I really hope iOS becomes #1 in gaming.

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FireXxAnts (234 posts) -

Yup. You know I was always very anti-Apple. Always said their fans were a bunch of latte sippin, self proclaimed intellectual sheep. Paying absurd prices for the hardware at hand.

This month I sold out and bought my first Apple device ever. iPhone 5. Yup. Decided to download some games....both casual and some not so casual games. So I have about 20 or so of them, with a good variety of genres. I haven't had this much fun playing games in years. Needed the change. As I get older I have less time to put 100+ hrs into a game. I like the closed platform of Apple. I am not an ELITZZES33133111 HAXXXOORRZZZOORORR L333337777 MTN DEW 7777113333. Nah.

Not to mention I really enjoy using the hardware...I can understand why people accept paying for it. It just feels right. It works. Quite well. Yeah Galaxy this, Galaxy that bigger screen...yah. Well I'm content with the 4 in screen. I wouldnt want bigger. I'd rather not hold a brick. Apple TV is great technology. If the AppStore and gaming ever game to that....wow. Anywho...I'm going to go play some Forza 4 on X360. Still enjoy my Xbox. But iOS...is the future. Am I trolling? Not really. Depends how you look at it. Maybe I am? Anywho enjoy your Saturday everyone.

#2 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -
I am happy for you enjoying your inferior gaming experience, but blog it.
#3 Posted by free_milk (4368 posts) -
It won't.
#4 Posted by 15strong (2806 posts) -

It gives a very good handheld expirinece. I enjoy many many ios games.

#5 Posted by TheEroica (13340 posts) -
like everything in entertainment, if its a compelling experience it will stick, if its a gimmick it will disappear...
#6 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

No.

Mobile gaming is irrelevant. When people think of "gaming", they think of PC and consoles.

#7 Posted by Laxer04 (1256 posts) -

you've obviously never held the s3. the iphone feels like a brick compared to it

#8 Posted by free_milk (4368 posts) -

No.

Mobile gaming is irrelevant. When people think of "gaming", they think of PC and consoles.

GamerwillzPS
And handhelds
#9 Posted by ArchoNils2 (6160 posts) -

I would hate it, especially since I hate Apple. But hey, I wish you a lot of fun with your new toy until it gets old in a few weeks and you realise that the games are weaker than on gaming focussed device, like we all ded

#10 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -

No.

GamerwillzPS
Portables outselling home consoles last gen says otherwise.
#11 Posted by Bigboi500 (29413 posts) -

I hope you get diarrhea.

#12 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -
I'm sure ios has some fine games but I cant' see it as the future when it is inferior to portables like vita and 3ds with their controls and games values. Like devs/pubs not sticking as much money into phone/tablet games.
#13 Posted by Sword-Demon (6970 posts) -
None of that really explains why they should be #1 in gaming.. They offered you a change in pace that you personally needed, but for the majority of us, apple doesn't offer anything we want. Im not so naive as to think apple shouldn't exist, they have their place; but that place isn't in the "hardcore" gaming world
#14 Posted by FireXxAnts (234 posts) -

None of that really explains why they should be #1 in gaming.. They offered you a change in pace that you personally needed, but for the majority of us, apple doesn't offer anything we want. Im not so naive as to think apple shouldn't exist, they have their place; but that place isn't in the "hardcore" gaming worldSword-Demon

That you may be very right about. I may have misworded what I said. I do not want iOS to replace consoles. Like I said I play my Xbox 360 quite often. FIFA 13 is good on iPhone. Its Amazing on console. I was just stating like you said, it was a change in pace that I needed and am very happy with that. Kudos to you though, I do agree.

#15 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Yeah, I'd like an even worse form of Microsoft controlling my gaming experiences.
#16 Posted by iamrob7 (2138 posts) -

I enjoy my iphone as much as the next man, but I don't really see how it can become #1 in gaming, how on earth does an iphone/ipad ever even come close to replacing the experience of gaming on my PC. It's simple it can't. Replace handhelds though, absolutely.

#17 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26118 posts) -

Have fun with one of the sh!ttest gaming experiences.

#18 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -
Good thing that is only you. Next time keep your opinion on your blog.
#19 Posted by FireXxAnts (234 posts) -

ChubbyGuy40

Ha! Hardly! Go drink some mtn dew and play epic dragon fantasy heroes 17!

#20 Posted by jsmoke03 (12786 posts) -
[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

No.

p4s2p0

and thats why the game developers are flocking to mobile gaming....
#21 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26118 posts) -

FireXxAnts

Epic Dragon Fantasy Heroes 17 is probably the name of an iOS title. It sounds horrible enough to be one. Have fun playing Gunbros and EDFH 17.

#22 Posted by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -
So why should they be number #1 in gaming again? Because I'm not seeing it in your post. I disagree btw.
#23 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5973 posts) -
No lol iphone gaming sucks, I have one, I KNOW.
#24 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -
It already is my son, it already is.
#25 Posted by Lems_R_Tools (255 posts) -
Blog dat sh*t, son.
#26 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -
Oh I surely hope not. Sh!tty blog is sh!t.
#27 Posted by danish-death (5314 posts) -
Hai guyz, i just bauth dis new system n it's teh best. I Hope it will rule ze world. yeah.. No..
#28 Posted by Zassimick (6375 posts) -

Well I just bought myself an iPhone 5. I've found I love the phone but as a gaming device I just haven't found its appeal yet.

Is there a solid list around the web of the best games for the system? I've looked at a couple places for a good comprehensive list and the only one I've found is IGN. Any suggestions so I can look at the quality games for the system?

#29 Posted by caseypayne69 (5388 posts) -
Once apple markets a wireless controller. It will be over for the other hand helds..
#30 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -
[QUOTE="p4s2p0"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

No.

jsmoke03

and thats why the game developers are flocking to mobile gaming....

There are quite a few making games for them. Course there will alway's be some pc or console only devs but that doesn't' change mobiles popularity.
#31 Posted by Masenkoe (4888 posts) -

iphones are still p00p.

#32 Posted by quebec946 (1318 posts) -

you need to be an mindless apple sheep or have a poop fetish to enjoy something that awful.

#33 Posted by Kaszilla (1718 posts) -
Once apple markets a wireless controller. It will be over for the other hand helds..caseypayne69
No it wont because the games will be developed with the touchscreen in mind, making the game shallow with or without a controller.
#34 Posted by 15strong (2806 posts) -

Iphone and ipad get some of the best PC indie games that work very well with touchscreen controls. Everything from Bastion to Osmos to Space Chem to machinarium is available. Anyone who says iOS offers a terrible gaming expirience has no idea what they are talking about.

#35 Posted by quebec946 (1318 posts) -

Iphone and ipad get some of the best PC indie games that work very well with touchscreen controls. Everything from Bastion to Osmos to Space Chem to machinarium is available. Anyone who says iOS offers a terrible gaming expirience has no idea what they are talking about.

15strong

they are watered down port with just bad controls.

#36 Posted by Masenkoe (4888 posts) -

[QUOTE="15strong"]

quebec946

this x9001

#37 Posted by KBFloYd (13278 posts) -

nice phone bro.

#38 Posted by svetzenlether (3081 posts) -

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

FireXxAnts

I'm guessing you haven't played Chaos Rings, then??

#39 Posted by 15strong (2806 posts) -

[QUOTE="quebec946"]

[QUOTE="15strong"]

Masenkoe

this x9001

Most of them are exactly the same and some even control better with the touchscreen. We are even seeing PC gamers brag about Sword and Swocery which originally came out for the iphone. You guys are either delusional or have such a hatred for a successful company that you can't see clearly.

#40 Posted by Namgis (3575 posts) -

Smells like blog in here.other GameSpot users

-

Once apple markets a wireless controller. It will be over for the other hand helds..caseypayne69

Like this?

#41 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26118 posts) -

Why would handhelds die from something you can't fit in your pocket or be able to play anywhere?

Most of them are exactly the same and some even control better with the touchscreen. We are even seeing PC gamers brag about Sword and Swocery which originally came out for the iphone. You guys are either delusional or have such a hatred for a successful company that you can't see clearly.

15strong

Control better with a touchscreen? Not at all. Who the hell brags about Superbrothers S&S? We can see it quite clearly. It's the supporters who can't seem to grasp reality.

#42 Posted by ArisShadows (22615 posts) -

[quote="other GameSpot users"]Smells like blog in here.Namgis

-

Like this?

Wouldn't something like that sort of divert the purpose of mobile gaming if carried that around?
#43 Posted by blackace (20379 posts) -
IOS will never be mainstream gaming. People want to play on large HDTV with friends and family. IOS games are good for when you're on the go and want to play something quickly. I have a few games on my IPad. many of the games are FREE too. I might play it once a week though.
#44 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (19818 posts) -
What counts as a not so casual game on the Iphone?
#45 Posted by caseypayne69 (5388 posts) -
You guys do know you can stream your iPhone games through your Apple TV to your HDTV right?
#46 Posted by caseypayne69 (5388 posts) -

[quote="other GameSpot users"]Smells like blog in here.Namgis

-

Like this?

That looks like a turd from Gameloft, but at least it's a step forward.
#47 Posted by FireXxAnts (234 posts) -

[QUOTE="Masenkoe"]

[QUOTE="quebec946"] they are watered down port with just bad controls.

15strong

this x9001

^ Someone who finally gets it! Fantastic! Ha

#48 Posted by Heil68 (43595 posts) -
[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

No.

free_milk
And handhelds

Lol@ handhelds.
#49 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10579 posts) -
You can't say anything positive about mobile gaming on this forums. You get g*ngba*ged by all the elitists on here. Mobile gaming is fun and it will take off even more. It is a good way to play games. Haters be hating.
#50 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

SW is very um... scared of nonconventional gaming.