I hope M$ fix RROD problem quickly or.................

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Foxhound_spy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Foxhound_spy
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts

.......I refuse to by 360 despite 360 price now is below $300 only. Honestly I like 360. I always playing Goew with my friend 360. I was planning to get 360 someday. But RROD problem really freaking me out. My friend 360 suffer 4 times RROD and his 360 only 4 months old.............. Hell even my PS2 is more reliable than this one.

Okay that`s it. I hope M$ can fix this quickly. This gen I feel without 360 my gaming experience is incomplete. Right now I only have PS3 and not so powerful PC.......................

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

When the 60 gig 360 comes out, Jump In.

Foxhound_spy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Foxhound_spy
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts

ReverseCycology

60 gig ? Can you guearantee me that 60 gig version is more reliable than current one ? Also how about price ?

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts
[QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

Foxhound_spy

60 gig ? Can you guearantee me that 60 gig version is more reliable than current one ? Also how about price ?

Actually I'll guarantee you if or when you get the $300 dollar 360 that was manufactured on a recent date, you will not get rrod in its life cycle. I guarantee it.

Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts

.......I refuse to by 360 despite 360 price now is below $300 only. Honestly I like 360. I always playing Goew with my friend 360. I was planning to get 360 someday. But RROD problem really freaking me out. My friend 360 suffer 4 times RROD and his 360 only 4 months old.............. Hell even my PS2 is more reliable than this one.

Okay that`s it. I hope M$ can fix this quickly. This gen I feel without 360 my gaming experience is incomplete. Right now I only have PS3 and not so powerful PC.......................

Foxhound_spy

Your friend is really unlucky :S

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#6 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts
I find it hard to believe that his 360 has died four times within four months. Theres no way in hell they have even shipped him four 360's from the repair centre in four months. I call total BS.
choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 choffy
Member since 2005 • 1881 Posts

God I'm tired of all you kids worrying about the Red Rings of Death. It occurs in about 19% of consoles, which is better than the 28% it was about a year ago, and if it does break, your Xbox 360 comes with a 3-Year-Warranty for the thing. Call 'em up, they send you a box and you send it back. It takes 2-4 weeks (usually), but if you're normal, you should have no trouble going that long.

Get the 20GB Xbox 360. Only $299 and it's a good deal. Don't worry about it. **** happens, and if it happens it happens

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Microsoft covers all 360's with 3-year warranties on the 3 lights. The only problem when you get one is having to wait to get it fixed. I don't understand what is "scary" about it. I myself got a service plan from Futureshop that covers everything that came in the box for 3 years and I don't have to wait to get MS to fix it.
sireclaborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sireclaborn
Member since 2008 • 1305 Posts
the really sad part about rrod is that it will always have a negative impact on the 360 sales even if its fixed people still won't buy it . the time to fix the problem was when it first happen back in 2005. but for some reason ms did not address the issue until 2007. not only have gamers been affected but casuals won't even look at the 360. word of mouth travels fast even if the stories aren't totally true the negative impact has done its damage. what if ms finally fixes rrod are they going to advertise that its finally fixed. some people won't care because the damage is already done.
FFXIII360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FFXIII360
Member since 2008 • 988 Posts
3 year warranty /thread
SpinoRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SpinoRaptor
Member since 2006 • 2419 Posts
RROD isn't as bad as people make it seem.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

3 year warranty /threadFFXIII360

point being?

many pc components have 3+ years warrenty standard

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 foxhound_fox

[QUOTE="FFXIII360"]3 year warranty /threadimprezawrx500

point being?

And what is your point? You made less sense than imprezawrx500 since he was responding to the TC's concern about the 360's hardware issues and you were just stating some random fact that in no way relates to the topic of the thread.
Soda-Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Soda-Jack
Member since 2008 • 333 Posts
RROD isn't as bad as people make it seem. SpinoRaptor
I imagine 90% of the RROD stories nowadays are sony fans or sony employee's taking turns beating the dead horse.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 imprezawrx500
[QUOTE="imprezawrx500"]

[QUOTE="FFXIII360"]3 year warranty /threadfoxhound_fox

point being?

And what is your point? You made less sense than imprezawrx500 since he was responding to the TC's concern about the 360's hardware issues and you were just stating some random fact that in no way relates to the topic of the thread.

a warrenty is no good if the thing keeps breaking and has to be sent to ms for 2 weeks to get fixed. after it has happen more than one or two times you will just dump the thing and get a ps3

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 imprezawrx500

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor"]RROD isn't as bad as people make it seem. Soda-Jack
I imagine 90% of the RROD stories nowadays are sony fans or sony employee's taking turns beating the dead horse.

plus not long ago I saw one rrod in the shop so the display units are still faulty

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 foxhound_fox
a warrenty is no good if the thing keeps breaking and has to be sent to ms for 2 weeks to get fixed. after it has happen more than one or two times you will just dump the thing and get a ps3 imprezawrx500

Now you are being just completely nonsensical. A warranty is in place so you the consumer aren't forced to pay for repairs or replacement. If I want to get my Wii's artifacting issues fixed I have to pay Nintendo since it only had a one year warranty. At least MS has manned up and taken responsibility for the problem and provided a stop-gap solution.
footfoe2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#18 footfoe2
Member since 2007 • 3014 Posts
[QUOTE="Foxhound_spy"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

ReverseCycology

Actually I'll guarantee you if or when you get the $300 dollar 360 that was manufactured on a recent date, you will not get rrod in its life cycle. I guarantee it.

Really? Hmm that sounds good. How do you know this, Good bye wii. I'll probably get that, when is it released?
Soda-Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Soda-Jack
Member since 2008 • 333 Posts
[QUOTE="imprezawrx500"]a warrenty is no good if the thing keeps breaking and has to be sent to ms for 2 weeks to get fixed. after it has happen more than one or two times you will just dump the thing and get a ps3 foxhound_fox

Now you are being just completely nonsensical. A warranty is in place so you the consumer aren't forced to pay for repairs or replacement. If I want to get my Wii's artifacting issues fixed I have to pay Nintendo since it only had a one year warranty. At least MS has manned up and taken responsibility for the problem and provided a stop-gap solution.

That's absolutely right. I don't want hardware problems anymore than the next person, but I respect MS for trying to do right by the consumers. Also how quickly people forget the hardware problems the ps2 had. I went through 4 ps2's in around a 3 year time period. And despite many lawsuits and public outcry, Sony never publically acknowledged the problem let alone extended the ps2's meager 90-day warranty. With the 360, I'm expecting to only have to pay money for 1 console for 3 years. And if I were still a ps3 owner, knowing the ps2's history, I would start getting nervous the day it's 1 year warranty expired.
Evz0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Evz0rz
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts
How can something like RRoD freak you out? Thoughts of burning alive or getting shot freaks me out, and this may just be me, but I think that is a tad bit worse
KinkInDaLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KinkInDaLink
Member since 2008 • 307 Posts

They are rolling out the new 65mm gpu's very very soon. It halves the amount of heat the unit produces, which was what was causing the problem. My friend fix's RROD consoles for people, according to him it occur's when the solder around the GPU melts and it becomes loose. So once these are out there, RROD won't be an issue if your looking at buying a 360. Also RROD consoles will be upraded to the new GPU chip when they go in for repair as well, so this fix should be retroactive.

I expect this post will be ignored tho, as fanboys won't want to admit that the problem will soon be fixed. Less ammo for teh WAR :P

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
[QUOTE="Foxhound_spy"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

ReverseCycology

lol that's a bold statement..

I hope you're right, then again, the Falcon and the other one was suposed to kill the RLD..

I had the Red lights once on my launch console about a year ago. and I agree with foxhound_fox, it's not really the hassle people say it is. and like he said, just get an extended warranty from the store.

sireclaborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sireclaborn
some you need to stop defending rrod. the warranty is not helping out anyone. ms needs to get its act together and fix the damn console. it only hurting themselves. yeah rrod is big and for some of you who think sony fans run around and spread the the rrod stories, you need a reality check. there a thread on the 360 forum just for broken 360. what does that tell you?
Dinakdakan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dinakdakan
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts
if you got the RROD then ur just in luck
SpinoRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SpinoRaptor

some you need to stop defending rrod. the warranty is not helping out anyone. ms needs to get its act together and fix the damn console. it only hurting themselves. yeah rrod is big and for some of you who think sony fans run around and spread the the rrod stories, you need a reality check. there a thread on the 360 forum just for broken 360. what does that tell you?sireclaborn

Umm what?

sireclaborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sireclaborn

[QUOTE="sireclaborn"]some you need to stop defending rrod. the warranty is not helping out anyone. ms needs to get its act together and fix the damn console. it only hurting themselves. yeah rrod is big and for some of you who think sony fans run around and spread the the rrod stories, you need a reality check. there a thread on the 360 forum just for broken 360. what does that tell you?SpinoRaptor

Umm what?

the 360 still break right... yes. all the warranty does is allow the user to turn it in to ms. there no guarantee that it won't happen again. so the user is doing this for three years after the 3 years it sucks to be a 360 owner because your sol.

SpinoRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SpinoRaptor
[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor"]

[QUOTE="sireclaborn"]some you need to stop defending rrod. the warranty is not helping out anyone. ms needs to get its act together and fix the damn console. it only hurting themselves. yeah rrod is big and for some of you who think sony fans run around and spread the the rrod stories, you need a reality check. there a thread on the 360 forum just for broken 360. what does that tell you?sireclaborn

Umm what?

the 360 still break right... yes. all the warranty does is allow the user to turn it in to ms. there no guarantee that it won't happen again. so the user is doing this for three years after the 3 years it sucks to be a 360 owner because your sol.

Well MS is doing their best to fix the RROD. Its not like they're ignoring it.

darkenedsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 darkenedsquire
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts

I had a launch 360 and I'm not even vaguely cautious with it and it was fine then I traded it for a launch elite which has also been fine neither got hot neither had loud disc drives.

My Wii got a DRE 6 months after buying it so I needed that repaired.

My PS3 didn't even work out of the box (for some reason it just plain old wouldnt switch on nothing lit up or anything).

So from my experience xbox 360 is the most reliable console :)

Miss_Wacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Miss_Wacy
Member since 2007 • 1911 Posts

I had a launch 360 and I'm not even vaguely cautious with it and it was fine then I traded it for a launch elite which has also been fine neither got hot neither had loud disc drives.

My Wii got a DRE 6 months after buying it so I needed that repaired.

My PS3 didn't even work out of the box (for some reason it just plain old wouldnt switch on nothing lit up or anything).

So from my experience xbox 360 is the most reliable console :)

darkenedsquire

:lol:

insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 insanejedi
Member since 2007 • 1738 Posts
The 360 for me has been fine, it's been running non stop and i even left it on overnight once by accident and it hasent red ringed yet after about 5 months. Its fine it's a reliable console to me.
Miss_Wacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Miss_Wacy
Member since 2007 • 1911 Posts
my elite is running fine after a couple months ive had it, got the 175w model, has much cooler air and system never gets hot only warm
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
I find it hard to believe that his 360 has died four times within four months. Theres no way in hell they have even shipped him four 360's from the repair centre in four months. I call total BS.CRUSHER88
I agree. No way do I believe this guy.