I bet EA regrets making Titanfall exclusive now

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

So the PS4 is outselling Xbone 3:1 worldwide and 2:1 in the US and every EA game so far has sold more on PS4 than Xbone. Looks like Titanfall could be DOA without a PS4 version or atleast it won't reach anywhere near the amount of success it could've.

#2 Edited by AcidTango (533 posts) -

I wouldn't say that it's exclusive since it's coming out on three platforms which is the XBOX 360, XBOne, and PC. But still it's crazy that they are not releasing it on the PS3 and PS4 since that could make them even more money.

#3 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

I'm sure they are kicking themselves right now. Destiny is going to walk all over them in sales and Activision is pissing themselves laughing at EA once again.

#4 Posted by inb4uall (5354 posts) -

1st, exclusive? LOL, you forgot PC pleb.

2nd, DOA? LOL, not a chance.

#5 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (391 posts) -

Oh look another one of these threads.

#6 Edited by Solid_Max13 (3527 posts) -

I think Titanfall is getting way to much praise, I will probably pick up a copy later down the road when the price goes down, but I've had a chance to try it, it's a lot of fun and it's exciting, to me it felt like Unreal Tournament with a bit of COD and BF2142 mixed in, which isn't a bad thing, and MS and EA are honestly milking this for all it's worth, hell why not MS has the money to do so and paid for the timed exclusivity or whatever. But people going about the hype in weird ways like it's the saving grace of the FPS genre or something fanatically new, it's a rush yes but this to me doesn't feel next-gen, I am more excited by Destiny more, but it's everyones choice, IMO I just don't feel the hype really matches this at the moment.

#7 Posted by lostrib (34533 posts) -

I doubt it

#8 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

I think Titanfall is getting way to much praise, I will probably pick up a copy later down the road when the price goes down, but I've had a chance to try it, it's a lot of fun and it's exciting, to me it felt like Unreal Tournament with a bit of COD and BF2142 mixed in, which isn't a bad thing, and MS and EA are honestly milking this for all it's worth, hell why not MS has the money to do so and paid for the timed exclusivity or whatever. But people going about the hype in weird ways like it's the saving grace of the FPS genre or something fanatically new, it's a rush yes but this to me doesn't feel next-gen, I am more excited by Destiny more, but it's everyones choice, IMO I just don't feel the hype really matches this at the moment.

The only reason its getting so much hype is because lemmings don't have anything else left to cling on to. They have already lost the sales war. They have even worse inferior multiplats than PS3 ever had. They already paid more for a weaker console. Titanfall is their last hope basically and it is nothing more than a COD clone with mechs and jetpacks.

Destiny will be a much better game and is being made by a better developer. Lems hate Bungie now because they left M$ so they try to downplay Destiny.

#9 Posted by lglz1337 (3136 posts) -

there are enough cod players on xbone they will just jump over

#10 Edited by NFJSupreme (5152 posts) -

cows are so jelly of this game. It's painfully obvious.

#11 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3527 posts) -

@Solid_Max13 said:

The only reason its getting so much hype is because lemmings don't have anything else left to cling on to. They have already lost the sales war. They have even worse inferior multiplats than PS3 ever had. They already paid more for a weaker console. Titanfall is their last hope basically and it is nothing more than a COD clone with mechs and jetpacks.

Destiny will be a much better game and is being made by a better developer. Lems hate Bungie now because they left M$ so they try to downplay Destiny.

I agree Destiny to me screams something new and fresh, I feel more excited about Destiny in so many ways. I'm not denying the hype for Titanfall, I tried it for a few hours and yea it's unique in some ways but the way people are hyping this it's a bit ridiculous

#12 Edited by mems_1224 (46573 posts) -

lol nathandrakeswag thread lol

#13 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

lol nathandrakeswag thread lol

An asshurt mems appears.

#14 Posted by nini200 (9604 posts) -

I was about to say the same thing. This is beginning to hurt watching them wish for something to play on the PS4. Titanfall looks amazing regardless the console it's on.

#15 Posted by Sweenix (5398 posts) -

@nini200 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

I was about to say the same thing. This is beginning to hurt watching them wish for something to play on the PS4. Titanfall looks amazing regardless the console it's on.

Aren't sheep the same? you guys complain about not getting multiplats, yet when you do, you don't buy them.

#16 Posted by nyzma23 (918 posts) -

why ? microsoft already paid ea for titanfall

#17 Posted by nini200 (9604 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@nini200 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

Aren't sheep the same? you guys complain about not getting multiplats, yet when you do, you don't buy them.

Lol so you admit that cows are BEGGING for SOMETHING to play on the GodStation 4 lol

Oh btw, I'm not a sheep, WiiFit Trainer will be my main in Smash Bros though lol

#18 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@nini200 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

TSHBO

#19 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

I agree Destiny to me screams something new and fresh, I feel more excited about Destiny in so many ways. I'm not denying the hype for Titanfall, I tried it for a few hours and yea it's unique in some ways but the way people are hyping this it's a bit ridiculous

the look of destiny had me hooked,

until they demoed it,

so I feel the exact opposite of how you feel for titanfall/destiny.

ps im not a destiny hater,

I have some 8k resolution destiny pics,

that artstyle is so delicious,

but that chromatic aberration,

fucking yuck bungie

#20 Posted by Chutebox (36636 posts) -

Without a doubt they regret it. It'll still do well, though

#21 Posted by raging_user (383 posts) -

List me reasons why i would care about the sales?

Go on, ill wait for the reply notification...

#22 Posted by Couth_ (10016 posts) -

I really doubt MS paid out more than the would be sales of a ps3/ps4 version. There must be more to the 'agreement'

#23 Posted by super600 (30308 posts) -

It's not exclusive tc. It's releasing on three different platforms and is guranteed to sell well when it releases.

#24 Edited by Sweenix (5398 posts) -

@nini200 said:

@Sweenix said:

@nini200 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

Lol so you admit that cows are BEGGING for SOMETHING to play on the GodStation 4 lol

Oh btw, I'm not a sheep, WiiFit Trainer will be my main in Smash Bros though lol

Ofcourse they are. But every camp complains about multiplats, that's how it is.

#25 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

I really doubt MS paid out more than the would be sales of a ps3/ps4 version. There must be more to the 'agreement'

There is something really strange about their partnership. Every EA game had exclusive content on Xbone like Second Assault first for BF4 at launch (PS4 is finally getting it on the 18th) and Fifa Ultimate Team. They also get PvZ Garden Warfare and Peggle 2 way before other platforms. M$ must have wrote them a blank check.

#26 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11612 posts) -

Most likely, PS4 is selling like a bajillion units and Xbone just barely sold over one million kek.

#27 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

@Solid_Max13 said:

Cows are the ones who won't shut up about Titanfall.

#28 Posted by getyeryayasout (7178 posts) -

What is this shit? Are we supposed to discuss whether or not we think EA regrets not launching Titanfall on PS4? Turrible.

#29 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10344 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag: How many gamers own a PC, Xbox 360 or Xbox One? Well over 100 million at the very least?

#30 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@nini200: Much rather play inFAMOUS Second Son than another dumb, ugly repetitive shooter. Looks like COD Remixed...not a complement.

#31 Posted by mems_1224 (46573 posts) -

@nini200: Much rather play inFAMOUS Second Son than another dumb, ugly repetitive shooter. Looks like COD Remixed...not a complement.

Would much rather play CoD with mechs than another below average Infamous game.

#32 Posted by Teuf_ (30805 posts) -