Ravenshield model i dont wanna know, the fact Vegas 1 & 2 killed of mission planning, open maps with many ways to finish an objective and the ability to command multiple groups of units left a really bad taste in my mouth. They are a stain on the Rainbowsix games name, they are not bad games just very average but they are so far removed from the original Rainbow six games it seems silly and purely a marketing decision to share the name.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
They are excellent games and I would like to see another one.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Eh I wanna see a new vegas title regardless of the comments so far once you turned that thing up to high difficulty it wasn't a run and gun game you had to use tactics you would be outflanked on a constant basis.

The_Pacific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Pacific
Member since 2011 • 1804 Posts
Even Ghost recon looks completely dumbed down. Rainbow 6 isn't the same as it used to be.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Eh I wanna see a new vegas title regardless of the comments so far once you turned that thing up to high difficulty it wasn't a run and gun game you had to use tactics you would be outflanked on a constant basis.

WilliamRLBaker
Tactics such as 'how to shoot the dudes in the face'. There's absolutely no planning, consequence, or risk - the knife edge variety, realism and sheer authenticity that made Rainbow Six what it was. It's a pop and stop covershooter with a simpleton order system. Yes it's not a bad game, but hardly one with a shred of its former identity.
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#27 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

Looking at how they're handling Ghost Recon, I'd rather just they axed the series.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

Rainbow Six Vegas is one of the best shooters this generation.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#29 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
Vegas games were grear and so were the original games.
brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 brucecambell
Member since 2011 • 1489 Posts

A new RB6 is already in development folks. They're working on it right now. We'll most likely see a release at the end of next year. As far as i know it takes place in New York i think. I already seen 2 screenshots months ago. Just wait for the Official news. Its coming.

As far as simplying it or noobfiying it i could see ithappening. RSV was pretty fleshed out for its time. I remember Cod4 was basically a straight ripp off of RSV. Custom guns, custom classes had already been done in RSV. Juggernaut, UAV, Bandolier were cods version ofArmor, Radar,Larger ammuntion clipsfrom RSV. The only difference between the 2 was RSVs perks were just slots for your loadout, but keeing it realistic rather than arcadey abilities.

Lets hope they stick to what made it realistic & dont go the route of noobifying it or making it more arcadey.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

I think there should be two versions of the game - the console version which would be an arcade shooter with tactical elements and a PC version which would go for uncompromising realism and tactics. But I think it's unlikely.

firefluff3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 firefluff3
Member since 2010 • 2073 Posts

They should release the next installment to Rainbow Six at the beginning of the summer. Not only will that make me happy because I've been craving a new one for a couple years now, but it makes sense from a business stand point. At this point, millions of gamers will already be dead tired of Modern Warfare 3 and thirsting for the next big shooter. Especially with the summer, school will be out to allow for countless hours of enjoyment. Hopefully they won't CODify it too much, but that's just wishful thinking. I guess I could just play Vegas 2 again, but I miss the slower pace of the game that not many other shooters today have. I know Vegas 2 was to an extent more of an arcade shooter than a tactical one, but compared to games today it was more tactical. What do you expect/want from the next Rainbow Six game? Would you prefer the series to lean back towards its tactical roots or fully embrace the more accessible root?SommeTheSomber

Thirsting for the next COD, yes.