I've become the very thing I swore I never would

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@thageneral2 said:

@xboxdone74 said:

I do feel you should have invested in a ps3 first.

This. You should have bought a PS3 first. There are so many great games you can find for super cheap now, especially if you have PS+.

It's very possible that all the great PS 3 exclusives will become available for digital download on PS 4.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@walloftruth said:

@xboxdone74 said:

@MonsieurX: 0 goty pc exclusives. Heh...standards. B-)

3 times less AAA exclusives than PC, heh...standards. B-)

He likes to play the 2 GOTY they have over and over again B-)

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

Sony loses money on every unit to give us more.

MS is making $200 for every Xbox One sold so you can have less.

About time you made the right move.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

@lostrib said:

@XboxStache said:

@lostrib said:

@XboxStache said:

@CwlHeddwyn said:

Ok so I'm an old fashioned Lemming, bought my original Xbox in 2003 and swore against the PS2 even though most of my friends had one. I loved Xbox, halo, DOA PGR and the rest. I believed Sony was arrogant and the PS2 underpowered and I preferred the Xbox line up of games. In January 2006 I bought the Xbox 360 and loved the machine I've lost count how many games I've bought for it in the last 8 years heck I've bought 3 x360 consoles! I avoided the PS3, I didn't think it was worth the price and most of the games could be had on x360 plus xbox live has always had an edge. But now I've gone over to the dark side. I've become the very thing I thought I never would... A playstation owner. I just bought a PS4 and a copy of BF4. Technologically it is more powerful than Xbox One, it is cheaper and apparently Sony have improved the online.

Have I made the right decision? I do not know yet, only time will tell.

But what I will say is this, if Sony have managed to persuade a lemming like me to switch sides then it's going to be a very one sided console war.

I'm sorry Microsoft, but you forgot what made the Xbox and; Xbox 360 such great machines - powerful hardware at affordable prices. The Xbox one is less powerful and less affordable than it should be.

Or...you...could...stop...creating...douche threads...it...must...suck...to....be....poor...

Well duh! Does anyone really think it must be awesome to be poor?

...One day, I'll have a rebuttal for you and serve it on a golden plate.

Can i keep the plate?

By all means.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I thought you were gonna say you turned into a hermit. In that case I was gonna say "you poor bastiid".

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

@walloftruth: constantly petitioning for console games. Must not be too satisfied with those AAA calculator games.

Keep on beggin'. :)

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 XboxDone74

@MonsieurX: answer the question.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 MonsieurX

@xboxdone74 said:

Avoiding the ownage,as usual,good job!

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

@lostrib said:

@xboxdone74 said:

@Bishop1310: why would u get destiny on xbone when u, supposodly have a ps4, and it will be getting exclusive content for it, as bungie has stated?

Maybe all his friends are on the X1? Also, he seems to be saying that the PSN connection for online multiplayer was laggy compared to X1

indeed thank you for getting my back on that one @lostrib. Now I'm not saying PSN is trash, it could be how my router is set up I dunno.. But I often have connection or lag problems on my ps4 and everything works fine on my X1.. Not to mention yes all my friends I played the 360 with have all gotten X1's except one who's gone ps4 for now.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#62  Edited By coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

If you finally decide to not be close minded TC, why not just buy a PS3? It's way cheaper than a PS4, and it actually has lots of games to play.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@CwlHeddwyn said:

Ok so I'm an old fashioned Lemming, bought my original Xbox in 2003 and swore against the PS2 even though most of my friends had one. I loved Xbox, halo, DOA PGR and the rest. I believed Sony was arrogant and the PS2 underpowered and I preferred the Xbox line up of games. In January 2006 I bought the Xbox 360 and loved the machine I've lost count how many games I've bought for it in the last 8 years heck I've bought 3 x360 consoles! I avoided the PS3, I didn't think it was worth the price and most of the games could be had on x360 plus xbox live has always had an edge. But now I've gone over to the dark side. I've become the very thing I thought I never would... A playstation owner. I just bought a PS4 and a copy of BF4. Technologically it is more powerful than Xbox One, it is cheaper and apparently Sony have improved the online.

But what I will say is this, if Sony have managed to persuade a lemming like me to switch sides then it's going to be a very one sided console war.

I'm sorry Microsoft, but you forgot what made the Xbox and; Xbox 360 such great machines - powerful hardware at affordable prices. The Xbox one is less powerful and less affordable than it should be.

I remember you from way, way back. You were a very proud lemming back in the day. Well, enjoy your new toy and happy gaming.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

I am no fanboy but in gen seven I was xbox 360 and wii only. Then the support for both systems died out of no where and Sony became more inciting. I always liked Nintendo consoles better than Sony's (n64>ps1 and Gc>ps2) but I took a shot with the psp and it was ass, so I thought Sony wasn't a good option.

But then the vita came around and I bought into it and I just love it. From the big titles to the indie games and the media features like YouTube (a real legit YouTube app), I was wowed, especially by how fast the operating system is. Then I got a ps3 late in gen 7 and now I have a ps4 and I play all three consoles when I'm not playing 3ds or my bro's Wii U.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

I would invest in a PS3, they are dirt cheap now, and with PS+ you would have a big library in no time. Plus all its good games should be cheap by now, if you look at amazon. PS4 is a good buy, but the PS3 is a good console that any gamer should have in its collection.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 XboxDone74

@MonsieurX said:

@xboxdone74 said:

Sorry, son. Looks like no diploma for you this gen. But study hard, and bring that grade up.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 MonsieurX

@xboxdone74 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@xboxdone74 said:

Sorry, son. Looks like no diploma for you this gen. But study hard, and bring that grade up.

Bringing unrelated stuff to defend yourself as usual because you can't,how pathetic.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 XboxDone74

@MonsieurX: ? how is it unrelated when it was talked about a few posts ago lol!

oh dem pc beggar tears. truth stings.

keep studying, my child.

thageneral2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 thageneral2
Member since 2007 • 595 Posts

@Cranler said:

@thageneral2 said:

@xboxdone74 said:

This. You should have bought a PS3 first. There are so many great games you can find for super cheap now, especially if you have PS+.

It's very possible that all the great PS 3 exclusives will become available for digital download on PS 4.

Not for download. It would be possible if Sony gave the developed PS3 emulation software for the PS4, but considering they will want to push PlayStation Now they probably won't. With that said they will probably have many of the games available to stream

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By CloudStrife213
Member since 2006 • 430 Posts

I'm buying a PS4 over the Xbox One. Does that make me a cow? Nope. Only extremely immature and biased assholes are cows. Cows are extremely insecure, hence the need for them to defend and fight people over their console of choice. Google "Choice-Supportive Bias" and you will see what I mean.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#71 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Good for you I suppose. It's a good thing to show an open mind.

I'm actually a bit of a flip-flopper when it comes to Sony and Microsoft. I went from PS2 to 360 and am considering the PS4 over the Xbone right now.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@thageneral2 said:

@Cranler said:

@thageneral2 said:

@xboxdone74 said:

Not for download. It would be possible if Sony gave the developed PS3 emulation software for the PS4, but considering they will want to push PlayStation Now they probably won't. With that said they will probably have many of the games available to stream

Uncharted 1-3 for PS 4 wouldn't be very expensive. Easier than doing a pc port since they only have one config to test and don't have to implement mouse/kb controls. God of War hd on ps3 surely took more work since PS 3 was so much more complicated.

I doubt streaming will every catch on with the masses.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@CwlHeddwyn said:

lol, Sony hasnt persuaded you...cows and Sony fanboys have. despite everything you've said nothing about the ps4 shows that its the best system to have, right now. you just fed into the rhetoric and fanboy bullshit a little too much and went with to the ps4. the ps4 has few full retail games with big gaps to wait between them. even with those the graphics take hits because greatly exaggerated the power of the system. every exclusive game shown and discussed is taking hits graphically or in the gameplay department, none are flatout 1080p/60fps...indies and a few multiplats that are 1080p/60 fps that take a hit graphically elsewhere lol. you didnt fall into some sort of revelation with this...you fell for fanboy nonsense, lies, and bullshit. Sony/ps4 didnt change your mind by having something better.

you'll see this after playing Killzone, Knack, and eventually Infamous having a dust collector later...then you'll realize it again after you start seeing how much more the XB1 can actually do, and what the ps4 can't even do...and then again after E3 when you realize MS is pumping out the games at an alarming rate even though it has the best retail games already, as well as arcade, XB/PC games, right now, already. Xbox/MS hasnt pushed you away. they have been doing great with the games and features lately...all Sony has been doing is releasing news about laying its devs off, selling buildings, being very vague about games. you just got mentally programmed by some nitwits who have been on DC for the passed 9 years.

i mean, you listed XB1 not being as powerful as the ps4 but the XB360 was weaker than the ps3, cmon lol smh. hope you enjoy that 100 dollars you saved...now pay for PSN+ and the zero exclusives that make the new fee worth it. smh lol

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

@lostrib: and I disproved that. In addition, no proof was offered. I shouldn't have to explain to you, of all people, how networks operate.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@CloudStrife213 said:

I'm buying a PS4 over the Xbox One. Does that make me a cow? Nope. Only extremely immature and biased assholes are cows. Cows are extremely insecure, hence the need for them to defend and fight people over their console of choice. Google "Choice-Supportive Bias" and you will see what I mean.

All fanboys do that. I get torched regularly by the Lemmings here and branded cow just because I call out the XBone for what it is. The Lems here try to twist reality to defend the XBox and I have found them to be quite immature as well.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

I think both PS4 and Xbox One are pretty lame at the moment now. I ended up picking up a PS4. It'll be fine eventually. I'm having way more fun with my PS3 and Wii U now. Grab a PS3 for all the sweet PSplus deals.

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By CloudStrife213
Member since 2006 • 430 Posts
@Shewgenja said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

All fanboys do that. I get torched regularly by the Lemmings here and branded cow just because I call out the XBone for what it is. The Lems here try to twist reality to defend the XBox and I have found them to be quite immature as well.

As I have said, everyone has there own biases. Who are you to tell other people that their choice of console is crap?

In their eyes, their console of choice is better, and there are plenty of personal reasons as to why they find their console of choice better. Not everybody is the same, and not everybody likes the same things, fighting other people and making an obvious effort to degrade other people and the other person's console of choice is immature.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 XboxDone74

@tymeservesfate: ? What is this? It has nothing to do with what was being discussed.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#79 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

The best option is to own both next gen consoles and a decent gaming PC. If you lack the funds, then the next best option is to have both consoles.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#80 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

You've joined the dark side. MS doesn't want you anymore.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#81 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Fanboys, smh.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

Good for you TC. I own an Xbox One, and its awesome : )

360 and PS3 are dust pans...no going back for me.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

Only mentally unstable and delusional lem in denial still defend MS.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#85  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

@xboxdone74 said:

@KBFloYd: got any proof? the connections are still p2p, so no there is no difference in connectivity when the networks are concerned.

the connections were the same even when comparing the 360 with the ps3. the difference however was that the ps3's operating system lag because of the way the RAM was allocated. doing multiple operations with the ps3 was laggy, while on the 360 it was smooth. however if you're strictly talking about the game play in online, there was no difference. p2p is p2p,. if there was lag the net was the hosts problem. if the game had dedicated servers and still lag then it was a server problem.

with the ram in the ps 4 now switching between applications is very smooth. there's no longer the lag the ps3 had.

so no, playing call of duty on the Xbox 1 is the same as playing call of duty on the ps4.

play call of duty on xbox one and ps4... the difference is there...

as for other games...you have a point... but call of duty runs better on xbox.

dont know about battlefield.

played on both, no difference imo

and switching from one side to the other. play the games you want and be a happy gamer. or better yet, dont be a fanboy

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#86 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

The performance you get out of the xone for the price is a joke.

CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts

@coasterguy65: I don't want to buy 2005 era tech in 2014. Kinda a waste of money and I don't have the space for a X360, PS4, Wii U AND PS3 under my tv.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

Disgusting lol.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@CwlHeddwyn said:

@coasterguy65: I don't want to buy 2005 era tech in 2014. Kinda a waste of money and I don't have the space for a X360, PS4, Wii U AND PS3 under my tv.

but there's actual good games on the PS3, unlike the PS4

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Congrats. you win a prize:

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@monson21502 said:

. ms only made the most powerful system 1 time. and that was the first xbox. 360 had less power and used old tech and still was 400 bucks. and if u switched to ps4 right now when it has no good games on it . then u are a big fat cow. i hope u enjoy their exclusives because u will get about 4 from each series in the next 5 years. and when ur ps4 over heats and blows up u can bet your cow butt that sony wont admit to their mistakes and just bring out a ps4 so u and other cows will buy it so the old 1s wont get used as much in a second room like it would in the main gaming room.

Yo dude! You make it sound like PS4 is the 360 with the same exclusive 4~ 5 times and over heat and blows up!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#92 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@CwlHeddwyn said:

@BattleSpectre: when Halo comes out I may get Xbox one but I'm not sure. Xbox will need more exclusive games to tempt me after all it's a lot of money just for 1 game.

Why are people still attached to Halo? Fvck Halo, that overrated pos. If you're so eager to play a Halo like game just wait for Destiny. Its pretty much an improved Halo game. And looks more interesting aswell

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 lostrib

@Vatusus said:

@CwlHeddwyn said:

@BattleSpectre: when Halo comes out I may get Xbox one but I'm not sure. Xbox will need more exclusive games to tempt me after all it's a lot of money just for 1 game.

Why are people still attached to Halo? Fvck Halo, that overrated pos. If you're so eager to play a Halo like game just wait for Destiny. Its pretty much an improved Halo game. And looks more interesting aswell

why do you care if people want to play halo?

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

@ni6htmare01:

@ni6htmare01 said:

@monson21502 said:

. ms only made the most powerful system 1 time. and that was the first xbox. 360 had less power and used old tech and still was 400 bucks. and if u switched to ps4 right now when it has no good games on it . then u are a big fat cow. i hope u enjoy their exclusives because u will get about 4 from each series in the next 5 years. and when ur ps4 over heats and blows up u can bet your cow butt that sony wont admit to their mistakes and just bring out a ps4 so u and other cows will buy it so the old 1s wont get used as much in a second room like it would in the main gaming room.

Yo dude! You make it sound like PS4 is the 360 with the same exclusive 4~ 5 times and over heat and blows up!

yeah thats a scary thought aint it? because u know sony wont man up and fix the overheating problem if it does cause ps4`s to blow up. they will just cover it up by releasing a slim. sony has soooo many games to chose from so why did they keep making uncharted, motorstorm, RES, LBP rachet and clanks ect ect and now they are bringing them all out for ps4 already and already rehashed them on vita i mean come on make some new ips or bring back some old ones from ps1 or ps2 days at least . least halo and gears are good games that can last you a long time. most of the sony`s games u can rent for a week and be done with it till its 10 bucks used then if u want it to keep buy it.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@donalbane said:

The best option is to own both next gen consoles and a decent gaming PC. If you lack the funds, then the next best option is to have both consoles.

So, if he lacks funds to buy a high end PC he should have both ($400 + $500 + $60 xbl + $50 PS plus = 1100 *before any games*) consoles?

No, you sould like a fool. The best option is to get the one console that you think will be the best for your tastes since 80% of their libraries will be the same and having both wont be of much benefit.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#96 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

A postman? A kettle? A dinosaur?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By lostrib
@Floppy_Jim said:

A postman? A kettle? A dinosaur?

He became the villain

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@Vatusus said:

@CwlHeddwyn said:

Why, because its made by bungie? Stop spreading germs.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@XboxStache said:

@CwlHeddwyn said:

Or...you...could...stop...creating...douche threads...it...must...suck...to....be....poor...

Its a stupid thread, but your response isn't any better.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

@ZoomZoom2490 said:

Sony loses money on every unit to give us more.

MS is making $200 for every Xbox One sold so you can have less.

About time you made the right move.

lol......wtf...where do people come up with this shit.