Huawei(Wahway) Enters the video game market!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

Phone company Wahway(Huawei), strangely near the china lift ban, is a chinese phone company famous for it's flagship phones like and now they are coming in with a flagship console called "TRON"

http://cdn4.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/url.jpg

The "Tron" Packs the following specs:

Android version 4.2.3, rocking a Tegra 4 processor. You would be able to choose between 16 or 32GB storage version of the console, both would come with 2GB of ram. The console features a USB 3.0 port and supports both WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity, four gamepads could be connected with the console simultaneously. The most impressive feature of Huawei Tron is that it fluently streams 4K video display.

Yep 4k streaming will make this a dozy for movies. It also costs $120, a bit more expensive than gamestick and ouya, but with full access to the android store and 4K streaming, even for movies, this is the more powerful device.

Now there is the system itself:

http://cdn2.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Huawei-Tron-1-635x423.jpg

Actually looks pretty good. Not as bad as I though. All your usb and HDMI goodies are there and it is a very sleek design.

But the big change is the controllers, which were not demonstrated:

http://cdn3.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Tron-controller.jpg

Essentially an Xbox 360/One controller with the home button at the bottom and a big circle taking up the top and middle, I am assuming this will most likely be used for touch screen games and internet features. But who knows, The controllers look very strange though.

Huawei(WahWay) seems to have a potential device here.

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (36380 posts) -

Oh, so that's how you pronounce it. My uncle got one of their phones not too long ago.

No idea who they are. I did see some ads on TV though.

#3 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

Oh, so that's how you pronounce it. My uncle got one of their phones not too long ago.

No idea who they are. I did see some ads on TV though.

They are the biggest professional phone suppliers in China and the I believe the 3rd largest low-end phone manufactures in the U.S., and also the 3rd highest provider of high-middle-end phones in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and easter europe.

They have some nice high-middle-end phones. Their low-end phones aren't as crappy as the usual either. They also have internet providers in certain countries. I believe they are the 13th richest consumer electronics company(that makes them) in china and 38th world wide if I am not mistaken.

But they are just now starting to spread out more with the last 3 or so years than being strictly niche or doing the old Blackberry route (and they knew how to restructure and change, unlike blackberry.)

#4 Posted by lglz1337 (1699 posts) -

ohh gawd...

#5 Posted by freedomfreak (36380 posts) -

They are the biggest professional phone suppliers in China and the I believe the 3rd largest low-end phone manufactures in the U.S., and also the 3rd highest provider of high-middle-end phones in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and easter europe.

They have some nice high-middle-end phones. Their low-end phones aren't as crappy as the usual either. They also have internet providers in certain countries. I believe they are the 13th richest consumer electronics company(that makes them) in china and 38th world wide if I am not mistaken.

But they are just now starting to spread out more with the last 3 or so years than being strictly niche or doing the old Blackberry route (and they knew how to restructure and change, unlike blackberry.)

Jeesh. These dudes seem legit. I thought they were just random ass fellas doing phones and such.

Interesting. Well, we'll see how they fare.

#6 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4115 posts) -

Horrible phones. They have also been accused of espionage in the US.

http://m.techspot.com/news/54877-huawei-decides-to-exit-the-us-market-over-cyber-espionage-concerns.html

#7 Posted by Shewgenja (6815 posts) -

I'll take five.

#8 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6581 posts) -

*Yawn*

Android.

#9 Posted by edwardecl (1303 posts) -

I have one of their phones (y300 for ~£50), extremely cheap and extremely good if you want a cheap smart phone. I use it all the time for mobile browsing. Also had their previous model (g300), that was £100 and was pretty good but it did break after about 1.5 years when I was flashing custom roms to it. Got my moneys worth out of it.

As for the Espionage thing... LOL at NSA. You really think Apple are not doing the same thing, didn't they get caught recently putting backdoors in their phones.

#10 Posted by Basinboy (10661 posts) -

Chinese electronics conglomerate +Kinect camera = Cyberdyne

#11 Posted by Caseytappy (2094 posts) -

Found out by the US trough years of espionage in the rest of the World .

I wonder if they also tap in to their allies .

#12 Posted by getyeryayasout (6363 posts) -

Wawa-wee-wawa! Pretty cool. This should definitely be the last console gen as we've come to know them.

#13 Edited by ronvalencia (15065 posts) -

@Caseytappy said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

Found out by the US trough years of espionage in the rest of the World .

I wonder if they also tap in to their allies .

Most of the western countries are part of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UKUSA_Agreement#9_Eyes.2C_14_Eyes.2C_and_other_.22third_parties.22

http://www.dw.de/us-lawmakers-push-for-german-entrance-to-five-eyes-spy-alliance/a-17246049

Germany wants to join the higher level Five Eyes group.

"According to a former top U.S. official, "Germany joining would be a possibility, but not France – France itself spies on the US far too aggressively for that".

USA's NSA "taps UK phones" at the request of the British intelligence agency MI5.

NSA follows the request from MI5.

#14 Edited by ACP_45 (416 posts) -

The Sony Killer ?