I have played KZ and watched Ryse played on Xbox One

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

Let me tell you. Both look good. But Ryse is out of this world good! Graphics are the best hands down.

Again, not dogging KZ, it has great visuals. But Ryse is amazing visuals. IGN, eurogamer and gamespot all agreed Ryse is the standard for next gen graphics.

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (29248 posts) -

Wondering if anyone can take you seriously with that name when you're speaking about anything related to the xbox

#3 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11524 posts) -

Fair and balanced impressions right there.

#4 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

I have Killzone SF and I can tell you right now............It looks good. But Battlefield 4 looks better on the PS4. BF4 is ridiculously good looking on the PS4. The KZ character models do not look as good and a lot of the background scenery in KZ is pre-rendered as well. At the end of the forest level you have to climb a rocky edge to get to a base at the top. You plant C4 on a few turrets and catch a chopper ride out of dodge. The background looks really nice with a city in the background but it is pre-rendered.
They use tricks like that to make it look a little better than it really is. BF4 is just a fucking beast.

#5 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

Wondering if anyone can take you seriously with that name when you're speaking about anything related to the xbox

#6 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Owned.

#7 Posted by Bosskiller500 (334 posts) -

@timbers_WSU: BF4 on a high end pc looks much better then ps4 bf4

#8 Posted by Sweenix (5396 posts) -

Ofcourse you watched ryse

It's a movie after all

#9 Posted by MonsieurX (29248 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Congrats,you bought a PS4(or someone close to you)

#10 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -
#11 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

@MonsieurX said:

Owned.

^^^^, Trailer sure does look nice and i actually kind want it after that watching that video. I play the demo on Friday assuming there be one

#12 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

@MonsieurX said:

Congrats,you bought a PS4(or someone close to you)

No its all mine, ive played BF4 and KZ and I promise you, Ryse is better looking. Im not being an ass or putting down KZ, again great graphics, but Ryse graphics are on another level. im not trolling or bagging on Sony. Im giving you my thoughts after seeing both games graphics first hand in person. not on a youtube trailer.

#13 Posted by Weird_Jerk (577 posts) -

Maybe there will be some actually impressive games within the next few years when engines are actually built from the ground up for the consoles, much in the way that Guerrilla, ND, and to some extent Epic (heavy tweaking of UE3) did for their respective titles. So far as I know, all the current games being shown have been built on preestablished engines that have been tweaked.

Looking forward to UE4 and what Frostbite 3(.5) can do, as even games such as Ryse using Cryengine 3 have been heavily stripped down to run on the hardware of the "next generation" consoles. Here's hoping the extensive memory keeps them afloat for at least 5 years.

In terms of current games, not a one looks impressive, let alone jaw-dropping.

#14 Posted by silversix_ (13924 posts) -

Dat 900p tho

#15 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

Dat 900p tho

dat 900p out preformed yo 1080p

#16 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

@timbers_WSU said:

@mrxboxone said:

@MonsieurX said:

Owned.

^^^^, Trailer sure does look nice and i actually kind want it after that watching that video. I play the demo on Friday assuming there be one

Sadly the only demo's the XBONE is launching with is KI with Jago, FIFA, and Kinect Sports Preseason. At least that is what was on there when that video went up from the guy who got his XBONE early.
I have played Ryse on 2 occasions. It is not near as bad or boring as some people say it is. My only problem is there is not a lot of depth in the fighting system. It really is like the Arkham games but the point is to build your combo's up to get better executions. Marcus (The guy you are in the game) really does the moves randomly. Not sure why Arkham gets praised for its fighting system but Ryse gets slammed for copying it but adding executions.

Ryse isn't a system seller. It is an average game that is demoing the XBONE's power. And there really isn't anything wrong with that. It is the Killzone SF for the XBONE.

#17 Edited by silversix_ (13924 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Dat 900p tho

My? I don't own KZ but played it and i know how it looks. 900p is meh and not impressive.

#18 Posted by Krelian-co (10251 posts) -

Fair and balanced impressions right there.

someone called mr xbox is obviously objective

#19 Posted by NFJSupreme (5131 posts) -

i can see how you would come to this conclusion. I came to this conclusion without even have to play either game. Ryse does look better. Cows wont want to admit this of course. IGN, eurogamer, gamespot, and whoever else says this are all on MS' payroll right?

#20 Posted by MajesticShea (695 posts) -

Ryse looks so bad tbh. Now killzone that game would honestly have to be 720p or 640p on Xbox One to achieve the same fram rate with alot worse textures obviously.

#21 Posted by NFJSupreme (5131 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

@silversix_ said:

Dat 900p tho

My? I don't own KZ but played it and i know how it looks. 900p is meh and not impressive.

spoken like a true twit. The same reason Ryse looks better than Killzone is the same reason Uncharted won best graphics even though you find higher resolution games on PC. Don't be a buffoon.

#22 Edited by Gue1 (9439 posts) -

I have Killzone SF and I can tell you right now............It looks good. But Battlefield 4 looks better on the PS4. BF4 is ridiculously good looking on the PS4. The KZ character models do not look as good and a lot of the background scenery in KZ is pre-rendered as well. At the end of the forest level you have to climb a rocky edge to get to a base at the top. You plant C4 on a few turrets and catch a chopper ride out of dodge. The background looks really nice with a city in the background but it is pre-rendered.

They use tricks like that to make it look a little better than it really is. BF4 is just a fucking beast.

timber always doing all he can to make himself look like a fool. lol

Seriously, go and google what pre-rendered even means because as always... You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. XD

#23 Posted by MajesticShea (695 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@timbers_WSU said:

Seriously, go and google what pre-rendered even means because as always... You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. XD

He is an idiot, pre rendered is a technique that from a graphical standpoint doesn't matter if it looks good.

#24 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -
#25 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@timbers_WSU said:

He is an idiot, pre rendered is a technique that from a graphical standpoint doesn't matter if it looks good.

And yet you haven't played it. And I am not gonna get impressed with a static background in a game. You go right on ahead. You obviously need more in your pathetic existence than you have at the moment.

#26 Posted by MajesticShea (695 posts) -

@majesticshea said:

@Gue1 said:

@timbers_WSU said:

And yet you haven't played it. And I am not gonna get impressed with a static background in a game. You go right on ahead. You obviously need more in your pathetic existence than you have at the moment.

Seems I stuck a nerve.

#27 Edited by Animal-Mother (26420 posts) -

Let me tell you. Both look good. But Ryse is out of this world good! Graphics are the best hands down.

Again, not dogging KZ, it has great visuals. But Ryse is amazing visuals. IGN, eurogamer and gamespot all agreed Ryse is the standard for next gen graphics.

Looks at name. This is SW right about now

#28 Posted by MajesticShea (695 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

Looks at name. This is SW right about now

is that from the simpsons?

#29 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

Just giving you some insight.

#30 Edited by mtradr43 (5272 posts) -

More cows bored of their ps4 already? Theres always ebay guys. No need to still be obsessed with the x1, you have an arcade game to play some more.

#31 Edited by Animal-Mother (26420 posts) -

Just giving you some insight.

Insight as to what? All your pro-xbox one threads? And adding another one? Also with a name like Mr.XboxOne? You're joking right? Or are you ya know?

#32 Posted by j2zon2591 (2238 posts) -

I kinda agree. Ryse just look more impressive but I think it's because it's more developed as a movie game closer to Beyond/Heavy Rain/etc. than Halo games.

Looks more epic than Sony's Wizard tho.

Crytek's just damn good with graphical presentations.

#33 Edited by stereointegrity (10700 posts) -

ryse has less on screen npc's and super linear areas compared to KZ

#34 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9093 posts) -

People got some bad eyes. Only the cut scenes of Ryse look good. The actual game play on the other hand looks like crap. 2D clothing, clipping, jags, blurry image and low res textures.

KZSF isn't great either... POP-in out the ass and gd motion blur.

#35 Posted by silversix_ (13924 posts) -

@silversix_: you lost all credibility

what do you want from meeee? WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!? Its 900p, im playing (trying to play at least lol) BF4 on ps4 and its bad. 900p is bleh.

#36 Edited by Crypt_mx (3949 posts) -

@Truth_Hurts_U said:

People got some bad eyes. Only the cut scenes of Ryse look good. The actual game play on the other hand looks like crap. 2D clothing, clipping, jags, blurry image and low res textures.

KZSF isn't great either... POP-in out the ass and gd motion blur.

If Ryse and KZ are horrendously ugly according to you can you then please tell me which console game has good graphics in your opinion?

Because from a tech standpoint they are the current console graphics kings, we haven't seen anything else even come close.

Obviously PC games look better than both of those titles, but that's not what anyone here is comparing.

#37 Edited by Pray_to_me (2801 posts) -

fraid not. first of all dat 900p. Second it's a qte point and click game.

#38 Posted by Bruin1986 (1204 posts) -

That's just objectively incorrect.

Watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNYkcePBsRw

There are portions with dozens of npc's on the screen simultaneously.

I've watched the first 3-4 hours of Killzone singleplayer, and nowhere during that time do I remember seeing that many NPC's. If I'm mistaken, please show me.

#39 Posted by KHAndAnime (13301 posts) -

I have played Killzone and seen Ryse's gameplay online. And it's just not that visually impressive. The cutscenes are, but when it comes to the ingame, the texture work is noticeably dingy and muddy compared to Killzone's.

#40 Posted by Basinboy (10993 posts) -

If I'm ever going to concede anything to Crysis 3, it's the best looking game to date (assuming you have the specs to put it on ultra @ 60FPS)

Too bad everything else about that game is a steamy pile of sh*t and Ryse looks to be a worthy successor to that legacy

#41 Edited by KHAndAnime (13301 posts) -

@Bruin1986 said:

@stereointegrity said:

Watch:

I've watched the first 3-4 hours of Killzone singleplayer, and nowhere during that time do I remember seeing that many NPC's. If I'm mistaken, please show me.

Holy shit is that an awful camera. FoV encompasses your player model and not much else, does it? It's so zoomed in, I think I might get a headache if I actually played the game...

Can someone remind me what are so impressive about these graphics? Killzone: SF often teeters on the border of photorealism. This is teetering on the border of a 360 game...

#42 Posted by Bruin1986 (1204 posts) -

Dat 900p tho

And if resolution was the sole determining factor is graphical fidelity...that statement would actually have merit!

But seriously...are frame rate and resolution mindlessly thrown-up in EVERY thread because they are simple numbers and allow the mentally incapacitated to think, "herp, derp...dat number bigger!!! Must be better!!!"

I'm genuinely curious because resolution is only one variable in the innumerable factors that contribute to graphics quality...but I guess it's the easiest one to compare and allows a poster to ignorantly "win" an internet debate.

#43 Posted by silversix_ (13924 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Dat 900p tho

And if resolution was the sole determining factor is graphical fidelity...that statement would actually have merit!

But seriously...are frame rate and resolution mindlessly thrown-up in EVERY thread because they are simple numbers and allow the mentally incapacitated to think, "herp, derp...dat number bigger!!! Must be better!!!"

I'm genuinely curious because resolution is only one variable in the innumerable factors that contribute to graphics quality...but I guess it's the easiest one to compare and allows a poster to ignorantly "win" an internet debate.

what's the point of having great textures when you have a vaseline layer on your screen?

#44 Edited by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

Xbox one wins again

#45 Posted by stereointegrity (10700 posts) -

@stereointegrity said:

Watch:

i meant to put enemy npc's...not background fighting...just actual people u have to take out

#46 Posted by sukraj (21902 posts) -

Ryse looks freaken awesome.

#47 Posted by mrfokken (625 posts) -

You guys are kidding right?

How many character models are their 5? The gameplay I've seen shows you fighting the same 3 or 4 guys over and over and over. The Roman soldiers are all exactly the same with exactly the same shield. And, everyone is walking around on the shiniest damn rocks and sand I've ever seen.

Besides that, the gameplay looks to be centered around batman type combat. Can you do anything other than fight the same guys over and over?

And, where exactly does your character keep pulling spears out of? Thin air? This game looks like a joke. At least the vids are good for a laugh.

#48 Edited by clr84651 (5349 posts) -

@timbers_WSU:

@mrxboxone said:

@MonsieurX said:

Owned.

Not necessarily. He could be faking it or be more of an Xbox fan than a PS fan. I don't see how the PS4 having 150% better GPU and better RAM wouldn't have better visual games than X1.

#49 Posted by withe1982 (450 posts) -

No doubt Ryse looks fantastic which is no surprise using the cryengine. No point in looking amazing is you play like simple simon though. Hopefully the gameplay will match the visuals otherwise you've just got a $60 tech demo. For the sake of this gen I hope it does well. Not really had a game that looks and feels/plays it so far from either side.

#50 Edited by Gue1 (9439 posts) -

@mrfokken said:

You guys are kidding right?

How many character models are their 5? The gameplay I've seen shows you fighting the same 3 or 4 guys over and over and over. The Roman soldiers are all exactly the same with exactly the same shield. And, everyone is walking around on the shiniest damn rocks and sand I've ever seen.

Besides that, the gameplay looks to be centered around batman type combat. Can you do anything other than fight the same guys over and over?

And, where exactly does your character keep pulling spears out of? Thin air? This game looks like a joke. At least the vids are good for a laugh.

we'll just have to wait for DF to say that it is the best looking game on next-gen consoles because you can't trust the opinion of a lem. Just look at timber saying the Killzone's backdrops are pre-rendered when the only thing pre-rendered on Killzone are the cut-scenes just like Ryse but worse. Because Ryse uses way higher poly models on cut-scenes than Killzone. In actual gameplay Ryse looks blurry, the environments don't have that many good textures either, frame-rate is erratic, etc.