I don't get PC elitists.

• 190 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Ok, The usual arguments of pricing, hardware not able to run certain games without upgrading and constant viral attacks even if you have antivirus. Take all those and chuck them out the window.

I just watched PC footage of Battlefield 4 because i wanted to see the building and dam collapse. Most PC elitists rave about mouse and keyboard controls. I was watching the guy play and the screen was jerking back and forth so quickly that I almost got dizzy.

Sure, the mouse gives players the ability to turn and see enemies far quicker than a controller can, but you loose any sense of realistic movement.

I'd personally rather have realistic movement than jerky quick turns. Yes, I'm well aware you can turn the sensitivity down but isn't that quick move the edge you PC players are always bragging about?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23706 Posts

Sometimes I have a loose sense of reality.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178793 Posts

Eh some people like gaming on a PC....not sure why that equals elite. Just a different approach. Personally I do prefer consoles. But I am building a gaming PC. Probably use a controller though. Really don't like keyboard and mouse for games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

yes because the movement with a controller is more precise *sigh* the human body does not move like the analogues, that would be more fitting for a tank. So neither KB/M nor a CController is no where near realistic, so the Whole point TC made is Moot.

Not to mention that the games are not realistic either, sorry but if you think modelling a gun after a realworld counterpart makes it real, you really need to put Down your controller, and go outside.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Most likely it was the capture BF4 runs very smooth and looks great on pc.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#6 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Really don't like keyboard and mouse for games.

I have tried so many times to game with a mouse and keyboard and I just hate it. Chalk it up to growing up with a controller in my hand. :P

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ConanTheStoner

@LJS9502_basic said:

Eh some people like gaming on a PC....not sure why that equals elite. Just a different approach. Personally I do prefer consoles. But I am building a gaming PC. Probably use a controller though. Really don't like keyboard and mouse for games.

I've always preferred a controller as well, it just suits most of the genres that I'm into. I grew up on consoles for the most part so it is what it is. But I'm sure you'll find that with some games, mouse and keyboard does provide a more enjoyable experience.

There are plenty of arguments to be had either way, but yeah... preference.

Still, I find TCs reasoning a bit laughable. Kind of reaching, really.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

If your getting viruses a lot then you don't know how to use the internet.

1. Don't visit websites you don't know.

2. Use ad blocker, since even good sites get infected ads.

3. Also enable the highest setting of pop-up blocker.

4. Get a good antivirus with the whole shebang. (I use Norton that is free with my ISP)

5. Hover your mouse over the sender of the e-mail and it will tell you who really sent it.

6. Use Malwarebytes.

7. Keep Windows and any other program up to date.

8. Always download from a good site and search a file before you download it.

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts

You don't get PC gamers because we're able to enjoy a control scheme that you are not? Right.

Also, news flash: Games are not realistic.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@Telekill said:

Ok, The usual arguments of pricing, hardware not able to run certain games without upgrading and constant viral attacks even if you have antivirus. Take all those and chuck them out the window.

I just watched PC footage of Battlefield 4 because i wanted to see the building and dam collapse. Most PC elitists rave about mouse and keyboard controls. I was watching the guy play and the screen was jerking back and forth so quickly that I almost got dizzy.

Sure, the mouse gives players the ability to turn and see enemies far quicker than a controller can, but you loose any sense of realistic movement.

I'd personally rather have realistic movement than jerky quick turns. Yes, I'm well aware you can turn the sensitivity down but isn't that quick move the edge you PC players are always bragging about?

Yeah because console "ANALOG" + "AUTOAIM" is more realistic than mouse because movie moves just like real gun in hands. Oh wait...

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Explain "realistic movement" because I don't think you know what you're talking about.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ConanTheStoner

@Truth_Hurts_U:

Yeah man, I built my machine in 2010 and I've only gotten one virus in that whole stretch of time. I'm not really tech savvy either.

I guess some people are just magnets for it though. I swear my mom fucks up her computer every damn week lol

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

If you want to compare console to PC gaming then don't just mention some supposed negatives.

This thread is about you not understanding keyboard and mouse superiority in certain games.

When you look at someone using a keyboard mouse the screen does move frantically and it does seem very disorienting except when you are the one playing. Because then the screen moves relative to your mouse movements and it does not feel disorienting at all. It's a bit silly to talk about a controller giving more 'realistic movement' because that is not something we all want to see, and a controller makes you move like a robot and turn around unrealistically slow unless you approach a keyboard mouse turning speed (which then becomes just as disorienting) and uses auto aiming almost as a standard aid. It's the peeing contest vs the laser eyes. None of that is very realistic.

The wiimote allowed for more 'realistic controls in an FPS game than keyboard mouse or dual analogue. It gives you analogue movement and you can aim somewhere else than the middle of the screen. There are analogue movement sticks for analogue/mouse controls but analogue movement doesn't add much to an FPS game because you use the mouse to control the direction of your movement.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

Lol. Watching someone play a shooter on consoles is a disaster of slow, tank-like movement and inaccurate attacks. Tlak about jerky. PC gameplay is super smooth and accurate in comparison.

CatwomanIsKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By CatwomanIsKyle
Member since 2014 • 77 Posts

Not much to get.

A pc gamer, is a mad gamer.

Not happy with pc games.

Must petition for ports of console games.

Hence the name pc panhandlers.

No game of the year exclusives.

Fallback on specs, mods, and other malarkey.

Again, not much to get.

This cannot be argued against.

Pay tribute to your Console Caesars.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@Telekill said:

When you're looking around or aiming a gun in real life, you're not constrained into just a few movement axis like that of a controller. That's why a mouse gives the best sense of aim and direction. There are genres where a controller shines such as sports games. But, using a controller for FPS games? It's crap. Having everyone limited because of it doesn't make it better.

Don't equate realistic movement with a controller or most games for that matter. The only FPS I've seen with realistic movement is ARMA 2. Players hate it because of the jerky movements. But, guess what? That's what it really feels like when you're burdened down with combat boots, kevlar, a slightly loose helmet, and rucksack.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

I don't get console elitists either.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Telekill

You guys are not getting what I'm saying... especially you @Maddie_Larkin:

I'm saying that with the jerky god like speeds that you can turn a 180° or even a 360° that in reality, a person can't and doesn't move like that.

Yes, people can be quick, but not that quick. Due to that the game looses its immersion for me.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@Telekill said:

I'm saying that with the jerky god like speeds that you can turn a 180° or even a 360° that in reality, a person can't and doesn't move like that.

Yes, people can be quick, but not that quick. Due to that the game looses its immersion for me.

Yes you can. Haven't you handled a real gun before?

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

@Telekill said:

Then you haven't been watching any console users who play on a high sensitivy.

When I played BF3 on console I played @ 75-80%, well above the default. A lot of other people could play it @ 90-100% and do fine too. Is that realistic? No. Is Battlefield even a realistic game? Hahahah....No.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#21  Edited By cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Um it's the complete opposite for me. I hate playing any shooter on consoles because it just feels bad compared to mouse and keyboard.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@Telekill said:

Lol you can´t turn 360 fast?

Even James Bond can

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzXMDgFyRYY

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

@catwomaniskyle said:

Not much to get.

A pc gamer, is a mad gamer.

Not happy with pc games.

Must petition for ports of console games.

Hence the name pc panhandlers.

No game of the year exclusives.

Fallback on specs, mods, and other malarkey.

Again, not much to get.

This cannot be argued against.

Pay tribute to your Console Caesars.

Congrats, you win most stupid post of the month. That's saying alot considering theres alot of idiots posting some of the dumbest things on SW.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Telekill

@Rage010101: congrats, you're reported for living up to your name.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178793 Posts

@Rage010101 said:

Stupid thread created by stupid person with peasant mentality. You do not understand us because you are beneath us. K/M > controller. Get over it already.

LOL...insecure dude?

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9838 Posts

To me mouse aiming is more immersive. I just think where I want to shoot and the rest is automatic/reflexes. With a gamepad it feels fiddly, slow. Sometimes I move the recticle too far and need to adjust back. This sort of thing doesn't happen irl in that way.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

@catwomaniskyle: Don't be ignorant. There's petitions for all types of games and from all types of gamers. Not too long ago a petition was started to get Dark Souls II on the Wii U.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#30 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

The reason you're getting dizzy by the speed of the movement is because you aren't in control. Really. Once you're in control and you know you're going to quickly turn left or right, you won't feel dizz.

I agree watching FPS games played on PC on YouTube isn't always pleasant.

CatwomanIsKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CatwomanIsKyle

@Puckhog04:

Interesting notion.

Waits to see something even close to the gta5 petition to be ported to pc.

Or the dark souls petition.

A few hundred sigs is nothing.

The pc petitions have hundreds of thousands.

Don't be an idiot.

Now pay tribute, scumbag.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

mouse + keyboard is awesome for FPS... best controllers for them.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61411 Posts

Use a controller, or just turn down the sensitivity... If it really bugs you that much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

@Telekill: but the opposite can be said for the controls of a controller, the mechanical lifeless way movement is, is so slow and amnormal that it no where near equates comfortable movement.

My point was that both are so far off natural movement that both are jarring. THey might be in each end of the spectrum, but leveling the critique vs kb/m and not the controller is either due to rose tinted glasses, or a deepseeded preference nothing else.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#35  Edited By leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@Telekill said:

its very fun to play moving fast as you get used to it

playing with joysticks starts making no sense

i think that in a real combat situation the guy with a rifle faces a enemy and turn around in miliseconds with all the adrenalin rush as fast as he can, not a lazy slow move like with joysticks

its another world, console players should try it, i had kb and mouse adapters for ps2 x360 and ps3, none of them come close to real mouse

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

@catwomaniskyle said:

@Puckhog04:

Interesting notion.

Waits to see something even close to the gta5 petition to be ported to pc.

Or the dark souls petition.

A few hundred sigs is nothing.

The pc petitions have hundreds of thousands.

Don't be an idiot.

Now pay tribute.

It's quite clear you have a serious inferiority complex. I'm just going to go ahead and leave you to your childishness and ignorance. The mere fact that you're going to blanket an entire 70+ million people (PC gamers) with one petition is just stupidity. But, hey, you're obviously stupid.

CatwomanIsKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CatwomanIsKyle

@Puckhog04:

superiority complex, which is well deserved.

Blanketing pc gamers justified. Balances out their attitude and similar actions.

Only I back up my actions by showing their dissatisfaction with their games, and wanting console ports.

Also their lack if goty pc exclusives.

You denying this proves your inferiority, and sub-gamer status.

You will kneel before your Console Caesars, garbage gamer.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

They say they're The Master Race. More like the Strange Race.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Well elitists don't make sense by definition.

But your issue with PC gamers don'ts really seem to have much to do with elitism. And controllers don't really give a sense of realistic movement either, so i'm not sure what your issue is

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lostrib

@catwomaniskyle said:

@Puckhog04:

superiority complex, which is well deserved.

Blanketing pc gamers justified. Balances out their attitude and similar actions.

Only I back up my actions by showing their dissatisfaction with their games, and wanting console ports.

Also their lack if goty pc exclusives.

You denying this proves your inferiority, and sub-gamer status.

You will kneel before your Console Caesars, garbage gamer.

This is pitiful trolling. Just another crappy alt

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

@Telekill said:

was watching the guy play and the screen was jerking back and forth so quickly that I almost got dizzy.

What's the matter, too fast for you?

CatwomanIsKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CatwomanIsKyle

@lostrib:

Claims troll because they have nothing to argue with.

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/rockstar-release-gta-v-on-pc

http://m.pcgamer.com/2012/01/13/dark-souls-pc-petition-at-nearly-70000-signatures-namco-listening/

http://www.change.org/petitions/-1236054

http://www.change.org/petitions/konami-release-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-on-pc

Claiming troll is a bannable offence, garbage gamer.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lostrib

@catwomaniskyle said:

@lostrib:

Claims troll because they have nothing to argue with.

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/rockstar-release-gta-v-on-pc

http://m.pcgamer.com/2012/01/13/dark-souls-pc-petition-at-nearly-70000-signatures-namco-listening/

http://www.change.org/petitions/-1236054

Yes, your just another troll alt. You're either ispeakfact, or a troll replicating him. It's rather pathetic

Link3301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#45  Edited By Link3301
Member since 2008 • 2001 Posts

@Telekill said:

@Rage010101: congrats, you're reported for living up to your name.

I'm pretty sure what he did is allowed on SW.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 45894 Posts

@Telekill said:

No idea what you are talking about. What constant viral attacks even if you have antivirus ?

Oh, and upgrading goes for consoles as well: Can you play the newest Halo or Uncharted without upgrading ? No, you can't.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lostrib

@catwomaniskyle said:

@lostrib:

http://www.change.org/petitions/naughty-dog-the-last-of-us-we-want-the-last-of-us-to-come-to-pc

Still waiting for you to refute my claims, with facts.

Claiming troll when you are one. Get banned, jackass.

Hail Console Caesars.

It's pretty obvious that you have been banned before, jackass.

Nothing you posts proves anything, besides that their are people who want to play games which isn't really surprising.

You're just a pathetic, biased troll

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61411 Posts

@catwomaniskyle said:

showing their dissatisfaction with their games, and wanting console ports.

Hasty Generalization fallacy.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

I don't get most of them either. There is nothing elite about playing on a shittty little LCD monitor, with shitty speakers and no house moving subwoofer

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#50 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

@Doom_HellKnight said:

You don't get PC gamers because we're able to enjoy a control scheme that you are not? Right.

Also, news flash: Games are not realistic.

I'm not gonna even bother pointing out that you can use a gamepad on pc and despite of that most of us still prefer M+KB for fps games