If the Wii isn't good for the gaming industry then I dont know what is.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tony-Baxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Tony-Baxter
Member since 2003 • 6498 Posts
It's bringing people in who before didn't care about gaming. Grand parents, 30 somethings, 40 somethings, people with mobility problems. etc It's a good thing that this is happening! Sony and MS back and forth rinse and repeat. Screw That!
2FacedJanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 2FacedJanus
Member since 2004 • 8236 Posts

It's bringing people in who before didn't care about gaming. Grand parents, 30 somethings, 40 somethings, people with mobility problems. etc It's a good thing that this is happening! Sony and MS back and forth rinse and repeat. Screw That!Tony-Baxter

Ok so I guess the "classic" way of playing games suck now heh? Aah well guess that also means every non-wii zelda, mario, metroid, now suck... screw those games, they aren't worth a thing compared to Cooking Mama and WarioWare

Vyyral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Vyyral
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts

It's bringing people in who before didn't care about gaming. Grand parents, 30 somethings, 40 somethings, people with mobility problems. etc It's a good thing that this is happening! Sony and MS back and forth rinse and repeat. Screw That!Tony-Baxter

For growing the industry and bringing new people in, it's excellent. But why would any core gamers really care about that? Most new wii games being announced are mini game collections or simple casual games. I would hate it if the industry moved to more casual, quick, simple games.

Tony-Baxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tony-Baxter

[QUOTE="Tony-Baxter"]It's bringing people in who before didn't care about gaming. Grand parents, 30 somethings, 40 somethings, people with mobility problems. etc It's a good thing that this is happening! Sony and MS back and forth rinse and repeat. Screw That!2FacedJanus

Ok so I guess the "classic" way of playing games suck now heh? Aah well guess that also means every non-wii zelda, mario, metroid, now suck... screw those games, they aren't worth a thing compared to Cooking Mama and WarioWare

I didn't say any of those things, I simply said it's a good thing.(PERIOD)
2FacedJanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 2FacedJanus
Member since 2004 • 8236 Posts

I didn't say any of those things, I simply said it's a good thing.(PERIOD)Tony-Baxter

I'm pretty sure you said "SCREW THAT!" to the fact that MS and Sony are just providing a continuation of gaming as we know it. Therefore you were implying that those kind of games aren't worth a thing anymore to you, and as such, any games like it. Think about what you type next time.

Ganon_919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ganon_919
Member since 2007 • 2016 Posts
Maybe Sheep should starttreating Gundam, Sonic, and Bomberman as the only games on the 360/PS3, becauseWii-Haters sure do like to bring up Cooking Mama :|
Vyyral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vyyral
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts
[QUOTE="2FacedJanus"]

[QUOTE="Tony-Baxter"]It's bringing people in who before didn't care about gaming. Grand parents, 30 somethings, 40 somethings, people with mobility problems. etc It's a good thing that this is happening! Sony and MS back and forth rinse and repeat. Screw That!Tony-Baxter

But it's not a good thing period.

It's good in the sense that it will grow the industry.

But in the same way, it's bad for hardcore gamers (i.e most people posting on gamespot forums)if the industry moves towards more casual-friendly pick up and play games.

Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
People just think that because they see the style of Nintendo games as an affront to what hardcore gamers want. Nintendo for their part is doing a great job of expanding the video game market, but they need to do a better job at appeasing the regular gamers too. Its also arrogant to think consoles that sell for more than $400 aren't hurting the video game industry by alienating a large segment of consumers.
Tony-Baxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Tony-Baxter

[QUOTE="Tony-Baxter"]I didn't say any of those things, I simply said it's a good thing.(PERIOD)2FacedJanus

I'm pretty sure you said "SCREW THAT!" to the fact that MS and Sony are just providing a continuation of gaming as we know it. Therefore you were implying that those kind of games aren't worth a thing anymore to you, and as such, any games like it. Think about what you type next time.

I said that to the very notion that have to be the ONLY choices.
Ganon_919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ganon_919
Member since 2007 • 2016 Posts
[QUOTE="Tony-Baxter"][QUOTE="2FacedJanus"]

[QUOTE="Tony-Baxter"]It's bringing people in who before didn't care about gaming. Grand parents, 30 somethings, 40 somethings, people with mobility problems. etc It's a good thing that this is happening! Sony and MS back and forth rinse and repeat. Screw That!Vyyral

But in the same way, it's bad for hardcore gamers (i.e most people posting on gamespot forums)if the industry moves towards more casual-friendly pick up and play games.

Not really, because those complex and deep games will still be there, and there won't be less of them.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
[QUOTE="Tony-Baxter"][QUOTE="2FacedJanus"]

[QUOTE="Tony-Baxter"]It's bringing people in who before didn't care about gaming. Grand parents, 30 somethings, 40 somethings, people with mobility problems. etc It's a good thing that this is happening! Sony and MS back and forth rinse and repeat. Screw That!Vyyral

I don't see any reason to believe that. the mouse didn't make pc games all casual did it?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44292 Posts

Research how big a deal it was when casuals bought the Atari 2600 along with E.T. the game - then tell me how huge the impact could be on gaming.

Newcomers to this hobbywho are buying up the Wii just may get the same feeling after about a year just like those who bought the E.T. game for the 2600.

Those bitter pills tend to bring on sour stomachs and long memories of the feeling they did'nt get nearly what they thought they were paying for...Just Saying ;)

I want a Wii but IMHO it is way overpriced when compared to what you get with the other two consoles available at this time.