I'm pissed about 720p, convince me to buy an X1

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

I had xbox 1 and 360, but this 720p thing has me pissed off. they expect me to pay $550 (without games) for a console that can't even run ghosts at 1080p?

convince me to buy an X1, and don't say better online as I had both live and psn, its the same thing, plus many have said the new xbox live is a complete f'n mess.

And don't say launch games because those are all 360 games which were moved to xbox one launch because of the horrendous console reveal.

#3 Posted by Chutebox (36449 posts) -

Boring

#4 Posted by kitty (114495 posts) -

When you start to care about resolution this much, I don't think we should convince you to buy anything.

#5 Edited by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

Don't buy the console is the obvious choice. This way you don't have to waste $250 on some shitty spy-cam "gaming device".

#6 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3386 posts) -

How about no.

#7 Posted by killzowned24 (7298 posts) -

When you start to care about resolution this much, I don't think we should convince you to buy anything.

As if running at current gen resolution is not laughable.

#8 Posted by FinalFighters (1359 posts) -

Take off your top!

#9 Edited by silversix_ (13921 posts) -

Okay i will try.

1 exclusives per year! and here we go!

2013 -FM5
2014 -Halo 5
2015 -gears of war 5
2016 -FM6
2017 -Halo 6
2018 -Gears of War 6: Kinect Edition
2019 -new franchise

In the year 2019 you will receive a brand new franchise! I think its worth the $500.

#10 Posted by kitty (114495 posts) -

@2ndwonder said:

It's laughable when you don't play game/s because they don't meet your standards (see resolution). That's when we call you picky. Sure all games now days should run at 1080p, but they all don't. And that doesn't mean that all games will run in 720p. Which they don't. If you are a gamer, you'll play them despite that if you are interested. If someone has to convince you to buy something, it's not worth it.

#11 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16744 posts) -

Why would anybody care to convince you to buy anything? Why should we give a crap wtf you buy? Buy whatever the hell you want.

#12 Edited by MonsieurX (29242 posts) -

Yes,because launch games = expected power coming later

#13 Posted by thedork_knight (866 posts) -

maybe you should skip on XO and PS4 and get a PC

#15 Posted by SirSlimyScott (266 posts) -

@silversix_: Why is it mostly sequels, does it ever get boring playing the same shit every year?

#16 Posted by Spartan070 (16327 posts) -

I'm playing through Jade Empire on Xbox now, it's in glorious 480p.

Yawn...

#17 Posted by bobbetybob (19126 posts) -

Why would I convince someone to get something they clearly hate?

#18 Edited by no-scope-AK47 (2686 posts) -

If you care about graphics get a pc best graphics hands down. That said it is sad the x180 is stuck at 720p on multiplats.

#19 Edited by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

Hey man. What's up?

Have you ever had sex with a guy?

no but tell me what its like.

#20 Posted by cainetao11 (16610 posts) -

I had xbox 1 and 360, but this 720p thing has me pissed off. they expect me to pay $550 (without games) for a console that can't even run ghosts at 1080p?

convince me to buy an X1, and don't say better online as I had both live and psn, its the same thing, plus many have said the new xbox live is a complete f'n mess.

And don't say launch games because those are all 360 games which were moved to xbox one launch because of the horrendous console reveal.

Forza 5 is 1080p so it proves they can be run at 1080; do you like other features of the X1, if not don't buy; do you like DR, KI, Titanfall, Forza, Ryse? If not don't buy it. If those aren't the reasons you're buying the X1, and it's all about resolution, why aren't u gaming on PC? Oh that's right you're a FANBOY!!!

#21 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

just get a PS4

#22 Edited by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

Fanboy mad at Fanboy, intradasting

#23 Posted by killzowned24 (7298 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

@2ndwonder said:

It's laughable when you don't play game/s because they don't meet your standards (see resolution). That's when we call you picky. Sure all games now days should run at 1080p, but they all don't. And that doesn't mean that all games will run in 720p. Which they don't. If you are a gamer, you'll play them despite that if you are interested. If someone has to convince you to buy something, it's not worth it.

its not picky at all. We are heading into 2014 and 720p tvs are being phased out. $500 for 2006 resolutions LOL

#24 Posted by freedomfreak (38774 posts) -

Depends on the guy, obviously. I bet you're really cute.

#25 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13132 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Hey man. What's up?

Have you ever had sex with a guy?

Between a rock and hard place.

#26 Edited by Sweenix (5396 posts) -

yo mum

#27 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25550 posts) -

Uh....Xbone love you long time?

#28 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

Dat insecurity

#30 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8696 posts) -

#Xaero4King

#31 Posted by freedomfreak (38774 posts) -

yea your mom thinks so too.

Haha, I wouldn't know. I guess I could ask her, but I'll take your word for it :p

#32 Posted by Gue1 (9439 posts) -

I cancelled my pre-order too. The Xb1 is garbage.

#33 Edited by kitty (114495 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

its not picky at all. We are heading into 2014 and 720p tvs are being phased out. $500 for 2006 resolutions LOL

It is. Not everyone is obsessed with resolution when it comes to gaming. If that was the case why did the wii have a lower resolution than the xbox 360/ps3, but still outsell both?

I highly doubt you'd even care about the xbox one even if it did run in 1080p. Which, if you prove that point to be right. It would prove you are a fanboy rather than a gamer.

#34 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

It is. Not everyone is obsessed with resolution when it comes to gaming. If that was the case why did the wii have a lower resolution than the xbox 360/ps3, but still outsell both?

I highly doubt you'd even care about the xbox one even if it did run in 1080p. Which, if you prove that point to be right. It would prove you are a fanboy rather than a gamer.

The wii sold better because moms and grandmas bought it for their kids. The wii was the least played console this gen despite it selling the most, the 360 was the most played console despite it selling the least.

#35 Posted by Heil68 (43273 posts) -

This thread has turned to gold. Keep it up guys.

#36 Posted by RoslindaleOne (7565 posts) -

I cancelled my preorder a few times already and just keep on preordering Xbone again.

#37 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

I cancelled my preorder a few times already and just keep on preordering Xbone again.

lol why?

#38 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Nobody cares what you want. You already have 1000 post? OK. You're pathetic as well.

#39 Posted by CleanPlayer (9779 posts) -

Don Matrick would tell you to read a book

#40 Edited by killzowned24 (7298 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

ah, so you're saying one of the best phones in 2006 with a resolution of 240x320 would be acceptable today?

#41 Edited by xhawk27 (7212 posts) -

I think you should buy a high end PC since you care about resolution so much and you can go above 1080p too!

convince me to buy an X1, and don't say better online as I had both live and psn, its the same thing, plus many have said the new xbox live is a complete f'n mess. Hahahahahhahaa no it isn't and PSN on the PS4 won't be a f'n mess either! ahahahhahaha

#42 Posted by AtariKidX (6202 posts) -

just buy a PS4......

#43 Edited by TheShensolidus (224 posts) -

Alright, i'll take a shot at this click-bait post (no offense):

Get it if you find the game experiences it offers enjoyable. If there are things about them or the console itself that you don't enjoy, or you feel you can be better served elsewhere, then don't get it. It's no one's prerogative, fanboy or not, to convince you to buy something that you're on the fence about. You wanna know who's job it IS to actually convince you to spend money on their product? Microsoft's.

And if they haven't done a good enough job in producing a product you find appealing for whatever reason, then don't give them your money.

Did I win?

#44 Edited by airshocker (28842 posts) -

If you need to be convinced then you shouldn't get it.

I've been playing the Xbox since I was a teenager. I wanted to like the XB1 but they've simply given me too much to dislike. I'll be going Sony first and then eventually I'll get the XB1.

#45 Posted by NameIess_One (559 posts) -

Could we somehow convince you to leave this board instead?

#46 Posted by santoron (7648 posts) -

Don't get anything at launch if you truly have concerns. Wait a couple months and see firsthand how the two consoles play out, THEN choose one.

Or save yourself the trouble and just go PC. ;P

#47 Edited by KillzoneSnake (1680 posts) -

Why get a X1? Sure they paid 1 billion dollars to get some games at the start, but thats gonna dry out. Plus its not like Ryse will be good lol. If you only like COD clone shooters then yh skip it too, 720p is just sad, even X1 can do better. The only FPS to play is Killzone, the game with the best graphics at full 1080 and 0 aim assist. I dont know why anyone will play anything else xD

#48 Posted by StormyJoe (4764 posts) -

I am not a game developer. However, I will say that I "believe" the COD issue is because of lack of optimization on the part of the developer (the PS4 has more raw power, so it can deal with the unoptimized code better). It's hard to remember 8 years ago - but back then, 360 multiplats looked and ran better than the PS3 versions. Now, multiplats are about as even as you can get, and PS3 exclusives look better than 360 exclusives. You should not judge a platform based on hiccups in 3rd party release titles.

I am getting an XBoxOne because I am excited about the dedicated servers and media functions. I would rather play a game that runs on dedicated servers than a version of the game that has marginally (at best) better graphics.

If I were a graphics whore, I'd switch to a PC.

#49 Edited by blackace (20066 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

Forza 1080p Native 60fps. Nuff said. It's not like it can't do 1080p native at 60fps. The problem is devs didn't have enough time to do so once Microsoft slapped an updated devkit in their laps. Even BF4 on PS4 isn't native 1080p, it's native 900P upscaled 1080p. XB1 is native 720p upscaled to 1080P..

I'm playing through Jade Empire on Xbox now, it's in glorious 480p.

Yawn...

Jade Empire was a great game. So was Lost Odyssey, and many other titles on the 360.

#50 Posted by Kinthalis (5291 posts) -

Forza isn't exactly what people are looking for ina "next gen" title. It's got better textures and slightly better mesh quality than the last Forza... ok.

Games that require a lot more complexity WILL suffer.