I am glad Aliens Colonial Marines is late for Wii U

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Videodogg (12606 posts) -

Maybe it is better for Wii U multiplatform games to come out a little late, this way we get a heads up before we waste our money on crappy games. Let the xbox and ps3 crowd be the guinea pigs. I had a pre-order of the Wii U version paid in full at Gamestop, now i have the pleasure of putting that money on a better game.

#2 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -
You could also just wait a few days after the release before you buy games to see what everyone's saying about it.
#3 Posted by BPoole96 (22813 posts) -

Wii U owners should just be happy their getting any 3rd party support at all. Soon enough there will be none and it will be right back to the Wii days

#4 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26249 posts) -

Well I guess Sega knew it would be crap and had WiiU users dodge a bullet.

Then again, who knows, the WiiU version may actually end up being better? LOL

Wii U owners should just be happy their getting any 3rd party support at all. Soon enough there will be none and it will be right back to the Wii days

BPoole96

The Wii had Third Party Support, just not in the same line as the PS3 or 360.

The thing with WiiU is that it's getting Almost NO support at ALL.

The only games worth noting from here to E3 are

1. Lego City: Undercover
  2. Aliens Colonial Marines (lol)
  3. The Wonderful 101
  4. Injustice: Gods Among Us
  5. Game & Wario
  6. Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate
  7. Pikmin 3

and that's about it.

6 Well worth notable games plus Aliens which put 7 games in total....SEVEN and they're spread out too. Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101 may be closer to Q3 than Q2.

This is just sad.

#5 Posted by lundy86_4 (44210 posts) -

That logic is great until an excellent game comes out, and you still have to wait.

#6 Posted by Videodogg (12606 posts) -

That logic is great until an excellent game comes out, and you still have to wait.

lundy86_4
.which is true, and makes you wiser than me, but....8 out of 10 games are generally crap, so it still works in my favor, most of the time.
#7 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12825 posts) -

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

LegatoSkyheart

3. The Wonderful 101
  5. Game & Wario
  7. Pikmin 3

and that's about it.

6 Well worth notable games plus Aliens which put 7 games in total....SEVEN and they're spread out too. Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101 may be closer to Q3 than Q2.

This is just sad.

And Need for Speed.
#8 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Videodogg

.which is true, and makes you wiser than me, but....8 out of 10 games are generally crap, so it still works in my favor, most of the time.

I would say most games are actually decent, if you take the halfway point of any rating scale as "average" like they meant to be instead of chasing A's.

#9 Posted by DH1278 (101 posts) -
I think the only ones that really benefit in this scenario are those that actually "dodged a bullet." I was telling a friend of mine today how sad I was for the WiiU (thinking they got the game today as well), because I thought the game would suit the WiiU best because of the implementation of the motion sensor and the tablet controller. I pictured having pitch black rooms constantly and having to rely heavily on the motion sensor. The thing of it is that, if you're looking at the screen, then you only see arms length because of a flashlight. Then all of a sudden, the motion sensor beeps. You MUST take your eyes off the main screen (or line the tablet up in the same field of view) in order to see where the xenomorphs are coming from. That would definitely add to the tension as the AI could "play tricks" on you, effectively creating a great ambiance. BUT, this had to happen. Why would I believe no one benefits? Well, because imagine they make a great WiiU version of this game. Then we get the NG3 treatment of, "Heeeeeeeey, the WiiU version is so much better, that we're going to sell it to others as a new retail game or DLC" "Grrrreeeeat!" And that could potentially lead to the beginning of a recurring behavior in an industry that does not need any more shady behaviors.
#10 Posted by BPoole96 (22813 posts) -

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

LegatoSkyheart

3. The Wonderful 101
  5. Game & Wario
  7. Pikmin 3

and that's about it.

This is just sad.

Nintendo needs to get their act together soon or I think they're going to have a rough gen. I had looked at the Wii U on metacritic and it still have launch games like ZombiU as the most recent games. That game came out nearly 3 months ago.

#11 Posted by lundy86_4 (44210 posts) -

but....8 out of 10 games are generally crapVideodogg

Luckily, 90% of statistics are made up.

#12 Posted by carlisledavid79 (10503 posts) -

[QUOTE="Videodogg"]but....8 out of 10 games are generally craplundy86_4

I agree with your statement 10.14565% of the time
#13 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26249 posts) -

And Need for Speed.OreoMilkshake

I didn't list it because of EA's comments about Nintendo, if does release I'll be somewhat surprised.

Nintendo needs to get their act together soon or I think they're going to have a rough gen. I had looked at the Wii U on metacritic and it still have launch games like ZombiU as the most recent games. That game came out nearly 3 months ago.

BPoole96

The Last Nintendo Direct told us that there is NOTHING slated for the WiiU till March. Rayman WAS slated for the end of this Month, but now WiiU owners will have to wait a bit longer for the next game.

If I can get some money together I can finally get around to playing Tekken Tag 2 and Ninja Gaiden 3 for the System.

Also I forgot to Mention Resident Evil Revelations for the System so that's EIGHT games for the WiiU from now till E3.

#14 Posted by fernandmondego_ (3170 posts) -
Everything is a good thing for Wii U. EA drops it, good thing! Rayman delayed and no longer exclusive, good thing! No T2 games as well as a bunch of other games, good thing! Low sales, good thing! Aliens will be released late, good thing! Aliens sucks, good thing! I want to see the spin if Nintendo was to Saturn/Dreamcast it.
#15 Posted by timbers_WSU (6076 posts) -

Looking at the Wii U line-up I would take what I could get if I was you. Injustice is about the only 3rd party title left that looks good. Everything else that could be of high quality is Nintendo's stuff.

#16 Posted by Liquid_ (2953 posts) -

or you could just wait 1 day to see what people are saying about it before you buy it?

#17 Posted by 720OwnsPS4 (132 posts) -

Wii U is the most irrelevant game system I've ever seen. It's not even the butt of jokes like Vita. People just ignore it or don't know what it is.

#18 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
so ps3/360 owners are beta testers now?
#19 Posted by mariokart64fan (19667 posts) -

lol the 2nd poster is under the impression that just because sales of wiiu is slow right now that it will have no third party support ,when it already has a wide varietyy of games to choose from as it is,plus nfs mw aliens-not interisted, resident evil revelations  zelda new mario pikmin legocity undercover ,rayman legends I think once big games hit ,  the sales pick up then so do third party ,remember wii was fast selling but slow at getting support 

#20 Posted by MonsieurX (31583 posts) -

Wii U is the most irrelevant game system I've ever seen. It's not even the butt of jokes like Vita. People just ignore it or don't know what it is.

720OwnsPS4
Bad troll is bad
#21 Posted by Heil68 (46844 posts) -

[QUOTE="Videodogg"]but....8 out of 10 games are generally craplundy86_4

80% of the time
#22 Posted by glez13 (9016 posts) -

You could also just wait a few days after the release before you buy games to see what everyone's saying about it.1PMrFister

This thread should have ended with this post.

#23 Posted by lundy86_4 (44210 posts) -

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="Videodogg"]but....8 out of 10 games are generally crapHeil68

80% of the time

exactly.gif

#24 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6745 posts) -
what a dumb thread. "I want my game delayed to an unknown date just in case it sucks" :lol: How dumb, just don't preorder every game you see. Oh wait, you own a wiiU, you have no f*ckin choice :lol:
#25 Posted by faizan_faizan (7868 posts) -
Makes sense, But most of the time the Wii U version will be a custom or modified version.
#26 Posted by getyeryayasout (8413 posts) -
360 and PS3 users have beta tested the past 7 years for The Wiiu. Beta testing for Nintendo's next system will begin around Nov. this year when MS and Sony launch new systems.