I swear, LittleBigPlanet 2's Music Maker could make freakin masterpieces.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 IcyFlamez96
Member since 2011 • 1355 Posts

If it had real sounding instruments. Im really in to making music. I always thought of random beats or tunes in my head that I always dreamed of making inot a real thing lol. I used to use a bunch of these primative music makers on the computer. Oh and I remember when I was like 8 or 9 when I first got a cell phone there was this dumb music maker thing with pre set sound samples that I just lovvveedd messing with. Then when I heard LBP2 would have a music creator I was crazy excited for that. Of course I was disappointed by the instrument samples but the actual system of creating the music is just amazingly effective yet simple.

Its not too hard to get used to, im not going to go into details how to use it lol. But Ive created soooo much music it was rediculous. I remade stuff and mmade my original stuff. Soo much wasted potential. If you play too many instruments at once It lags, the instruments suck. I still loved using it though. I stopped playing LBP2 like a year ago and I downloaded FL Studios because I was really getting serious about making music. My computer broke about a moonth after I got it but I got it fixed a couple months ago and im just starting to get back in to it. Its just so amazingly-overly complicated. I mean Im learning it but It does NOT have to be that complicated honestly! I know of course a professional program has more features than something in a videogame but still.

Im good with getting all the notes right, all the chords right, all of the timing, everything! The only thing that is holding me back from making GOOOODDD sounding music is the overly complicated system of professional music makers and the crappy instruments of LBP 2's music maker....

Really im passionate about this, I didnt get my laptop fixed until near the end of summer so now I have like no time to learn that right now. Im planning on going into something to do with computer programming when I get a career and if I get the slightest chance I am going to make a music sequencer that is simple like LBP's but with all of those professional sounds. Or try my hardest to get someone to try to make it... I dont know how I will do that over the internet.... Im actually really determined to make this happen. Maybe I will have to go somewhere IRL... Idk. I want to make a change.... Im really serious about this music stuff.....

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

haven't played LBP2 but the music in LBP was

358sfm.jpg

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Wait.... if I understood correctly, LBP2 has a mode that lets you create music? Never heard about that. That's actually really cool. Do you mind linking us to some music you did? :P

IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 IcyFlamez96

Wait.... if I understood correctly, LBP2 has a mode that lets you create music? Never heard about that. That's actually really cool. Do you mind linking us to some music you did? :P

m_machine024

Im sorry, cant. I soo wish I had the correct tools to record video/audio of my games but I dont.... :[ I have a four part level series on LBP2 and each level I use music that I created. I also have a R&C music level (Yes I know im a R&C nerd :/ ) Yeah If you want to hear it you have to go to my levels on LBP2. Thats really not even my best stuff though. I made much better songs I think but all of my PS3 data got deleted.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
I haven't played that game in agggggggeeeees. Maybe it's time to pop it in again. :P
15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 15strong
Member since 2007 • 2806 Posts

m_machine024

It's not my level, but here is a video of a song being played in the sequencer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ7_1tjfT2s&feature=related

IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 IcyFlamez96
Here's a FFVII Remake level. All of the songs played are from the music sequencer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP6C1D2DU_k&feature=related
VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

LBP1 and 2 are simply brilliant..probably the only games to come out this gen that really made a difference imho

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

Never knew you could make music in it. :) Always been interested in that game but I'm just not sold on the actual platforming. Has definitely got some interesting features though.

I've used FL Studio for like 8 or 9 years now so I'm pretty familiar with it. If you need any help trying to do certain things drop me a message, I'd be happy to help.

BloodDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BloodDamage
Member since 2011 • 53 Posts
I used to play LBP soo mcuh..... I kind of want to start creating stuff again....
Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

Check out FL studio or Propellerheads Reason on the PC if you want to make some good quality sounding music, but they cost $100-$400. Never knew LBP2 had this feature and it's pretty cool, but it just makes me wish someone would make a good music creation software like MTV music generator on the Playstation 1, it was amazing how good that game was at letting you make good music, then they had to screw it up and basically make it a remixing tool when they released a new one on the original Xbox. Kinda surprised when all the Guitar Hero/Rock Band games where crazy popular someone didn't try making a game where you could make your own music instead of pushing buttons that kinda go along with someone else's songs.

IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 IcyFlamez96

Check out FL studio or Propellerheads Reason on the PC if you want to make some good quality sounding music, but they cost $100-$400. Never knew LBP2 had this feature and it's pretty cool, but it just makes me wish someone would make a good music creation software like MTV music generator on the Playstation 1, it was amazing how good that game was at letting you make good music, then they had to screw it up and basically make it a remixing tool when they released a new one on the original Xbox. Kinda surprised when all the Guitar Hero/Rock Band games where crazy popular someone didn't try making a game where you could make your own music instead of pushing buttons that kinda go along with someone else's songs.

JayQproductions
.........Im guessing you skimmed.....
Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

[QUOTE="JayQproductions"]

IcyFlamez96

okay re-read it and yea, somehow I missed the Fl studio part, my bad. But how you can think FL studio is complicated is beyond me, it's 100 times simpler than Reason.

IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 IcyFlamez96
[QUOTE="JayQproductions"]

[QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"][QUOTE="JayQproductions"]

JayQproductions

No, read the whole thing and thats why I suggested FL studio or Reason, based on the link you posted, it looks alot like how the sequencer is set up in both of those programs but FL studio is way more simple compared to Reason but Reason is the better of the two with sound quality and capabilities. But yea, I hope you do get a chance to make a music sequencer in the future, you will have my money if it's good. Was just expressing how dissapointed I am that nobody has made one this gen when they had a really good one 2 gen's again.

Oh so I guess you forgot about the part when I said I already have FL Studio :/ lol
IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 IcyFlamez96

JayQproductions

okay re-read it and yea, somehow I missed the Fl studio part, my bad. But how you can think FL studio is complicated is beyond me, it's 100 times simpler than Reason.

Ive never even seen Reason's interface before so..... Either FL Studio is still complicated. Reason is probably just SUPER complicated lol. Im just saying It really doesnt even need to be nearly as complicated as FL Studio is to be really good. When I use FL Studio, I'll figure out how to do something on there then I always think how much simpler it is the do the same thing on LBP's music maker...
ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts
You should give Sound Shapes a try also for making music.
IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IcyFlamez96
You should give Sound Shapes a try also for making music.ispeakfact
Is it free? I got no money to spend right now lol. Im spending my 40 dollars on the R&C Collection :)
ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts
[QUOTE="ispeakfact"]You should give Sound Shapes a try also for making music.IcyFlamez96
Is it free? I got no money to spend right now lol. Im spending my 40 dollars on the R&C Collection :)

$15
IcyFlamez96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 IcyFlamez96
[QUOTE="IcyFlamez96"][QUOTE="ispeakfact"]You should give Sound Shapes a try also for making music.ispeakfact

$15

Ohhh its a game? I'll look into it lol.