If Madden 2008...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts
scores no higher than NCAA 2008 or APF 2K8, which football game will you all be choosing to go with? Imo after watching gameplay of Madden 2008 I think we all better be prepared for another mediocre year of Madden football. I see very little in the way of massive improvements. Imo if APF 2K8 had amped up the graphics and had a franchise mode, Madden would be in BIIIIG trouble!!! I can honestly say that I love where APF 2K8 is and I cant wait for APF 2K9!!!
goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 goodlay
Member since 2005 • 5773 Posts

APF 2K8 is just 2K5 with legends and no depth, sadly. I would get Madden just because I prefer the NFL over College Football.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

APF 2K8 is just 2K5 with legends and no depth, sadly. I would get Madden just because I prefer the NFL over College Football.

goodlay

Same here... Besides I've yet to buy a "next gen" Madden so if this one fixes the problems of 06 and 07 I'm good.

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
I fogot who said this but on Madden 08' some guy here said "Why don't we just call it Roster Update 08'?" I laughed because it was too true. I don't buy football games anymore.
GKinnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GKinnel
Member since 2004 • 667 Posts

Madden is usually better than NCAA.

As far as NCAA VS APF, GS is impressed more with the extra features than the actual gameplay. Me personally I think Madden 06 for the PS2 is the best football game I've played. But the EA games released on the next-gens' gameplay sucks. It got abit better this year, but it still sucks.

So I don't plan on buying the Madden 08 for the PS3. Ill but the PS2 version. Thank God for the fall-back playability.

EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts
Based on what alot of gaming site said about madden 08 it will be the best football game.
IbukiNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 IbukiNinja
Member since 2007 • 878 Posts

I'll never buy another Madden football again.When I saw 2k selling a better football game for 20 bucks, that let me know EA was only in it for the money.

GKinnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GKinnel

Based on what alot of gaming site said about madden 08 it will be the best football game.EPaul

Yea, but they also hyped hell out of NCAA08, n it didn't turn out that much better.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
I never liked football games because I don't like Football. So because I don't understand the plays I never wanted to play any. But there is part of thenew WiiMadden that makes it where you do not need to know the plays, I may end getting it because of that.
IbukiNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 IbukiNinja

I never liked football games because I don't like Football. So because I don't understand the plays I never wanted to play any. But there is part of thenew WiiMadden that makes it where you do not need to know the plays, I may end getting it because of that.HarlockJC

You know, you just sounded like a true casual gamer?

GKinnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GKinnel

I never liked football games because I don't like Football. So because I don't understand the plays I never wanted to play any. But there is part of thenew WiiMadden that makes it where you do not need to know the plays, I may end getting it because of that.HarlockJC

How is that even possible? You HAVE to know the plays in order to play football.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]I never liked football games because I don't like Football. So because I don't understand the plays I never wanted to play any. But there is part of thenew WiiMadden that makes it where you do not need to know the plays, I may end getting it because of that.GKinnel

How is that even possible? You HAVE to know the plays in order to play football.

It's because it's on the wii... next question.

ginglejangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 ginglejangle
Member since 2007 • 3171 Posts

I already got ncaa and all pro.

and will be getting madden thanks to a revamped superstar mode and franchise mode.

and owner mode.....

and the weapons thing.

Afrikanxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Afrikanxl
Member since 2006 • 1112 Posts

Madden is usually better than NCAA.

As far as NCAA VS APF, GS is impressed more with the extra features than the actual gameplay. Me personally I think Madden 06 for the PS2 is the best football game I've played. But the EA games released on the next-gens' gameplay sucks. It got abit better this year, but it still sucks.

So I don't plan on buying the Madden 08 for the PS3. Ill but the PS2 version. Thank God for the fall-back playability.

GKinnel

I think Madden 2004 was the best of the madden bunch...... or at least madden 2002-2004....

as far as best football game ever.....one of the best if not the best was Gameday 98(psone).......for me at least

gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gromit007
Member since 2006 • 3024 Posts

But what if Madden for the Wii scores highest....again?

I would be thrilled.

ginglejangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ginglejangle

I would be thrilled.

gromit007

it wont

the graphics look horrible and family mode is a gimick.

rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts
I fogot who said this but on Madden 08' some guy here said "Why don't we just call it Roster Update 08'?" I laughed because it was too true. I don't buy football games anymore. DA_B0MB

im with him, madden fell off 10 years ago. 2k football was sooo much better and cheaper. Madden should just do $10 roster upgrades now over the net. But peple keep buying it so, it wont happen
Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
Im going with Madden 08. This will be the first and last football game i ever buy.
gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gromit007
[QUOTE="gromit007"]

I would be thrilled.

ginglejangle

it wont

Gameplay>>>>>>>>>>graphics in sports games.

Family mode is quite innovative. Maybe you should read on it before bashing it.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HarlockJC

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]I never liked football games because I don't like Football. So because I don't understand the plays I never wanted to play any. But there is part of thenew WiiMadden that makes it where you do not need to know the plays, I may end getting it because of that.IbukiNinja

Maybe I own all 4 last gen systems. But have never bought a madden game.

ginglejangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ginglejangle
[QUOTE="ginglejangle"][QUOTE="gromit007"]

I would be thrilled.

gromit007

it wont

yea ive read evry info of evry madden version and will be getting it on my ps3.

the wii will have the worst madden.

mani111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mani111
Member since 2007 • 140 Posts
Madden needs to step it up and improve movement and the defensive ai. Also when you reach the playoffs and especially the super bowl it should not be the same as every regular season game you play. When you win the superbowl there should be a celebration or something and it should feel like you accomplished a big goal.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HarlockJC

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]I never liked football games because I don't like Football. So because I don't understand the plays I never wanted to play any. But there is part of thenew WiiMadden that makes it where you do not need to know the plays, I may end getting it because of that.GKinnel

They are making a family verison that makes it a lot easier to understand what going on. I use to enjoy football games on the NES where is was throw the ball and avoid the guy comming towards you. But now when I play a football game, I keep hitting the button that gets me to playing guickly rather than pick from the plays.

gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gromit007
[QUOTE="gromit007"][QUOTE="ginglejangle"][QUOTE="gromit007"]

I would be thrilled.

ginglejangle

it wont

yea ive read evry info of evry madden version and will be getting it on my ps3.

the wii will have the worst madden.

What makes the '08 Maddens different from the '07s when the Wii version was best? If you say graphics, you lose all credibility.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HarlockJC
[QUOTE="gromit007"]

I would be thrilled.

ginglejangle

it wont

The family mode is why I may buy the Wii verison. So even if it is a gimmick there is nothing wrong with that. Most gimmicks are great.

hellfire9988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 hellfire9988
Member since 2006 • 1136 Posts

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]I never liked football games because I don't like Football. So because I don't understand the plays I never wanted to play any. But there is part of thenew WiiMadden that makes it where you do not need to know the plays, I may end getting it because of that.IbukiNinja

There's nothing wrong with that, and maybe he doesn't really like football.

Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
[QUOTE="ginglejangle"][QUOTE="gromit007"]

I would be thrilled.

gromit007

it wont

Just because the wii version has crappy graphics doesnt mean that its going to have good gameplay. Wii will have the worst version of madden.
GKinnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GKinnel
[QUOTE="GKinnel"]

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]I never liked football games because I don't like Football. So because I don't understand the plays I never wanted to play any. But there is part of thenew WiiMadden that makes it where you do not need to know the plays, I may end getting it because of that.HarlockJC

They are making a family verison that makes it a lot easier to understand what going on. I use to enjoy football games on the NES where is was throw the ball and avoid the guy comming towards you. But now when I play a football game, I keep hitting the button that gets me to playing guickly rather than pick from the plays.

You still hafta know the plays. And back in the day, you had to know the plays.

And since the Wii's doin' that, they're definately tryin 'to get this casual thing down pact. Madden has always had a Football 101 thing on the current-gens. It shows you the plays, breaks down whats going on, ect. Then lets you try it out.

rocket9434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rocket9434
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts
I'm playing my Madden 07 this year for the PS3 since, mostly likely Madden 08 will not be changed much. I'll wait for Madden 09 when the PS3 becomes the base console for Madden.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HarlockJC
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="GKinnel"]

You still hafta know the plays. And back in the day, you had to know the plays.

And since the Wii's doin' that, they're definately tryin 'to get this casual thing down pact. Madden has always had a Football 101 thing on the current-gens. It shows you the plays, breaks down whats going on, ect. Then lets you try it out.

I know they had some kind of training mode but because I never cared about football I never wanted to learn. But I have been enjoying the number of minigames on the Wii with my family. I still may not even pick up Madden for the Wii. But I have to say the fact that there is going to be a faimly mode sounds like I may have fun playing Madden with my family. I am going to wait untill I hear more about the family mode before I pick it up if I do.

I just really like the idea that EA is opening up more to other gamers.

IbukiNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 IbukiNinja
[QUOTE="IbukiNinja"]

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]I never liked football games because I don't like Football. So because I don't understand the plays I never wanted to play any. But there is part of thenew WiiMadden that makes it where you do not need to know the plays, I may end getting it because of that.HarlockJC

What does you owning all systems has to do with it? When it comes to football games, you are a casual.

IbukiNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 IbukiNinja
[QUOTE="GKinnel"]

Ah yes, family mode. In otherwords, it's dumbing downthe gamefor people who are unwilling to learn the game.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HarlockJC

Ah yes, family mode. In otherwords, it's dumbing downthe gamefor people who are unwilling to learn the game.

If that what you want to call it does not bother me any. Yes I am unwilling to spend the time to learn the game, I just want to play a simple football game with my family. Am I asking to much?

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 HarlockJC
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="IbukiNinja"]

What does you owning all systems has to do with it? When it comes to football games, you are a casual.

You did not say casual football player..Then I would disagree with you has it stands I am not a football game player at all. Madden for the Wii "may" turn me into a casual football player.

gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gromit007

In other words, you are narrow-minded.

It makes it easier to play the game with your kids. Got any younger cousin, nieces, or nephews you would like to sit down and play with? I'm in my 30's and know my dad would love to sit down and play some Madden when he comes by if he doesnt have to learncomplex controls.

And besides, its all optional anyway. So many people seem to have forgotten that Wii Madden was the best last year.

redneckdouglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 redneckdouglas
Member since 2005 • 2977 Posts
Basketball game is the way to go!
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HarlockJC

In other words, you are narrow-minded.

It makes it easier to play the game with your kids. Got any younger cousin, nieces, or nephews you would like to sit down and play with? I'm in my 30's and know my dad would love to sit down and play some Madden when he comes by if he doesnt have to learncomplex controls.

And besides, its all optional anyway. So many people seem to have forgotten that Wii Madden was the best last year.

gromit007

It ok I understand a number of people are afraid by the change that the Wii may bring. Well others embrace it.

xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
i have played apf 2k8 and ncaa 08. and i like ncaa more. the legends and stuff are cool. but i dont think u can even play a quick game without having to use your custom team which sucks. apf 2k8 is basically madden 06 but the 2k engine. 2k8 is definatly more difficult than ea sports games but i still prefer ea right now.
Nitro720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Nitro720
Member since 2006 • 662 Posts
I don't really care much for football games (there alright)  I'm more of an NBA Live kind of guy.
Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts

Either Madden or NCAA.

elmetfano

Forum Posts