I thought this was NEXT gen not REMAKE DELAY Gen

#1 Posted by NoodleFighter (7003 posts) -

Seriously it seems all thats getting announced is remasters, remakes, ports or whatever you wanna call it of already existing games from last gen. At least ones like Metro Redux do things differently. Should of known that the overwhelming majority of games shown at Sony and Microsofts last 2 E3 conferences were no where near coming out. Remember when devs whined how they needed next gen consoles to create new unique IPs. Well instead it's remakes/remasters/ "definitive edition" of their already existing games.

Delays won't bother as much since some of the devs will actually use the time to make the game better like The Witcher 3 and Evolve. Others will most likely just be the same (Order: 1886).

Seems like next gen starts 2016

#2 Posted by cainetao11 (17015 posts) -

As long as they are purchased it will continue

#3 Posted by PikachuDude860 (599 posts) -

This is more like generation 7.5. lol.

#4 Posted by 1fragleft (52 posts) -

PS 4 launch beats PS 3 launch.

Don't know where people are getting the idea that last gen launches were so awesome.

#5 Posted by MonsieurX (29737 posts) -

PS 4 launch beats PS 3 launch.

Don't know where people are getting the idea that last gen launches were so awesome.

They were terrible as well,specially the PS3

#6 Edited by kinectthedots (1634 posts) -

SMH how soon clowns forget, I guess none of you morons remember how many PS2 to 360 port games were made the first year xbox360 was on the market?

Xbox360 2005, PS2 port haven

It takes time to get a system up and running. This gen is already much much better than what was offered the same time last gen (2005- mid 2006).

Look at the games that have come out so far including the multiplats and then compare it to what was available last gen so you can get off your soap box.

#7 Edited by HadOne2Many (1260 posts) -

There does seem to be an abnormally large number announced so far, but there are plenty of new games coming out for the current gen as well. Destiny next week then Horizon 2 a few weeks later. Then we have all the holiday stuff after that. It really isn't as bleak as people are making it seem.

#8 Edited by finalstar2007 (25001 posts) -

You make it sound as if there are 100's of remakes and remasters when there are only like 2 or 3 i mean lol dont buy them if your not interested man its simple.

i for one would love a Modern Warfare Remastered edition for next gen with MW2 or MW3 with fully functional online modes.

#9 Posted by wis3boi (31186 posts) -

when you have crap hardware....

#10 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9563 posts) -

yes becuz its been less than a year so far

#11 Edited by lawlessx (46580 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

You make it sound as if there are 100's of remakes and remasters when there are only like 2 or 3 i mean lol dont buy them if your not interested man its simple.

i for one would love a Modern Warfare Remastered edition for next gen with MW2 or MW3 with fully functional online modes.

you sure you wanna keep that number? because its bit higher than 3.

#12 Posted by ristactionjakso (5713 posts) -

Yes Metro Redux does a remaster the way it should be.

But with that said, Sleeping Dogs is getting a remaster with ALL dlc included, and there is a lot of dlc for that game. Would be a great game to buy for ones who haven't beat the ps3/360/pc versions.

#13 Edited by PimpHand_Gamer (319 posts) -

I like remasters and remakes. There are TONS of older yet awesome games. I wouldn't mind a remake of games like Anochronox, Omikron, Messiah, Unreal, Conker's, Heretic....just a lot of great potential there that much of the younger generation have never played yet have names that are well known among the older crowd which draws in a lot of hype. But ultimately it comes down to the developer and how well they can modernize them while still keeping their original intent.

#14 Edited by mems_1224 (46720 posts) -

Sony: One step forward, 5 steps back.

#15 Posted by Flubbbs (2998 posts) -

theres plenty of new games coming

#16 Posted by wolverine4262 (19090 posts) -

Yeah its been on for a while... on PC.

#17 Edited by lazerface216 (7495 posts) -

microsoft: halo: master chief collection, 1/2 step forward, 2 gens back. see how this works both ways? lol

#18 Posted by mems_1224 (46720 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

microsoft: halo: master chief collection, 1/2 step forward, 2 gens back. see how this works both ways? lol

actually thats about two gens forward. kind of a shame when an xbox game looks better than a game that came out last year

#19 Posted by lazerface216 (7495 posts) -

Seriously it seems all thats getting announced is remasters, remakes, ports or whatever you wanna call it of already existing games from last gen. At least ones like Metro Redux do things differently. Should of known that the overwhelming majority of games shown at Sony and Microsofts last 2 E3 conferences were no where near coming out. Remember when devs whined how they needed next gen consoles to create new unique IPs. Well instead it's remakes/remasters/ "definitive edition" of their already existing games.

Delays won't bother as much since some of the devs will actually use the time to make the game better like The Witcher 3 and Evolve. Others will most likely just be the same (Order: 1886).

Seems like next gen starts 2016

anyways. do you remember last gen? like at all? revisionist history at it's best...

#20 Posted by lazerface216 (7495 posts) -

@lazerface216 said:

@mems_1224 said:

actually thats about two gens forward. kind of a shame when an xbox game looks better than a game that came out last year

LMAO sure memes. when halo looks like a game from a decade in the future, we're in fucking trouble as gamers.

#21 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1427 posts) -

Suddenly, Sega's 1 day notice of its console release doesn't seem so bad.

#22 Posted by mems_1224 (46720 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@lazerface216 said:

@mems_1224 said:

LMAO sure memes. when halo looks like a game from a decade in the future, we're in fucking trouble as gamers.

No, it went from looking like an Xbox game to looking like a current gen game. Thats two gens. Try and keep up, I know you cows are slow.

#23 Posted by which_wich (175 posts) -

Oh, I did what you see there

#24 Posted by lazerface216 (7495 posts) -

@lazerface216 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@lazerface216 said:

@mems_1224 said:

No, it went from looking like an Xbox game to looking like a current gen game. Thats two gens. Try and keep up, I know you cows are slow.

lol yeah the halo collection looks like current gen games like the witcher, ryse, infamous ss etc. try and keep up , i know you xbox fanboys are blind.

also, i'm not an animal.

#25 Posted by mems_1224 (46720 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@lazerface216 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@lazerface216 said:

@mems_1224 said:

lol yeah the halo collection looks like current gen games like the witcher, ryse, infamous ss etc. try and keep up , i know you xbox fanboys are blind.

also, i'm not an animal.

Looks better than TLOU. A lot more work was put into the MCC too.

#26 Posted by lazerface216 (7495 posts) -

@lazerface216 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@lazerface216 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@lazerface216 said:

@mems_1224 said:

also, i'm not an animal.

first off, you haven't even see the game in motion yet.

secondly, what does that have to do with my post pointing out the fact that sony isn't alone on relying on remasters to start this gen?

huh?

#27 Posted by mems_1224 (46720 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@lazerface216 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@lazerface216 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@lazerface216 said:

@mems_1224 said:

also, i'm not an animal.

secondly, what does that have to do with my post pointing out the fact that sony isn't alone on relying on remasters to start this gen?

huh?

Because thats not all MS has this year. Sunset OVerdrive is coming out too.

#28 Posted by lazerface216 (7495 posts) -

@lazerface216 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@lazerface216 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@lazerface216 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@lazerface216 said:

@mems_1224 said:

also, i'm not an animal.

huh?

...and sony has driveclub. what's your point, besides fanboy ramblings?

#29 Posted by Heirren (16659 posts) -

So in the future PS4 and Xboxone will be compared only with that of the 32x, right?

#30 Posted by silversix_ (14128 posts) -

Gen 7.3. Not even Gen 7.5 and nowhere near gen 8

#31 Edited by nutcrackr (12494 posts) -

DLC gen

#32 Posted by commonfate (12252 posts) -

DLC gen

and single-player microtransaction gen

#33 Posted by AcidTango (542 posts) -

Yeah so far the new consoles sucks.

#34 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2444 posts) -

And just like I expected, cows are doing full DC. My feelings are same as yours TC.

#35 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10614 posts) -

Whatever it is... Its got nothing to do with Gameplay... Except for Nintendo ofcourse. ;)

#36 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4077 posts) -

Yep, pretty much been a lol gen so far. All talk. This has been the only gen which I haven't been excited about from conception to release and after. The whole thing seems like more of an update than an upgrade.

I haven't seen much that makes me go 'okay now THAT'S NEXT GEN'. And I mean the whole package, graphics and gameplay.

Hopefully this will change at some point.

#37 Posted by FastRobby (1324 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@lazerface216 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@lazerface216 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@lazerface216 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@lazerface216 said:

@mems_1224 said:

also, i'm not an animal.

huh?

Couple of things, we have seen MCC in motion. And in 2014 MS had the best games. We'll see what 2015 gives.

#38 Posted by j_assassin (898 posts) -

Looks like we're gonna see this kind of threads every beginning of new gen consoles

#39 Posted by scottpsfan14 (4078 posts) -

Impressed by your creative title. For realz.

#40 Posted by Boddicker (2591 posts) -

As long as they are purchased it will continue

Sad but true.

#41 Posted by mems_1224 (46720 posts) -

LMFAO Drive Club? Why waste time on that garbage when Forza Horizon 2 is coming out? Drive Club won't even have weather.

#42 Edited by scottpsfan14 (4078 posts) -

@lazerface216 said:

LMFAO Drive Club? Why waste time on that garbage when Forza Horizon 2 is coming out? Drive Club won't even have weather.

I don't get the hate for DriveClub. What is wrong with it? 50 cars? 55 traks? It's not 200+ cars or open world, and no performance customization, but so what? It's a good old fashioned console racer with the concept of club racing but also with 4 player local multiplayer and single player racing. Loved that type of shit since PS1. No need for hate my man. Just love. Praise Godny for they are our providers of greatness. Thou shall have a place reserved among King Kaz upon death. Go in peace brother, for your reconciliaton is complete.

#43 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2463 posts) -

People are buying them so....

#44 Posted by mariokart64fan (19389 posts) -

Lets not forget there are also cross Gen titles so that makes things worse because lmao most of our friends probably still have a last Gen console.so why buy upcoming game if they don't look all to different and you can't play with your friends lol bam the wiiu seems to be the exception to that rule

#45 Edited by SolidTy (42560 posts) -

The PS360 cross platform development sucks.

The amount of HD ports vs. new IPs sucks.

This year sucked imo for gaming in general and I have the big four (PC-Xbone-Wii U-PS4).

#46 Edited by The_Last_Ride (70921 posts) -

compare the first year of the consoles to the last generation and judge it then...

#47 Posted by sukraj (22308 posts) -

Yes Metro Redux does a remaster the way it should be.

But with that said, Sleeping Dogs is getting a remaster with ALL dlc included, and there is a lot of dlc for that game. Would be a great game to buy for ones who haven't beat the ps3/360/pc versions.

I haven't played sleeping dogs on last gen consoles so I might have to get this for the xbox one.

#48 Posted by bunchanumbers (518 posts) -

Lets see here.

TLOU

Halo MCC

WWHD

Tomb Raider

Metro

GTA5

Resident Evil HD

Beyond 2 Souls

Flow

Grim Fandango

Saints Row

State of Decay

and even more. Its not like its a handful of games. The Remaster movement is really hurting this generation of gaming.