i'm sorry System Wars but PS Now DOES NOT seem great...

• 190 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

so you have to rebuy a ps3 controller to play ps3 games too now i'm hearing?? they couldnt announce this before launching so people could have at least kept one ds3 for themselves and save some money?? along with them admitting that the quality of the games rented might be sub par. well, it makes them staying quiet about this and so other many expensive details not so shocking now...if you work for them. i wonder what the subscription packages will be with this Playstation Now thing...that'll be interesting.

the hidden charges are all over the place with this thing. psn plus fee, music unlimited fee, video unlimited fee, television app fee, playstation now subscription fee to RENT games....having to rebuy old controllers to play games you rent from your playstation now subscription. no wonder they felt comfortable knocking a hundred dollars off the PS4. because they were planning on overloading their customers with tons of side fees to recoup it all smh. thats a fucked up underhanded business practice Sony.

really, Sony fanboys are taking a bullet with this one. the Micro-transactionStation 4.

see yah later Playstation Now smh.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

4.2 million! Sold out everywhere! Stay mad bro.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Cry moar. Who gets rid of consoles and controllers?

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

I will be enjoying it. signed up for the beta.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

It's an Okay Alternative.

As long as they don't charge you for each individual game it'll be fine.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Thank you. Someone seeing the light. Everything Sony announces, cows run off with it like the greatest thing was just announced.

Truth is, PS Now is just a second rate joke. A feature that will be there if you need it and used very little. Nothing more.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LJS9502_basic

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Thank you. Someone seeing the light. Everything Sony announces, cows run off with it like the greatest thing was just announced.

Truth is, PS Now is just a second rate joke. A feature that will be there if you need it and used very little. Nothing more.

LOL dude....you keep telling yourself that.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

idiots who trade in their consoles for the new consoles and then cry about how they miss playing some game that was on the console they just traded.

Seriously kids, Keep your systems.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Poor cows in denial again.

$ony is more greedy then MS now.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

What did you expect from a company that has laid off 15,000 people in two years, sold buildings to help pay the bills, and can't put out decent exclusives until 3 years into its console's life cycle. Being broke is not a redeeming quality when you are trying to build a business. Sony has to build it on the backs of their brain dead audience that will gobble anything up as long as Sony tells them it is good.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

lmao lems still rattled over PS Now four days on.

Andy House and the SCE Crew are going to wreck your Exbucks asses. Hide yo Kinect, hide yo NFL app.

Muffin2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Muffin2020
Member since 2013 • 534 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I lol'd.

Ha - Look he is trying to brainwash himself by repeating the same sentence.

If you say it enough I guess it will be true.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FoxbatAlpha

I ROFL'd at the DS3 having to be used. Cows finally can come up for air and use a decent controller and now they are being thrust back into the stone age.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FoxbatAlpha

@muffin2020 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I lol'd.

Ha - Look he is trying to brainwash himself by repeating the same sentence.

If you say it enough I guess it will be true.

Did you know Project Foxbat was a top secret weapon developed by the Germans late in WWII? It was a bomb developed that was non-nuclear but still the most powerful weapon of its day.

Alpha was the first phase of its implementation into the theater of combat.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tymeservesfate
@LJS9502_basic said:

what are you talking about? Sony and Microsoft both had system trade in campaigns right before each system launched. THOSE people traded in their systems and accessories, smh. anyway, my issue is that they could have gave a heads up about the controller at least.

i know Sony is trying to find ways to make money quick because of their financial situation, but damn. its a month after launch...they knew people would have to keep a controller last month to use PS Now lol. don't make people have to rebuy something they just sold to buy your new console. it's fucked up scenario to me .

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LJS9502_basic

@tymeservesfate said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

what are you talking about? Sony and Microsoft both had system trade in campaigns right before each system launched. THOSE people traded in their systems and accessories, smh. anyway, my issue is that they could have gave a heads up about the controller at least.

i know Sony is trying to find ways to make money quick because of their financial situation, but damn. its a month after launch...they knew people would have to keep a controller last month to use PS Now lol. don't make people have to rebuy something they just sold to buy your new console. it's fucked up to me scenario.

And? That still goes to my question...what idiot would trade in a console and controllers?

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Lems are sinking low

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
@LJS9502_basic said:

Umm, clearly lots of people or there wouldn't be any need for this service in the first place.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

If you don't like it then don't use it. It really is that simple.

Lets be realistic. You don't like sony, yeah we all get that. But how does their product or service effect you personally? If someone else on the other side of the country you don't know or will never uses their products or services how does that effect you? It doesn't.

And so what if you need a new controller? If someone is willing to pay for one (if they don't own one already that is) then that's their business because to them its obviously worth it. I would never spend 75,000 dollars on a car but a lot of people do because its worth it to them. But you seem to be confusing your blind hatred and fanboy idiocy for a company name with personal opinion because its making you think your opinion should be stated as a fact when its just purely a personal opinion of a single random internet stranger and nothing more.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic

@bobbetybob said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Umm, clearly lots of people or there wouldn't be any need for this service in the first place.

If they can't afford a new console...they shouldn't get one. *shrugs*

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

This is a good service for Kids who never got the chance to play some PS1 classics like Crash bandicoot and Jak.

I personally won't be using this service because i lived through all PS gens and keep my consoles.

Sony isn't holding a gun to your head to use it. The cheaper option for us is to keep our PS3's and have zero lag on games.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

so you have to rebuy a ps3 controller to play ps3 games too now i'm hearing??

Source? I find that really hard to believe.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

I have absolutely no interest in PlayStation Now. There is no way that it will be as flawless as playing the game off of disc (especially when I've heard that the technology that it is based off of, Gaikai, was terrible). And I just hate the whole idea of streaming games. I like to own my games so that I can make sure that it is always available to me anytime I want it and nobody can ever take it away from me.

I'm just going to keep my PlayStation 3.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

Anybody who thinks this isnt going to be Onlive 2.0 is fooling themselves.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Shewgenja

@StrongDeadlift said:

Mind if I borrow your crystal ball?

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tymeservesfate

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I ROFL'd at the DS3 having to be used. Cows finally can come up for air and use a decent controller and now they are being thrust back into the stone age.

now i LOL'd. hahaha

@LJS9502_basic said:

@tymeservesfate said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

i know Sony is trying to find ways to make money quick because of their financial situation, but damn. its a month after launch...they knew people would have to keep a controller last month to use PS Now lol. don't make people have to rebuy something they just sold to buy your new console. it's fucked up to me scenario.

And? That still goes to my question...what idiot would trade in a console and controllers?

i just told you dingbat. the ****...people/casuals who are trying to save some money on a system trade in deal. who are now ironically being charged out the asshole by Sony because of added feature fees. nice to know you pretend to be an intellectual on these boards though...pretend being the word of emphasis here lol.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

One of the best features to have ever been put into video games in the history of video games. Only on SONY,

Innovation-->Technology-->FUN

We are humbled SONY.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart:

The only time I've ever traded in a console was a PS2 for the original 60gb PS3 with backwards compatibility. It was a good deal until I got the YLOD 4 years later, rendering my PS2 library useless. Once bitten, twice shy...

@tymeservesfate:

And I thought FoxbatAlpha was clown-shoes... You need to check your blood pressure, chief. Your dumb-fuckery is only feeding the cow trolls who seem to own your soul.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tymeservesfate

@Sweenix said:

Lems are sinking low

and i wonder how low you go lol. that pic of draped across the floor, hair all messy n feminine in that thread was....well, how much you running for sweetcheeks ;)

whatever cows...you guys were bitching about Xboxers getting milked by MS all last gen over Xbox Live fees. and now in this gen Sony adds all these fees and you have the nerve to act as if its good business by a caring company. Sony always finds a way to make these guys humble themselves and look hypocritical idiots.

@Sushiglutton said:

@tymeservesfate said:

so you have to rebuy a ps3 controller to play ps3 games too now i'm hearing??

Source? I find that really hard to believe.

there's a link in the opening post. its a video from IGN.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FoxbatAlpha

@Heil68 said:

One of the best features to have ever been put into video games in the history of video games. Only on SONY,

Innovation-->Technology-->FUN

We are humbled SONY.

Well said brother. Can I get a "awweee yeaaahh" in that robotic voice thingy you used on Pedal to the Metal!!???

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@StrongDeadlift said:

To add to your own personal collection that tells you the Xbox One will fail or under perform at every level throughout the gen despite it being barely 2 months old, lol :)

On topic, PSNow and whatever MS is cooking up will succeed or fail based on two things.

Price and how fast does your internet speed need to be for the game to be playable. Im worried there lag just won't allow you to enjoy the games. Overall I have no interest in backward compatibility so its lot on me. But Sony TV, provided they can nail some key channels if the price is reasonable alot of cable buyers would ditch the box to save money, even bumping their internet speeds up a bit to use the service. Its going to be interesting and no doubt MS is working on something like that too.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By tymeservesfate

@Heil68: i have to agree

@bforrester420 said:

@LegatoSkyheart:

The only time I've ever traded in a console was a PS2 for the original 60gb PS3 with backwards compatibility. It was a good deal until I got the YLOD 4 years later, rendering my PS2 library useless. Once bitten, twice shy...

@tymeservesfate:

And I thought FoxbatAlpha was clown-shoes... You need to check your blood pressure, chief. Your dumb-fuckery is only feeding the cow trolls who seem to own your soul.

i hear yah buddy smh....moving on.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

idiots who trade in their consoles for the new consoles and then cry about how they miss playing some game that was on the console they just traded.

This statement could not be more right.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

It really just depends on what it ends up costing. It's really not worth more than about $10 per year, considering the PSN+ fee that already exists.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Animal-Mother

@kuu2 said:

What did you expect from a company that has laid off 15,000 people in two years, sold buildings to help pay the bills, and can't put out decent exclusives until 3 years into its console's life cycle. Being broke is not a redeeming quality when you are trying to build a business. Sony has to build it on the backs of their brain dead audience that will gobble anything up as long as Sony tells them it is good.

If the PS audience is brain dead, then you lems are all DOA ahhahhahahahahahahah.

SO much butt hurt from you.

4.2 million sold, you jelly?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Animal-Mother

@PurpleMan5000 said:

It really just depends on what it ends up costing. It's really not worth more than about $10 per year, considering the PSN+ fee that already exists.

If it bumps up the PS+ subscription by 10 bucks I wouldn't care at all.

I'd say 10 dollars more for Plus subs

and 20 dollars on off device subs, if the library is extensive that is.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Big difference is that Sony isn't forcing this on its consumers.

Unlike MS with the casual gimmick aka kinect.

Also, PS4 is winning. So try again OP, because you fail each time.

CHOOOO!!! CHOOOOO!!!

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By kuu2

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

If the PS audience is brain dead, then you lems are all DOA ahhahhahahahahahahah.

One more Sony Fan that brings up 4.2 in a thread that has nothing to do with sales. Sony Fan are truly insecure.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

One more Sony Fan that brings up 4.2 in a thread that has nothing to do with sales. Sony Fan are truly insecure.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts
@tymeservesfate said:

so you have to rebuy a ps3 controller to play ps3 games too now i'm hearing?? they couldnt announce this before launching so people could have at least kept one ds3 for themselves and save some money?? along with them admitting that the quality of the games rented might be sub par. well, it makes them staying quiet about this and so other many expensive details not so shocking now...if you work for them. i wonder what the subscription packages will be with this Playstation Now thing...that'll be interesting.

the hidden charges are all over the place with this thing. psn plus fee, music unlimited fee, video unlimited fee, television app fee, playstation now subscription fee to RENT games....having to rebuy old controllers to play games you rent from your playstation now subscription. no wonder they felt comfortable knocking a hundred dollars off the PS4. because they were planning on overloading their customers with tons of side fees to recoup it all smh. thats a fucked up underhanded business practice Sony.

really, Sony fanboys are taking a bullet with this one. the Micro-transactionStation 4.

see yah later Playstation Now smh.

Loading Video...

Go home little boy seriously

Hidden Fee's??????

PS+ is optional, you can still watch your tv apps for FREE, and the only thing you pay for is netflix, unlike microsofts xbox live which the only way you can watch netflix is by paying xbox live gold so where is the hidden fee's for sony ???

music unlimited is optional no one needs to buy into that, and the video stuff is free :S

free to play games are FREE.

no you don't need an old controller, thats only for sony bravia tv's app.

i'm pretty sure i've got 5 retail games 7 free games to play, i mean honestly we no the fee's for the optional stuff so there not hidden.

Playstation Now is a great idea, for anyone who never played these games, or people who fancy going back and playing them, if it works has to be seen of course, and all the doom and gloomers in here are getting really boring now, it brings more games to people that is something good.

i wouldn't be surprised if microsoft bring out something similar down the line.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Animal-Mother

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

lol, are you sure. FIrst off I have an xbox one. Second off it's awesome watching you grasp at straws. Thirr so much butthurt.

You brought the company status into question in a thread that has nothing to do with it. Hypocrite. So have fun contributing absolutely nothing to the thread silly goose.

I have a question did sony run over your kitten? Did it touch you? What's the matter it's ok you can tell me.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@StrongDeadlift said:

To add to your own personal collection that tells you the Xbox One will fail or under perform at every level throughout the gen despite it being barely 2 months old, lol :)

On topic, PSNow and whatever MS is cooking up will succeed or fail based on two things.

Price and how fast does your internet speed need to be for the game to be playable. Im worried there lag just won't allow you to enjoy the games. Overall I have no interest in backward compatibility so its lot on me. But Sony TV, provided they can nail some key channels if the price is reasonable alot of cable buyers would ditch the box to save money, even bumping their internet speeds up a bit to use the service. Its going to be interesting and no doubt MS is working on something like that too.

Dont worry, I had no intention of debating with him, because I am positive that on an objective level he doesnt disagree with anything I said, or actually care about the subject matter.

He only responded to me because its something Sony related, and he views me as an antagonist to it (and by extension, himself). Not because he actually thinks this cloud platform is going to live up to the hype, or that the market is ready for something like this (broadband speeds, latency, etc).

To anyone who has used Onlive and Gaikai (before Sony took the original service offline), this is a perfectly reasonable, objective statement. To a moo moo cow, however, I just called the sky green.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By kuu2

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

lol, are you sure. FIrst off I have an xbox one. Second off it's awesome watching you grasp at straws. Thirr so much butthurt.

You brought the company status into question in a thread that has nothing to do with it. Hypocrite. So have fun contributing absolutely nothing to the thread silly goose.

I have a question did sony run over your kitten? Did it touch you? What's the matter it's ok you can tell me.

Bringing up financials in a thread about milking the fanbase for old games they already own is for sure on topic. Sony has no money it roles into everything the company does and does not do.

I actually will buy a PauperStation4 eventually when they actually have compelling software just like I did with the PelayStation3.

And just because you own the console does not mean you don't have a preference. I had a PS3 but it did not mean I didn't prefer my 36o.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

why you just can't use the DS4? I don't get it....

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By kuu2
@Animal-Mother said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

This statement could not be more right.

At least we agree on something. I have a One but I kept my 36o for this exact reason.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Animal-Mother

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

Bringing up financials in a thread about milking the fanbase for old games they already own is for sure on topic. Sony has no money it roles into everything the company does and does not do.

I actually will buy a PauperStation4 eventually when they actually have compelling software just like I did with the PelayStation3.

And just because you own the console does not mean you don't have a preference. I had a PS3 but it did not mean I didn't prefer my 36o.

No I personally don't have a preference as I am a gamer not some lunatic on a message worried about trolling a fanbase.

I've found an image of what normally goes on when you're around though :D 4.2 million sold so jelly. Only argument you can ever come up with is financials.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

It may not be ideal, but personally I think its a great way to play your old favorites on a new system. Wish MS had something similar, to be honest.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Shewgenja

ITT:

People saying Sonys cloud will fail

Probably logging into their Netflix after work today.