Humble Indie Bundle 11--Everyone loves indie games, right?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by lostrib (31476 posts) -

So the new humble indie bundle just released, and actually has quite a few well received, and recommended games including:

Guacamelee

The Swapper

Dust: An Elsysian Tail

Antichamber (BTA)

*New games added for BTA, most notably Fez*

The current average is $4.58, so really cheap...plus that whole charity thing

And for the system warriors, you don't even need a $5000 PC to play these! And I heard, Consolites love indie games now!

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Edit: Oh and there will be more games added in the second week for those who beat the average. Also, soundtracks are included.

#2 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16037 posts) -

Bought it for the Swapper. Already own many of the other games, but I don't care. Beat the average to show support to developers.

edit: also, I keep buying these humble bundles but I have the feeling that I listen to the soundtracks more than I play the games XD

#3 Edited by soulitane (13374 posts) -

Was thinking of picking up Dust the other day, so good to see it come on here. Great bundle, so will support the devs involved.

#4 Posted by mems_1224 (45727 posts) -

Great deal, too bad I have all of those.

#5 Posted by jg4xchamp (46607 posts) -

That's the best bundle in a long ass time.

Antichamber is nothing short of fantastic. The Swapper is a clever puzzle game. Guacamelee is fucking luchador Metroid. The other stuff is a glorious bonus at 4 bucks. Terrific bundle.

#6 Posted by Roler42 (464 posts) -

worth it for dust alone, grabbed it for guacamelee, swapper and giana sisters, i'm gonna wait till next week to see if i want to beat the average (already got monaco and i'm not too interested in anti-chamber)

#7 Posted by clyde46 (43471 posts) -

Isn't Guacamelee on PSN+ this month?

#8 Posted by lostrib (31476 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Not in the US as far as I can tell

#9 Posted by clyde46 (43471 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@clyde46 said:

Not in the US as far as I can tell

Maybe its a UK thing. I might just go download it now to see what all the fuss is about.

#10 Edited by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

too bad every single indie game is a 2d game...

#11 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16037 posts) -

too bad every single indie game is a 2d game...

You mean like in this bundle ? Antichamber isn't 2D.

#12 Posted by lostrib (31476 posts) -

@roler42 said:

worth it for dust alone, grabbed it for guacamelee, swapper and giana sisters, i'm gonna wait till next week to see if i want to beat the average (already got monaco and i'm not too interested in anti-chamber)

Usually for the humble bundles if you want at least one game, it's usually worth it

#13 Edited by ArisShadows (22610 posts) -

Shame, I already own all of that except Giana Sisters.

#14 Posted by MonsieurX (28649 posts) -

Finally a chance to play Antichamber!

#15 Posted by Snugenz (11390 posts) -

Worth it for Dust alone, though the other games definitely sweeten the pot.

#16 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13703 posts) -

Dust is a good game. Like a Metroidvania of some sort. Recommend playing at a higher difficulty.

#17 Edited by lostrib (31476 posts) -

Dust is a good game. Like a Metroidvania of some sort. Recommend playing at a higher difficulty.

Would Controller be better than M/KB for this game?

#18 Edited by getyeryayasout (6874 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

I played the 360 version and couldn't imagine KB/M being a better option, definitely go with a pad. Great game, think 2D Ninja Gaiden as far as the combat goes. Much easier though.

#19 Posted by cfisher2833 (1496 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

Definitely. Same with Guacamelee and probably Giana SIsters.

#20 Posted by coasterguy65 (5721 posts) -

Great games. About the only ones I don't already own is Antichamber, and the Swapper. I'll probably still throw $10 bucks their way just for those games. After all it does go to a good cause.

#21 Posted by CountBleck12 (22494 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

I played it with the M/KB at first, honestly I found the controllers a little difficult to get used to it. Using a 360 controller was definitely more comfortable for me to play with. Speaking of Dust, I haven't beat the game yet myself.

As for those other games, I do want to try out Guacamelee but the others I don't know much about.

#22 Posted by GhoX (4653 posts) -

The problem with Humble bundle that's full of excellent games like Guacamelee and Dust is that I would usually already have them. >_>

#23 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2114 posts) -

I think 95% of indie games are crap

#24 Posted by wiifan001 (18312 posts) -

Indie games rarely interest me, none of these ones do.

#25 Edited by speedfog (2846 posts) -

For some reason I did not like Antichamber. However the things the game tried to tell me was pretty awesome.

#26 Edited by TheEroica (13011 posts) -
#27 Edited by TheEroica (13011 posts) -
#28 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5883 posts) -

The Swapper. Definitely has a interesting name.

#29 Edited by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

@TheEroica: not a fan of 2d worlds and very good percent of indies are 2d

#30 Posted by RedentSC (583 posts) -

Its a shame nobody really cares about PC gaming anymore

#31 Edited by TheEroica (13011 posts) -

@k2theswiss: oh man, you're missing out on sooooo many wonderfully realized 2d worlds!! Games like the swapper are just as atmospheric as some high budget 3d games and there is a gameplay reliance in 2d games that 3d just can't match ... Give them a try sometime, these indies are expanding gaming in so many ways ... More so than their high budget counterparts as they aren't restricted in taking chances.

#32 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16037 posts) -

@RedentSC said:

Yup, that's why the number of PC gamers is growing every year.

#33 Posted by TheEroica (13011 posts) -

@ArisShadows: Giana Sisters is a truly fantastic platformed with on the fly puzzles built into the core gameplay.... Its a game that should be on more peoples radar when it hits those steam sales, but I early hear people talk about it. Grab it when you can, if you like platformers this game won't disappoint.

#34 Posted by RedentSC (583 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@RedentSC said:

so does the number of Wii U users...... nobody cares about them

#35 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

@TheEroica:

O i do give them a chance, steam account is full of them i have opened and quite a few i delete because i don't like them. I never just through out a game based on the type, just not fan of it. I don't know if i am spoiled of 3d worlds or what at home because when i am at the arcade i can go hard on those machines

#36 Posted by IamAdorable (381 posts) -

It's all worth getting for their soundtracks alone. Regardless, these games deserve your attention.

#37 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16037 posts) -

@RedentSC said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@RedentSC said:

so does the number of Wii U users...... nobody cares about them

Lol wiiU owners. PC has way more gamers than PS4, Xbone and WiiU put together.

It also has more games and upcoming games than those consoles put together.

#38 Edited by Puggy301 (160 posts) -

Unfortunately, the mainstream gaming industry now mirrors the mainstream movie industry in that the majority of games that get green-lighted are either sequels or games built around existing franchises and proven genres that appeal to the widest audience possible. I guess that's hardly surprising considering how video games are now so expensive and time consuming to produce. Some companies, like EA, are public and need to answer to their investors, so any risk-taking is assuredly OUT.

Thank Christ for independent game developers. They are perhaps the last artistic wellspring of originality and creativity left in the gaming industry and should be supported.

#39 Posted by Vatusus (4224 posts) -

Bought mainly for Elysian Tail and Guacamelee. The Swapper looks interesting aswell.

#40 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6580 posts) -

I think 95% of indie games are crap

They are, but these bundles typically showcase the indie games that are really good.

#41 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3001 posts) -

Bought it for Guacamelee.

Pretty sweet bundle this time. AntiChamber is supposed to be rather unique and individual games are giftable. Got myself a spare copy of Dust now.

#43 Posted by Zaraxius (205 posts) -

Console gamer here. I hate PC games. But I hate indie games more.

Glad you managed to work in being a passive-aggressive elitist when the subject matter didn't call for it all. That's a certain level of smug us console gamers can never hope to achieve.

#44 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

I only like indie games when they are on Playstation. If they aren't on Playstation then they suck, and shouldn't count in the meta game.

Will be skipping on this bundle of hipster arthouse trash that only hermzits would enjoy.

#45 Edited by TheEroica (13011 posts) -

@treedoor: smh, I can't imagine limiting myself as a gamer because of a silly stereotype.... Shit rogue legacy was more fun than the last of us from a pure gameplay perspective. Not even a comparison really. Must be why Sony wants it so bad on their consoles and handheld...

#46 Edited by lostrib (31476 posts) -

stop making threads ( whistles and walks away)

trololololol

#47 Edited by lostrib (31476 posts) -

@zaraxius said:

Console gamer here. I hate PC games. But I hate indie games more.

Glad you managed to work in being a passive-aggressive elitist when the subject matter didn't call for it all. That's a certain level of smug us console gamers can never hope to achieve.

...I had to make it system wars worthy. Duh!

#48 Posted by Roler42 (464 posts) -

I love how bitter some gamers get when they see insane deals like this one and try to downplay the value of these games :)

I already had Dust, but you know what? I'm giving it a second playtrhough just to celebrate this bundle, been itching for the soundtrack for a while (I missed out the indie music bundle that had it, lol)

#49 Posted by lostrib (31476 posts) -

@roler42 said:

I love how bitter some gamers get when they see insane deals like this one and try to downplay the value of these games :)

I already had Dust, but you know what? I'm giving it a second playtrhough just to celebrate this bundle, been itching for the soundtrack for a while (I missed out the indie music bundle that had it, lol)

The internet is serious bidness!

#50 Posted by charizard1605 (54352 posts) -

Own all of the ones I want.