if sony goes, i definately wont miss them

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iandoe_pr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 iandoe_pr
Member since 2005 • 535 Posts

this is a company that had no idea why they were successful with the playstation1, they actually actually thought all this time people bought their console because of the name, who do they think they're kidding?, the only reason why playstation took off was because there was no competition at the time, and n64 had expensive development costs with the cartridge system, so developers freely through cheap cdrom games on the playstation and so it got all these games, playstation was never innovative, it never brought any superior hardware power, and was ALWAYS an expensive console

now the rude awakening, sony actually thought YOU were going to go spend $600 on their system because of the name, now they are suffering, i say good riddance, now xbox is getting all the games, low manufacture cost and ease of development. if xbox dies i will miss them cause i will miss that xboxlive service, theres just nothing else like it, not even on pc, (broadband only gaming, everyone has voice chat, unified friends list, etc)

i'd rather playstation just turn the lights off, and let sega get back in the industry

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

Yeah, neither would I.

They only brought gaming to the masses with both the PS1 and PS2. The videogame industry would be nowhere near as big as it is today without them.

And one more thing: PS3 is here to stay, as is Sony. 

_Stuff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 _Stuff_
Member since 2004 • 1244 Posts
You'd miss them once the price jacking starts.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts
Troll much? I would be sad to see Sony go out, all my happiest memories as a gamer are from a Sony console. I wonder back when Sega was in the console wars did everyone say they loved them, cause now that they are gone everyone is all We want Sega back!! or I hate Sony cause they killed Sega!!! Think we will hear this if Sony leaves?
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
You would eventually, if not immediately.
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts

Yeah, neither would I.

They only brought gaming to the masses with both the PS1 and PS2. The videogame industry would be nowhere near as big as it is today without them.

the-very-best

gaming to the masses? lol. i'd give nintendo that crown personally, and sony wouldn't be anywhere in the game industry without ninty.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
Yeah I won't miss them either.
choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts
Yea becuase the video game industry would of been soo much better off without SONY ...

I mean imagine how awsome it would be with Nintendo having a monolopoly -> the Wii wouldn't exist as why innovative if u have no competition?
   Man good times ... no rachet and clank, no resistance, no PS1 no PS2 no Xbox, no Halo, no GeOW, no GOW, etc ...
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts
[QUOTE="the-very-best"]

Yeah, neither would I.

3picuri3

gaming to the masses? lol. i'd give nintendo that crown personally, and sony wouldn't be anywhere in the game industry without ninty.

Yeah Sony had to have someone to walk all over the last two gens.

Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts

Yeah, neither would I.

the-very-best

They might be here to stay, but as long as they do they are here to lose money too. Question is, how long till they realized they've thrown enough money down the drain already? 

choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts
[QUOTE="the-very-best"]

Yeah, neither would I.

3picuri3

And the industry wouldn't be anywhere without SONY ...
    whom  had the first console to sell over 100 million units ?
    whom had the 2nd console to sell over 100 million units ?
    who apart from SONY has a console that has ever sold over 70 million unitd ?

who's sucess in the industry made Microsoft believe it was possible to enter ?
    whom replaced the dying SEGA to prevent Nintendo from having a monopoly and possible a another industry collapase ...

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

Yeah, neither would I.

the-very-best
Nintendo did that with the NES,SNES,and GBA.But Sony built upon it.Hopefully if Sony DOES go,then theyll go third-party...they have some amazing games.If Sony goes completely bakrupt...:(then ill be sad.I mean,they make TV's,game consoles,MP3 players,Stereos,Speakers,Radios,Computer,Laptops,games and funds movies,tv shows,CD labels...Sony's doesnt only make consoles people.They are pretty amazing.
loudharley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 loudharley
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts
Why start a stupid thread like this,really?Look,im a big xbox fan myself but why come on here and make a thread with a bunch of bs just because you like microsoft more than sony,its incredibly childish.I just wish this geeky fighting over game consoles would stop and people would grow up.I see several threads like this everytime i come on here,either someone hates sony,or someone hates xbox,or nintendo.Just stop this bs and play what u like,thats what i do.
coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 coolasj19
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
my god i would destroy u if i wasn't using my PS3 to type. u obviously are a fanboy of some kind. without the playstation we would still be in the videogame dark ages. and not to mention x box wouldn't have shown up to keep pc gaming from being destroyed. also who would have push gaming hardware to the limit at those times. i'm so sick of uber fanboys who wish consoles would leave. if it did leave i would love to see u buy 100$ games for your x box. without strong competition of some kind (playstation) we wouldn't even be playing these games. the gaming market probably would have chrashed somehow. just remember i would destroy u if i was on my vaio(sony)computer. good night to u. PS im typing from my PS3
bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts
lol at people who think sony is going under, by the end of the console war for this gen sony will once again be on top smiling down at you 360 and wii owners, well maybe not the wii as that console will only last 4 years before they bring out a Hd console with a wiimote
TheSpidren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheSpidren
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts
As much as I dislike the PS3, I want Sony to stay IN the market. I want there to be competition to get MS off their lazy arses and make their consoles/games even better. If sony goes, MS can just do nothing and still reep in the money (because seriously, who would take the Wii as an alternative to something like the 360?).

But yeah, I want sony to stay in the business, but keep having MS's products a bit better :D
Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts
Nintendo would be churning out cartridge consoles STILL and all would be wondering why we're still playing 512mb cartridges when DVD9s are out.
coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 coolasj19
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
Why start a stupid thread like this,really?Look,im a big xbox fan myself but why come on here and make a thread with a bunch of bs just because you like microsoft more than sony,its incredibly childish.I just wish this geeky fighting over game consoles would stop and people would grow up.I see several threads like this everytime i come on here,either someone hates sony,or someone hates xbox,or nintendo.Just stop this bs and play what u like,thats what i do.loudharley
on a side note thank u charlie. i feel the same way cept im a playstation fan
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
Well sorry but I'd miss Sony immensly. PS1 and PS2 were amazing. Just because a company is having a rough time doesn't mean they haven't left some significant impact. I'm sure a lot of people could have said that about not even caring if Nintendo went away during the N64 and Gamecube era. But bottom line it I want Sony to stay and I want them to continue to compete. I want them to become more a pressence around the world and especially Japan. I want all systems with an equal market share.
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 killab2oo5
Nintendo would be churning out cartridge consoles STILL and all would be wondering why we're still playing 512mb cartridges when DVD9s are out.NobuoMusicMaker
Lmao,I can definately believe that.
hotdaisy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hotdaisy18
Member since 2004 • 1909 Posts
If Sony goes, then gaming will go down the crapper.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JiveT

If Sony goes, then gaming will go down the crapper.hotdaisy18

link?

thejakel11225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thejakel11225
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts

[QUOTE="hotdaisy18"]If Sony goes, then gaming will go down the crapper.JiveT

link?

What do you need a link for? less competition is always bad. 

NextGenNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NextGenNow
Member since 2007 • 2622 Posts
[QUOTE="the-very-best"]

Yeah, neither would I.

Acemaster27

They might be here to stay, but as long as they do they are here to lose money too. Question is, how long till they realized they've thrown enough money down the drain already? 

The MS gaming division has turned nothing in but losses ever since Xbox 1...this fall is the first time they will be going from red to black in 8 years....that and they publicy ABANDONED all support for Xbox 1 as Sony announced GoW2 and FF XII for PS2...an older console than Xbox....point is....Sony innovates..MS doesnt...they wil prolly leave gaming come this next gen...they aren't gonna stick to something as lossful as gaming...and if you know anything bout MS...they leave if crap flops.
haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
[QUOTE="the-very-best"]

Yeah, neither would I.

Acemaster27

You seriously think sony lost money by making the PS1 and PS2... come on.... No company can last a decade by constantly being in the minus.

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 killab2oo5
[QUOTE="Acemaster27"][QUOTE="the-very-best"]

Yeah, neither would I.

NextGenNow

The MS gaming division has turned nothing in but losses ever since Xbox 1...this fall is the first time they will be going from red to black in 8 years....that and they publicy ABANDONED all support for Xbox 1 as Sony announced GoW2 and FF XII for PS2...an older console than Xbox....point is....Sony innovates..MS doesnt...they wil prolly leave gaming come this next gen...they aren't gonna stick to something as lossful as gaming...and if you know anything bout MS...they leave if crap flops.

Sony had nothing to do with FFXII,that decision was based upon SE.Also...Microsoft ranked higher in innovation than Sony did...cant remember what it was called,but I think it mattered.Microsoft won do to the innovation of the Marketplace.:)Marketplace,Dashboard,Achievements are all considered innovation my friend...very good innovation.
hotdaisy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hotdaisy18
[QUOTE="JiveT"]

[QUOTE="hotdaisy18"]If Sony goes, then gaming will go down the crapper.thejakel11225

link?

Think of gaming now without Nintendo. Or MS. It's bad either way. Having all three around is a very good thing and I hope it lasts for a very long time. Sony haters just need a slap in the face with reality.

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JiveT
[QUOTE="thejakel11225"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

[QUOTE="hotdaisy18"]If Sony goes, then gaming will go down the crapper.hotdaisy18

link?

Think of gaming now without Nintendo. Or MS. It's bad either way. Having all three around is a very good thing and I hope it lasts for a very long time. Sony hates just need a slap in the face with reality.

Somehow I knew you didn't have a link. Gaming was doing fine without Sony and if they left it would still do fine.

hotdaisy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hotdaisy18
[QUOTE="hotdaisy18"][QUOTE="thejakel11225"][QUOTE="JiveT"]

[QUOTE="hotdaisy18"]If Sony goes, then gaming will go down the crapper.JiveT

link?

Think of gaming now without Nintendo. Or MS. It's bad either way. Having all three around is a very good thing and I hope it lasts for a very long time. Sony hates just need a slap in the face with reality.

Somehow I knew you didn't have a link. Gaming was doing fine without Sony and if they left it would still do fine.

Link?

Nex_Ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Nex_Ownage
Member since 2004 • 4753 Posts
The main reason i care about hardware makers is because of their first party games and since sony has none that intreset me, i won't miss 'em either.
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
 More games for the other consoles ;)
STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 STABW0UND
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts

[QUOTE="NobuoMusicMaker"]Nintendo would be churning out cartridge consoles STILL and all would be wondering why we're still playing 512mb cartridges when DVD9s are out.killab2oo5

I would rather have cartridge's  over the easy to scratch, long loading time cd's anyday.

loudharley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 loudharley
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts
What fans of all three systems seem to miss is that these companys need competition to modivate them to bring out the best product that they can.If sony,microsoft or nintendo had the market all to there selves you would see a lot of half assed hardware and games.Its ok to like a console over the other but to sit on a message board and scream my games better than yours is extremley rediculous,at that point u really need to look in the mirror and ask your self were your life is heading.
hotdaisy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hotdaisy18

[QUOTE="killab2oo5"][QUOTE="NobuoMusicMaker"]Nintendo would be churning out cartridge consoles STILL and all would be wondering why we're still playing 512mb cartridges when DVD9s are out.STABW0UND

I would rather have cartridge's  over the easy to scratch, long loading time cd's anyday.

And yet there are cartrige games that have load times. Let alone XBLA games. Played Pac Man CE lately?

mike7677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mike7677
Member since 2006 • 2426 Posts

In the news, this:

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/newstex/AFX-0013-17321765.htm

Big time layoffs at Sony. I wonder if they can actually see what's going on around them? I doubt it.

Avatar image for ChinoJamesKeene
ChinoJamesKeene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ChinoJamesKeene
Member since 2003 • 1201 Posts
I miss the 3DO, such an awsome machine. Poeple should forget Sony and buy a 3DO.
tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tegovoltio
Member since 2004 • 9280 Posts

[QUOTE="killab2oo5"][QUOTE="NobuoMusicMaker"]Nintendo would be churning out cartridge consoles STILL and all would be wondering why we're still playing 512mb cartridges when DVD9s are out.STABW0UND

I would rather have cartridge's over the easy to scratch, long loading time cd's anyday.

And just when I thought this thread could get more fanboysm and ignorance.

More games for the other consoles ;)themyth01

You mean as if MS and Nintendo were to pull out of gaming too, right?

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

There aren't many first party games I'd miss from Sony, but competition is good. If Sony dropped off then Nintendo and Microsoft could price gouge much more often.

Obviously it wouldn't lead to the death of gaming, even if it killed the console market (PC gaming survived and thrived through the 1980s crash), but it'd kill the rather good equilibrium we've got going at the moment.

Sony just needs to be humbled after their success with the PS1 and PS2, not knocked out. 

Heri012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Heri012
Member since 2006 • 338 Posts
This topic just show that how childish & sometimes idiot fanatic fanboys can be....