I haven't done one of these in a while....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

emawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 emawk
Member since 2004 • 1820 Posts

In regards to Resident Evil 5.........

For anyone who thinks that all this game has to offer is just amazing graphics, you will be proven wrong once we see more of the game. Capcom will also utilize the next-gen CPUs to make a more enriching game.

Why do people, particularly the Wii fanboys, always think that the only thing that Xbox360/PS3 games have over the Wii is just graphics? Time and time again you see that this isn't true, yet you keep on spewing the same nonsense. The Wii is outdated tech. It can't deliver the "WoW" (IMO) factor that every new generation usually ushers in. I look at Wii games and I always ask myself "Haven't I seen or played this game before?"

Who is seriously "WOWed" by Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles? I doubt many people are. How many people are "WOWed" by RE 5? Well, the number of new threads just on this game says it all.

All the Wii has is just the Wii-mote, and even with it, it doesn't have any significant edge over conventional controllers. The Xbox360/PS3 have considerably more to offer than the Wii in just about every area of gaming. In terms of value, the Wii is the most expense console on the market.

You Wii owners could just stick with your low standard games, while the Xbox360/PS3 owners keep getting their WOW-inducing, next-gen games. All I'm just asking from you is to just stop lying to yourselves.

emawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 emawk

Tell me, when you see more characters online, better animation, more intense action, is that the game's graphics you're looking at?

When I see a bigger playing area (instead of narrow corridors), is that the game's graphics I'm looking at?

This game will most likely have better AI than RE4....Is that the game's graphics I'm looking at?

emawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 emawk

If RE5 was to come on the Wii, it would be extremely toned down to look more or less like RE4. Now how many of you would choose that game over a next-gen RE5?

emawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 emawk

To choose RE4 over RE5 is like choosing a Smart Foretwo over a Honda Accord, assuming the price difference is only $1000.

Think about what you get for your money.

That's how I see the Wii when compared to the Xbox360/PS3.

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

If RE5 was to come on the Wii, it would be extremely toned down to look more or less like RE4. Now how many of you would choose that game over a next-gen RE5?

emawk

You couldn't. Honestly I do not want any of my favorite franchises to become Wii-exclusives. Wii is meant for new IPs

Svarthek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Svarthek
Member since 2005 • 1431 Posts
What is System Wars?...A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF GENERALIZATIONS.
Dracula has spoken and is ashamed of you.
emawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 emawk

What is System Wars?...A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF GENERALIZATIONS.
Dracula has spoken and is ashamed of you.Svarthek

I heard Dracula never has good arguments; now I see for myself that he doesn't.

powerpie21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 powerpie21
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Svarthek"]What is System Wars?...A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF GENERALIZATIONS.
Dracula has spoken and is ashamed of you.emawk

dracula wil suck ur blood

Svarthek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Svarthek
Member since 2005 • 1431 Posts

[QUOTE="Svarthek"]What is System Wars?...A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF GENERALIZATIONS.
Dracula has spoken and is ashamed of you.emawk

Your whole post was a giant generalization.  Also, my post was mostly a joke.  If you didn't get it then you need to lighten up.  I bet you assume I'm a sheep or something.  Sheesh...
Shadow_Link50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shadow_Link50
Member since 2004 • 1853 Posts

Ok first off, 4 posts in a row? Learn how to use the edit button. Or were you trying to disguise your bumps?

Second of all, how about Super Mario Galaxy? It's innovative and has great graphics, despite it being on a far weaker system. Certainly it doesn't have anywhere near the technical specs of a 360 or PS3 game, but does that makes the graphics bad? No, and to say they are bad shows a very narrow minded way of thinking. Just because the Wii is a weaker console doesn't mean you can't enjoy games on it. In the end, you get what you pay for. Why should $50 games on a $250 system be expected to match $60 games on $400 or $500 systems?

emawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 emawk
[QUOTE="emawk"]

Dracula has spoken and is ashamed of you.Svarthek

Your whole post was a giant generalization. Also, my post was mostly a joke. If you didn't get it then you need to lighten up. I bet you assume I'm a sheep or something. Sheesh...

So do you agree with these generalizations or what? And why?

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
I don't get wowed for Wii graphics, I get wowed for the controls and smart implimentations of it, that show it being or working better than standard conventional controllers.
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 whoisryanmack
Member since 2006 • 7675 Posts

Why should $50 games on a $250 system be expected to match $60 games on $400 or $500 systems?

Shadow_Link50

They shouldn't. All we ask is that sheep stop claiming that they do.

Avatar image for TOTAL_DEFENSE_0
TOTAL_DEFENSE_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 TOTAL_DEFENSE_0
Member since 2007 • 1192 Posts

Ok first off, 4 posts in a row? Learn how to use the edit button. Or were you trying to disguise your bumps?

Second of all, how about Super Mario Galaxy? It's innovative and has great graphics, despite it being on a far weaker system. Certainly it doesn't have anywhere near the technical specs of a 360 or PS3 game, but does that makes the graphics bad? No, and to say they are bad shows a very narrow minded way of thinking. Just because the Wii is a weaker console doesn't mean you can't enjoy games on it. In the end, you get what you pay for. Why should $50 games on a $250 system be expected to match $60 games on $400 or $500 systems?

Shadow_Link50

if wii wants to be taken seriously like 360/PS3, those 50 dollar games should match

Shadow_Link50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shadow_Link50
[QUOTE="Shadow_Link50"]

TOTAL_DEFENSE_0

if wii wants to be taken seriously like 360/PS3, those 50 dollar games should match

Well it is an opinion. For some people the Wii may be the best choice of a console (if they can only afford one), for others it may be a 360, PS3, or PC. As for me, personally I would rather play SSBB than any other "next-gen" fighter, and SMG instead of Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction or Banjo Kazooie 3... but that's just me.

emawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 emawk

Well it is an opinion. For some people the Wii may be the best choice of a console (if they can only afford one), for others it may be a 360, PS3, or PC. As for me, personally I would rather play SSBB than any other "next-gen" fighter, and SMG instead of Ratchet and Clank 3 or Banjo Kazooie 3... but that's just me. Shadow_Link50

How would you know you want to play Mario Galaxy more than Banjo Kazooie 3 if you don't know anything about that game? Are you a fanboy?

emawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 emawk

I don't get wowed for Wii graphics, I get wowed for the controls and smart implimentations of it, that show it being or working better than standard conventional controllers.yoshi_64

It's just not about the graphics.

nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts

Who is seriously "WOWed" by Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles?emawk

Nobody.

How many people are "WOWed" by RE 5? Well, the number of new threads just on this game says it all.emawk
A ton of people.

Problem with this is, thewow factor you're talking about has to do with graphics. "Wow that game looks good!".

Wii has wow'd me with WarioWare. In the minigame where you had to hold the Wiimote like a champaigne bottle, shake it up, and then only when you moved your thumb would the cork burst open. That made me say "wow" out loud.

Of course, WarioWare wasn't all that great of game, but the wow factor is still there.

funnymario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 funnymario
Member since 2005 • 9122 Posts

Shadow_Link50
Wait...how is Super Mario Galaxy innovative?
Shadow_Link50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shadow_Link50

[QUOTE="Shadow_Link50"]

Well it is an opinion. For some people the Wii may be the best choice of a console (if they can only afford one), for others it may be a 360, PS3, or PC. As for me, personally I would rather play SSBB than any other "next-gen" fighter, and SMG instead of Ratchet and Clank 3 or Banjo Kazooie 3... but that's just me. emawk

How would you know you want to play Mario Galaxy more than Banjo Kazooie 3 if you don't know anything about that game? Are you a fanboy?

Oh the irony...

As to answer your question I would like to play them more as they interest me alot more.

EDIT: Also, its not as if I don't know anything about either of the games. Looking at Banjo Kazooie's and Tooie's gameplay, I'm far less interested in the game than SMG.

Sir-Marwin105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sir-Marwin105
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts
I'm more wowed by gameplay than graphics. RE5 looks to play the same as RE4. Now, Super Mario Galaxy, that is wow inducing.
Shadow_Link50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shadow_Link50
[QUOTE="Shadow_Link50"]

funnymario

Its far different from any standard platformer. Sure, you could call going from planet to planeta gimmick but it is still new. It may have been done before to some slight degree in other games (Ratchet and Clank) but the concept is still rather original.

emawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 emawk

[QUOTE="emawk"] Who is seriously "WOWed" by Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles?nyoroism

Nobody.

How many people are "WOWed" by RE 5? Well, the number of new threads just on this game says it all.emawk
A ton of people.

Problem with this is, thewow factor you're talking about has to do with graphics. "Wow that game looks good!".

Wii has wow'd me with WarioWare. In the minigame where you had to hold the Wiimote like a champaigne bottle, shake it up, and then only when you moved your thumb would the cork burst open. That made me say "wow" out loud.

Of course, WarioWare wasn't all that great of game, but the wow factor is still there.

When I looked at that trailer, I saw more than just graphics.Refer to my posts on the first page.

I think more people here are wowed by how real the game looks.This is not just determined by graphics. They just don't realize this.

emawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 emawk

I'm more wowed by gameplay than graphics. RE5 looks to play the same as RE4. Now, Super Mario Galaxy, that is wow inducing.Sir-Marwin105

I can't see how Mario Galaxy is WoW-inducing, but it is your preference.

emawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 emawk
[QUOTE="funnymario"][QUOTE="Shadow_Link50"]

Shadow_Link50

Its far different from any standard platformer. Sure, you could call going from planet to planeta gimmick but it is still new. It may have been done before to some slight degree in other games (Ratchet and Clank) but the concept is still rather original.

I can't really see how that's original. It's pretty much like jumping from one platform to another. It's not as if the planets were huge or something.

Shadow_Link50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Shadow_Link50
[QUOTE="Shadow_Link50"][QUOTE="funnymario"][QUOTE="Shadow_Link50"]

emawk

I can't really see how that's original. It's pretty much like jumping from one platform to another. It's not as if the planets were huge or something.

Maybe I shouldn't have used the word innovative. Honestly the only innvoative platformer coming out that is known about would be Little Big Planet.

P.S. There are supposed to be some larger planets, by the way.

Sir-Marwin105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sir-Marwin105

[QUOTE="Sir-Marwin105"]I'm more wowed by gameplay than graphics. RE5 looks to play the same as RE4. Now, Super Mario Galaxy, that is wow inducing.emawk

As, I can't see how RE5 is WoW-inducing. In the end, isn't it all up to personal preference?
emawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 emawk
[QUOTE="emawk"]

[QUOTE="Sir-Marwin105"]I'm more wowed by gameplay than graphics. RE5 looks to play the same as RE4. Now, Super Mario Galaxy, that is wow inducing.Sir-Marwin105

As, I can't see how RE5 is WoW-inducing. In the end, isn't it all up to personal preference?

It's a personal preference that I'd say most people share, making it almost fact. I can't say the same about Mario Galaxy.

If RE5 was to come to the Wii unaltered, I could gurantee you that most Wii-fanboys would say WoW! In fact, I would go as far as to say that, deep down inside, most Wii-fanboys did say WoW! when they saw RE5 but are too fanboyish to admit it. I mean think about, most of them were jumping for joy when a last-gen RE4 was released on their console, but when they see a vastly improved iteration (RE5), they're not WoWed?

Are you sure you're not one of these Wii fanboys I just mentioned?

PhoebusFlows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PhoebusFlows
Member since 2007 • 2050 Posts

I think this game will be good enough to convert many sheep into buying a PS3/360. There are only a handful of system sellers and this is easily one of them.

Whenever they say it looks like RE4 but with updated visuals and than brush it off, I have to laugh when the Wii is getting the most PS2 ports and rehashes (how are you enjoying that Prince of Persia Wii?) with ZERO visual upgrades, and they have the nerve to laugh at RE5? :lol:

emawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 emawk

I think this game will be good enough to convert many sheep into buying a PS3/360. There are only a handful of system sellers and this is easily one of them.

Whenever they say it looks like RE4 but with updated visuals and than brush it off, I have to laugh when the Wii is getting the most PS2 ports and rehashes (how are you enjoying that Prince of Persia Wii?) with ZERO visual upgrades, and they have the nerve to laugh at RE5? :lol:

PhoebusFlows

They're just lieing to themselves, that's all.

Sir-Marwin105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sir-Marwin105
[QUOTE="Sir-Marwin105"][QUOTE="emawk"]

[QUOTE="Sir-Marwin105"]I'm more wowed by gameplay than graphics. RE5 looks to play the same as RE4. Now, Super Mario Galaxy, that is wow inducing.emawk

It's a personal preference that I'd say most people share, making it almost fact. I can't say the same about Mario Galaxy.

If a game RE5 was to come to the Wii unaltered, I could gurantee you that most Wii-fanboys would say WoW! If fact, I would go as far as to say that, deep down inside, most Wii-fanboys did say WoW! when they saw RE5 but are too fanboyish to admit it. I mean think about, most of them were jumping for joy when a last-gen RE4 was released on their console, but when they see a vastly improved iteration (RE5), they're not WoWed?

Are you sure you're not one of these Wii fanboys I justed mentioned?

Ok, I can admit that the graphics are insanely good. And I can say that I will probably get it. I like RE4. Overrated, but still good. But I can say that I am easily more impressed by SMG. RE5 doesn't look to change the gameplay.:(
emawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 emawk

Ok, I can admit that the graphics are insanely good. And I can say that I will probably get it. I like RE4. Overrated, but still good. But I can say that I am easily more impressed by SMG. RE5 doesn't look to change the gameplay.:(Sir-Marwin105

We're getting somewhere...

Also, I think all you're seeing is not just the greatly improved graphics. Take a closer look.