i'm sorry System Wars but PS Now DOES NOT seem great...

• 190 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150710 posts) -

now i LOL'd. hahaha

@LJS9502_basic said:

And? That still goes to my question...what idiot would trade in a console and controllers?

i just told you dingbat. the fuck...people/casuals who are trying to save some money on a system trade in deal. who are now ironically being charged out the asshole by Sony because of added feature fees. nice to know you pretend to be an intellectual on these boards though...pretend being the word of emphasis here lol.

I see the problem now. My point is over your head. If someone is stupid enough to trade in a console that's their fault. They can either do without out or re buy what they need. It's not necessary to have the PS3 controller.

#102 Posted by Glitter (353 posts) -

If PlayStation Now fails and they realize it is not something they as a company can stick with, they will probably end up giving up on an alternative for backward compatibility altogether. I can see PlayStation Now having lag, latency issues, freezing etc.

#103 Posted by EtherealMachine (96 posts) -

Thank you. Someone seeing the light. Everything Sony announces, cows run off with it like the greatest thing was just announced.

Truth is, PS Now is just a second rate joke. A feature that will be there if you need it and used very little. Nothing more.

And Xbox fans don't do the same? Give me a break.

#104 Posted by Animal-Mother (26750 posts) -

@glitter said:

If PlayStation Now fails and they realize it is not something they as a company can stick with, they will probably end up giving up on an alternative for backward compatibility altogether. I can see PlayStation Now having lag, latency issues, freezing etc.

It's gonna have issues the first 6-12 months. Mark my words. The problem is people in ability to cope with anything. So it being a kind of wishy washy service isn't going to help. That's why sony needs to come out strong as hell. And this beta needs to include thousands of people. From every corner sony can find them.

#105 Edited by blackace (20562 posts) -

@speedfog said:

Poor cows in denial again.

$ony is more greedy then MS now.

I'm wating for the prices for the service.

#106 Edited by Couth_ (10059 posts) -

I don't remember cows going on so many delusional and outright false tirades when the PS3 was struggling.. Lems are a sad, sick bunch

#107 Posted by Steppy_76 (2103 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: This is essentially backwards compatibility that you pay for. Few people use it when it's free and included with a system, outside of Vita users I don't see many people using this. Once you go next gen you typically don't go back.

#108 Edited by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

NOW seems like something that will work if you're really desperate to play some old games. It's a pretty poor excuse for backwards compatibility honestly. That said I still have an old PS3 controller and I would really like to play the Last of Us.

I will give it a chance but I have realistic expectations about it's quality.

#109 Posted by OhSnapitz (18311 posts) -

It's an extra perk.. nothing more. nothing less. If you don't (didn't) own a PSOne, PS2, or PS3 this would be a great way to catch up on titles you missed. The fact that you can stream games to your tablet and phones is very intriguing. Probably won't fare well with intense PS3 titles after it goes live, but PSOne titles should run like butter. Its a pretty interesting concept that may take off and it's not required. If you couldn't give a rats ass about those legacy systems... than keep playing your 4. There are PLENTY of titles coming out to occupy your time.

#110 Posted by AzatiS (7516 posts) -

@tymeservesfate:

So who looks great ? Xbox one or Wii U ( considering Wii U is some months before its 2nd birthday ? ) Noone does imho

#111 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150710 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: This is essentially backwards compatibility that you pay for. Few people use it when it's free and included with a system, outside of Vita users I don't see many people using this. Once you go next gen you typically don't go back.

Speak for yourself. Some people do play old games....on old consoles.

#112 Posted by tymeservesfate (1669 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

now i LOL'd. hahaha

@LJS9502_basic said:

And? That still goes to my question...what idiot would trade in a console and controllers?

i just told you dingbat. the fuck...people/casuals who are trying to save some money on a system trade in deal. who are now ironically being charged out the asshole by Sony because of added feature fees. nice to know you pretend to be an intellectual on these boards though...pretend being the word of emphasis here lol.

I see the problem now. My point is over your head. If someone is stupid enough to trade in a console that's their fault. They can either do without out or re buy what they need. It's not necessary to have the PS3 controller.

ok

#113 Edited by tymeservesfate (1669 posts) -

@AzatiS said:

@tymeservesfate:

So who looks great ? Xbox one or Wii U ( considering Wii U is some months before its 2nd birthday ? ) Noone does imho

that's one way to look at it. i literally don't know a thing about the Wii U and whats going on with it. except that it's having a hard time catching on...i havent been following it. but they did over do it with the gimmick controller thing. and i guess the casuals werent up for falling for it again. a lot of Wii's collected dust at the end of last gen. it was a fad console.

which is fucked up because Nintendo games are good. but the industry is moving more towards multipurpose consoles with large 3rd party offerings like XB1 and ps4. that's the best i can go with it because i'm not informed enough on the Wii U/Nintendo's situation at all, lol.

#114 Posted by ni6htmare01 (930 posts) -

What sup with SW lately? Everything is like 3 hardcore Lems vs tons of Cow lol

#115 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

so you have to rebuy a ps3 controller to play ps3 games too now i'm hearing?? they couldnt announce this before launching so people could have at least kept one ds3 for themselves and save some money??

I stopped reading right there. Why would I not have a PS3 controller? The PS4 will not play my PS3 games, which means I will be keeping my PS3 when I buy the PS4. If you sold your PS3 to buy the PS4, then you also sold your PS3 games, which means you clearly had no intention of playing them again. So why would you rebuy those games or use the service?

#116 Posted by iwasgood2u (775 posts) -

@ni6htmare01: because many of the lems have been killed off by the cows or they dug a hole to hide until next gen.

#117 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6760 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Thank you. Someone seeing the light. Everything Sony announces, cows run off with it like the greatest thing was just announced.

Truth is, PS Now is just a second rate joke. A feature that will be there if you need it and used very little. Nothing more.

And Xbox fans don't do the same? Give me a break.

No, we don't as a matter of fact.

#118 Edited by tymeservesfate (1669 posts) -

@Couth_: your long term memory sucks then.

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@tymeservesfate said:

so you have to rebuy a ps3 controller to play ps3 games too now i'm hearing?? they couldnt announce this before launching so people could have at least kept one ds3 for themselves and save some money??

I stopped reading right there. Why would I not have a PS3 controller? The PS4 will not play my PS3 games, which means I will be keeping my PS3 when I buy the PS4. If you sold your PS3 to buy the PS4, then you also sold your PS3 games, which means you clearly had no intention of playing them again. So why would you rebuy those games or use the service?

that's a very shallow self centered way to look at the situation honestly. since it doesnt affect you personally, it's a non-issue?

anyway, the main issue is all the charges popping up with this system. i hear cows complain about Xbox Live and its ONE paywall but are now all for Sony nickle and diming them with paywalls for all these services is fine. that's a hell of a shift from last gen. you guys went from, "i'm appalled buy the thought of paying for online play." to,

"wow this is great. for a fee i get access too music unlimited...video unlimited...my TV app...my online play...PlayStation Now, where i can subscribe then rebuy opps, i mean rent, all the games i loved last gen without having to have an old console taking up space in my home. and if i support Sony even more and buy a Bravia tv, along with rebuying the controllers i sold to get a ps4, i can RENT the games straight from there! this is great!!" O_o

Xbox Live has 81 features behind its paywall while Sony is taking the route of trying to charge for as many features as they possible can. so if cows want an experience something similar to its next gen counterparts they end up paying close, if not more, too the hundred dollars they saved buying the system. pay or deal with a watered down console is the deal. pay on the individual basis for backwards compatibility is the deal. and you guys are rolling with it...its completely hypocritical honestly. and it should be an outrage. slapping a charge on backwards compatibility and you don't even get to own the games LMAO smh.

and people in this thread say its sinking low or sad bringing this up...was it low for cows pointing and laughing at Xbox Live's one subscription charge for the last 8 years? its sinking low now since you guys are getting it worst than lems ever had it though, huh? i've never seen a group whine so much...seriously, u can dish it out but can't see to take it at all.

#119 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (2877 posts) -

If it is subscription based like PS+ or even included within PS+ then it will be a very cool service. If they charge on an individual basis, like with downloads currently, and then you have to stream it, then I would never use it. I don't buy the download version currently, so I would never pay for individual streams of games.

#120 Edited by RedentSC (627 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

so you have to rebuy a ps3 controller to play ps3 games too now i'm hearing?? they couldnt announce this before launching so people could have at least kept one ds3 for themselves and save some money?? along with them admitting that the quality of the games rented might be sub par. well, it makes them staying quiet about this and so other many expensive details not so shocking now...if you work for them. i wonder what the subscription packages will be with this Playstation Now thing...that'll be interesting.

the hidden charges are all over the place with this thing. psn plus fee, music unlimited fee, video unlimited fee, television app fee, playstation now subscription fee to RENT games....having to rebuy old controllers to play games you rent from your playstation now subscription. no wonder they felt comfortable knocking a hundred dollars off the PS4. because they were planning on overloading their customers with tons of side fees to recoup it all smh. thats a fucked up underhanded business practice Sony.

really, Sony fanboys are taking a bullet with this one. the Micro-transactionStation 4.

see yah later Playstation Now smh.

Yea a few issues with this

1) You only need the DS3 for use with Tablets and Smartphones.. PS4 used the DS4

= Seriously.. you were expecting 18 buttons/ 2x4 analogue stick axis and a 6axis motion control to be emulated on a touch screen? insanity

2) All these subs you mentioned are OPTIONAL. If you want them you can, if not no worries. Must will buy Plus because its just an amazing package no matter which way you spin it, but also most will buy PSNow for the Backward Compatibility. Who the f**k buys Music and Video unlimited? really?

3) Of course its gonna be lower RES... its entirely dependant on your internet connection. Are you miffed that netflix videos are not as clear as blue ray? no so shut up

#121 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4165 posts) -

@iwasgood2u:

Or maybe they realized what a piece of shit the X1 was and bought PS4.

#122 Edited by JohnF111 (14089 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

Cry moar. Who gets rid of consoles and controllers?

idiots who trade in their consoles for the new consoles and then cry about how they miss playing some game that was on the console they just traded.

Seriously kids, Keep your systems.

Yeah it's hilarious seeing these kind of posts. "OH My GAWD!! it has no backward compatibility!! How could you... Now I need a PS3 controller!!" - Go to ebay and buy one for a few pennies. Moaning fools.

#123 Posted by TexasBoi98 (17 posts) -
@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@tymeservesfate said:

that's a very shallow self centered way to look at the situation honestly. since it doesnt affect you personally, it's a non-issue?

it is a non-issue or at least not a very big one. Even if all 4.2 million PS4 sales came from previous PS3 owners (who somehow all decided to sell their consoles/controllers), that's still 96% of the PS3 userbase (who will also have access to Playstation Now) that will not have to purchase a DS3 controller.

#124 Edited by Couth_ (10059 posts) -
#125 Edited by good_sk8er7 (4321 posts) -

All of those services, are optional.

If you don't like it don't pay for it.

#126 Edited by Cranler (8809 posts) -

Would it really be that hard to make the games compatible with the DS 4? It's got all the same buttons ffs.

#127 Posted by tymeservesfate (1669 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@tymeservesfate: So you admit that you are full of shit.. lmao

here's another doosey i just wrote:

it doesnt matter, it still cost. we never had to pay for backwards compatibility....ever. now Sony has it that you have to ditch the games you do have and re-rent them. its a blatant fuck over to their consumer. it doesnt matter if the rentals are a penny each. especially since the price of past playstation games are going to drop like a rock because of this, the physical copies. because Sony is going digital rental service. why would gamestop or anyone give you a good price for your games now. with Playstation Now n next gen here they're useless. so now ur going to lose money on trade-ins AND you have to pay to rent the games loved again, smh. the situation is fucked up.

seeing cows crow about this is odd...especially since the Xbox Live fee was suppose to be a big deal to them for so long. if that was then how is Sony making you pay for games twice not. especially when the second time you pay its only to rent.

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/games/sony-announces-cloudbased-gaming-tv-services-as-playstation-4-sales-top-42-million-20140108-30gd1.html

#128 Edited by tymeservesfate (1669 posts) -

@texasboi98 said:
@tymeservesfate said:
@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@tymeservesfate said:

it is a non-issue or at least not a very big one. Even if all 4.2 million PS4 sales came from previous PS3 owners (who somehow all decided to sell their consoles/controllers), that's still 96% of the PS3 userbase (who will also have access to Playstation Now) that will not have to purchase a DS3 controller.

a non-issue?? this is why its an issue. it doesnt matter, it still cost. we never had to pay for backwards compatibility....ever. now Sony has it that you have to ditch the games you do have and re-rent them. its a blatant fuck over to their consumer. it doesnt matter if the rentals are a penny each. especially since the price of past playstation games are going to drop like a rock because of this, the physical copies. because Sony is going digital rental service. why would gamestop or anyone give you a good price for your games now. with Playstation Now n next gen here they're useless. so now ur going to lose money on trade-ins AND you have to pay to rent the games loved again, smh. the situation is fucked up.

seeing cows crow about this is odd...especially since the Xbox Live fee was suppose to be a big deal to them for so long. if that was then how is Sony making you pay for games twice not. especially when the second time you pay its only to rent.

@RedentSC:

you have a lot of excuses there bud? and a lot of selfish thinking.

this is the biggest scam i've seen a company try and pull in years. and Sony fans are applauding it lol. yea you can say its optional n this and that. doesnt make it not an issue. they're making you all pay for every little thing now. the system is watered down and if you want to get the full experience of it you have to pay Sony...not just one, or twice. they keep throwing little charges all over the ps4....or make reasons why u need to buy shii like the ds3. Sony is hurting for money and they're using every way they can think of to nickle and dime their consumers to recoup it. all these conspiracy theories about microsoft and you cows can't even see ur own situation?? wow

#129 Edited by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

I concur

#130 Edited by j2zon2591 (2239 posts) -

It isn't for me neither.

I'll give it 2-3 years tho.. if it's still crap by then or MS and NV demolishes PS Now's quality within that timeframe then I'd be sad for Sony.

#131 Edited by tymeservesfate (1669 posts) -

@JohnF111 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

idiots who trade in their consoles for the new consoles and then cry about how they miss playing some game that was on the console they just traded.

Yeah it's hilarious seeing these kind of posts. "OH My GAWD!! it has no backward compatibility!! How could you... Now I need a PS3 controller!!" - Go to ebay and buy one for a few pennies. Moaning fools.

wow...just throw the money around huh? were you one of the ones making a big deal about the XB1 costing a hundred dollars more? i hope not. u don't have to, but you should read the last couple of posts i wrote and understand what i'm actually saying. because it seems to have went completely over ur head.

#132 Posted by danjammer69 (4115 posts) -

... A feature that will be there if you need it and used very little. Nothing more.

Holy crap man, that sounds JUST LIKE Kinect and the TV features for Xbone.

#133 Posted by Chutebox (36996 posts) -

Can't you already use the DS4 for the PS3?

#134 Posted by tymeservesfate (1669 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

Can't you already use the DS4 for the PS3?

yes, that's another reason why its strange....

#135 Posted by ACP_45 (429 posts) -

Xbox 360 had this way back as well.

You could play old Xbox original games.

I remember playing Splinter Cell Chaos Theory on my Xbox 360.

Freakin’ Awesome game.

But I guess they took it off because the Xbox Original games got old and no one played them anymore so they basically took them down after 3 or 4 years.

I guess this will happen with PS3 games as well.

But it will only happen in 3 years when it’s sort of outdated but for now getting that God Of War 3 on my PS4 will be awesome.

I hope they don’t charge for the game and the service.

-_-

Please note that what Sony is doing has been done before and isn’t new.

So please stop acting like this is the best thing and that Microsoft didn’t see this one coming.

MS did this a long time ago.

In fact they only asked you to pay 5$ for one of the Old Xbox Games.

So stop all of this glorifying.

It’s a good for Sony to do this.

#136 Edited by GravityX (712 posts) -

Self imposed DRM, awesome strategy.

#137 Edited by tymeservesfate (1669 posts) -

@acp_45 said:

Xbox 360 had this way back as well.

You could play old Xbox original games.

I remember playing Splinter Cell Chaos Theory on my Xbox 360.

Freakin’ Awesome game.

But I guess they took it off because the Xbox Original games got old and no one played them anymore so they basically took them down after 3 or 4 years.

I guess this will happen with PS3 games as well.

But it will only happen in 3 years when it’s sort of outdated but for now getting that God Of War 3 on my PS4 will be awesome.

I hope they don’t charge for the game and the service.

-_-

Please note that what Sony is doing has been done before and isn’t new.

So please stop acting like this is the best thing and that Microsoft didn’t see this one coming.

MS did this a long time ago.

In fact they only asked you to pay 5$ for one of the Old Xbox Games.

So stop all of this glorifying.

It’s a good for Sony to do this.

no its actually very different.

for one, with Xbox original you downloaded the game, not streamed it. there was no need to deal with the games being in bad quality. it was the game how it was meant to be.

two, you OWNED the game. Playstation Now is a rental service. they can take the game away again if the money stops.

three, its a charge for backwards compatibility. this is the first time ever where the FULL feature of backwards compatibility was behind a paywall. that not one game of yours will you be able to grab the disk n pop it into ur next gen system. that you HAVE to do it through paying or last gen is the past for you. on a next gen system.

playstation now is basically making you pay to play a shitty port....for a while. as the only option. besides it being a blatant fuck over, its disappointing to me personally. because i wanted to get a PS4 eventually to play all the ps3 games i missed finally. but its a scam to keep ur money flowing to Sony. to have you rent a game you love, or that u want to finally try...let you play it for a while then take it away. then a few years down the line during a slow gaming period if you want to play the oldie but a goodie again...u have to rent it, again...for a while LOL. it would be a little more attractive if you actually owned the game...but renting them...nooooo, smh.

#138 Posted by ACP_45 (429 posts) -

@tymeservesfate: I know what you mean.

People need to realize that Sony cares more about their money and that’s what companies do.

A lot of people have been praising Sony for what they have done.

Now this PS Now is considered as good because Sony created it. Just shows you hard- headedness at it’s finest.

Play your PS4 for the games not to bash other companies or glorify your company for all the good things they’ve brought you because every company has a greedy side and everyone knows that. You just have to accept.

This is mainly why I kept my PS3 and Xbox 360.

Although I didn’t buy a lot of PS3 exclusives during last gen.

I used my Xbox 360 more.

But now would be the best time to buy all those games like Demon Souls, Uncharted etc. Plus the price of these games aren’t what they were.

That’s why you should rather have kept you old console because you would likely pay more for these games to rent than what you would buying them at a retailer.

#139 Edited by LJS9502_basic (150710 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

no its actually very different.

for one, with Xbox original you downloaded the game, not streamed it. there was no need to deal with the games being in bad quality. it was the game how it was meant to be.

two, you OWNED the game. Playstation Now is a rental service. they can take the game away again if the money stops.

three, its a charge for backwards compatibility. this is the first time ever where the FULL feature of backwards compatibility was behind a paywall. that not one game of yours will you be able to grab the disk n pop it into ur next gen system. that you HAVE to do it through paying or last gen is the past for you. on a next gen system.

playstation now is basically making you pay to play a shitty port....for a while. as the only option. besides it being a blatant fuck over, its disappointing to me personally. because i wanted to get a PS4 eventually to play all the ps3 games i missed finally. but its a scam to keep ur money flowing to Sony. to have you rent a game you love, or that u want to finally try...let you play it for a while then take it away. then a few years down the line during a slow gaming period if you want to play the oldie but a goodie again...u have to rent it, again...for a while LOL. it would be a little more attractive if you actually owned the game...but renting them...nooooo, smh.

First....you don't have to use it at all. It's there if someone wants to play an older game. If you want to own a game.....get a PS3. They aren't that expensive. Then you can buy all the games you want....AND KEEP THEM.

Seccond.....seriously this is such a stupid thing to cry about. Do you cry that Netflix or Amazon only lets you rent a movie?

#140 Edited by speedfog (3113 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

I don't remember cows going on so many delusional and outright false tirades when the PS3 was struggling.. Lems are a sad, sick bunch

I do.

#142 Posted by MBirdy88 (8047 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Umm, clearly lots of people or there wouldn't be any need for this service in the first place.

If they can't afford a new console...they shouldn't get one. *shrugs*

retarded logic. but then its expected of console gamers bending over backwards and having backwards compatibility removed.

lets all keep 9-10 gaming systems in our house.... yea...

#143 Posted by tymeservesfate (1669 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: that's the issue though. some people were looking forward to being able to go next gen and catch up on titles they missed with its backwards compatibility. buying a ps3 to compensate for what the ps4 is lacking does not sound like a good answer to me. it just sounds like a way to try and not have Sony look as bad as they do on this honestly. buy a ps3 lol....Sony's service sounds gimped and shady..."well you should just buy a ps3 for a few hundred dollars so you don't have to deal with playstation now "O_o

the thread is about Sony trying to milk gamers for money in petty ways and your answer is people should put a few hundred dollars into one of their older systems instead of going next gen, really? or are you saying the best bet is to buy a ps4 and ps3 smh? your answer is to give Sony even more money than they'd probably get from the Playstation Now service...really?? wow....cows all last gen gave lems shit about the Xbox Live fee and now after this news its "not a big deal...just find the best way to let them milk you or deal with a watered down next gen console" i'm in awe of the hypocrisy, lol

@acp_45 said:

@tymeservesfate: I know what you mean.

People need to realize that Sony cares more about their money and that’s what companies do.

A lot of people have been praising Sony for what they have done.

Now this PS Now is considered as good because Sony created it. Just shows you hard- headedness at it’s finest.

Play your PS4 for the games not to bash other companies or glorify your company for all the good things they’ve brought you because every company has a greedy side and everyone knows that. You just have to accept.

This is mainly why I kept my PS3 and Xbox 360.

Although I didn’t buy a lot of PS3 exclusives during last gen.

I used my Xbox 360 more.

But now would be the best time to buy all those games like Demon Souls, Uncharted etc. Plus the price of these games aren’t what they were.

That’s why you should rather have kept you old console because you would likely pay more for these games to rent than what you would buying them at a retailer.

yea, it looks like i might going Xbox One/PS3 for the next gen.

i didnt even care or think about Playstation Now when it was announce. i didnt look into it at first...it had been announced for a couple days before i actually looked into it. actually the only reason i did look into it was because i saw all these threads praising it. i got curious. so i went to go see what the deal was and just thought, 'WTF??'.

idk if cows and people are trying to cover for Sony with this praise or they just didnt fully get what they are pulling. but it's pretty clear cut for me. Playstation Now is just a tool to get some ongoing cash flow for Sony, period. the service would be great to have...IF it was a part of PSN Plus, along with you being able to actually own the games. oh, and if streaming games was actually a good quality service lol. but as of right now its just a condescending "F you, pay me" to their users to get themselves out of a hole they got into. next gen for cows is basically them paying a bunch of online fees for different services while Lems are only paying one. crazy how things got flipped from one gen to the next.

#144 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150710 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: that's the issue though. some people were looking forward to being able to go next gen and catch up on titles they missed with its backwards compatibility. buying a ps3 to compensate for what the ps4 is lacking does not sound like a good answer to me. it just sounds like a way to try and not have Sony look as bad as they do on this honestly. buy a ps3 lol....Sony's service sounds gimped and shady..."well you should just buy a ps3 for a few hundred dollars so you don't have to deal with playstation now "O_o

the thread is about Sony trying to milk gamers for money in petty ways and your answer is people should put a few hundred dollars into one of their older systems instead of going next gen, really? or are you saying the best bet is to buy a ps4 and ps3 smh? your answer is to give Sony even more money than they'd probably get from the Playstation Now service...really?? wow....cows all last gen gave lems shit about the Xbox Live fee and now after this news its "not a big deal...just find the best way to let them milk you or deal with a watered down next gen console" i'm in awe of the hypocrisy, lol

t look into it at first...it had been announced for a couple days before i actually looked into it. actually the only reason i did look into it was because i saw all these threads praising it. i got curious. so i went to go see what the deal was and just thought, 'WTF??'.

idk if cows and people are trying to cover for Sony with this praise or they just didnt fully get what they are pulling. but it's pretty clear cut for me. Playstation Now is just a tool to get some ongoing cash flow for Sony, period. the service would be great to have...IF it was a part of PSN Plus, along with you being able to actually own the games. oh, and if streaming games was actually a good quality service lol. but as of right now its just a condescending "F you, pay me" to their users to get themselves out of a hole they got into. next gen for cows is basically them paying a bunch of online fees for different services while Lems are only paying one. crazy how things got flipped from one gen to the next.

Then they are fools. Not that many consoles in the history of gaming WERE backwards compatible. MS had "some" games that could be played on the 360 from their first console. But it wasn't true BC. Sony had the PS2 play PS1 games...and only the first PS3s were PS2 compatible. If someone is that stupid that they don't see console makers don't regularly include BC anymore...then that is their own fault. I don't buy a new console to play older games. If I wanted to play those games...I'd have that console. Which I do.

Sony is giving you the option to play the games if that is what you want. You don't have to have the console. I just think your logic sucks. You whine you want to play PS3 games.....and there has been something in existence for years now does just that. And it's not as expensive as new console. Give you three guesses what that is....the first 2 don't count.

No one is covering for anyone. If you want to play something...you pay for it. Period. Stop with the entitlement whining. It's fucking ridiculous that you want a free ride.

And news flash...everyone that thinks you're acting childish over this is not automatically a cow.

#145 Posted by tymeservesfate (1669 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: got it, Sony is helping the industry go backwards and cashing in on it, got it.

#146 Posted by JohnF111 (14089 posts) -

@JohnF111 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

wow...just throw the money around huh? were you one of the ones making a big deal about the XB1 costing a hundred dollars more? i hope not. u don't have to, but you should read the last couple of posts i wrote and understand what i'm actually saying. because it seems to have went completely over ur head.

I don't know what you're whining about, there have been no details of if it'll cost anything for PS+ customers so implying that it's going to be £10 a month on top of PS+ is just stupid. Also requiring a PS3 controller only applies to using the service on a TV or tablet, weird I agree that the DS4 is not supported but who cares, you're just whining for the sake of it at this point.

#147 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150710 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: got it, Sony is helping the industry go backwards and cashing in on it, got it.

So the Xbox One plays 360 discs? Oh wait....

#148 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

ITT: Thread backfire. OP is an ignorant lemming.

#150 Posted by cainetao11 (17341 posts) -

I don't know dude, I can see me using it a lot. Especially since I wont need a PS console to do it.