if Project Beast is real, does MS stand a chance at E3?

Posted by PinkieWinkie (1362 posts) 6 months, 11 days ago

Poll: if Project Beast is real, does MS stand a chance at E3? (102 votes)

If Project Beast is real and revealed as a PS4 exclusive then there's no way MS can win E3 40%
Even with Project Beast, MS can still win E3 26%
I dont care about Project Beast 33%

Honestly IMO if all Sony shows is the Project Beast trailer and it is indeed real, IMO there is nothing MS can do to win E3.

#1 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

The fuck do you mean "if it's real"?

#2 Posted by clyde46 (46567 posts) -

I don't like the Souls games so its moot to me.

#3 Posted by lglz1337 (3853 posts) -

even without they have no chance

#4 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42966 posts) -

Holy hyperbole batman.

#5 Posted by Pray_to_me (2863 posts) -

Well they still have that shitty game from insomniac that nobody gives a fuck about.

#6 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1362 posts) -

@Master_ShakeXXX: has it been announced?

#7 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (7404 posts) -

A few shitty gifs and E3 is won? I love cow mentality.

Same thing happened with Deep Down. Then the downgrade occurred. Now cows dont even talk about it because it fell off the hype train.

LOL, this will be multiplat anyway.

#9 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1362 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer: holy mod QQ batman

#10 Posted by Jeager_Titan (947 posts) -

Actually the souls series is a niche game. So it doesn't matter.

#11 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1362 posts) -

@Foxbatalpha: @FastRobby: Do you tards know what the word "if" means

#12 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (7404 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

f

[if] Show IPA

conjunction
in case that; granting or supposing that; on condition that: Sing if you want to. Stay indoors if it rains. I'll go if you do.
even though: an enthusiastic if small audience.
whether: He asked if I knew Spanish.
(used to introduce an exclamatory phrase): If only Dad could see me now!
when or whenever: If it was raining, we had to play inside.
noun
a supposition; uncertain possibility: The future is full of ifs.
a condition, requirement, or stipulation: There are too many ifs in his agreement.
Idioms
ifs, ands, or buts, reservations, restrictions, or excuses: I want that job finished today, and no ifs, ands, or buts.
Origin:
before 900; Middle English, variant of yif, Old English gif, gef; akin to Old Norse ef if, Gothic ibai whether, Old High German iba condition, stipulation
YUP>
#13 Edited by StrongDeadlift (5176 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Holy hyperbole batman.

/thread.

Pretty sure TC did the same thing with The Order a few months ago. How did that work out, lmao. Why cows feel the need to hyperventilate over every game remotely associated with Sony will remain forever a mystery to me.

#14 Posted by Shewgenja (9602 posts) -

@jeager_titan said:

JRPGs were considered very niche when FF7 came out. It doesn't pay to stereotype, especially when Call of Duty is falling in popularity.

#15 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3600 posts) -

I don't know and I don't care who's gonna win . I don't care about Project Beast either .

I care about gameplays of Ethan Carter , Styx , Witcher 3 , Dragon Age Inquisition , Uncharted 4 and some good unannounced titles for all platforms (Fingers crossed for Dino Crisis and some Bathesda stuff) .

#16 Edited by ttboy (311 posts) -

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

The fuck do you mean "if it's real"?

lol

#17 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2811 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

No, they're saying you don't know what the hell PB is, like me. People keep saying it's th sucessor to Demon's Souls, but nobody actually knows what the game is about, how it plays, anything. You don't even know if it's a 1st party exclusive.

Project Beast is the most interesting "exclusive" i'm seeing right now in terms of potential, but how about you wait to even see if the game's good.

Man, playstation fans are getting desperate.

#18 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7404 posts) -

To be honest............Deep Down looks way better than this anyway. Just watched vids comparing the two. I guess i will have to see more than the gifs.

#19 Posted by Sword-Demon (6970 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

A new exclusive Souls game is a pretty big deal, and MS would need a lot to counter it.

Same thing happened with Deep Down. Then the downgrade occurred. Now cows dont even talk about it because it fell off the hype train.

The difference being that the devs have a proven track record of making amazing games and don't over-promise and under-deliver, while Deep Down is made by Capcom.

With (supposedly) Sony publishing it? Sure, keep telling yourself that.

#20 Posted by bobbetybob (19287 posts) -

Of course not, because even if it looked mediocre Sony fans will turn it into the biggest event to ever happen in gaming.

#22 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5094 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

Well they still have that shitty game from insomniac that nobody gives a fuck about.

Don't forget Forza Horizon 2, also available on Xbox One*

*And Xbox 360

I'm thinking we should start calling Xbox exclusives, asterisk exclusives instead.

#23 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7404 posts) -

@Sword-Demon said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

A new exclusive Souls game is a pretty big deal, and MS would need a lot to counter it.

The difference being that the devs have a proven track record of making amazing games and don't over-promise and under-deliver, while Deep Down is made by Capcom.

With (supposedly) Sony publishing it? Sure, keep telling yourself that.

While they are great games, they are not show stoppers. They are too niche and have a smaller audience than some of the rumored megatons my boys in green will be dropping. I dont see much happening for Sony for E3. Microsoft had to release news weeks before E3 to make room in the 90 minute show. Sony just leaked some gifs taking any thunder out of their show in a counter move of desperation.

#24 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7404 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Pray_to_me said:

*And Xbox 360

I'm thinking we should start calling Xbox exclusives, asterisk exclusives instead.

Well, well, look which limey bastard decided to join the conversation. My beloved NadFeeler. Hi bud.

#25 Edited by blackace (20865 posts) -

Supposedly M$ has something to show at the E3 that looks better then Project Beast, Quantum Break & infamous SS. So we'll see.

Project Beast looks incredible right now. That music was the bomb. My only cripe with PB was the enviroment didn't seem to have much animation. The leaves on the ground weren't moving. Not much tree movement. The characters were all animated perfectly however. The game is very early though, so lots of thing can change with this game.

#26 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (42966 posts) -

@StrongDeadlift said:

Why cows feel the need to hyperventilate over every game remotely associated with Sony will remain forever a mystery to me.

Could be the notion that they're still looking for a game that warrants the price of entry with the PS4.

#27 Posted by bublover1 (129 posts) -

Yes.

You see, the gaming media is all against SONY and so their games are held to a much higher standard than Xbone exclusives.

I have no doubt in my mind that Beast Souls will be far better than any exclusive the Xbone has or will get in the future. Unfortunately, the game's sales will be hampered by Microsoft's media puppets like Polygon giving it a 7.5.

Xbone exclusives can have bad gameplay, childish storylines, bad presentation, and horrible everything else, but the media with their lips on Microsoft's dick will give it 9+.

Microsoft must leave the gaming industry for the benefit of all gamers.

#28 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42966 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: holy mod QQ batman

?

#29 Posted by foxhound_fox (88663 posts) -

Not sure how people could be so hyped over a few screenshots and gifs and the prospect that it might be a sequel to a game we've already had two quite excellent successors to.

#31 Edited by lostrib (37553 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

I don't like the Souls games so its moot to me.

pretty much this

#32 Posted by drummerdave9099 (744 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@StrongDeadlift said:

Why cows feel the need to hyperventilate over every game remotely associated with Sony will remain forever a mystery to me.

Could be the notion that they're still looking for a game that warrants the price of entry with the PS4.

#33 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2811 posts) -

@drummerdave9099 said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@StrongDeadlift said:

#34 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5094 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Pray_to_me said:

*And Xbox 360

Well, well, look which limey bastard decided to join the conversation. My beloved NadFeeler. Hi bud.

Hi Justin. I hope the day finds you well. :)

#35 Edited by Maroxad (8324 posts) -

Even if Sony pulled out one big game that doesn't mean Microsoft couldn't do the same.

Microsoft won last E3 as far as I am concerned. Microsoft showcased MGSV and it looked awesome, whereas Sony announced that they will charge for online.

#36 Posted by ironcreed (14083 posts) -

I love the Souls series as much as anyone, but it is a niche series. It is not something that is going to make the masses go ape shit and run out to buy a PS4. But for fans of the series? Yes, it's a huge deal. It's the only thing that makes me want a PS4, but I still don't plan to buy one anytime soon.

#37 Posted by Idontremember (927 posts) -

Project Beast????
Wut iz dhat????

#38 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Yes?

#39 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14406 posts) -

Of course, that doesn't mean they won't die several times however.

#40 Posted by Gue1 (10187 posts) -

@jeager_titan said:

niche games don't sell 4+ millions brah.

#41 Posted by lostrib (37553 posts) -

@Gue1: which souls game sold 4 million plus?

#42 Posted by Bruin1986 (1300 posts) -

Maybe I missed the show, but has there been something shown regarding Project Beast other than that insanely low quality (240p or something) GIF that was like 20 seconds long?

If so, I'd like to see it because I don't know where people are getting this "it will be the undisputed Game of the Show" hubris from otherwise...

#43 Edited by ironcreed (14083 posts) -

@Bruin1986 said:

Maybe I missed the show, but has there been something shown regarding Project Beast other than that insanely low quality (240p or something) GIF that was like 20 seconds long?

If so, I'd like to see it because I don't know where people are getting this "it will be the undisputed Game of the Show" hubris from otherwise...

#44 Posted by clone01 (24829 posts) -

I'm stoked for Project Beast, if its what I expect it is. That being said, I don't care who "wins" E3. I want all the console manufacturers to have a strong showing. I think as a gamer, if you actually want failure from any of them, shame on you. That's just being a fanboy twit.

#45 Edited by B4X (5095 posts) -

Is this a Stupid bait question?

Microsoft has billions of dollars, Sony is counting food stamps.

You know what Ballmer / Gates says to the entirety of Sony at a social event when they meet. Hi Mr.Broke. Here's 100 bucks grab ya something to eat.

#46 Edited by lostrib (37553 posts) -

@b4x: I doubt Bill Gates would misspell "Here's"

#47 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13612 posts) -

And Project Beast is going to do what exactly ?

If it is what I think it is then its going to do what the ones before it have done....

#48 Posted by Aljosa23 (25111 posts) -

This question is dumb, ask again Monday night.

#49 Edited by B4X (5095 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@b4x: I doubt Bill Gates would misspell "Here's"

Spoiler tag blocked my view. Didn't see it. Thanks for the heads up though.

#50 Edited by edwardecl (2239 posts) -
@Lulu_Lulu said:

And Project Beast is going to do what exactly ?

If it is what I think it is then its going to do what the ones before it have done....

Which is exactly what 'Souls fans want. They don't want different, they want more. Some differences would be nice though, that's where the guns come in I suppose.

I don't think anyone is seriously expecting this game to kill the Xbox One any more than Titanfall was going to kill the PS4... people should stop it with the ridiculous hype on every game that is announced, or in the case of this game, not even announced yet.