I propose we boycott the Elite

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Natural_Mystic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Natural_Mystic
Member since 2003 • 4117 Posts
I hope the PS3 doesn't flop because M$ will surely screw gamers if they don't have a strong competitor in the videogame industry to keep them honest.  I didn't realize just how much we, as gamers, need Sony to do well until today.  It didn't take M$ long, at the first sign of weakness, M$ increases the price of their system instead of reducing it as they have in previous generations.  Now, all of a sudden, M$ thinks it's Apple and can introduce an overpriced piece of hardware paint it black and expect consumers to love it.  Well, M$ isn't Apple, we wont fall for this deliberate attemp to cash in on Sony's misfortune.  We as gamers should unite and send M$ a clear message that we're not going to tolerate this price hike. How do you feel about the new SKU?
apolloluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 apolloluke
Member since 2006 • 1273 Posts
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY IT. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY HALO 3 LEGENDARY EDITION WITH THE HELMET. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY A HD-DVD DRIVE. These are all options. Microsoft gives its customers options. Is this so difficult for cows to comprehend? The only thing you guys have had to choose is if your want your console in black, pink or silver.
theboxmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 theboxmike
Member since 2005 • 2615 Posts

Serouisly

What part of you dont have to buy it dont you understand?

Natural_Mystic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Natural_Mystic

Serouisly

theboxmike
I don't want people to buy it! So, I guess you guys are in favor of the boycott, right?
ccgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 ccgod
Member since 2003 • 7915 Posts
I hope the PS3 doesn't flop because M$ will surely screw gamers if they don't have a strong competitor in the videogame industry to keep them honest. I didn't realize just how much we, as gamers, need Sony to do well until today. It didn't take M$ long, at the first sign of weakness, M$ increases the price of their system instead of reducing it as they have in previous generations. Now, all of a sudden, M$ thinks it's Apple and can introduce an overpriced piece of hardware paint it black and expect consumers to love it. Well, M$ isn't Apple, we wont fall for this deliberate attemp to cash in on Sony's misfortune. We as gamers should unite and send M$ a clear message that we're not going to tolerate this price hike. How do you feel about the new SKU?Natural_Mystic
yep cuz nintentdo doesn't come out with the same version of the same crap but is different colors
theboxmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 theboxmike
[QUOTE="theboxmike"]

Serouisly

Natural_Mystic

I don't want people to buy it! So, I guess you guys are in favor of the boycott, right?

If you dont have to buy it then dont worry about it, just stop complaning

Nothing has happen to the core or Premuim 360 ok? everything is the same expect we now have an elite 360?

WHATS SO BAD ABOUT THAT?

Bandit_Haze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Bandit_Haze
Member since 2005 • 4950 Posts

they are forcing gamers to buy their products its true... bill gates threaten to kill my whole family if i don't buy the xbox elite... and its not even out in the uk till the end of the year :cry:
/sacasm
yeah, so anyway the elite looks like a good purchase for anyone who doesn't already hav an xbox, you really don't need to buy a who new console if you've already got an xbox
plus this isn't the first time something like this has happened.. last gen, sony realeased 3 ver of the ps2.. there was the normal version, the silver version with the built in infrared sensor... and the slim line version with the built in network adapter..
also, nintendo ds, then the ds lite with improved battery, lighting, size and weight..gba, then gba sp with back light
companies improve thier systems all the time, theres nothing wrong with it. u don't hav to buy every version that comes out, unless you really really want to
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY IT. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY HALO 3 LEGENDARY EDITION WITH THE HELMET. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY A HD-DVD DRIVE. These are all options. Microsoft gives its customers options. Is this so difficult for cows to comprehend? The only thing you guys have had to choose is if your want your console in black, pink or silver.apolloluke

I guess it's pointless to try and use common sense dude. I mean a cow fanboy made up thread laughing at lemmings because MS gives you "options" I mean how do you debate with people with that kind of logic lol I mean honestly what's the point. So I just made a joke thread showing them how they all are. 

Natural_Mystic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Natural_Mystic
[QUOTE="Natural_Mystic"][QUOTE="theboxmike"]

Serouisly

theboxmike

Nothing has happen to the core or Premuim 360 ok? everything is the same expect we now have an elite 360?

WHATS SO BAD ABOUT THAT?

I want more harddrive space and M$ is overcharging for it.
theboxmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 theboxmike
[QUOTE="theboxmike"][QUOTE="Natural_Mystic"][QUOTE="theboxmike"]

Serouisly

Natural_Mystic

WHATS SO BAD ABOUT THAT?

I agree they are overcharging it but its stil a *choice* just suck it up and live on
-uHuRu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -uHuRu
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts
agreed. you gotta admit, this sucks, this is the ultimate milkage. I really feel sorry for premium X360 owners, IF you guys buy the 120GB HDD($180), consider yourself milked. thats $580 also dont forget your Xbox Live fee($50). thats $630, yet no built-in wifi, HDMI and Blu-ray/HD DVD. seriously, X360 fanboys, enjoy your 'choices'.
Natural_Mystic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Natural_Mystic
[QUOTE="Natural_Mystic"]I hope the PS3 doesn't flop because M$ will surely screw gamers if they don't have a strong competitor in the videogame industry to keep them honest. I didn't realize just how much we, as gamers, need Sony to do well until today. It didn't take M$ long, at the first sign of weakness, M$ increases the price of their system instead of reducing it as they have in previous generations. Now, all of a sudden, M$ thinks it's Apple and can introduce an overpriced piece of hardware paint it black and expect consumers to love it. Well, M$ isn't Apple, we wont fall for this deliberate attemp to cash in on Sony's misfortune. We as gamers should unite and send M$ a clear message that we're not going to tolerate this price hike. How do you feel about the new SKU?AncientDozer
Talk about straw men. But your argument is weak and another example of misunderstanding the situation. Possibly intentionally in an attempt to bolster your ego and assure yourself that whatever purchases you made were the right one. And possibly an attempt to score imaginary browny points with sony even though they don't give a flying fudge about individual customers. Options are optional and what Microsoft is doing is actually good by providing us with a variety of options instead of forcing us to buy the whole kit and kaboodle even if we don't intend to use some of the functions. I hate being forced to pay for things I won't use in order to get the stuff I do, don't you?

dude, you have no idea what you're talking about. There is no strawman, I didn't invent an extraneous issue, the price of the new SKU is at the core of my argument and I never deviated from that issue.
TheSpidren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 TheSpidren
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts
[QUOTE="theboxmike"]

Serouisly

Natural_Mystic

Why don't you want people to buy it? PEOPLE WILL BUY WHATEVER THEY WANT TO BUY. LEARN TO STOP TRYING TO CHANGE SOMETHING POINTLESS AND SIT DOWN.
deviates1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deviates1080
Member since 2006 • 1926 Posts

agreed. you gotta admit, this sucks, this is the ultimate milkage. I really feel sorry for premium X360 owners, IF you guys buy the 120GB HDD($180), consider yourself milked. thats $580 also dont forget your Xbox Live fee($50). thats $630, yet no built-in wifi, HDMI and Blu-ray/HD DVD. seriously, X360 fanboys, enjoy your 'choices'.-uHuRu

Hardly the ultimate "milkage" when you don't even have to buy it. There is nothing about the Elite which makes the premium system obsolete.

TheSpidren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 TheSpidren
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts
Plus you can buy 120 gig hard drives standalone if you really want it too :)
Natural_Mystic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Natural_Mystic
Plus you can buy 120 gig hard drives standalone if you really want it too :)TheSpidren
for a not so small fee...
Shazenab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shazenab
Member since 2004 • 3413 Posts
I suppose you get a life. Boycotters... Honestly...
jechtshot78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jechtshot78
Member since 2004 • 29851 Posts
Plus you can buy 120 gig hard drives standalone if you really want it too :)TheSpidren
Which is totally useless on a game console. 40-60 is better. Not to mention, Cheaper. I am happy Ms wants to give it's customers options, but how about making their console totally upgradable without having to pay an arm and a leg. I like the Wii, I like the Ps3, Why? Because they are the complete packages, they are not missing anything they should have. This, Xbox 360 elite, Is the lamest excuse for a money Grub I have ever seen. This is coming from a huge fan of the Xbox 360.
Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts
yeah and make a big petition
Archx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Archx1
Member since 2007 • 172 Posts

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY IT. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY HALO 3 LEGENDARY EDITION WITH THE HELMET. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY A HD-DVD DRIVE. These are all options. Microsoft gives its customers options. Is this so difficult for cows to comprehend? The only thing you guys have had to choose is if your want your console in black, pink or silver.apolloluke

Yes but why are they the only console maker in history that has gone over a year without a price drop?  All you people who hate Sony so much dont realaize how screwed this industry would be without them.

mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mwa
Member since 2003 • 2639 Posts
meh i'll get an elite but i think i'll wait until they start using that cooler chipset
jechtshot78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jechtshot78
Member since 2004 • 29851 Posts
meh i'll get an elite but i think i'll wait until they start using that cooler chipsetmwa
That does not come until the Xbox 360 Enterprise in spring 2008, which is priced at $780 with a blu ray player, wifi, mem card readers, 300 gb HDD, and two HDMI ports. And did I mention it comes in Green? What a deal!
Avatar image for PelekotansDream
PelekotansDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#25 PelekotansDream
Member since 2005 • 7602 Posts
I hope the PS3 doesn't flop because M$ will surely screw gamers if they don't have a strong competitor in the videogame industry to keep them honest.  I didn't realize just how much we, as gamers, need Sony to do well until today.  It didn't take M$ long, at the first sign of weakness, M$ increases the price of their system instead of reducing it as they have in previous generations.  Now, all of a sudden, M$ thinks it's Apple and can introduce an overpriced piece of hardware paint it black and expect consumers to love it.  Well, M$ isn't Apple, we wont fall for this deliberate attemp to cash in on Sony's misfortune.  We as gamers should unite and send M$ a clear message that we're not going to tolerate this price hike. How do you feel about the new SKU?Natural_Mystic
Hey, they do it with their software.
feel_freetwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 feel_freetwo
Member since 2006 • 1888 Posts
clearly you know nothign abotu apple and microsoft. microsoft stole apples operating system, and have copied them ever since. also apple products have been vastly increasing in market share.......so clearly people do love them.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
overpriced options.
mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mwa

[QUOTE="mwa"]meh i'll get an elite but i think i'll wait until they start using that cooler chipsetjechtshot78
That does not come until the Xbox 360 Enterprise in spring 2008, which is priced at $780 with a blu ray player, wifi, mem card readers, 300 gb HDD, and two HDMI ports. And did I mention it comes in Green? What a deal!

lol 

Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#29 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts
Dude, you need to calm down. You're either taking SW too seriously or the fact there is a an 'elite' has really gotten to you.
Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Me_Ur_Daddy_
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts
[QUOTE="Natural_Mystic"][QUOTE="theboxmike"]

Serouisly

theboxmike

WHATS SO BAD ABOUT THAT?

how ironic, cows been telling lemmings this same thing when they complain about the ps3 price, i guess karma has a sense of humor :lol:
buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 buuzer0
Member since 2005 • 3792 Posts

[QUOTE="apolloluke"]YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY IT. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY HALO 3 LEGENDARY EDITION WITH THE HELMET. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY A HD-DVD DRIVE. These are all options. Microsoft gives its customers options. Is this so difficult for cows to comprehend? The only thing you guys have had to choose is if your want your console in black, pink or silver.kcpp2b

I guess it's pointless to try and use common sense dude. I mean a cow fanboy made up thread laughing at lemmings because MS gives you "options" I mean how do you debate with people with that kind of logic lol I mean honestly what's the point. So I just made a joke thread showing them how they all are. 

Every day these kids sink to new lows with their logic. Sony fanboys are the worst. This is about almost as bad as their petition and outcry against Capcom (a 3rd party developer) for making Devil May Cry 4 multiplatform. Do they seriously have some kind of brain deficiency? No logical person would act like this. The OP brings up that this is a "price hike". HOW IS IT A PRICE HIKE WHEN THE ORIGINAL SYSTEMS ARE STILL AVAILABLE FOR THE SAME PRICE THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN!? It really blows my mind, every day when I come to System Wars. It's like a train wreck at a nuclear power plant... nothing makes sense!
buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 buuzer0
Member since 2005 • 3792 Posts

Serouisly

Me_Ur_Daddy_

WHATS SO BAD ABOUT THAT?

how ironic, cows been telling lemmings this same thing when they complain about the ps3 price, i guess karma has a sense of humor :lol:

You seriously think its the same thing? PS3 has always been $499 or $599. 360 has always been $299 or $399, and now another SKU a year and a half later for $479 is available IN ADDITION TO the other ones. How is this even remotely the same? 360: $299, $399, or $479 PS3: $499 or $599
Resident_Fan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Resident_Fan_
Member since 2004 • 591 Posts
I think that people here in system wars is little bit dumb specially the cows, dont waste ur time even if post that millions of time they will come with ''bu bu bu u need to pay 130$ to play Halo 3 microsoft is milking u''
ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ChiChiMonKilla
Member since 2007 • 2339 Posts

You know I can'r really blame ms for milking 360 users as they buy everything they throw out on live and this is just another way 360 owners can spend money. Instead of people being upset about there being a new model that cost more and has hdmi, a feature ms swore was not needed on a game console. They are happy to open their wallets like trained chimps every time ms comes out with a new product.

If sony had done this it would be the end of the world but because it's for the 360 then hey it's okay. I mean who in there right mind would want a premium last holiday when the elite only cost $80 more. Really lemmings are falling for the old bait and switch here. What's next in 2008 ms will add wifi for the chrome ultimate and charge only $499 and lemmings will say "oh what a deal ps3 sux" ms take my money.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Why should you boycott something that is a better deal than the Premium?
sbowrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sbowrin
Member since 2006 • 53 Posts
maybe you can start a petition i hear they work well.
LEGEND_C4A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LEGEND_C4A
Member since 2003 • 3186 Posts

agreed. you gotta admit, this sucks, this is the ultimate milkage. I really feel sorry for premium X360 owners, IF you guys buy the 120GB HDD($180), consider yourself milked. thats $580 also dont forget your Xbox Live fee($50). thats $630, yet no built-in wifi, HDMI and Blu-ray/HD DVD. seriously, X360 fanboys, enjoy your 'choices'.-uHuRu

if its so expensive, do what sony told its fans when it comes to buying their products....work overtime or get another job!

LEGEND_C4A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LEGEND_C4A
Member since 2003 • 3186 Posts

meh i'll get an elite but i think i'll wait until they start using that cooler chipsetmwa

I thought they already said that the elites use the 65nanometer or whatever they are called chipsets! somebody help me here, cause now I'm not sure.....

Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
Take a deap breath, now exhale. What?! Come to your senses, this is no big deal. I'll get the premium edition over the elite anyday. 1. dont plan on dlding HD movies from Live. 2. Dont have a TV that supports 1080p. So for me, and the majority of gamers out there, this package will not even matter to us. I just want a game system, and the elite and PS3 are trying to be this Home entertainment multimedia DO All.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#41 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I hope the PS3 doesn't flop because M$ will surely screw gamers if they don't have a strong competitor in the videogame industry to keep them honest.  I didn't realize just how much we, as gamers, need Sony to do well until today.  It didn't take M$ long, at the first sign of weakness, M$ increases the price of their system instead of reducing it as they have in previous generations.  Now, all of a sudden, M$ thinks it's Apple and can introduce an overpriced piece of hardware paint it black and expect consumers to love it.  Well, M$ isn't Apple, we wont fall for this deliberate attemp to cash in on Sony's misfortune.  We as gamers should unite and send M$ a clear message that we're not going to tolerate this price hike. How do you feel about the new SKU?Natural_Mystic
Do you want to boycott apple every year when they release a new iPod too? MS doesn't expect most people to want their new SKU. Just people who are going to want to use it for media more than games.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I'm completely enjoying my choice. I'm not buying the larger HD until a price drop. See what I did there? I made a choice.

My cost= 0 dollars.

Yes having a choice is fantastic. Because one of the choices is not to do anything. My 360 will still play games.

donaldo1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43 donaldo1989
Member since 2005 • 6489 Posts
Soon we will start getting "the elite will destroy gaming" threads :roll:
BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BlazeDragon132
Member since 2006 • 7951 Posts
Legendary Helmet, 130 dollars, lmao. No game should be 130 dollars. Maybe I will buy it and sell it to casual Halo fans for 599 USD!
Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Shadow_op
Member since 2006 • 4566 Posts

Serouisly

Natural_Mystic

WHATS SO BAD ABOUT THAT?

$80 for a 120GB harddrive AND HDMI ports aint that bad....and it's still cheaper than the PS3 ;)
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
I hope the PS3 doesn't flop because M$ will surely screw gamers if they don't have a strong competitor in the videogame industry to keep them honest. I didn't realize just how much we, as gamers, need Sony to do well until today. It didn't take M$ long, at the first sign of weakness, M$ increases the price of their system instead of reducing it as they have in previous generations. Now, all of a sudden, M$ thinks it's Apple and can introduce an overpriced piece of hardware paint it black and expect consumers to love it. Well, M$ isn't Apple, we wont fall for this deliberate attemp to cash in on Sony's misfortune. We as gamers should unite and send M$ a clear message that we're not going to tolerate this price hike. How do you feel about the new SKU?Natural_Mystic
Why would I boycott such an impressive looking system? Am I happy that Microsoft released a newer, nicer model just 1.5 years into the console's lifespan? No Am I happy they increased the price? Also no. Am I happy that they didn't offer this at system launch when I purchased the original X360? No. But there's no way around it: this system looks great, has added functionality (hello hard drive space), has an HDMI port (if you need it...I don't), and most likely, has all those pesky manufacturing issues worked out (goodbye red ring of doom) I am definitely putting my name down for one of these.
BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BlazeDragon132
Member since 2006 • 7951 Posts
[QUOTE="Natural_Mystic"][QUOTE="theboxmike"][QUOTE="Natural_Mystic"][QUOTE="theboxmike"]

Serouisly

Shadow_op

WHATS SO BAD ABOUT THAT?

$80 for a 120GB harddrive AND HDMI ports aint that bad....and it's still cheaper than the PS3 ;)

Again, you don't know if MS will let you trade up. Don't get so excited yet...
mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mwa

[QUOTE="mwa"]meh i'll get an elite but i think i'll wait until they start using that cooler chipsetLEGEND_C4A

I thought they already said that the elites use the 65nanometer or whatever they are called chipsets! somebody help me here, cause now I'm not sure.....

no it doesn't use the 65 nm chipset...when elite was still a rumor, the general speculation was that it would be black, have the 65 nm chipset, have the 120 GB HDD, and HDMI output...turns out all that is true, EXCEPT for the 65 nm chipset...that was confirmed either in the GS article or on another article on some other site, i can't really remember, but the cooler chipset is not going to be in the elite 360 

xXHackettXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#49 xXHackettXx
Member since 2006 • 3560 Posts

Serouisly

theboxmike
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
[QUOTE="LEGEND_C4A"]

[QUOTE="mwa"]meh i'll get an elite but i think i'll wait until they start using that cooler chipsetmwa

no it doesn't use the 65 nm chipset...when elite was still a rumor, the general speculation was that it would be black, have the 65 nm chipset, have the 120 GB HDD, and HDMI output...turns out all that is true, EXCEPT for the 65 nm chipset...that was confirmed either in the GS article or on another article on some other site, i can't really remember, but the cooler chipset is not going to be in the elite 360

That is correct. It is going to be introducted into all models later in the year. (Perhaps it will come with a price drop??) That being said, I do think this model will run cooler (or have its manufacturing issues ironed out) and we'll see a lot less reliability issues that plagued the early models of the Xbox360.