Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2 (Vita) coming to NA & EU

#1 Edited by SolidGame_basic (17374 posts) -

Hot off the heels of the release of Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1, Idea Factory International has confirmed it will release the sequel Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: Sisters Generation in both physical and digital versions in North America and Europe early next year.

The game is a remake of PlayStation 3′s Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2, updated with a new story, revamped battle system, newly voiced characters, and new playable characters.

Find the full story outline, features, and trailer below

http://gematsu.com/2014/08/hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth-2-sisters-generation-coming-north-america-europe

--------------------------------------------

I think it's pretty awesome that Vita continues to get this kind of support from Japan. The first Neptunia remake just came out 2 days ago and seems to be getting fairly positive reviews. I haven't played it yet, but am definitely interested. What do you think, Vita fans? Let me know how the first one is if you got it.

#2 Posted by kitty (114659 posts) -

I just got rebirth 1 in the mail today. Looking forward to playing it soon. I already knew about 2 and will buy that as well.

#3 Posted by lostrib (35817 posts) -

never heard of it so it must suck

#4 Posted by farrell2k (5857 posts) -

And not one shit will be given because it is the Vita, despite the fact that it is a cool ass handheld. :(

#5 Posted by Technoweirdo (7141 posts) -

Expected release only a year from the release of the JP version. Not bad.

Having fun with Re;Birth 1 at the moment. Combat system's lifted from Victory which is by no means bad. In fact, that's great since it's one of the quickest turn-based combat systems I've seen. Surprisingly enough, the framerate is better than any of the PS3 games too. The Remake system replaces the Scout system from Victory which was far too random in results, so that's another plus. And of course, the writing's hilarious as always. Oh, the music so far's nice too~ Dig the new Planeptune theme. Wish I had a link for that.

#6 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17374 posts) -

And not one shit will be given because it is the Vita, despite the fact that it is a cool ass handheld. :(

In the end who gives a shit anyway lol? If you like the system and it gets games you like, then that's great. 10 million units sold and one of the most passionate fanbase there is.

#7 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11228 posts) -

I just got Producing Perfection today so if its good I'll look into the other two.

#8 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3432 posts) -

I just got Producing Perfection today so if its good I'll look into the other two.

You should stop right there, PP isn't like the Rebirth games as Rebirths are good and PP is downright garbage.

Also the game is doing surprisingly well in reviews: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth1

#9 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (7419 posts) -

@lostrib said:

never heard of it so it must suck

My thoughts exactly.

#10 Posted by lamprey263 (23517 posts) -

I don't have a Vita, yet. But even if I did, I'm not that weeaboo.