If Ps4 and Xbox 720 are weak

• 147 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

I doubt Ps4 and Xbox 720 will be weak. Mainly because pc gaming would be so far ahead of the consoles like never before. Be the first time its been like that for me.

If the consoles are as weak as people on system wars say they will be then this will be a much different gen than before. Its always been that the consoles at launch are on par with the latest pc hardware or close. How different of a gen do you think it will be if Ps4 and Xbox 720 are weak compared to the pc?

I think that due to this the pc gaming market for dedicated gpu's will die out and become redudant. They will no longer make games that can make use of the hardware so everybody can play at high settings with integrated graphics.

There will be less and less exclusives because pc gaming has become cheaper to get into and has become a bigger player, thus it will take a bigger share from the pie. The main difference from the consoles in terms of games will be what gimmicks they can do.

Ps4 and Xbox 720 are most likely gonna be on par with current pc hardware like gtx 680 in power. Its like those end of the world predictions, when people say the consoles are gonna be weak.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

im still satisfied with my ps3 even today, its more about the actual games than raw hardware imo , imo as long as there will be a noticable upgrade to current gen tech im fine, but id still rather pay more to get more advanced tech , i dont understand people who rather get a cheap console at launch with weak tech than pay lets say double as much and get a better device on the long run

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 slipknot0129

im still satisfied with my ps3 even today, its more about the actual games than raw hardware imo , imo as long as there will be a noticable upgrade to current gen tech im fine, but id still rather pay more to get more advanced tech , i dont understand people who rather get a cheap console at launch with weak tech than pay lets say double as much and get a better device on the long run

AmnesiaHaze

You also have to think that these consoles will have a even longer gen, so they can afford to lose even more money at the beginning.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
It depends on what sort of market MS and Sony want to target. If they want to target casuals then the consoles should be cheap which means the hardware will be lowend and cheap too.
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AmnesiaHaze
It depends on what sort of market MS and Sony want to target. If they want to target casuals then the consoles should be cheap which means the hardware will be lowend and cheap too.clyde46
but whats the point of releasing a new console for the casual target audience at all, they could run on the current gen hardware even the next 10 years to play those karaoke and party games
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 clyde46
[QUOTE="clyde46"]It depends on what sort of market MS and Sony want to target. If they want to target casuals then the consoles should be cheap which means the hardware will be lowend and cheap too.AmnesiaHaze
but whats the point of releasing a new console for the casual target audience at all, they could run on the current gen hardware even the next 10 years to play those karaoke and party games

New things, people love new things. Why do you think Apple does so well selling their products.
Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts

I was wondering,what will companies like ubisoft and square enix do if the 720 and ps4 turn out to be weak?

They have obviously spent a lot of money on next gen game engines(watch dogs,luminous engine etc)...

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 slipknot0129

I was wondering,what will companies like ubisoft and square enix do if the 720 and ps4 turn out to be weak?

They have obviously spent a lot of money on next gen game engines(watch dogs,luminous engine etc)...

call_of_duty_10

They be working for next gen dollars but putting out current gen games.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
they won't be weak. sony/ms aren't stupid, they see no1 buys the outdated wiiu so better invest more money on next gen specs than build a cheap system no one cares about.
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts

AmnesiaHaze
I think that is such BS, the way I see it alot of the games on the PC is on consoles yeah PC look better but only through constant upgrades. I think Consoles provide better value for money and doesn't age as bad as what PC's do until they have to get upgraded...Again. I got my PS3 on lunch in 2006 it cost me £425 ($682.488). But I also got a desktop in the same year for when I went to UNI and Spent £899 ($1,443.68) My PS3 plays Skyrim, Battlefield 3, Mass Effect, Dead Space etc a lot better then my more expensive Desktop. Sure my PC can play them better but I will need to thinking about buying a new CPU, GPU, and quicker ram and maybe even a new motherboard. Consoles are great and I love them but also PC's are great to but lets not kid ourselves a console at lunch will out price and out last a PC bought on the same day
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

they won't be weak. sony/ms aren't stupid, they see no1 buys the outdated wiiu so better invest more money on next gen specs than build a cheap system no one cares about.silversix_

The Wii U is sold out everywhere and is backordered for months. Maybe you should check your sources there, slick. The only thing you got right is that the PS4/next xbox won't be weak, they'll be stronger than the Wii U...though by how much is yet to be seen. Some things already hint that it won't be by much. With the Wii U already being more powerful than the PS3/360, the only place to go is up.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

[QUOTE="silversix_"]they won't be weak. sony/ms aren't stupid, they see no1 buys the outdated wiiu so better invest more money on next gen specs than build a cheap system no one cares about.Puckhog04

The Wii U is sold out everywhere and is backordered for months. Maybe you should check your sources there, slick. The only thing you got right is that the PS4/next xbox won't be weak, they'll be stronger than the Wii U...though by how much is yet to be seen. Some things already hint that it won't be by much. With the Wii U already being more powerful than the PS3/360, the only place to go is up.

dunno about US but in canada wiiu is absolutely everywhere. i have only been in one bestbuy where it was sold out. its in all ebgames i asked it in, all futureshops...

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#13 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

Next gen consoles will be on par with most gaming PCs. Don't assume that everybody owns a $1000 gaming rig.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

It is the games that defines a systems strenght not the hardware,,,

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AmnesiaHaze

It is the games that defines a systems strenght not the hardware,,,

aroxx_ab
but without proper hardware games will need to be optimized (downgraded) or wont be possible at all, how much better would ps3 be if it could run skyrim dlc...
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ziggyww

[QUOTE="silversix_"]they won't be weak. sony/ms aren't stupid, they see no1 buys the outdated wiiu so better invest more money on next gen specs than build a cheap system no one cares about.Puckhog04

Yeah but being sold out isn't that impressive when there wasn't much to begin with to sell. It was a marketing strategy to make their consoles seem more desirable by making it limited by the amount you can get at lunch. The Wii did this the first time around. I could make 2 consoles sell them both and say I'm sold out...So, it doesn't mean anything check you facts...SLICK!!! Both the PS3 and 360 sold more on black friday then what the Wii U sold at launch. And no the Wii U is more powerful but not by much it has only really caught up and passed by a fraction, big deal instead of playing black ops at 720 I can play it at 1080 but even the tech demos arn't that great compared to current gen. New consoles will see a bigger difference and if so its going to be a big diffrence to the Wii U aswell.
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ziggyww

Next gen consoles will be on par with most gaming PCs. Don't assume that everybody owns a $1000 gaming rig.

Master_ShakeXXX
I think this is the first time I agree with you
Avatar image for fernandmondego_
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fernandmondego_
Member since 2005 • 3170 Posts
If they are going to be weak than they should just stay with their current consoles. I know a lot of people here say that they should release new consoles and that they should be weak and cheap but that 's just stupid.
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22670 Posts
Youre gonna see powerful hardware making this conversation pointless and my crystal ball awesome.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
they wont be weak...
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Depends what their being compared to. If compared to the Wii U, they'll look like heavywieghts :o if compared to the best gaming rigs available 3 years after they've launched, they'll look like lightweights. :P

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

Wont comment on MS but Sony absolutely will build a powerhouse machine, its what they do. They are and always have been a technology driven hardware company and certainly wont want to be beaten at their own game by MS so expect somethin very special from them.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

They won;t be power wasting guzzlers like the 360 and PS3 and they won't be a massive leap over this gen.A noticeable leap over this gen will happen and it may make it easier to port to certain weaker consoles like the WiiU,last gen consoles,Ouya(lol) etc,

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I dont care, I'll be getting one of them.

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
The Wii U is sold out everywhere and is backordered for months. Puckhog04
http://www.gamestop.com/ Front Page. NOW IN STOCK. lul.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]The Wii U is sold out everywhere and is backordered for months. Badosh
http://www.gamestop.com/ Front Page. NOW IN STOCK. lul.

Chicagoland area here. Out of the 18 walmarts in a 30 mile radius only one is sold out. Even people in the wii-u sticky are just walking into their local stores and picking one up.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#27 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I hope they are powerful enough to handle Crysis 2 and Battlefield 3 maxed graphics, Unreal Engine 4, etc. On the other hand, some 360/PS3 games still impress me visually (Halo 4, Uncharted 3, Far Cry 3, etc...), so anything above them will be good enough.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
We saw a huge graphical jump from the original xbox($300) to 360($300-$400) and that was only 4 years. A $300-$400 console 8 years later will be a even bigger jump in functionality and in graphical capability. The only people who say otherwise are sheep hoping they aren't left behind again.
chickfornick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chickfornick
Member since 2006 • 34 Posts

I expect the next xbox box to be weak as Microsoft tend to use cheap of the shelp components so they can make it easily compatible with games for windows crap wouldn't surprise me if they take Nintendo's route and just beeff up the specs a little by adding more ram and a bluray drive and boosting the cpu and gpu only a little. Sony will be the only true console maker left next gen.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

I expect the next xbox box to be weak as Microsoft tend to use cheap of the shelp components so they can make it easily compatible with games for windows crap wouldn't surprise me if they take Nintendo's route and just beeff up the specs a little by adding more ram and a bluray drive and boosting the cpu and gpu only a little. Sony will be the only true console maker left next gen.

chickfornick

Off what shelf was Xenos available :shock: In other words, you're wrong. :P

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#31 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

chickfornick

Yep, next gen will only start when Sony says so.

Stefan91x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Stefan91x
Member since 2011 • 225 Posts

Well Sonys most successful consoles were always the weakest with the worst graphics, in that case I suspect the PS4 will be only slighty more powerful than the WiiU. NextBox will be a powerhouse, I'm sure about that.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

Every console generation has experienced some sort fo major architectural shift in the hardware. The last one, of course was unified shaders. This meant that once developers got the hang of the new architecture/rendering model, they could come up with game sthta looked significantly betetr than the gen befroe.

But there are no significant hardware shifts this upcoming generation. There's nothign comparable to the unified shaders of last gen. Right now all we have are more powerful and more power effcient versions of what we had back then plus a few improvements and features like Tessellation and direct compute.

So the only way for consoles to match a modern, high end PC is to match them purely on hardware muscle, and that's a battle they CANNOT win, because you can't build consoles the size of ATX towers. The PC will always have more TDP room than a console.

Expect hardware that performs about the same as a modern mid range PC. With some time, I think devs can squeeze out a little more power out fo the hardware vs a game running on the DX API on PC, but by that time PC will have GPU's and CPU's that are twice as powerful.

Ofcourse, that's speaking relatively when comparing the next gen consoles to PC's, but that doesn't mean that games won't have more to offer next gen. Lighting, Anti-Alising, Physics, view distances, size and complexity of the worlds, all of these things will be much improved from what current gen consoles can do. Coming from playign games at barely 720p, aliased to hell and back, low rez textures, and "corridor" games, most conole gamers are going to be wowed just by upping the rez and increase the frame rate - nevermind improving the lighting/shadowing, the textures, etc.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

We saw a huge graphical jump from the original xbox($300) to 360($300-$400) and that was only 4 years. A $300-$400 console 8 years later will be a even bigger jump in functionality and in graphical capability. The only people who say otherwise are sheep hoping they aren't left behind again. MFDOOM1983

The 720 may be using a slow cpu like the WiiU to save power and most tech discussions point at the 720 being anywere from 6X-8X more powerful then the 360.

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PressXtoJump
Member since 2012 • 1484 Posts
it is redundant for the PS nation as the ps3 may eventually be more powerful than the ps4 due to the rising of untapped cell power. it has already overtaken modern day PC graphics as proven by the other thread on the main page.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

[QUOTE="silversix_"]they won't be weak. sony/ms aren't stupid, they see no1 buys the outdated wiiu so better invest more money on next gen specs than build a cheap system no one cares about.silversix_

dunno about US but in canada wiiu is absolutely everywhere. i have only been in one bestbuy where it was sold out. its in all ebgames i asked it in, all futureshops...

Whoa, anecdotes? Well, on the flipside, IO have yet to find one in store :?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lundy86_4

it is redundant for the PS nation as the ps3 may eventually be more powerful than the ps4 due to the rising of untapped cell power. it has already overtaken modern day PC graphics as proven by the other thread on the main page.PressXtoJump

That makes absolutely zero sense. Stop spewing nonsense.

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PressXtoJump

[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"]it is redundant for the PS nation as the ps3 may eventually be more powerful than the ps4 due to the rising of untapped cell power. it has already overtaken modern day PC graphics as proven by the other thread on the main page.lundy86_4

dont you remember KARA? it was the cell speaking...
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PressXtoJump
[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"]it is redundant for the PS nation as the ps3 may eventually be more powerful than the ps4 due to the rising of untapped cell power. it has already overtaken modern day PC graphics as proven by the other thread on the main page.PressXtoJump

if speculations are correct, the one cell that isnt used inside the core of the ps3 is not for NOTHING, it for you.......the people.......and it could very well be dedicated for spiritual emotion and feeling, hence KARAs outcries.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts
[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"][QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

PressXtoJump

if speculations are correct, the one cell that isnt used inside the core of the ps3 is not for NOTHING, it for you.......the people.......and it could very well be dedicated for spiritual emotion and feeling, hence KARAs outcries.

You might want to log in to one of your alts before quoting yourself.
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

Every console generation has experienced some sort fo major architectural shift in the hardware. The last one, of course was unified shaders. This meant that once developers got the hang of the new architecture/rendering model, they could come up with game sthta looked significantly betetr than the gen befroe.

But there are no significant hardware shifts this upcoming generation. There's nothign comparable to the unified shaders of last gen. Right now all we have are more powerful and more power effcient versions of what we had back then plus a few improvements and features like Tessellation and direct compute.

So the only way for consoles to match a modern, high end PC is to match them purely on hardware muscle, and that's a battle they CANNOT win, because you can't build consoles the size of ATX towers. The PC will always have more TDP room than a console.

Expect hardware that performs about the same as a modern mid range PC. With some time, I think devs can squeeze out a little more power out fo the hardware vs a game running on the DX API on PC, but by that time PC will have GPU's and CPU's that are twice as powerful.

Ofcourse, that's speaking relatively when comparing the next gen consoles to PC's, but that doesn't mean that games won't have more to offer next gen. Lighting, Anti-Alising, Physics, view distances, size and complexity of the worlds, all of these things will be much improved from what current gen consoles can do. Coming from playign games at barely 720p, aliased to hell and back, low rez textures, and "corridor" games, most conole gamers are going to be wowed just by upping the rez and increase the frame rate - nevermind improving the lighting/shadowing, the textures, etc.

Kinthalis

MS and Sony cannot afford to take large losses this time around, so what they are doing is focusing on console itself to be cheap,able to make a profit and are reliable. They can not accomplish that with creating consoles that are using hardware that requires plenty of power and cooling. Also people are over looking the fact there is 8 years of hardware and software gap between this gen and the upcoming gen. The current consoles are holding back gaming advancement in general because of their hardware and memory limits and since this generation multiplatform gaming has become the norm. They have to design and create these games around the lowest common denominator which tends to be the consoles, which prohibits many game factors as what Kinthalis has stated above. Once we move onto the next generation, we will finally be on a native direct x 11, shader model 5 standard with much better game worlds to interact with and to look at..

Now some need to realize that even with a low tier gpu's if used in the next consoles those gpu's would be still be 4x stronger and able to much more that the older console gpu's. They would be going from 256mb of video memory to 1024mb to 2048mb of memory allowing true native 1080 resolutions and much higher quality detail in game. Now also we will be moving from the old use of direct x9 and shader model 3 base to direct x 11 and shader model 5, that alone will provide a huge gap. More processing power along with more memory in general will allow so many doors to open in games in general where even though the consoles may be weak compared to gaming Pc's fact is that it will be a leap over what is out now.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lundy86_4

if speculations are correct, the one cell that isnt used inside the core of the ps3 is not for NOTHING, it for you.......the people.......and it could very well be dedicated for spiritual emotion and feeling, hence KARAs outcries.PressXtoJump

6 SPEs can be utilized for game development. One is for the OS and one is locked out to increase manufacturing yields.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Uh just last week I could get a Wii U in almost every GameStop I walked into. Don't know why people keep saying this

Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

I really do hope not especially when consoles are lasting 6-8 years now. Graphics look insane now even on console so I'm thinking next gen is about the physics, animation and standard 1080p .

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 04dcarraher

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]We saw a huge graphical jump from the original xbox($300) to 360($300-$400) and that was only 4 years. A $300-$400 console 8 years later will be a even bigger jump in functionality and in graphical capability. The only people who say otherwise are sheep hoping they aren't left behind again. super600

The 720 may be using a slow cpu like the WiiU to save power and most tech discussions point at the 720 being anywere from 6X-8X more powerful then the 360.

Which means a cpu and gpu between 3-4x stronger then current however you cant just look at brute processing and say its weak, when we will see native direct x 11 and shader model 5 based games over current direct x 9 shader model 3 games and major increase in memory usage in games instead of only 512mb of memory for system and video usage we will see 4-8x times the amount used. That alone will allow make a giant leap in gaming options in general from graphics to level sizes,MP player counts to interactivity of the games. Also need to point out also the PS4 AMD APU design base that was reported also pointing toward a low cost high efficiency, designs from both companies.
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 04dcarraher

I really do hope not especially when consoles are lasting 6-8 years now. Graphics look insane now even on console so I'm thinking next gen is about the physics, animation and standard 1080p .

Blazed
They will go back to the normal 4-6 year generation cycle because of how technology changes. But the main reason why current consoles have been out for nearly 8 years is because the mistakes made by MS and Sony. They had to make up the losses, between them having high development costs to failure rates from MS to Sony's expensive hardware used taking losses per unit for years. They are not going to do the same mistakes again so we will see low cost low TDP designed consoles that will provide a graphical leap in detail and interactivity while making a profit from the get go.
santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"]

slipknot0129

You also have to think that these consoles will have a even longer gen, so they can afford to lose even more money at the beginning.

IF there's one thing we can safely assume, it's that next gen will be shorter than this one, likely going back to ~5 year cycles. Why? Because after moaning and whining about how they needed this to be a longer gen to recoup increased dev costs, devs and publishers are now tripping over each other to blame shrinking sales on the longer gen. :roll: So I'd bet longer gens are out, and loss leader strategies likely will be more conservative, as on the whole console gamers are buying fewer titles and either playing them longer via multiplayer and DLC, or splitting their time with newer platforms, which means there's less of a margin to recoup losses and actually turn a profit than before. There's quite a bit of room between the high end enthusiast level hardware some PC gamers enjoy and "weak" hardware, IMO. I expect the new consoles to be very capable machines able to hold their own against mid range PC hardware, but expecting them to match the latest, most expensive PC hardware with the current realities I mentioned above AND the market's distaste for hardware above a $399 price point just isn't realistic.
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#48 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Graphics in video games arent going to be getting much better than what they already are now on the PC. The only thing I can see being pushed in future console games is resolution, scale and physics.

...Oh and gimmicks.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 04dcarraher

Graphics in video games arent going to be getting much better than what they already are now on the PC. The only thing I can see being pushed in future console games is resolution, scale and physics.

pelvist

Not really, There has yet to be a native direct x 11 game built from the ground up for Pc hardware. All we have been getting are multiplatform upscaled games based off of console limits with tacked on direct x 11 features and or games still based off of direct x 9 shader model 3 basis.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 clyde46

[QUOTE="pelvist"]

04dcarraher

Not really, There has yet to be a native direct x 11 game built from the ground up for Pc hardware. All we have been getting are multiplatform upscaled games based off of console limits with tacked on direct x 11 features and or games still based off of direct x 9 shader model 3 basis.

Crysis 3 looks like the first DX11 only title.