I had a good time with 360, will I with PS4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by SpiderLuke (443 posts) -

These are real confusing times. I've had a lot of fun over the years on my Xbox 360.

The general consensus of the internet seems to lean toward PS4 and my wallet seems to like the idea of it too.

The question is, can someone who grew to love playing games on 360 find the same fun and sense of community on a Playstation 4?

#2 Posted by Suppaman100 (2973 posts) -

If you managed to have a good time on 360, you'll have a GREAT time on PS4.

No RROD, superior multiplats, better first-party games and of course better hardware for less money.

#3 Posted by k2theswiss (16223 posts) -

that's up to you sir. both consoles are going to get multiplats, look at the the features and exclusives and you got your choice

Either way Damian is games you'll have fun either way hopefully.

#4 Edited by k2theswiss (16223 posts) -

@Suppaman100: cough RLOD cough. Ps4 is the only system we been hearing crashing. You can claim its because the showhole size cases, but isnt the system suppose to produce less heat then the ps3? The ps3 has been on display this wholr gen in a shoebox

#5 Posted by Suppaman100 (2973 posts) -

@Suppaman100: cough RLOD cough. Ps4 is the only system we been hearing crashing. You can claim its because the showhole size cases, but isnt the system suppose to produce less heat then the ps3? The ps3 has been on display this wholr gen in a shoebox

Speculation, speculation,...Come on now, I expected some better damage control from you.

Anyway have fun with your Xbone 720p cablebox.

#6 Posted by k2theswiss (16223 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

Speculation, speculation,...Come on now, I expected some better damage control from you.

im not the one bringing up rrod

#7 Edited by Suppaman100 (2973 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@k2theswiss said:

im not the one bringing up rrod

True, although RROD did happen on a massive scale.

#8 Edited by Sweenix (5114 posts) -

Lol guys, let's calm down a little.

Anyways, You will love the PS4

- The multiplats will be slightly better

- The new controller is amazing

- Online is pretty much the same as XBL

- Playstation plus > Games for gold "i cannot stress this enough"

- Cheaper Price

- Headset comes with PS4, Meaning the online community will be more active

- Sony's first party studio is amazing

The ps4 will be fantastic, although you could go no wrong with either console.

#9 Posted by SpiderLuke (443 posts) -

@Sweenix: Those all definitely sound like pluses. I did own both systems this gen and enjoyed both thoroughly in very different ways. I played a lot of multiplats on 360 either because the controller fit my hand better for whatever game I was playing or just because there were a number of multiplats that had better framerate on 360.

I do love my PS3 for PSplus, their exclusives and JRPGs. It seems like this generation it might be going the other way with multiplats faring better on PS4.

Lol, I probably would end up picking PS4 first anyways because I just bought a condo and money is a bit tight because of that at the moment.

Right now I think most my friends are sticking to current gen too so it is hard to judge where to go since I'm plunging into next gen alone basically. The truth of the matter is that I have a ton of friends on LIVE and maybe 2 on PSN. So my entire experience with Sony has been very single-player oriented.

Naturally, that probably causes me to have some bias saying that I have a much richer multiplayer experience with Microsoft. Either way, though, I'd be alone in the beginning with either next gen system. So maybe PS4 wouldn't be so bad then. lol

#10 Posted by freedomfreak (36493 posts) -

Just bought a condo? Nice.

And you really want a next gen console now? Like, on release?

#11 Posted by trugs26 (4662 posts) -

I'd wait a little and just see how the library pans out. Then simply decide based on the library of games on offer.

Don't decide based on the "general consensus of the internet", because everyone is only speculating, after all, no ones played either system for an extended period of time to actually know. The general consensus thought the PS3 would be awesome system from the get go prior to launch, turned out the PS3 was overpriced and was a wasteland in the first year or so. The Vita had the general consensus that it'd dominate the 3DS. We all know how that turned out. My point is don't listen to the hype. It's all crap and at launch time a lot of people become more fanboyish than usual. Let the craze die down a little then judge.

If you want to buy at launch, then it's a bit of a gamble and I wish you the best of luck!

#12 Edited by PAL360 (26321 posts) -

I believe so, 360 and PS4 have alot in common. Full third party support, easy to develop for, powerful hardware where it matters for games (RAM and GPU), popularity, good controller design, etc.

As a bonus, it will have more first party diversity than 360 ever had.

#13 Edited by ZombieKiller7 (6194 posts) -

I enjoyed the Playstation community and environment alot

That being said, there's no reason to be an early adopter.

PS3 will still be supported for a number of years

I would stick with PC/PS3 for the next 2-3 years, after which I would consider buying a PS4 if there are enough titles to justify the purchase.

#14 Posted by Netret0120 (1545 posts) -

Sony fanboys will say yes

M$ Fanboys will say no

Hermits will continue to be lame

People with logic will say yes.

I say yes

#15 Posted by AtariKidX (6138 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Lol guys, let's calm down a little.

Anyways, You will love the PS4

- The multiplats will be slightly better

- The new controller is amazing

- Online is pretty much the same as XBL

- Playstation plus > Games for gold "i cannot stress this enough"

- Cheaper Price

- Headset comes with PS4, Meaning the online community will be more active

- Sony's first party studio is amazing

The ps4 will be fantastic, although you could go no wrong with either console.

I agree......+1.

#16 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

No one will have fun with the PS4 at launch once the honeymoon period ends with Killzone but in a few years it will be amazing

#17 Posted by BigShotSmoov007 (224 posts) -
#18 Posted by BigShotSmoov007 (224 posts) -

But to answer your question, if you don't have the money to spend $500 then you should be fine with the PS4. No one can tell you which console you'll have more fun with, only you can answer that question but both consoles are pretty much equal in alot of categories. My personal I like the XBO launch titles better and more excited about the feathers on it for launch than I am the PS4 but it's all peference. I will have both by March of next year when Infamous comes out but I'm choosing the XBO this year with 6 games rather than buy both and have only 1 or 2 games for each. But either way you'll enjoy the console you'll get.

#19 Edited by Pray_to_me (2480 posts) -

Everyone's gonna be on PSN. There's no year headstart for M$ this time. Early adopters will go PS4 and casuals will follow.

#20 Posted by ImBatman- (1014 posts) -

I'd wait a bit and get a PS4 sometime in 2014 just in case of problems at launch and by then we should have a better idea of what the games lineup will look like. The PS4 will be my main gaming console this gen.

It will have superior multiplats in addition to Sony's legendary exclusives for $100 less compared to the Xbone. The PS4 currently has twice as many games as the Xbone announced for it, and this is with Sony holding back on most of their announcements.

#21 Posted by iambatman7986 (333 posts) -

I think you would. I enjoyed both this past gen and I don't see the complaints against PSN minus the install after downloads which seemed to add some time on to the whole process as opposed to it being streamlined like Live. I'm thinking PSN will be more active and streamlined this gen which I welcome.

#22 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (4969 posts) -

If you managed to have a good time on 360, you'll have a GREAT time on PS4.

No RROD, superior multiplats, better first-party games and of course better hardware for less money.

1 and done.

#23 Posted by SpiderLuke (443 posts) -

@iambatman7986: Yeah, The DL times and updates always peeved me too on PS3. Online play wasn't too bad. The Last of Us took me about 2 days to download. lol

#24 Posted by foxhound_fox (85368 posts) -

Not in the first year. Console launches are always severely lacking and will leave you with severe buyers/early adopters remorse. It won't be as bad as the PS3 though.