I hope Hideo Kojima will consider moving mgs5 exclusive to...

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by razu2444 (806 posts) -
PS3. I don't want the game gimped due to 360's lack of blu-ray. This is not a joke thread, I am getting worried considering how high quality mgs4 was.
#2 Posted by charizard1605 (58272 posts) -
lol
#3 Posted by PCgameruk (1425 posts) -

I want it exclusive for the game boy color.

#4 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5176 posts) -

"True to my religion, two everything I'm too different
So when I die, bury me next to two b*tches"

"She got a big booty so I call her Big Booty"

"All I want for my birthday is a big booty ho"

-Sir Tauheed Epps the Great 

2-2chainz.jpg

This thread is now about not just one of the wisest of philosophers, but one of the most artistically abstract minds of our time, Sir Tauheed Epps the great.

Good luck will come to you, but only if you post "Thank you Tauheed" .....or ...."Truuuuu" on this thread. 

THANK YOU TAUHEED!

#5 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11199 posts) -

Ted Dansen.

#6 Posted by Gue1 (10214 posts) -

even a Wii U version would be better than the game being on the X360 but it's too late. KojiPro already gimped the game and went for 2 parts that make 1 game.

#7 Posted by RR360DD (11993 posts) -
cry some more cow
#8 Posted by charizard1605 (58272 posts) -

PCgameruk
The Gameboy Color Metal Gear Solid was awesome, so I would be okay with this :D
#9 Posted by mariokart64fan (19522 posts) -

i want it exclusive to wiiu so it wouldnt be gimped with 512 mb of ram 

#10 Posted by charizard1605 (58272 posts) -

mariokart64fan
But PS4 has eight times the RAM of Wii U anyway, so it's better for it to be exclusive to that instead :)
#11 Posted by razu2444 (806 posts) -
[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

charizard1605
But PS4 has eight times the RAM of Wii U anyway, so it's better for it to be exclusive to that instead :)

Or that then!
#12 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Yeah this is bad. I don't expect it to be better than MGS4 considering the 360 will hold it back considerably :(
#13 Posted by sonic1564 (3265 posts) -

MGS5 gonna be crap anyway by the fact that it'll be more movie than game.

#14 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
I want it exclusive to the PC so it isn't gimped like it will be on console. [spoiler] :P [/spoiler]
#15 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

PS3. I don't want the game gimped due to 360's lack of blu-ray. This is not a joke thread, I am getting worried considering how high quality mgs4 was.razu2444

It is just a capacity issue. 

The Xbox 360 tackles this by having games span multiple discs. You should probably stop worrying now. 

#16 Posted by KarateeeChop (4652 posts) -

this reminds me of how cows were making videos crying about the betrayal and sending SE death threats for making ff13 multiplat. you guys come up with the craziest sh*t. dreamy

#17 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

this reminds me of how cows were making videos crying about the betrayal and sending SE death threats for making ff13 multiplat. you guys come up with the craziest sh*t. dreamy

KarateeeChop

Like this gentleman?

#18 Posted by DISSESHOWEDO (1775 posts) -

Lems are in for some serious disc swaping ! :lol:

1029671-blurb_mgs4xbox360oj1_20080826.pn

#19 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6695 posts) -

MGS5 gonna be crap anyway by the fact that it'll be more movie than game.

sonic1564
MGS4 is the best game ever made, so I have high hopes for MGS5 exceeding. Every main entry to the Metal Gear franchise has been a GOTY worthy game.
#20 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

psymon100

Like this gentleman?

Right on bro! That guy told it like it is. Fvcking traitors. Gimping a game for the true fans because of catering to a console that is not made for games.
#21 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28422 posts) -
PS3. I don't want the game gimped due to 360's lack of blu-ray. This is not a joke thread, I am getting worried considering how high quality mgs4 was.razu2444
lol yeah high quality sub hd movie which still only took up 30 gigs and had mandatory 5-8 minute installs each chapter. Its insane takeout the lossless audio replace with perfectly viable dolby 5.1 remove the redundent data and it likely would fit on the 8.5 gig dvds MS uses. Kojima said 50 gigs wasnt enough yet he only took up 30 gigs of his dual layer bluray thus show half the s*** he shoved in wasnt needed and wouldnt be needed based on the loading speed differences between the two mediums.
#22 Posted by MSXBOX4EVER (550 posts) -

DISSESHOWEDO

how many blu ray discs did mgs4 come on? was the answer 3? if yes, your picture is accurate. If less than 3, then your picture is misleading.

assuming 6gig of actual game data per xbox 360 disc, a very conservative estimate based on MS' old copy protection.

#23 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -

[QUOTE="DISSESHOWEDO"]

MSXBOX4EVER

how many blu ray discs did mgs4 come on? was the answer 3? if yes, your picture is accurate. If less than 3, then your picture is misleading.

assuming 6gig of actual game data per xbox 360 disc, a very conservative estimate based on MS' old copy protection.

Considering the 360 also has a limit for 2 discs otherwise they charge the dev for every extra disc. It goes without saying that they will limit the game for two discs tops.
#24 Posted by KarateeeChop (4652 posts) -

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

psymon100

Like this gentleman?

what a great talented troll. dreamy

there was actually a few genuinely upset folks ranting about the whole betrayal thing but sadly i can't find those videos anymore. :(

#25 Posted by MSXBOX4EVER (550 posts) -

id softwares Rage? yeah they charge. and yeah xbox 360's storage medium sucks. but that picture is misleading.

it could be funny and realistic if there were 50 / 6 = 8.33, so round up to 9 for the proper yield. There could be nine discs in the pic and it would be funny, and realistic. at 20 discs in the pic it's just wrong. even if it did come to 360 as pictured, i could argue. well then, there is over twice as much content on the 360 version compared to the ps3. though it would also be lol, because with that many discs and given the size of the game, i'd be changing discs about 3 times within each cut scene, lol.

#26 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Insecurity: The Thread

#27 Posted by _TheJoker_ (6013 posts) -

PCgameruk

Dude, that's too advance! That is so hardcore!

#28 Posted by Mrmedia01 (1917 posts) -

Who knows it could be exclusive on PS4? Its not coming to PS3. Sure this is a PS4 and next Xbox game. Or maybe just a PS4 exclusive. No one knows yet.

#29 Posted by mems_1224 (47284 posts) -
Skyrim. Crysis and Witcher 2 worked just great on 360. I dont see why Metal Gear wouldn't. Sounds like butthurt to me.
#30 Posted by Tessellation (8803 posts) -
sub HD mgs4 lol
#31 Posted by Tessellation (8803 posts) -

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

psymon100

Like this gentleman?

wow that's sony fanboys basement dwelling to whole new level.
#32 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -
2013. Still MOOaning about DVD.....................
#33 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (3953 posts) -

oh cows, you're all so bad.

#34 Posted by Gue1 (10214 posts) -

Skyrim. Crysis and Witcher 2 worked just great on 360. I dont see why Metal Gear wouldn't. Sounds like butthurt to me. mems_1224

repeated textures and hardly any cut-scenes. I mean, the fact that MGS5 spans 2 games should be enough prove....

#35 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5176 posts) -

[QUOTE="psymon100"]

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

KarateeeChop

Like this gentleman?

what a great talented troll. dreamy

there was actually a few genuinely upset folks ranting about the whole betrayal thing but sadly i can't find those videos anymore. :(

Well, when you are obsessed enough about a brand to the point that you make death threats to the developers for making your game multiplat, only to turn around and abandon the franchise altogether in one fell swoop (after which, they will subsequently begin caring about the franchsie again when FF15 is PS4 exclusive), you know you belong to the most derranged community of fanboys on the internet :(

Has there ever been a MS or Nintendo fanboy, that has taken the "console war" serious enough to make death threats?  Or is this phenomenon exclusive to Cows?  Im not sure :?  

#36 Posted by princeofshapeir (14277 posts) -
Maybe they will actually find a way to make a game that doesn't require five-minute loading screens between each act.
#37 Posted by mems_1224 (47284 posts) -

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]Skyrim. Crysis and Witcher 2 worked just great on 360. I dont see why Metal Gear wouldn't. Sounds like butthurt to me. Gue1

repeated textures and hardly any cut-scenes. I mean, the fact that MGS5 spans 2 games should be enough prove....

So what you're saying is MGS is more movie than game at this point?
#38 Posted by Gue1 (10214 posts) -

[QUOTE="razu2444"]PS3. I don't want the game gimped due to 360's lack of blu-ray. This is not a joke thread, I am getting worried considering how high quality mgs4 was.WilliamRLBaker
lol yeah high quality sub hd movie which still only took up 30 gigs and had mandatory 5-8 minute installs each chapter. Its insane takeout the lossless audio replace with perfectly viable dolby 5.1 remove the redundent data and it likely would fit on the 8.5 gig dvds MS uses. Kojima said 50 gigs wasnt enough yet he only took up 30 gigs of his dual layer bluray thus show half the s*** he shoved in wasnt needed and wouldnt be needed based on the loading speed differences between the two mediums.

in other words... Gimp the game and it will fit! lol

#39 Posted by princeofshapeir (14277 posts) -

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="razu2444"]PS3. I don't want the game gimped due to 360's lack of blu-ray. This is not a joke thread, I am getting worried considering how high quality mgs4 was.Gue1

Maybe if Kojima didn't rely exclusively on cutscenes to tell the story in his games he'd find a way to make a sensibly-sized game.
#40 Posted by lawlessx (46779 posts) -

Insecurity: The Thread

seanmcloughlin

I'm just waiting for "He who shall not be named" to come in here and call the ps3 fanboys elitists

yup...any minute now

#41 Posted by Gue1 (10214 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]Skyrim. Crysis and Witcher 2 worked just great on 360. I dont see why Metal Gear wouldn't. Sounds like butthurt to me. mems_1224

Metal Gear Solid it's Metal Gear Solid and since the PS1 it always been like that so what is the problem now? Movie or not that's how the franchise is.

You take out the long cut-scenes and the franchise wouldn't be the same. You only want stealth gameplay and a very condensed plot then play Splinter Cell or something else. Nobody's forcing anyone to buy and like the games but at the end MGS5 is being molded around business decisions.

#42 Posted by mems_1224 (47284 posts) -

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="Gue1"]

Gue1

Metal Gear Solid it's Metal Gear Solid and since the PS1 it always been like that so what is the problem now? Movie or not that's how the franchise is.

You take out the long cut-scenes and the franchise wouldn't be the same. You only want stealth gameplay and a very condensed plot then play Splinter Cell or something else. Nobody's forcing anybody to buy and like the games.

:lol: let that butthurt flow bro
#43 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] So what you're saying is MGS is more movie than game at this point?mems_1224

You take out the long cut-scenes and the franchise wouldn't be the same. You only want stealth gameplay and a very condensed plot then play Splinter Cell or something else. Nobody's forcing anybody to buy and like the games.

Indeed. Ur butthurt over 360 not being able to handle MGS is showing :lol:

#44 Posted by mems_1224 (47284 posts) -

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="Gue1"]

NathanDrakeSwag

Indeed. Ur butthurt over 360 not being able to handle MGS is showing :lol:

Nah, I dont care. I get to play it no matter what system its on. Its just funny to see idiots like you and Gue1 getting so butthurt over a game being multiplat.
#45 Posted by razu2444 (806 posts) -

DISSESHOWEDO
Where do you get pics like this?! Lol
#46 Posted by razu2444 (806 posts) -

Who knows it could be exclusive on PS4? Its not coming to PS3. Sure this is a PS4 and next Xbox game. Or maybe just a PS4 exclusive. No one knows yet.

Mrmedia01
It has the 360 and PS3 logo at the bottom of the trailers.
#47 Posted by razu2444 (806 posts) -
[QUOTE="Gue1"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"] lol yeah high quality sub hd movie which still only took up 30 gigs and had mandatory 5-8 minute installs each chapter. Its insane takeout the lossless audio replace with perfectly viable dolby 5.1 remove the redundent data and it likely would fit on the 8.5 gig dvds MS uses. Kojima said 50 gigs wasnt enough yet he only took up 30 gigs of his dual layer bluray thus show half the s*** he shoved in wasnt needed and wouldnt be needed based on the loading speed differences between the two mediums.princeofshapeir

Maybe if Kojima didn't rely exclusively on cutscenes to tell the story in his games he'd find a way to make a sensibly-sized game.

Or perhaps Lems and Herms need to get it through their thick skulls that Sony introduced blu ray so devs can make games without worrying about space and create away to their hearts content.
#48 Posted by The_Power_of_X (453 posts) -

even a Wii U version would be better than the game being on the X360 but it's too late. KojiPro already gimped the game and went for 2 parts that make 1 game.

Gue1

I take it you have never played MGS2? 

#49 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9857 posts) -
lol @ TC All I know is that...................... my body is ready.
#50 Posted by WiiMan21 (8185 posts) -

Well David Hayter wasnt asked to voice snake in this one so idk how it will be. :/