Hypocrisy of Adam Sessler, a Xbox Fanboy

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by -Damien- (5355 posts) -

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Gamers-Attack-Adam-Sessler-Over-Controversial-PS4-Xbox-One-Comments-60351.html

Summary:

In June, he stated that 1080p/60FPS should be standard for all next gen consoles (video in the link)

Fast forward to this week, after Xbone 720p-Gate, he stated that resolution doesn't matter

#2 Edited by DerekLoffin (8789 posts) -

That's simply inconsistency. Not quite as bad.

#3 Edited by mems_1224 (47244 posts) -

lol he's an xbox fanboy even though he's been doing nothing but praising sony the last few months? fickle cows

#4 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20840 posts) -

Sonds like what any fanboy here would say as well.

#5 Posted by Heil68 (45145 posts) -

He's butthurt Sony didn't give him a PS4 for free. Fuck him, let him buy one like everyone else.

#6 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14427 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

He's butthurt Sony didn't give him a PS4 for free. Fuck him, let him buy one like everyone else.

oh shit, lol.

#7 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10596 posts) -

Adam Sessler is a fanboy? That is a funny joke.

#8 Posted by blackace (20885 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

He probably won't buy one. He's not the only journalist who won't be getting one. lol!!

#9 Posted by cainetao11 (17702 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Gamers-Attack-Adam-Sessler-Over-Controversial-PS4-Xbox-One-Comments-60351.html

Summary:

In June, he stated that 1080p/60FPS should be standard for all next gen consoles (video in the link)

Fast forward to this week, after Xbone 720p-Gate, he stated that resolution doesn't matter

yeah that's pretty much hypocrisy. Cows and lems are well acquainted with it.

#10 Edited by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

I hated that guy on G4. Typical knowitall but in reality knows nothing at all.

#11 Posted by Chutebox (37354 posts) -

He's a guy with a youtube channel. Don't give a shit.

#12 Edited by buccomatic (1941 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

Summary:

he's a typical talking head baloney artist that will say anything that the teleprompter tells him to.

next week he'll be saying, "i'm ron burgundy?"

such a phoney.

#13 Edited by TheRealBigRich (734 posts) -

he is probably the most unbiased journalist I know but I guess people see it the way they want. The fact is he is right these systems should be both 1080p/60fps for all the games but even the PS4 games aren't all 1080p/60fps(most but not all) and in the end he is right everybody is missing that point.

#14 Posted by W1NGMAN- (9960 posts) -

@Chutebox: Eh he's much more than that ... but his comments weren't all that consistent, fanboyism however? Not even close.

#15 Posted by silversix_ (14786 posts) -

His face looks like an MS fanboy and those are visible from 2km away.

#16 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -
@Heil68 said:

This.

#17 Posted by ManInFlames (77 posts) -

Adam Sesspool is a huge M$ fanboy

#18 Edited by -Unreal- (24544 posts) -

Adam is amazing becuz he uses these big words lots in his reviews and treats us like grown ups that can understand all them big words and he really is good with vocabluray to give better review.

#19 Posted by BPoole96 (22802 posts) -

MS moneyhatting all these fools to downplay the significance of 1080p

#20 Posted by FragTycoon (6430 posts) -

Just because a guy has a bachelor's in English doesn't make his opinion any more or less relevant.

Adam is a tech drama queen.

#21 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

He is, he even admitted to being very pro 360

#22 Posted by bumsonfire (225 posts) -

Hes right, the resolution doesnt matter, you Playstation fanboys are just butthurt and trying to make a comeback after getting hacked by some fat guy with no life. HAHAHA!

#23 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10596 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Its a great console - Adam Sessler is among the best reviewers and video game persons.

#24 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Sweenix said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Its a great console - Adam Sessler is among the best reviewers and video game persons.

He was, now he is a shadow if his former self

#25 Posted by mems_1224 (47244 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

so have many other games journalists.

#26 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@Sweenix said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

You can be pro towards a console without being a fanboy, but the fact that he went back on his words, to defend the xbox, proves he is.

'he stated 1080p 60fps should be the standard for next gen gaming, now he took those words back.

#27 Posted by Multipass35 (295 posts) -

There is a lot of butthurt here. Just because he and many others believe The One is the better console.

#28 Edited by mems_1224 (47244 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Sweenix said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

You can be pro towards a console without being a fanboy, but the fact that he went back on his words, to defend the xbox, proves he is.

'he stated 1080p 60fps should be the standard for next gen gaming, now he took those words back.

1080 and 60fps isn't the standard on ps4 either.

#29 Edited by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@Sweenix said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Sweenix said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

60fps isn't the standard for the ps4, but 1080p is.

In fact, battlefield 4 is the only game to run sub 1080p on the ps4, while the xbox one has multiple games running below 1080p

#30 Posted by mems_1224 (47244 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Sweenix said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Sweenix said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

In fact, battlefield 4 is the only game to run sub 1080p on the ps4, while the xbox one has multiple games running below 1080p

so how is he an xbox fanboy when both console fail to meet his criteria for next gen gaming?

#31 Edited by W1NGMAN- (9960 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Sweenix said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Exactly, he said it should be but never mentioned it being a deal breaker or anything.

#32 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10596 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Alright guy, you are looking at what you want to see in that terrible article from the OP.

Adam states that 1080p and 60fps should be standard from the next-gen consoles, but that shouldn't be the only thing they bring to the table. And states that again in the more recent video - how what is more important is what is more subtle not what is in your face ie artificial intelligence.
More to the point, the entirety of the new video is him looking at how - even though it was pushed hard dating back to the days of the PS3 it wasn't fully realized on any large scale.

#33 Edited by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@Sweenix said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Sweenix said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Sweenix said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

so how is he an xbox fanboy when both console fail to meet his criteria for next gen gaming?

Because the PS4 is much more capable of running games at 1080p - 60FPS, then the xbox one.

Launch games are not an indication of a consoles strength.

#34 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10596 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Because the PS4 is capable of running games at 1080p - 60FPS, while the xbox one isn't.

The fuck are you talking about? Thats not even close to being true.

#35 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Sweenix said:

Because the PS4 is capable of running games at 1080p - 60FPS, while the xbox one isn't.

Read my fucking edit.

#36 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10596 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Sweenix said:

Read my fucking edit.

read what i quoted

Seriously though, I responded to what you said. Not to your redaction

#37 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Sweenix said:

Alright guy, you are looking at what you want to see in that terrible article from the OP.

Adam states that 1080p and 60fps should be standard from the next-gen consoles, but that shouldn't be the only thing they bring to the table. And states that again in the more recent video - how what is more important is what is more subtle not what is in your face ie artificial intelligence.

More to the point, the entirety of the new video is him looking at how - even though it was pushed hard dating back to the days of the PS3 it wasn't fully realized on any large scale.

No, He was pretty much saying resolution doesn't matter.

There is a reason why that video has so many dislikes, and half of gaf has turned on him.

First he freaks out about the ps4 being rushed, even though it isn't, then he comes out saying resolution doesn't matter, as long as you add all these other bullshit features, it's so obvious he is in denial.

He should quit before he makes an even bigger fool out of him self, because he is way past his prime.

#38 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10596 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

There is a reason why that video has so many dislikes, and half of gaf has turned on him.

First he freaks out about the ps4 being rushed, even though it isn't, then he comes out saying resolution doesn't matter, as long as you add all these other bullshit features, it's so obvious he is in denial.

He should quit before he makes an even bigger fool out of him self, because he is way past his prime.

Should I state that his "Sessler's ....Something" is just his continuation of his "Sessler's Soapbox" which was an opinion presented in a public forum?

I admit I didn't watch the 30 minute video of him at SGC to find his exact quote (mainly because its 30 minutes long) I just took what CB took from it - "but that shouldn't be the only thing they bring to the table." which is exactly what he states in his most recent video but more in a manner where the resolutions where forced upon when the big studios forced it upon themselves.

#39 Edited by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Sweenix said:

Should I state that his "Sessler's ....Something" is just his continuation of his "Sessler's Soapbox" which was an opinion presented in a public forum?

I admit I didn't watch the 30 minute video of him at SGC to find his exact quote (mainly because its 30 minutes long) I just took what CB took from it - "but that shouldn't be the only thing they bring to the table." which is exactly what he states in his most recent video but more in a manner where the resolutions where forced upon when the big studios forced it upon themselves.

Look, let's just end it here

He first stated that resolution is everything, now he is saying, it doesn't have to be everything, if you include these other things.

It just comes off as desperate, why would he even make the first statement in the first place, he should have chosen his words more wisely, that's why many people dislike him now.

#40 Posted by mems_1224 (47244 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Sweenix said:

He first stated that resolution is everything, now he is saying, it doesn't have to be everything, if you include these other things.

It just comes off as desperate, why would he even make the first statement in the first place, he should have chosen his words more wisely, that's why many people dislike him now.

sounds like you and all the other fanboys are just butthurt because he's not on the X1 hate train.

#41 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10596 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

He stated, according to the CB "quote":

1080p and 60fps should be standard from the next-gen consoles, but that shouldn't be the only thing they bring to the table.

The defined [above] resolution standard should apply as well as these other factors (such as AI) is not the same as saying "resolution is everything" as you so eloquently stated.
Now unless CB misquoted that (the one italicized above) statement from his speech at the SGC convention then Adam Sessler did not state that resolution is the only important aspect.

#42 Edited by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@Sweenix said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Sweenix said:

sounds like you and all the other fanboys are just butthurt because he's not on the X1 hate train.

Do you ever see me hating on the xbox one? No. And this has nothing to do with the xbox one hate train, this is about him saying resolution doesn't matter, Even though he stated months earlier, that it did matter.

In short case, he lied and backtracked, and people were obviously going to be upset with that.

#43 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

Cows called Adam Sessler Xbox fanboy when he gave Killzone 2 a 5 out of 5 on X-Play

I really do think cows are one of the most delusional fanbases on the planet.

#44 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@Sweenix said:

He stated, according to the CB "quote":

1080p and 60fps should be standard from the next-gen consoles, but that shouldn't be the only thing they bring to the table.

The defined [above] resolution standard should apply as well as these other factors (such as AI) is not the same as saying "resolution is everything" as you so eloquently stated.

Now unless CB misquoted that (the one italicized above) statement from his speech at the SGC convention then Adam Sessler did not state that resolution is the only important aspect.

but he didn't state the other reasons where related to visuals, for all we know, it could have been gameplay related, or features, or multimedia.

#45 Posted by jimmypsn (4425 posts) -

hahaha. Mad cow Disease has hit the TC. lol

#46 Posted by uninspiredcup (8927 posts) -

Adan Sessler is like Doirto Pope, entrenched in publishers and companies. A back patter. I don't understand why you fellows try to act like he's your cool uncle down with the kids. He's a business man, in a business.

#47 Posted by Blabadon (26582 posts) -

1) Sweenix is much dumber than I thought

2) These people edit and upload their own videos. They're not going to include blatant examples of hypocrisy, which as a word is used terribly here

3) He absolutely loves The Last of Us, Shadow of the Colossus, etc.

4) There is no "Xbone 720-gate"

5) He was one of the relatively few people to be invited by Sony to a recent PS4 game coverage event

#48 Edited by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

He's a fanboy? That's new to me. I thought he praised the PS4 plenty of times in the past few months?

All he's doing right now is stating his opinion and defending both console. I disagree though.

#49 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@-Damien-: Sessler isn't a fanboy. He was probably the only unbiased person in the entire G4 staff back in those days. Morgan Webb was also tolerable.

#50 Edited by StormyJoe (5497 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

Summary:

This is so out of hand and overblown it borders on lunacy.

Ironically, in a little XBL survey I did with my 100 friends, only 5 replies indicated that they gave a damn about CoD being at 720P. Granted, my survey sample may be a wee bit tainted (all 360 owners), but still - the biggest "resolution gate" champions are... COWS.