I WANT an XB1, but I think I NEED a PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by PumkinChristmas (9 posts) -

Ok, i havent been keeping up on the system war, but i really want one of these new consoles.
Last generation i only had a 360 and I was very happy, and I suppose I still am. I still play Halo 4 regularly, but mostly 3rd party games (skyrim, farcry, etc)

I have checked out both of the new consoles. I love the interface of the XB1 over the PS4 and I tend to like the first party microsoft stuff more than the first party sony stuff.

Here's the problem: I've looked at the hardware specs and whatnot, and I cant help but think that I should get the PS4. Like i will be getting the inferior version of every 3rd party game. I even realize that if they arent next to eachother I wont tell the difference, and I'm even playing on a small-ish tv (32")

So what should I do? Get a Xbox One and be done with it? Get a PS4 and feel a bit superior in the hardware, and trust that I'm having a better time? I dont know.

#2 Edited by BldgIrsh (792 posts) -

I WANT to make a thread, but I NEED 500 posts.

FTFY

Anyways, go with the console that you have your friends on and such. Forget the hardware... console parity is a thing that is quite common for multiplatforms.

#3 Edited by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

if you care about hardware sounds like you need pc

BUT Since you said you like what the xbox looks like and tend to like their first party games, then clearly you need a xbox

couple extra FPS and higher res in some games isn't going to mean shit at the end of a gaming session. It only matters on these forums

#5 Posted by PumkinChristmas (9 posts) -

I really do not know what BidgIrsh means by that.

#6 Posted by MonsieurX (28741 posts) -

You need 500 posts to create threads in System Wars.

#7 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

you need 500 post to post in system wars. ~ way to prevent trolls creating new accounts bla bla

#8 Posted by PumkinChristmas (9 posts) -

you need 500 post to post in system wars. ~ way to prevent trolls creating new accounts bla bla

and that guy has 550? i'm shaking

#9 Posted by BldgIrsh (792 posts) -

Quick Rules in SW To Always Follow:

• Must have at least 500 posts to create topics.
  • Keep your discussions around what belongs here: platforms, games, developers, publishers, and stats.
  • Do NOT quote more than two images in your post.
  • Do NOT have more than four quotes in your post (quote pyramids).
  • Do NOT post or bump extremely abusive discussions (account suicide threads/adult material/illegal activities/illegal advertising/etc).

To prevent trolls, and it just causes a huge flame bait. System Wars is not the place to ask for opinion. Game Discussion has more than likely done this topic to the death and the answer would always be a) Cuz PS4 iz supreior or b) Whichever suits you best. (Games,friends,cost.) yadda yadda.

#10 Posted by gago-gago (9117 posts) -

If you need streaming, virtual reality and wearable tech get a PS4. If you want unique games, best online and best media get Xbox One. If you want Nintendo games get Wii U.

#11 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

and that guy has 550? i'm shaking

then get the fuck out then since you want to be stupid

#12 Posted by lostrib (31771 posts) -

Neither a PS4 nor a X1 are a need

#13 Posted by CountBleck12 (22494 posts) -

Don't bother with either, and also you don't "need" consoles, you "want" them.

#14 Posted by Awinagainov (2218 posts) -

@k2theswiss: don't be mean to the lad

Get whichever system has the games you want. Who cares about tech

#15 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10050 posts) -

@pumkinchristmas: If you want a Xbox One - get a Xbox One.

You don't need either console. Do your own research, look up what each console can and does offer you, and make a decision then.

#16 Posted by SuddenlyTragic (720 posts) -

If you want to play Gears and Halo, get an Xbox Onw. If you want to play more exclusives and better quality ones at that, then get a PS4. If you want the best experience possible, get a gaming PC (if you're okay with missing out on the PS4 and XB1 first party games).

#17 Posted by PapaTrop (187 posts) -

Xbox looks to have the better library of games coming out for it that you can't find elsewhere. Like you said, the multiplat differences aren't really anything to note unless you have a PS4 and Xbox One sitting side-by-side, or treat digital foundry as a religion, but even then I'd make the choice based on what one system has that the other does not.

#18 Posted by silversix_ (13648 posts) -

Grab an Xbox. You will not be able to see the difference in resolution and fps unless you're playing on a 60" HDTV.

#19 Posted by Jeager_Titan (945 posts) -

Troll thread and locked.

#20 Posted by CrownKingArthur (3795 posts) -

get a 4k monitor and intel pentium with an integrated gpu.

#21 Posted by blamix99 (1543 posts) -

PS4 is the real deal

#22 Posted by getyeryayasout (6909 posts) -

Get the one you want.

#23 Posted by 35cent (876 posts) -

It sounds like you prefer what MS has to offer in terms of games. So I would get an Xbox One if I were you.

#24 Edited by lglz1337 (3023 posts) -

get a wii-u

look at all those lemmings trying to sell lol

#25 Posted by bezza2011 (2218 posts) -

Is it me or since the forum's changed along with the website, the forums have become alot more slack, I remember it being alot more strict with people posting topics, there are alot of spam hitting these forums since the new website went live compared to before.

#26 Posted by Alcapello (524 posts) -

If you looking for a more relax lifestyle, stick to the Playstation Lifestyle.

#27 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (689 posts) -

You prefer the XB1 and MS games, and admit you probably won't notice teh difference (tell me about it), but don't want to get the inferior version (true)?

Get a PC if you want teh definitive version of games. Otherwise, get the console you're drawn to and has the games you want. Believe, teh fanboy wanking over the micro differences on the internet isn't enough to warrant not buying a console you don't want.

#28 Posted by Gue1 (9165 posts) -

so tc never played The Last of Us? Wow I feel bad for you....

#29 Posted by coasterguy65 (5741 posts) -

No console is a need. Just get the one that has the most games that interest you. Most multi-platform games will look the same on both consoles...just like last gen. Only the fanboys will nit pick.

#30 Edited by blackace (19745 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

I WANT to make a thread, but I NEED 500 posts.

FTFY

Anyways, go with the console that you have your friends on and such. Forget the hardware... console parity is a thing that is quite common for multiplatforms.

This. ^ ^ ^ ^ Also go with the console that you like the exclusives on. I don't buy a game console because of specs. I buy them because of the games that are being played on them. The performance gap is closing every month between the PS4 and XB1 anyways, so you won't notice much of a different for newly released 3rd party titles. When the system first launched there were some large descrepencies, but M$ is continuously updating their system and improving the performance. Almost all the games being announced now are 1080P

If you looking for a more relax lifestyle, stick to the Playstation Lifestyle.

Go to Hawaii. Gaming is not a relaxing lifestyle. This forum alone is proof of that.

#31 Posted by wolverine4262 (18807 posts) -

4k Pong?

#32 Posted by cainetao11 (15917 posts) -

@pumkinchristmas:

I think you have your answer already. But ask yourself some questions. Will the knowledge of a slight advantage in 3rd party games make you enjoy a game more even though you are not sure you would notice a difference? If this is important to you by all means get a PS4. You said you generally prefer MS games. I also have my favorite game in the MS side, so I bought an X1. Although I will get a PS4 also because I love games.

#33 Edited by clr84651 (5285 posts) -

Lame topic! Anyone can decide what to game on for themselves.

#34 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (6215 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Grab an Xbox. You will not be able to see the difference in resolution and fps unless you're playing on a 60" HDTV.

LOL Nice.

*high five*

#35 Posted by SolidTy (41567 posts) -

Get a PC if you want teh definitive version of games. Otherwise, get the console you're drawn to and has the games you want.

I have four gaming PCs in my home. I love to LAN, but I hate DRM.

I do not recommend buying PC games as you get forced DRM and can't sell/trade/lend/collect PC games. My PCs are for exclusives. I enjoy PC gaming, but I refuse to buy a multiplatform game on PC when I can buy the game on consoles and have the luxury of a collection, lending it to family members, and trading/gifting the game if I don't like it after some time.

I also happen to buy all the consoles at launch, so performance is an issue with me and has been since SNES/Genesis.

#36 Posted by MonsieurX (28741 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

Get a PC if you want teh definitive version of games. Otherwise, get the console you're drawn to and has the games you want.

I do not recommend buying PC games as you get forced DRM and can't sell/trade/lend/collect PC games. My PCs are for exclusives. I enjoy PC gaming, but I refuse to buy a multiplatform game on PC when I can buy the game on consoles and have the luxury of a collection, lending it to family members, and trading/gifting the game if I don't like it after some time.

I also happen to buy all the consoles at launch, so performance is an issue with me and has been since SNES/Genesis.

You can lend your steam account.

#37 Edited by SolidTy (41567 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@SolidTy said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

You can lend your steam account.

I didn't just say "lend" though, I said, "sell/trade/lend/collect" PC games. What you said doesn't begin to fix my problem. Lending is only one part of the pie and not even the most vital to me, as "sell" was the first thing I posted. Yep, I do agree they are trying to make strides, but certainly not enough for me and my situation (and the millions of others that remain silent). I have this conversation every-time I explain this stance. I still can't sell those Steam games I hate, or just don't like anymore and bought on a whim. These games don't have a collector's value either. I am not interested in just lending. It's all or nothing. Sell/trade/lend/collect as I can freely do with my physical console multiplatform games. I love PC gaming (especially for exclusives like Starcraft II) but it comes at a heavy price for collectors and consumers who enjoy doing all those things (sell/lend/collect/trade). Besides, like most real PC gamers, Steam is only a fraction of my PC library (GOG, Origin, Blizzard, Greenman, Ubi, Win, Gamersgate, etc).

Nope, I'm sticking to physical console multiplatform games as I've done since Atari 2600 and Intellivision. I know one day I may not have a choice, but while I do have a choice to support physical non DRM games, I'm going to continue to enjoy it and take advantage of it as a long time gaming historian and collector. I like being able to gift a physical console game to my friend if I am done with the game without risking or dealing with DRM or trusting someone with my account.

#38 Edited by aroxx_ab (9144 posts) -

@pumkinchristmas said:

Kinda lame rule, if it is so important to GS why dont they block accounts with less than 500posts to create threads...problem fixed.

#39 Edited by MonsieurX (28741 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

@MonsieurX said:

@pumkinchristmas said:

Kinda lame rule, if it is so important to GS why dont they block accounts with less than 500posts to create threads...problem fixed.

To avoid new troll accounts to spam threads here.

And GS already have a hard time with spammers, you think they would do such a thing?

Maybe in 5 years or so

#40 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (540 posts) -

Neither of system has any worthy title that warrant a purchase unless you want to buy a remaster versions of last gen games.

#41 Edited by remiks00 (1535 posts) -

:P

#42 Posted by scottpsfan14 (2550 posts) -

Why is it all these types of threads are always people with less than 10 posts?

In Before Lockage!!

#43 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (689 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

First, you pirate the games you bought to keep forever, like me. So DRM isn't an issue, unless you really want it to be. You can even burn it into a CD, and use an the "official" one with teh box and everything.

Second, that's your personall preference on the matter. That is important to you, but teh reality is that, the defintive version is always one. Even shitty ports like DS1, when a controller was plugged in, was just as good as the console version.

So, if, you want the best experience, neither console will do 90-95% of times. BTW, i'm not saying consoles are usually. Just pointing this part out.

#44 Posted by YD_11 (1574 posts) -

If you want to play Gears and Halo, get an Xbox Onw. If you want to play more exclusives and better quality ones at that, then get a PS4. If you want the best experience possible, get a gaming PC (if you're okay with missing out on the PS4 and XB1 first party games).

Interesting point considering we will be going on a year without a ps4 AAA exclusive. Do you think Drive Club will make it? If not, you're talking waiting until 2015 at least for a console that launched in 2013..

At any rate, i've only heard people say they are bored with their ps4's and have had more enjoyment out of their X1's.. not the other way around. I know I use and enjoy my X1 virtually every day since i got it. Can many say that about their ps4?

#45 Posted by AdobeArtist (22747 posts) -

Hello and welcome to Gamespot. However I need to address the house rules of System Wars, namely that users must have 500 posts min. before they can create threads here. See the Survival Guide sticky for reference.

Besides that, you're not likely to get reasonable and balanced advice/opinions in System Wars ;)