I'm pissed about 720p, convince me to buy an X1

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by remiks00 (2161 posts) -

@theshensolidus said:

Alright, i'll take a shot at this click-bait post (no offense):

Get it if you find the game experiences it offers enjoyable. If there are things about them or the console itself that you don't enjoy, or you feel you can be better served elsewhere, then don't get it. It's no one's prerogative, fanboy or not, to convince you to buy something that you're on the fence about. You wanna know who's job it IS to actually convince you to spend money on their product? Microsoft's.

And if they haven't done a good enough job in producing a product you find appealing for whatever reason, then don't give them your money.

Did I win?

POST OF THE FCKIN YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#52 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7610 posts) -

Most of the games on the PS4 are going to be 720p, too. If you want great games with great graphics at a high resolution, just build a PC. It's a better experience all around, anyway, and cheaper in the long run.

#53 Edited by uninspiredcup (10067 posts) -

720/1080 Resolution makes next to no difference when you are sitting several feet away from a screen. It's a highly overrated visual aspect that is mostly fluff for "hardcore" gamers to try boast about and marketing material.

Perhaps (if like me) you are an older mature person who remembers the difference between VHS and DVD it might mean something, currently the difference is incremental at best.

#54 Posted by Ghost120x (4056 posts) -

I'm kind of exited to see halo 5. I quit after playing the worst halo game ever (reach) and didn't bother with halo 4, so I'm interested in seeing where it goes.

#55 Posted by PAL360 (27087 posts) -

Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Halo 5, etc will be amazing games. Those are good reasons to get an X1.

That said, i think PS4 will be a better gaming console.

#56 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

Convince me to buy a PS4 at launch

#57 Posted by Puckhog04 (22680 posts) -

Careful, you're insecurity is showing. Only a desperate and jealous fanboy makes a thread stating people to convince him to buy something. Grow up.

#58 Posted by aroxx_ab (10541 posts) -

Microsoft should had kept the name "Xbox 720" :P

#59 Edited by loosingENDS (11881 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

I had xbox 1 and 360, but this 720p thing has me pissed off. they expect me to pay $550 (without games) for a console that can't even run ghosts at 1080p?

convince me to buy an X1, and don't say better online as I had both live and psn, its the same thing, plus many have said the new xbox live is a complete f'n mess.

And don't say launch games because those are all 360 games which were moved to xbox one launch because of the horrendous console reveal.

You pay for games, not graphics

If you do not care for the game itself, but only for the graphics, you may as well watch some 1080p movies on PS3 or a blue ray player and not get any game system

If all gamers were not real gamers and only cared for graphics, DS and 3DS would have zero sales

So, why do all these real gamers buy these systems ?

Because they care for amazing games and not just for seeing pretty pictures

#60 Posted by Mickeyminime (1144 posts) -

Buy it so people at Microsoft and NSA can watch you playing the Playstation 4......

#61 Posted by dommeus (9416 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

I had xbox 1 and 360, but this 720p thing has me pissed off. they expect me to pay $550 (without games) for a console that can't even run ghosts at 1080p?

convince me to buy an X1, and don't say better online as I had both live and psn, its the same thing, plus many have said the new xbox live is a complete f'n mess.

And don't say launch games because those are all 360 games which were moved to xbox one launch because of the horrendous console reveal.

how original

#62 Posted by sukraj (23460 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

I cancelled my pre-order too. The Xb1 is garbage.

don't do it dude

#63 Posted by bezza2011 (2687 posts) -

@2ndwonder said:

@killzowned24 said:

its not picky at all. We are heading into 2014 and 720p tvs are being phased out. $500 for 2006 resolutions LOL

It is. Not everyone is obsessed with resolution when it comes to gaming. If that was the case why did the wii have a lower resolution than the xbox 360/ps3, but still outsell both?

I highly doubt you'd even care about the xbox one even if it did run in 1080p. Which, if you prove that point to be right. It would prove you are a fanboy rather than a gamer.

Quite a wrong indication to be fair, both ps4/xbone are trying to up grade the graphics and gameplay, surely having 7years of 720p when 1080p tvs are now the norm we should expect games to be able to run at this resolution, of course it isn't all about resolution but this day n age it should be able to run at 1080p, 900p is ok but non should be lower.

Also you cannot put the wii against ps3/360, the only reason that out sold was because non gamers were buying it for the party games for parties, my mum and dad got one just for that reason, i know lots of people in university who bought one just for a laugh, the wii sold because of the unique way you interacted, not because the games were good.

also who ever said forza 5 runs at 1080p needs to realise that it's half a driving game, a next gen coming out which doesn't have different weather, or even a day/night races and these were left out because they couldn't get it to run at 1080p 60fps with it in the game it self.

#64 Edited by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

Some of you peasants took this WAYYYYY too serious.

smdh

#65 Edited by Eddie-Vedder (7800 posts) -

Where else are you going to get ripped off silly? You need an xbone, it's the only way you'll experience getting ripped off and having no games. Kinect, live fee's, lack of support, overpriced hardware, overpriced peripherals, hardware failures.. You're not going to get this anywhere else. You need an xbone.

#66 Posted by SKaREO (3161 posts) -

If I could bullshit someone to buy that piece of junk, I'd probably make a great lawyer.

#67 Posted by superclocked (5863 posts) -

@Mickeyminime said:

Buy it so people at Microsoft and NSA can watch you playing the Playstation 4......