if Project Beast is real, does MS stand a chance at E3?

Posted by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) 11 months, 19 days ago

Poll: if Project Beast is real, does MS stand a chance at E3? (102 votes)

If Project Beast is real and revealed as a PS4 exclusive then there's no way MS can win E3 40%
Even with Project Beast, MS can still win E3 26%
I dont care about Project Beast 33%

Honestly IMO if all Sony shows is the Project Beast trailer and it is indeed real, IMO there is nothing MS can do to win E3.

#151 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@B4X

Actually he's right..... Sales are the undisputable factor of determining a game's popularity.

Wrong. In Popularity. Every person counts. Non-Gamers or gamers. Sales are a true determining factor. Just not the only one.

All he has to do is perform the test I described to him for a Month straight and he will have a large enough sample size to know I'm right.

Parents know what Halo is.

#152 Posted by trugs26 (5944 posts) -

The classic Cow Circle Jerk where the cows prematurely finish.

#153 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18529 posts) -

@B4X

Isn't that more like Notoriety than popularity ?

#154 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@AzatiS said:

@b4x said:

@AzatiS said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

A few shitty gifs and E3 is won? I love cow mentality.

Same thing happened with Deep Down. Then the downgrade occurred. Now cows dont even talk about it because it fell off the hype train.

LOL, this will be multiplat anyway.

Lemmings , you shouldnt even talk to cows about games ...

Try me !

I just did. With that Gif.

You're up.

#155 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@B4X

Isn't that more like Notoriety than popularity ?

Same damn thing. Number of people knowing about something or someone is the definition of popularity.

You want to play? We can play. :p

#156 Posted by lostrib (42785 posts) -

@trugs26 said:

The classic Cow Circle Jerk where the cows prematurely finish.

I'm sure there PS4s will be disappointed

#157 Posted by TuuPumpChump (99 posts) -

Dark souls with improved graphics *yawn

#158 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@tuupumpchump said:

Dark souls with improved graphics *yawn

/slap

#159 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18529 posts) -

@B4X

On System Wars... ? No thank you.....

And they're not the same.

#160 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@B4X

On System Wars... ? No thank you.....

And they're not the same.

Yes they Yes they are. Read my edit.

Come on lets play baby. :p

#161 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18529 posts) -

@B4X

Play with yourself.

#162 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18529 posts) -

Actually the Neutral term is Familiarity.......

#163 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@B4X

Play with yourself.

I play a lot of single player games. That's not one of them girl :p

#164 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18529 posts) -

@B4X

Girl ? :o

I'm a dude ! Granted I maybe alil on the curvey side but I'm all man.....

#165 Posted by xxgunslingerxx (4091 posts) -

@b4x said:

@xxgunslingerxx said:

@Maroxad said:

Even if Sony pulled out one big game that doesn't mean Microsoft couldn't do the same.

Microsoft won last E3 as far as I am concerned. Microsoft showcased MGSV and it looked awesome, whereas Sony announced that they will charge for online.

honestly you should just delete your account now

Come on Dude?

Sony showed AC Blackflag....It Locked up on stage.

3 exclusives we knew about. Then all multi-plats.

Indies for fucking 10-15 minutes of E3 .....Really? This is a AAA event. Show them on the show floor.

We can trade used games...We win.

399.00.. with no camera we win.

Microsoft showed AAA games for 50 minutes.

How about you delete.

stop kidding yourself please lembot

Microsoft suffered the worst backlash in the history of E3s last year

its been nothing but 180s since then.... AAA for 50 minutes? is TV TV TV and kinect AAA now? they had one AAA title... thanks for trying kiddo

#166 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@B4X

Don't you catfish me!

/jk :P

#167 Posted by blackace (21410 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@B4X

Actually he's right..... Sales are the undisputable factor of determining a game's popularity.

Both the Gears or War and Halo franchises completely destroyed the Resistance & Killzone franchises in sales. That's a fact.

Of course KZ:SF has more sales then Forza 5. Forza is a niche market game like Souls and Persona. It'll usually sell 3-5 million. Let's wait until Halo 5 comes out and see how sales of that game compares to KZ:SF. Even Master Chief Collections will probably sell better then KZ:SF over time. Titanfall on XB1 will eventually catch and pass it during the course of the next year. There is still a lot more content coming out for TF as well. The only two exclusive franchises on PS that sells very well is GT and Uncharted. They usually always sell over 5 million.

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@blackace

Hardcore ? Really ?

Everyoner knows that the Souls games are aim at hardcore gamers. That's pretty obvious. Those games aren't for casual gamers who like RPG's. Games like Tales of Xillia & Ni No Kuni are aimed more for casual players.

#168 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

#

@xxgunslingerxx said:

@b4x said:

@xxgunslingerxx said:

@Maroxad said:

Even if Sony pulled out one big game that doesn't mean Microsoft couldn't do the same.

Microsoft won last E3 as far as I am concerned. Microsoft showcased MGSV and it looked awesome, whereas Sony announced that they will charge for online.

honestly you should just delete your account now

Come on Dude?

Sony showed AC Blackflag....It Locked up on stage.

3 exclusives we knew about. Then all multi-plats.

Indies for fucking 10-15 minutes of E3 .....Really? This is a AAA event. Show them on the show floor.

We can trade used games...We win.

399.00.. with no camera we win.

Microsoft showed AAA games for 50 minutes.

How about you delete.

stop kidding yourself please lembot

Microsoft suffered the worst backlash in the history of E3s last year

its been nothing but 180s since then.... AAA for 50 minutes? is TV TV TV and kinect AAA now? they had one AAA title... thanks for trying kiddo

We are talking about E3 2013 right? Would you like a link to the Microsoft E3 presser? To refresh your limited memory?

TV and Kinect.....Right? I missed that at E3? You know why. It wasn't shown at E3 kiddo.

A AAA developed game does not mean it's going to be AAA in score?

Paint chips? maybe?

Know what you're talking about before coming at me chump.

Do your homework like a good little boy.

Watch the E3 conferences again. Microsoft killed Sony in what counts. AAA developed Games shown.

Not fluff hype and jabs. Games son.

#169 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (18529 posts) -

@blackace

Theres a thin line between Hardcore and Masochist. Also Tales and Ni No Kuni are hardly casual games.... Infact that goes for all RPGs..... The gameplay just isn't fun enough for Casuals to get into. They're also heavily complex and stat focused and thats a major turn off to casual gamers.

#170 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@blackace: These people think we are the same person. I'm from St. Louis where are you from? Let us get a mod to prove we are not the same person.

Don't say St. Louis and charter.net internet provider for the love of god.

#171 Edited by blackace (21410 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@B4X

You mean "rotund" side. Women are curvy. Men are rotund or rounded.

This is Rotund

This is curvy. See the difference?

Vida Guerra

#172 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@B4X

You mean "rotund" side. Women are curvy. Men are rotund or rounded.

This is Rotund

This is curvy. See the difference?

WTF did you get the picture!! :p

#173 Edited by hello505 (225 posts) -

@GhoX:

"The first Gears might have been a system seller, but not the subsequent ones, since the players already have systems capable of playing them. How does Project Beast differ? First, it is indisputable that it has a hardcore fanbase."

Hardcore fanbase? As of right now Gears Of War 3 has around 3000+ players in Deathmatch alone and this is 3 years after its release. How big is this fanbase of DS2? The consistent players are the ones in the hardcore category as most are just trying the game out for the first time and won't pick it up afterwards.

"It's certainly not the biggest, but neither is it in-noticeably small. If DS2 already sold a mil, then what's to say that its followup will not attract at least half that number of people into buying a PS4? My premises are simple"

Are you saying all of the 1.2 million people who bought the game are fanatics of the series cause that's extremely farfetched, only 5% (at the most) are likely to be crazy about the game, hardcore fans and played the previous series frequently prior to the latest's one release. Dark Souls may be a niche game but that doesn't mean everyone they attract will become a dedicated fan in an instant.

"1. Currently PS4 has no game that attracts a Souls fan. Therefore, it's unlikely that the majority of Souls fans already own a PS4.

2. Project Beast attracts Souls fans. It's likely to release as an PS4 exclusive."

Like I said before how big is this hardcore fanbase of Dark Souls? Presuming its a few thousand, If so that's definitely not something to get excited about. In fact, I've been around gamers dedicated to one franchise and usually they'd be against change so much, they would stick with the previous game even though a newer one is out.

"Ergo, it's likely that a good portion of the Souls fanbase will buy a PS4 in order to play Project Beast. It's really that simple. That is what it means to attract additional fanbase to PS4. I never said anything about attracting non-gamers to gaming, since gaming spectrum =/= PS4, or any single platform for that matter."

It too depends on how soon PB is released as another groundbreaking game (If not already-Infamous, Watch Dogs etc.) may rather be the straw that makes the difference, I'm sure DS fans have other interests per games. So when you have a hardcore fanbase (assuming a few thousand) and most of them will most likely have other games they're interested in, that splits the player pool into a minority which will be in the couple hundred range and thus so, isn't impressive at all as a "system" seller. This is not counting in the reviews of the game and judgement/possible criticism upon release that will decrease enticement for gamers.

"Souls fans will buy PS4s for Project Beast. The other exclusives are already doing their jobs keeping the existing fanbase, so this will be the straw that makes the difference."

lol.

#174 Posted by GhoX (5292 posts) -

@hello505: You are clearly a Gears fanatic through and through, yet you don't seem to be very informed on the Souls front. This is getting nowhere.

"In fact, I've been around gamers dedicated to one franchise and usually they'd be against change so much, they would stick with the previous game even though a newer one is out." This sentence alone actually destroyed your whole point, but I suppose you simply aren't familiar with the Souls series enough to realise it.

I agree. Some Souls fans were very much against change so much, that they did stick with a previous game. That only adds to the reasons why Project Beast is going to be even more successful.

#175 Posted by blackace (21410 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@blackace

Theres a thin line between Hardcore and Masochist. Also Tales and Ni No Kuni are hardly casual games.... Infact that goes for all RPGs..... The gameplay just isn't fun enough for Casuals to get into. They're also heavily complex and stat focused and thats a major turn off to casual gamers.

Those games are more casual then the Soul games, that's for sure. They are a lot less hardcore. That's a fact.

#176 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (18529 posts) -

@blackace

No its not.

This whole Casual vs. Hardcore is no factual basis, "casual" is just a derogatory term gamers use to blame somthing that they don't like.....

#177 Edited by hello505 (225 posts) -

@GhoX: Project Beast is not going to be a game changer, individual sales will represent this. Sony will then casualize the game to appeal to a larger audience in hopes of increasing sales, good luck with that. Predicted to exact.

#178 Posted by GhoX (5292 posts) -

@hello505 said:

@GhoX: Project Beast is not going to be a game changer, individual sales will represent this. Sony will then casualize the game to appeal to a larger audience in hopes of increasing sales, good luck with that. Predicted to exact.

Fail. From Software is 3rd party. Sony doesn't own them.

#179 Edited by blamix99 (2575 posts) -

even without project beast, MS needs an Xbox Two and a lot of HOT exclusives to catch up with the PS4

#180 Posted by hello505 (225 posts) -

@GhoX: Point still stands, no-name/shitty developer will casualize the game. Happy?

#181 Posted by blackace (21410 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@blackace

No its not.

This whole Casual vs. Hardcore is no factual basis, "casual" is just a derogatory term gamers use to blame somthing that they don't like.....

You're clueless. You obviously don't know the difference between casual gamers and hardcore gamers. I own all the Soul games and am actually interested in Project Beast myself. There are a lot less hardcore gamers then casual gamers. That's a fact. Project Beast isn't going to make a huge difference for the PS4. The Last Guardian would and Uncharted 4 would move more PS4's the Project Beast ever would.

***********************************************************************************************

@hello505 said:

LOL!! Very true. Uncharted will have a bigger effect for the PS4 then Project Beast will.

@blamix99 said:

even without project beast, MS needs an Xbox Two and a lot of HOT exclusives to catch up with the PS4

They do need more exclusives and I think that's what they will be showing on Monday. Don't know if they will catch the PS4. I think they will try to do that in the U.S. and UK first. They should be able to turn things around in their strongest regions.

#182 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18529 posts) -

@blackace

I don't care how clueless you think I am.... Atleast I don't run around trying to attach labels on people just because they don't they don't like Trial and Error games......

#183 Edited by hello505 (225 posts) -

@blackace: I still can't believe DS2 has only 1.2 million sales over a 2 month course, pathetic. It may be niche game but it's phenomenon of being the world's hardest game is known round the world yet it can't amount to that in a sales sense.

#184 Posted by GhoX (5292 posts) -

@hello505 said:

@GhoX: Point still stands, no-name/shitty developer will casualize the game. Happy?

You call From Software "no-name/shitty developer"? Are you trying to win Ignorance Cup or something?

#185 Edited by blackace (21410 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@blackace

I don't care how clueless you think I am.... Atleast I don't run around trying to attach labels on people just because they don't they don't like Trial and Error games......

LMAO!!! There..there...

http://www.ensenandoacomeramihijo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/crying_cow-150x150.jpg

#186 Posted by hello505 (225 posts) -

@GhoX: From Software

#187 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

Microsoft cant win anyways, because sony has uncharted

Which is better than any IP microsoft could possibly offer

#188 Posted by sailor232 (5102 posts) -

It's a great game for Sony to have under its belt, but after Dark Souls, I'm burnt out on the series.

#189 Posted by Big_Pecks (5623 posts) -

Project Beast doesn't have to exist and MS will still lose E3 no matter what.

#190 Posted by silversix_ (16194 posts) -

Project Beast will beast da shit outta everything the Bone has to offer and even Phil knows it

#191 Posted by AzatiS (8152 posts) -

@b4x said:

@AzatiS said:

@b4x said:

@AzatiS said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Same thing happened with Deep Down. Then the downgrade occurred. Now cows dont even talk about it because it fell off the hype train.

Try me !

You're up.

OH... you could do better ... pff , lems!!

#192 Edited by Scipio8 (805 posts) -

It's a niche game so no it won't effect MS chances, besides we don't know if it will be a PS4 exclusive.

#193 Edited by AzatiS (8152 posts) -

@b4x said:

@AzatiS said:

@b4x said:

@AzatiS said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Try me !

You're up.

Even my avatar >> your Gif dont need to do anything else. But if you insist to see the bitter truth here it is !!

#195 Posted by super600 (31114 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Microsoft cant win anyways, because sony has uncharted

Which is better than any IP microsoft could possibly offer

Halo says hi even though Halo 4 was not as good as some of the previous halo games.

#196 Edited by Krelian-co (13098 posts) -

@Big_Pecks said:

Project Beast doesn't have to exist and MS will still lose E3 no matter what.

how can they lose when they have this in their presentations

#197 Posted by dommeus (9433 posts) -

@bublover1 said:

Yes.

You see, the gaming media is all against SONY and so their games are held to a much higher standard than Xbone exclusives.

I have no doubt in my mind that Beast Souls will be far better than any exclusive the Xbone has or will get in the future. Unfortunately, the game's sales will be hampered by Microsoft's media puppets like Polygon giving it a 7.5.

Xbone exclusives can have bad gameplay, childish storylines, bad presentation, and horrible everything else, but the media with their lips on Microsoft's dick will give it 9+.

Microsoft must leave the gaming industry for the benefit of all gamers.

lol

#198 Posted by super600 (31114 posts) -

One game won't destroy MS's conference especially if MS has a megaton of their own.

#199 Posted by iambatman7986 (825 posts) -

Sure they do. A few new exclusive ip's and a few new videos of already announced games and MS can win. Sony has been promising a lot, and not really delivering here lately. Where are all the new ip's I was promised?

#200 Posted by ChristianGmr14 (157 posts) -

I don't really know what "Project Beast" is, but I'm hoping for a good E3 all around and I think MS can pull off a great show. Maybe they have been working on some really great stuff and they're going to show it off this year?

I don't really care about who "wins" at E3, in fact I don't really care about who "wins" at all. I just love gaming and want to have fun, maybe I'm in the wrong forum lol.