If the GDDR5 set up in the ps4 is so good then why...

• 178 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

greensand24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 greensand24
Member since 2011 • 457 Posts

...then why hasn't the pc ever had a system set up like the ps4? There must be a reason why system makers avoided such a set up.

I'm no tech wizard but doesnt using GDDR5 cause "handshake"/compatibility problems with the cpu?

I mean I always thought that by going all in with GDDR5 for both the GPU and CPU would cause problems.

This post from the ps4 sub 30fps games thread got me wondering about GDDR5 working with the CPU....

I am a software developer. After reading the PS4 specs, I kind of expected this. Sony screwed up last gen with the cell processor and they screwed up this gen by going with a GDDR5 only system. I knew they would have latency problems with the CPU by using this type of memory.I've been laughing seeing all the GDDR5 hype on here. The XBox One is a more balanced, better designed system that will deliver consistent performance. The supposed PS4 performance advantage is paper only.The PS4 developers are going to have to deal with lots of weird timing issues.Higher bandwidth is great for a GPU, but worthless when the higher latency of the GDDR5 makes the CPU constantly have to wait for the memory to return the data it needs and then taking longer to update that memory. Games are not only graphics. You have to have the CPU running the game code to decide what graphics need to be shown. If the CPU is memory starved because of the higher latency, you will get framerate problems.Esfan13

Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts

Because PC isn't a dedicated gaming machine.

It has to do a variety of tasks.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

Interesting OP. 

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Because PC isn't a dedicated gaming machine.

It has to do a variety of tasks.

call_of_duty_10

This, basically.

Dedicated GPUs are available for gaming and these things have GDDR5 memory in them.

greensand24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 greensand24
Member since 2011 • 457 Posts

Because PC isn't a dedicated gaming machine.It has to do a variety of tasks.call_of_duty_10

true dat

...but GDDR5 is used for graphics and the GPU. I'm just surprised not many people speak about what disadvantages there might be having GDDR5 communicate with the CPU.

So is there any weight to to the post I quoted?

whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 whitey_rolls
Member since 2006 • 2547 Posts

This GDDR5 thing is a joke.  People act like it's going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.  IT'S MEMORY PEOPLE!!!!.  This just shows the ignorance of the console gamers, the memory is useless without a good GPU and CPU to back it up.  And for those people saying "this console is better than that console due to memory" you are so wrong it's not even funny.  As we've seen previously there will be negligble difference between the two on multi plats and any difference there is won't be because of memory.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

[QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"]Because PC isn't a dedicated gaming machine.It has to do a variety of tasks.greensand24

true dat

...but GDDR5 is used for graphics and the GPU. I'm just surprised not many people speak about what disadvantages there might be having GDDR5 communicate with the CPU.

unified architecture like in the PS4 wont have disadvantages with GDDR5 memory because all components are together as one. if you go on a AMD website, they are making the same architecture for PC in the future.
ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ZoomZoom2490

This GDDR5 thing is a joke.  People act like it's going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.  IT'S MEMORY PEOPLE!!!!.  This just shows the ignorance of the console gamers, the memory is useless without a good GPU and CPU to back it up.  And for those people saying "this console is better than that console due to memory" you are so wrong it's not even funny.  As we've seen previously there will be negligble difference between the two on multi plats and any difference there is won't be because of memory.

whitey_rolls
go learn a few things before writing nonsense.
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

[QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"]Because PC isn't a dedicated gaming machine.It has to do a variety of tasks.greensand24

true dat

I don't have such a technical knowledge about how GDDR5 communicate with the CPU, but all I know is that GDDR5 have a much bigger bandwidth (256-bit and 384-bit), thus faster, and is better for transferring big amounts of data.

DDR3 is better for transferring smaller & light data and it has 64-bit worth of bandwidth. There is a valid reason that PC is using both, DDR3 and GDDR5, since the PC is not only dedicated for gaming, but GDDR5 is available to those who uses PC for gaming. PS4 is dedicated to gaming, so it makes sense for the GDDR5 to be incorporated in it.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ZoomZoom2490

funny that esfan thinks he's some top computer engineer in the world and knows more than the tech compaines who bulld the PS4.

its disgusting watching some posts here on GS, its painful to watch.

voicereason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 voicereason
Member since 2013 • 321 Posts

This GDDR5 thing is a joke. .

whitey_rolls
Ram is proven and faster ram is better. Its that simple. Dont let that simple concept explode your mind now xbot. You want to know what is a joke? The infinite powa of teh xbone could...and on their 300,000 servers lol Yet I bet you believed that b.s from typical Microsoft PR That is the current difference between Sony and Microsoft Microsoft bullsh!ts about the cloud in an attempt to damage control the fact the xbox one is much weaker then the PS4 While Sony just comes out with real powerful hardware for gamers at an affordable price that has PROVEN specs and solutions ....and they will let the PS4 games do the talking GDDR5 ram is very real. Its NOT the cloud.....and it will provide vast advantages for the PS4... Developers even say so, but i guess you - a random xbot troll on the internet KNOWS more then they all do. Just laughable. You xbots are pathetic
kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

This GDDR5 thing is a joke. People act like it's going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. IT'S MEMORY PEOPLE!!!!. This just shows the ignorance of the console gamers, the memory is useless without a good GPU and CPU to back it up. And for those people saying "this console is better than that console due to memory" you are so wrong it's not even funny. As we've seen previously there will be negligble difference between the two on multi plats and any difference there is won't be because of memory.

whitey_rolls

This, this & this.

Razor_defiace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Razor_defiace
Member since 2004 • 1618 Posts

Here's an article.

http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/Jinx+01/ps4-what-does-8gb-of-ddr5-mean-for-the-system--248786.phtml

voicereason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 voicereason

[QUOTE="whitey_rolls"]

This GDDR5 thing is a joke. People act like it's going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. IT'S MEMORY PEOPLE!!!!. This just shows the ignorance of the console gamers, the memory is useless without a good GPU and CPU to back it up. And for those people saying "this console is better than that console due to memory" you are so wrong it's not even funny. As we've seen previously there will be negligble difference between the two on multi plats and any difference there is won't be because of memory.

kipsta77

This, this & this.

Read the post just up above for teh correct You both are just crazy
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

funny that esfan thinks he's some top computer engineer in the world and knows more than the tech compaines who bulld the PS4.

ZoomZoom2490
We said the same thing about the Cell and look how that turned out.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 clyde46
[QUOTE="kipsta77"]

[QUOTE="whitey_rolls"]

voicereason

This, this & this.

Read the post just up above You are both are delusional by the way lol

Umm no, all you did was write a big post on how GDDR5 is proven to work for gaming while the cloud is not.
spy2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 spy2828
Member since 2008 • 656 Posts

[QUOTE="kipsta77"]

[QUOTE="whitey_rolls"]

voicereason

This, this & this.

LOLWHAT? I agree with the "delusional" people. To realise how small of a diference RAM makes in system performance why don't you do a benchmark yourself?

First try with 8 Gigs of ram at 11-11-11-24 latency , then try with 4 Gigs, then try with 2 Gigs, then overclock it to 9-9-9 and try again.

After you do that you will realise the "delusional people" were right about how not important RAM is.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

GDDR5 have high CAS latency, which is bad for the CPU, that is why.

voicereason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 voicereason
[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

clyde46

Yeah, it provided the best looking games of this gen. LOL what a numbskull
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

...then why hasn't the pc ever had a system set up like the ps4? There must be a reason why system makers avoided such a set up.

I'm no tech wizard but doesnt using GDDR5 cause "handshake"/compatibility problems with the cpu?

I mean I always thought that by going all in with GDDR5 for both the GPU and CPU would cause problems.

This post from the ps4 sub 30fps games thread got me wondering about GDDR5 working with the CPU....

[QUOTE="Esfan13"]I am a software developer. After reading the PS4 specs, I kind of expected this. Sony screwed up last gen with the cell processor and they screwed up this gen by going with a GDDR5 only system. I knew they would have latency problems with the CPU by using this type of memory.I've been laughing seeing all the GDDR5 hype on here. The XBox One is a more balanced, better designed system that will deliver consistent performance. The supposed PS4 performance advantage is paper only.The PS4 developers are going to have to deal with lots of weird timing issues.Higher bandwidth is great for a GPU, but worthless when the higher latency of the GDDR5 makes the CPU constantly have to wait for the memory to return the data it needs and then taking longer to update that memory. Games are not only graphics. You have to have the CPU running the game code to decide what graphics need to be shown. If the CPU is memory starved because of the higher latency, you will get framerate problems.greensand24

DDR1 has higher latency than DDR2,DDR2 has higher latency than DR3,it did not stop PC from moving because the speed benefit over came the latency issues.

Also the PS4 CPU and GPU are on the same die,which reduce latency,both have out of order execution,if one proccess stall the next one runs,the PS4 was balance for this,support content switching,and even caches can be bypass.

So nothing to worry some PS4 games are just early period,no matter how much power you have and fast ram,games need time to cook period,this is a fact on all consoles,look at how horrible Dead Rising 3 was running for the xbox one 15FPS that is worse than any PS4 game.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

[QUOTE="whitey_rolls"]

This GDDR5 thing is a joke. .

voicereason

Ram is proven and faster ram is better. Its that simple. Dont let that simple concept explode your mind now xbot. You want to know what is a joke? The infinite powa of teh xbone could...and on their 300,000 servers lol Yet I bet you believed that b.s from typical Microsoft PR That is the current difference between Sony and Microsoft Microsoft bullsh!ts about the cloud in an attempt to damage control the fact the xbox one is much weaker then the PS4 While Sony just comes out with real powerful hardware for gamers at an affordable price that has PROVEN specs and solutions ....and they will let the PS4 games do the talking GDDR5 ram is very real. Its NOT the cloud.....and it will provide vast advantages for the PS4... Developers even say so, but i guess you - a random xbot troll on the internet KNOWS more then they all do. Just laughable. You xbots are pathetic

You're so full of shit. 'But developers said so!' That's the only argument you have about why it's better? Idiot. 

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tormentos

MK-Professor

But huge speed which would over come any latency issue,is always the same and from what i read GDDR5 is coming to a PC near you soon for system.

And like it happen with DDR3 people will change and will not care about latency because the speed reward make up for any latencies.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

whitey_rolls
TFLOPS Bandwidths Shaders Amount of RAM dedicated for graphics/gaming All in favor of PS4 so now what ? Nothing matters to you ?
ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ZoomZoom2490

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

GDDR5 have high CAS latency, which is bad for the CPU, that is why.

tormentos

But huge speed which would over come any latency issue,is always the same and from what i read GDDR5 is coming to a PC near you soon for system.

And like it happen with DDR3 people will change and will not care about latency because the speed reward make up for any latencies.

don't bother arguing with them on this issue, they are ignorant and stupid.

CPU in PS4 has a memory controller, the FSB(front side bus) days are over when low CAS mattered.

its amazing how little education people have in this forum and the funny thing is they are 99% sony haters, ironic.

voicereason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 voicereason

[QUOTE="voicereason"][QUOTE="kipsta77"]

This, this & this.

spy2828

LOLWHAT? I agree with the "delusional" people. To realise how small of a diference RAM makes in system performance why don't you do a benchmark yourself?

First try with 8 Gigs of ram at 11-11-11-24 latency , then try with 4 Gigs, then try with 2 Gigs, then overclock it to 9-9-9 and try again.

After you do that you will realise the "delusional people" were right about how not important RAM is.

LOL at the pc hermits who think they know it all "Who cares about what the actual developers have said. I post on gamespot, and worship my pc daily, so therefore I know more then they all do. Hear me roar. Derp derp derp. PCs are better. GDDR5 RAM has no appliactions for gaming anyway. Derp derp derp" What is a lot of the fast RAM in the PS4 actually going to improve? Textures Transparencies Particles Lighting Animation Resolution Frame rate Open world games (see Skyrim on the PS3 for details on why RAM is so important) Loading times Persistent gameplay Number of enemies AI The PS4 will have an edge over the xbox one in all of those areas
Avatar image for CallOfDutyRulez
CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CallOfDutyRulez
Member since 2013 • 1602 Posts

[QUOTE="spy2828"]

[QUOTE="voicereason"] Read the post just up above You are both are delusional by the way lolvoicereason

LOL at the pc hermits who think they know it all "Who cares about what the actual developers have said. I post on gamespot, and worship my pc daily, so therefore I know more then they all do. Hear me roar. Derp derp derp. PCs are better. GDDR5 RAM has no appliactions for gaming anyway. Derp derp derp" What is a lot of the fast RAM in the PS4 actually going to improve? Textures Transparencies Particles Lighting Animation Resolution Frame rate Open world games (see Skyrim on the PS3 for details on why RAM is so important) Loading times Persistent gameplay Number of enemies AI The PS4 will have an edge over the xbox one in all of those areas

Not if the GPU isn't strong enough.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ZoomZoom2490

you ignorant fools, there is a thing called memory controller in these modern times, lol.

Front Side Bus is dead, no need for low CAS memory anymore.

wow, ignorance is a bliss.

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

It was a solution created from a problem that shouldn't have existed in the first place. DDR3 + on chip ESRAM was the more technical approach but $ony done goofed :?

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deeliman

[QUOTE="spy2828"]

[QUOTE="voicereason"] Read the post just up above You are both are delusional by the way lolvoicereason

I'll make a list for you what RAM actually improves and what in not improves.

What it does not improve: Textures Transparencies Particles Lighting Animation Resolution Frame rate Loading times Persistent gameplay AI

What is does improve: Number of enemies

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

tormentos

^ 100% BS

ps4 CPU will not use more than 20GB/s of memory bandwidth and the rest 156GB/s will be used by the GPU.

So the CPU is getting 20GB/s with high CAS latency.

Also GDDR5 exist on pc from 2008 as GPU memory and will never be used as main system memory.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 clyde46
[QUOTE="spy2828"]

This post shows you know nothing about RAM.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tormentos

whitey_rolls

The dfference between 360 and PS3 multiplatform games is because of the memory dude,the xbox 360 has a little more memory available for games,so don't say is nothing have you try to run windows 7 with 512MB of ram.?\

A good CPU and GPU without good ram is nothing.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Because this

Why don't PCs have DDR5 as system RAM? There are two reasons. For one, DDR3 actually has lower latency than DDR5, making it better for a CPU's quick-access general tasks. And while its bandwidth is a fraction of DDR5's, it is still more than adequate to provide data to the CPU. If we replaced it with gaming DDR5 we might actually see reduced CPU performance due to DDR5's increased latency.

PCs have to do a lot more than just games and they can' afford to have a laggy CPU. This is why a lot of people are saying they think the DDR5 is gonna hold back the PS4s CPU, especially for the non gaming side of things

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 clyde46

[QUOTE="whitey_rolls"]

tormentos

The dfference between 360 and PS3 multiplatform games is because of the memory dude,the xbox 360 has a little more memory available for games,so don't say is nothing have you try to run windows 7 with 512MB of ram.?\

Why should I torture myself with Win7 and 512mb of RAM/?
deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deeliman

[QUOTE="whitey_rolls"]

tormentos

What I think he means is that GDDR5 RAM won't make the PS4 a supercomputer like many people claimed.
voicereason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 voicereason

[QUOTE="voicereason"][QUOTE="spy2828"]

CallOfDutyRulez

The GPU in the PS4 is 50% more powerful then the GPU in the xbone People dont realise that its NOT just the GDDR5 ram The PS4 has a SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful GPU PLUS it has MUCH faster ram and MORE of that already much faster ram to use FOR GAMING (where as most of the pathetic slow ram in the xbox one is eaten up by non gaming purposes-OS and Kinect) The PS4 is a specially designed wholey efficient console In real world performance you are going to see the PS4 significantly and I mean significanly out perform the xbox one Its the GDDR5 + the GPU and + the fact the PS4 WILL have more of that MUCH faster ram to use FOR GAMING
ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ZoomZoom2490

Because this

Why don't PCs have DDR5 as system RAM? There are two reasons. For one, DDR3 actually has lower latency than DDR5, making it better for a CPU's quick-access general tasks. And while its bandwidth is a fraction of DDR5's, it is still more than adequate to provide data to the CPU. If we replaced it with gaming DDR5 we might actually see reduced CPU performance due to DDR5's increased latency.

seanmcloughlin

PCs have to do a lot more than just games and they can' afford to have a laggy CPU. This is why a lot of people are saying they think the DDR5 is gonna hold back the PS4s CPU, especially for the non gaming side of things

that's good news, Sony wont be able to turn the PS4 into a cable box, awesome.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#38 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

voicereason

Yeah it provided the best looking games of this gen. LOL numbskull

Oh..... Ok.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tormentos

^ 100% BS

ps4 CPU will not use more than 20GB/s of memory bandwidth and the rest 156GB/s will be used by the GPU.

So the CPU is getting 20GB/s with high CAS latency.

Also GDDR5 exist on pc from 2008 as GPU memory and will never be used as main system memory.

MK-Professor

The memory speed is 5500mhz far faster than DDR3,even is only one part is recerve for GPU..

Worried about GDDR5 latencies? Don't be. Large Cache, very capable bus, shortcuts and clever data transferring between CPU and GPU make that a non-issue.

This^^.

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2013/3/5/amd-kaveri-unveiled-pc-architecture-gets-gddr5.aspx

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

[QUOTE="whitey_rolls"]

tormentos

The difference in multiplats is because the 360 is easier to develop for.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 clyde46
[QUOTE="CallOfDutyRulez"]

[QUOTE="voicereason"] LOL at the pc hermits who think they know it all "Who cares about what the actual developers have said. I post on gamespot, and worship my pc daily, so therefore I know more then they all do. Hear me roar. Derp derp derp. PCs are better. GDDR5 RAM has no appliactions for gaming anyway. Derp derp derp" What is a lot of the fast RAM in the PS4 actually going to improve? Textures Transparencies Particles Lighting Animation Resolution Frame rate Open world games (see Skyrim on the PS3 for details on why RAM is so important) Loading times Persistent gameplay Number of enemies AI The PS4 will have an edge over the xbox one in all of those areasvoicereason

The GPU in the PS4 is 50% more powerful then the GPU in the xbone People dont realise that its NOT just the GDDR5 ram The PS4 has a SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful GPU PLUS it has MUCH faster ram and MORE of that already much faster ram to use FOR GAMING (where as most of the pathetic slow ram in the xbox one is eaten up by non gaming purposes-OS and Kinect) The PS4 is a specially designed wholey efficient console In real world performance you are going to see the PS4 significantly and I mean significanly out perform the xbox one Its the GDDR5 + the GPU and + the fact the PS4 WILL have more of that MUCH faster ram to use FOR GAMING

Keep chatting shit.
wasted_wiisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wasted_wiisdom
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts
[QUOTE="whitey_rolls"]

ZoomZoom2490
go learn a few things before writing nonsense.

learning a few things isn't ususally the prerequisite of writing nonsense.
HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

Hey tormentos serious question I promise :D

Why the need to consistently argue the spec difference between consoles. I mean they are both shit when compared to PC. I don't get it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tormentos

Why should I torture myself with Win7 and 512mb of RAM/?clyde46

You should not there is a reason why many people use 8GB,is not for show dude.

Is the point what you should see,Ram impact performance greatly,have to little and you will have problems.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tormentos

What I think he means is that GDDR5 RAM won't make the PS4 a supercomputer like many people claimed. deeliman

It will not.

But unlike what he claims memory is important,is the reason GPU makers moved from DDR3 long ago and now use GDDR5,if memory wasn't we would still be using cheaper DDR3.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tormentos

The difference in multiplats is because the 360 is easier to develop for. Cranler

No that was on 2005 2006 2007,the xbox 360 has unified memory and less bloated OS that the PS3,no matter what the PS3 can only use less than 256MB for video,the xbox 360 can use more.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Cranler
[QUOTE="CallOfDutyRulez"]

[QUOTE="voicereason"] LOL at the pc hermits who think they know it all "Who cares about what the actual developers have said. I post on gamespot, and worship my pc daily, so therefore I know more then they all do. Hear me roar. Derp derp derp. PCs are better. GDDR5 RAM has no appliactions for gaming anyway. Derp derp derp" What is a lot of the fast RAM in the PS4 actually going to improve? Textures Transparencies Particles Lighting Animation Resolution Frame rate Open world games (see Skyrim on the PS3 for details on why RAM is so important) Loading times Persistent gameplay Number of enemies AI The PS4 will have an edge over the xbox one in all of those areasvoicereason

50% is not significantly more powerful. PS 4 is supposedly 8x more powerful than PS 3. Thats 900% faster which would make the xbone 850% faster than last gen.
deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deeliman

[QUOTE="deeliman"] What I think he means is that GDDR5 RAM won't make the PS4 a supercomputer like many people claimed. tormentos

It will not.

But unlike what he claims memory is important,is the reason GPU makers moved from DDR3 long ago and now use GDDR5,if memory wasn't we would still be using cheaper DDR3.

Ofcourse it's important, but it won't improve graphics details or particle effects in games like some people here say. Luckily not everyone here is a complete idiot :)
whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 whitey_rolls
Member since 2006 • 2547 Posts
[QUOTE="tormentos"]

[QUOTE="whitey_rolls"]

deeliman

What I think he means is that GDDR5 RAM won't make the PS4 a supercomputer like many people claimed.

Exactly it's just more sony hype - do we remember the cell? How did that work out for you? And for those saying I'm a blind Xbox fanboy, not quite I have no intentions at all of buying either console.
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Cranler

[QUOTE="Cranler"] The difference in multiplats is because the 360 is easier to develop for. tormentos

No that was on 2005 2006 2007,the xbox 360 has unified memory and less bloated OS that the PS3,no matter what the PS3 can only use less than 256MB for video,the xbox 360 can use more.

Multiplat devs dont take the time to harness the extra power of the ps 3 like Sony exclusive devs do.