I dont know why RE4 is so good, i DIE ALL THE TIME...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

greenleaflink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 greenleaflink
Member since 2006 • 3686 Posts

maybe i am no good at shooters

but im stuck in the first village where all the zombies are, havent even met up with the famous chainsaw dude

i wana love this game and be good at it, BUT I SUCK

i die, i give up.

i read about people beating the game like 4 times etc etc

didnt anyone else find it hard?

The_Nemacyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 The_Nemacyst
Member since 2007 • 1388 Posts
One of the easiest shooters ever.. The only thing a little hard is Mercenaries mode. This game is easier than Halo 2.
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts
You're not good at the game. I died every now and then, but it was all challenging, never hard.
imothissucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 imothissucks
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts
One of the easiest shooters ever.. The only thing a little hard is Mercenaries mode. This game is easier than Halo 2.The_Nemacyst
im not even going to touch this one....
ferretzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ferretzor
Member since 2005 • 2792 Posts
Just keep trying. You'll get used to it after a while and then find that section really easy.
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts

but im stuck in the first village where all the zombies are, havent even met up with the famous chainsaw dude

i die, i give up.

greenleaflink
u gotta go for the head... make sure u move around alot, dont stay at one place... use the move the lets u turn back in 1 sec a lot... also kick ppls heads off.. use nades...use knife.. ect ect
greenleaflink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 greenleaflink
Member since 2006 • 3686 Posts
[QUOTE="greenleaflink"]

i die, i give up.

killtactics
u gotta go for the head... make sure u move around alot, dont stay at one place... use the move the lets u turn back in 1 sec a lot... also kick ppls heads off.. use nades...use knife.. ect ect

i try to kick and they strangle me... i try to knife em same thing i run out of bullets blah. ill try again though
Shadow_Link50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shadow_Link50
Member since 2004 • 1853 Posts
I actually died a bunch of times in the first village part. The rest of the village part of the game is WAYYYY easier. If you're running out of ammo then just try restarting from the beginning and conserve your ammo.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
The begging is hard but after that it is much more managable, just start out going left at the fork in the road and pick up the gernade and herb back there and run all the way to the end where the exit is on your map and use it as a bottle neck to shoot all of them until they go away. Also use the gernade on the chainsaw person.
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts
[QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="greenleaflink"]

i die, i give up.

greenleaflink

i try to kick and they strangle me... i try to knife em same thing i run out of bullets blah. ill try again though

What I did was I went inside the small shack at the right of the level and let them come to me.
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts
[QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="greenleaflink"]

i die, i give up.

greenleaflink

kick only after u shoot them in the head and they are holding there faces... only knife the ones who are on the ground... if they start strangling u... flip Sh*** on the controler...
science_monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 science_monkey
Member since 2003 • 2459 Posts
Do you know where the shotgun is? I just camp on the roof of a building and wait for the zombies to come to me. :)
supersaiyan039

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 supersaiyan039
Member since 2006 • 927 Posts
i was the same way dieing multiple times before i used gameshark.
Onetouchable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Onetouchable
Member since 2006 • 315 Posts
hehe, I died more on the first village than any other part of the game.

I think it's just cause you have to get used to it, and it starts off with a level very challenging to beginners.

just learn to only shoot if you know your bullet is going to do something effective...don't just blast away into a zombie's stomach.
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
This game is very overrated IMO.

Anyway, at the village...don't go into the house with the shotgun (it causes more people to spawn + a chainsaw guy).  Stay outside where you can manuever.  If you're caught inside then jump out the window.  DO NOT CLIMB UP THE TOWER or they'll throw explosives at you IIRC.  Umm...what other advice can I give?  Don't try to leave the area.  The one exit is gaurded by a chainsaw guy.  Well, not much can be said at this point in the game.  Just aim for the head and all should be fine.

I found the game extremely easy even on professional...
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Baird-06
Member since 2006 • 3511 Posts

i die, i give up.

greenleaflink
Go into the houses and look for the shotgun. If not, just run up some stairs in one of the houses and hold off on the roof.
The_Nemacyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Nemacyst
Member since 2007 • 1388 Posts

Anyway, at the village...don't go into the house with the shotgun (it causes more people to spawn + a chainsaw guy).  Stay outside where you can manuever.  If you're caught inside then jump out the window.  DO NOT CLIMB UP THE TOWER or they'll throw explosives at you IIRC.  Umm...what other advice can I give?  Don't try to leave the area.  The one exit is gaurded by a chainsaw guy.  Well, not much can be said at this point in the game.  Just aim for the head and all should be fine.

I found the game extremely easy even on professional...Saturos3091
Nah, it was a great game. With lots of replayability. Although I can defeat the campaign around 2-3 days, it's still pretty fun.
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts

why the first village was hard? Of course I saw someone play it before me so I knew to run in the house before trying to touch any of the zombies. does anyone else do that.

but there was this one part in the castle that took me like 5 tries to get past

Raidea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Raidea
Member since 2006 • 4366 Posts
i was the same way dieing multiple times before i used gameshark.supersaiyan039

It really wasn't that difficult...
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 laughingman42

here is how I do it. I run past everything strait to the house. cover the windows with the shelves. run upstairs and grab the shotgun and ammo. then jump through the window onto the roof. use the pistol to keep poeple off ot the roof for a while. when villagers start comming through the window I run around to where the spinal is grab that then go up the tower. then I immediatly jump down and give chainsaw man a shot to the head. I run off to the side then wait for shotgun uy to get up and blast him again. I repeat until he is dead then I just start mowing villagers down. I usually dont even get hit. its my favorite part of the whole game.

science_monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 science_monkey
Member since 2003 • 2459 Posts

I disagree, I say get the shotgun in the bedroom, climb out the window, go to the right and stay close to the wall. Wait for the zombies to come to you and shoot them with the shotgun. The grenades can't hit you from there. It takes a while, but its the easiest and safest way to kill all the zombies.
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 laughingman42
[QUOTE="greenleaflink"][QUOTE="killtactics"][QUOTE="greenleaflink"]

i die, i give up.

killtactics

kick only after u shoot them in the head and they are holding there faces... only knife the ones who are on the ground... if they start strangling u... flip Sh*** on the controler...

you can also kick then if they go down on one knee. When its one on one or 2 on one I just shoot guys in the knees kick them and knife them to death.
geodisicdome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 geodisicdome
Member since 2005 • 13663 Posts
i completed it fairly easily, but it was hard in parts. certainly shouldnt take more than a few hours to get past the first village.
Koolsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Koolsen
Member since 2004 • 8054 Posts
I run around to the left in the fork and then run straight for the house across from the one with the shotgun. Run into the house and blast the lock off the inside door. Then I use headshots and kicks to keep enemies away. Just defend the room (one entrance and no windows) unti the bell rings. Also use grenades only on large groups (3 or more)
-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts
Yea the first part is only hard because your just getting used to the controls and they through a bunch of enemies at you
coldhelp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 coldhelp
Member since 2007 • 123 Posts

i die, i give up.

greenleaflink
Maybe you should try starting out on Easy Mode. Normal Mode has many more enemies, and the damage they do is much greater, so it can be hard for a novice.
Koolsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Koolsen
[QUOTE="greenleaflink"]

i die, i give up.

coldhelp
Maybe you should try starting out on Easy Mode. Normal Mode has many more enemies, and the damage they do is much greater, so it can be hard for a novice.

Gamecube version has no easy mode.... He might be playing that version...
coldhelp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 coldhelp
[QUOTE="Saturos3091"]This game is very overrated IMO.

Anyway, at the village...don't go into the house with the shotgun (it causes more people to spawn + a chainsaw guy). Stay outside where you can manuever. If you're caught inside then jump out the window. DO NOT CLIMB UP THE TOWER or they'll throw explosives at you IIRC. Umm...what other advice can I give? Don't try to leave the area. The one exit is gaurded by a chainsaw guy. Well, not much can be said at this point in the game. Just aim for the head and all should be fine.

I found the game extremely easy even on professional...The_Nemacyst
Nah, it was a great game. With lots of replayability. Although I can defeat the campaign around 2-3 days, it's still pretty fun.

There wasn't any replayability at all for me. I played it once and never felt compelled to play it again.
coldhelp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 coldhelp
[QUOTE="coldhelp"][QUOTE="greenleaflink"]

i die, i give up.

Koolsen

I have the gamecube version and it has an easy mode....
crashintome202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 crashintome202
Member since 2004 • 466 Posts
i pulled out my gamecube and played this game again for the first time in over a year. I didnt get that far in... dont know why i stopped....
Koolsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Koolsen
[QUOTE="Koolsen"][QUOTE="coldhelp"][QUOTE="greenleaflink"]

i die, i give up.

coldhelp

... Thats PAL version only. American release only has Normal and you can unlock hard...
coldhelp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 coldhelp
[QUOTE="coldhelp"][QUOTE="Koolsen"][QUOTE="coldhelp"][QUOTE="greenleaflink"]

i die, i give up.

Koolsen

... Thats PAL version only. American release only has Normal and you can unlock hard...

See? Gamecube [PAL version] does have an easy mode.
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 InfamousC
Member since 2006 • 2389 Posts

This game is not overrated at all. This is the best game I played last generation. TC: This game is pretty easy if you ask me if you find yourself in a tight situation just run around until you can regroup. Go to gamefaqs to see strategy guides. IMO though these ruin the experience.

Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts
possibly the easiest anf funnest shooter I have ever played :P , it was satisfiying, although I really hated the ending.
trasherhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 trasherhead
Member since 2005 • 3058 Posts
sorry, but if your skill level is THAT low you should try something easyer... Like Tetris j/k
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts
It's one of the harder games that I've played, and I play a lot of shooters.

Actually, next to Ninja Gaiden, I found Resident Evil 4 to be the hardest game I've ever played. I'm simply not good under pressure, and there's plenty of pressure in the game.
Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts
RE4 is really, really easy.
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
Keep trying, it's the best game in the world...
HellsAngel2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 HellsAngel2c
Member since 2004 • 5540 Posts
keep trying. What you should do for the village is find a choke point, and shoot any scary spanish dudes in the head who appear- then, collect what they drop and run back to the choke point. Simple really. Also, if you can, knife them when they are on the ground to save ammo.
RichieRich555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 RichieRich555
Member since 2007 • 410 Posts

i die, i give up.

greenleaflink
Only challenging thing is the boss's which you can kill in one hit with a rocket so... yea
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#42 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts

i die, i give up.

greenleaflink
run up the ladder on the tower, and when they climb up just pop 'em in the head :)
curtkobain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 curtkobain
Member since 2005 • 3898 Posts
easiest way is to go into a small house that doesnt have very many windows or doors. shoot a hole in the door and then just pull out your knife and slash through the door. you can do it this wasy without even getting hurt once. just keep slashing
Nex_Ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Nex_Ownage
Member since 2004 • 4753 Posts
Did you try using guides? Gamefaqs.com shoould help alot, you'll find many detailed walkthroughs over there.
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts
run into the shack with the open door, this should trigger a cutscene with the chainsaw man showing up. Barracade the door and window and then run upstairs and you'll find a shotgun on the wall. Grab it and all the ammo and grenades and then jump out the window and barracade youself in the building right accross from the one you jumped out of. Keep your back to the wall and shoot anything that comes near you with the shotgun. If you get a large groupe, toss a grenade at them.
thetennisman8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 thetennisman8
Member since 2006 • 316 Posts
maybe you just suck at the game. Not flaming, just really...maybe it's not a game for you.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21653 Posts
On my first go through, I only died 3 times. And thats when the guy with a skull on his head head a mission gun......make that 10 times with the Krauser fighting Leon scene which I died many times on. And the last boss gave me a hard time........
LeoGionZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LeoGionZ
Member since 2007 • 48 Posts
Well I think that you are not that good at shooters. You can practice and get better at it. It's not like people who play this game for the first time get the hang out if. It takes time for you to get the precise controls and strategy of the enemy.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Challenging but not hard. Conserve Ammo, make use of space.Aim for headshots before parasite start to come out. Shoot Legs, Kick Down, Slash to death. Upgrade wisely. Sell and buy wisely.