I Need Your Help!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mgcrider08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 mgcrider08
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

I've owned a 360 since 2006 (two actually, the first died in 2008, but my current one has been running strong for over 5 years and should be bronzed in MS Hall of Fame). So, I may be a little biased, but the debate between the XB1 and PS4 has been difficult. Maybe you feel the same, but I've been trying to do a little research and end up with more questions than answers. So I'm turning to the community for help, because I'm sure you are more educated on this than I am. I don't know what to get in November, and I guess there are three options...1) suck it up and get the XB1, 2) do the unthinkable and get a PS4, or 3) just hang with the 360, even though it's starting to boot me off of Live every 20 minutes. I have some information that may, to quote Jerry McGuire, "help me, help you".

• I have a pretty reliable internet connection and play multiplayer a lot, although Live has been really tempermental for me lately
  • I use 360 for gaming, but also enjoy apps like Youtube, last.fm, and Netflix
  • Love FPS, sports, and open-world games
  • I don't connect every day, as family and job doesn't permit me to sit on my butt and play all the time. Mostly a weekend gamer, and the whole connectivity debate has me worried
  • I don't currently have a Kinect, but with a wife who loves Zumba and twin two-year olds, I think this would be a great addition
  • I'm not a fanboy (or a boy for that matter, I'm a grown man) and want the best product available. By the way, I live in the US, so the price is what it is
  • I'm not getting both, I'm not made of money

So, based on what you know, what would be best for me?

Gamertag: Angry Principal (the one, the only)

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

This is the absolute worse place possible to ask this question.

Get whatever most of your friends are getting is the best answer.

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
Do you like freedom, the military, and your fellow Americans? If so, you can only support the freedom, military loving, American console (after its imported!) that is the Playstation 4.
Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jack-Burton
Member since 2013 • 2435 Posts
Get Ouya
UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts

This is the absolute worse place possible to ask this question.

blue_hazy_basic
Also this. :P
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
ps4 ticks all those bullet points. Even the kinect one, im sure the ps eye and those dance games will go hand in hand. Its going to be cheaper, ps+ is great value, online PLAY is gonna be the same as it was this gen. Ps4 will have youtube apps and all that.
Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

You have come to the right place

May i suggest a wii u?

- Great third party support

- Killer exclusives

- Huge multiplayer community

- Tons of games on the horizon

the wii u doesn't have any of these, so get it

wasted_wiisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wasted_wiisdom
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts
System Wars=Serious Business
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts
PS4 is definitely the more popular choice, and is certainly what I'd recommend at this point in time. There's simply much less hassle involved (especially if XBL isn't working properly for you). realistically, I'm sure you'd be happy with either choice, but there's no way I could recommend that you get an XB1. If you're really unsure, just wait a couple of months after launch to see their respective game lineups, problems, advantages, etc. there's no rush to buy a new system when we still barely have any info on them
kingsfan_0333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kingsfan_0333
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts

"I don't connect every day, as family and job doesn't permit me to sit on my butt and play all the time. Mostly a weekend gamer, and the whole connectivity debate has me worried"

I don't think you need to connect every single day. If you are a weekend gamer, your console would check in on Saturday, Sunday, and then it wouldn't need to check in again until the following Saturday. Personally, this doesn't bother me at all. I have a reliable internet connection and my console automatically connects to the internet as soon as I turn it on, so I would never even notice.

I'm more concerned about their used games and rental policy. I only buy a couple of games a year, because to be honest, most games aren't worth $60 these days, but I certainly don't want to limit myself to the games I pay full price for. We've already seen MS backtracking and making their policies less strict since announcing them about a month ago, so there isn't a doubt in my mind that they will try and find some middle ground.

I'll buy both consoles anyways, so I guess it doesn't matter all that much.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

In the end the PS4 will offer the most for gamers. Factually stronger hardware and the online subscription offers more than Gold. Not to mention it's cheaper.

If your family is involved more then you might be more inclined to get the X1, because the Kinect will have some games for family. Maybe watch cartoons on TV, which is a thing on the X1.

WiiU has most for family games though.

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
PC
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
So, based on what you know, what would be best for me?

Gamertag: Angry Principal (the one, the only)

mgcrider08
To ask the question just about anywhere else.