How would you feel if Nintendo puchased Platinum Games?

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by n00bproof (674 posts) -

Obviously Sega pretty much completely abandoned Platinum, and Microsoft and Sony didn't want to support them either. And so comes in Nintendo, saving Bayonetta 2. 

A few years ago Platinum's president said that they'd love to make a Star Fox game (jokingly he said "at gunpoint") and now thats a pretty real possibility now.

You think Platinum's partnership with Nintendo will be long term?

#2 Posted by Blabadon (25935 posts) -
I would feel like Nintendo had bought Platinum Games or something like that
#3 Posted by bbkkristian (14944 posts) -
I wouldn't mind. Nintendo got Monolift Soft, and they are liking the partnership.
#4 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9511 posts) -
Thye dont make anything i find interesting, so NINTY can have them.
#5 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

The first Bayonetta game is the only game of theirs I like so I would not care at all.

#6 Posted by Sushiglutton (5225 posts) -
I will buy all platinum games for as long as they make them. If they go Nintendo I will buy none of them. In other words I think it would be sad.
#7 Posted by Giancar (19050 posts) -
Sad, I need them in a proper hardware.
#8 Posted by dogfather76 (588 posts) -

Nintendo's shares are at record lows. I doubt they will be buying anone any time soon,

#9 Posted by hexashadow13 (5157 posts) -
I will buy all platinum games for as long as they make them. If they go Nintendo I will buy none of them. In other words I think it would be sad.Sushiglutton
#10 Posted by AshFromEvilDead (106 posts) -
I would kill them until they died from it.
#11 Posted by CDUB316 (6589 posts) -

Nintendo's shares are at record lows. I doubt they will be buying anone any time soon,

dogfather76

Last i heard, Nintendo still has a **** ton of money saved up (even with losses from the wii u)....they'd be fine if they bought them

I for one wouldn't mind it at all....hell if it wasn't for Nintendo we wouldn't be getting Bayonetta 2 at all...I'd also love to see a Vanquish 2

Star Fox could also be really neat...I think a Platinum feel is exactly what that series needs

#12 Posted by timmy00 (15360 posts) -

I wouldn't care. I'll still buy all their great games anyways.

#13 Posted by DrRockso87 (2511 posts) -

I... doubt I'd notice. I mean, sure. Bayonetta is great and haven't played Metal Gear Rising which looks cool but other than that, meh.

#14 Posted by charizard1605 (56030 posts) -
Great, and I think they should just go ahead and do it anyway.
#15 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13424 posts) -

mildly upset

#16 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6536 posts) -
That would be terrible. They'd be stuck working with shit hardware and games like Metal Gear Rising wouldn't be a possibility
#17 Posted by headninjadog (697 posts) -
I'd be pissed. I have no plans to buy a WiiU and all Platinum's games are really good or excellent. I am hoping that Bayonetta 2 comes to the PS4 one day. Nintendo may be publishing it but Platinum owns the rights to the character so there is a chance some type of Bayonetta game can come to other systems. However, Platinum said that Bayonetta 2 probably wouldn't of happened if it weren't for Nintendo which is sad since the series is so good. Unfortunately the first game didn't quite sell as well as hoped for. I hate that female character games don't sell as well as their male counterpart's titles. There's nothing wrong with sexy witches at all!
#18 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17341 posts) -
No cause then they'd be forced to make Nintendo games. I prefer them doing their crazy original IP's.
#19 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

I'd be pissed. I have no plans to buy a WiiU and all Platinum's games are really good or excellent. I am hoping that Bayonetta 2 comes to the PS4 one day. Nintendo may be publishing it but Platinum owns the rights to the character so there is a chance some type of Bayonetta game can come to other systems. However, Platinum said that Bayonetta 2 probably wouldn't of happened if it weren't for Nintendo which is sad since the series is so good. Unfortunately the first game didn't quite sell as well as hoped for. I hate that female character games don't sell as well as their male counterpart's titles. There's nothing wrong with sexy witches at all!headninjadog

Tomb Raider says hello.

#20 Posted by headninjadog (697 posts) -

[QUOTE="headninjadog"]I'd be pissed. I have no plans to buy a WiiU and all Platinum's games are really good or excellent. I am hoping that Bayonetta 2 comes to the PS4 one day. Nintendo may be publishing it but Platinum owns the rights to the character so there is a chance some type of Bayonetta game can come to other systems. However, Platinum said that Bayonetta 2 probably wouldn't of happened if it weren't for Nintendo which is sad since the series is so good. Unfortunately the first game didn't quite sell as well as hoped for. I hate that female character games don't sell as well as their male counterpart's titles. There's nothing wrong with sexy witches at all!StrongBlackVine

Tomb Raider says hello.

Oh yeah definitely but something like a Bayonetta character is too sexed up for us Westerners.
#21 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

Never bought a Platinum game so wouldn't care.

#22 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -
Then sorry Platinum game, I will watch your games from a far.
#23 Posted by Seabas989 (10106 posts) -

Maybe if they were like Rare in the 90s making there own IPs. I doubt it would happen.

#24 Posted by LustForSoul (5843 posts) -
They could use some more core games, I wouldn't mind.
#25 Posted by psn8214 (14924 posts) -

Gawd no. I'll never buy a WiiU, better to have them make games for PC or PS4. 

#26 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34144 posts) -

I generally buy Nintendo hardware so fine by me.

#27 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17054 posts) -

I'd be upset unless they promised me Vanquish 2.

#28 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7503 posts) -

I hope Nintendo doesn't purchase anymore Niche studios or IPs. Their localizations from generation to generation are way too inconsistent. I'd rather not risk it.

#29 Posted by Ghost120x (3739 posts) -
Eh. I'll live.
#30 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6986 posts) -
It would be great. That would mean more quality exclusives on the Wii U and 3DS.
#31 Posted by handssss (1822 posts) -
well, there's one company killed by Nintendo. Sorry, still can't see their games being a success on Nintendo consoles. Even if they were only available on them,
#32 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6986 posts) -
[QUOTE="handssss"]well, there's one company killed by Nintendo. Sorry, still can't see their games being a success on Nintendo consoles. Even if they were only available on them,

Good games usually sell pretty well on Nintendo consoles.
#33 Posted by omho88 (3967 posts) -

that would be sad seeing PG closing coz all their games will flop on WiiU .... starting with Bayonetta 2 :?

#34 Posted by Darth-Samus (3995 posts) -

I can't be sure but...yes...yes I do believe in fact I would  very joyously dance in the streets. Naked. With a party hat. And confetti.

#35 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

I'd feel fine.

#36 Posted by VendettaRed07 (13998 posts) -

Relieved. They need more studios. They clearly don't have the man power to fully support both WiiU and 3DS. They need more help with the wiiu because they seem either unwilling or unable to give the wiiu appropriate service

#37 Posted by Micropixel (865 posts) -

I would be fine with it. In fact, I think it's a very real possibility now that it could actually happen.

#38 Posted by VendettaRed07 (13998 posts) -

I hope Nintendo doesn't purchase anymore Niche studios or IPs. Their localizations from generation to generation are way too inconsistent. I'd rather not risk it.

FlamesOfGrey

Platinum is talent though. Capable of making HD next gen games, and they get them out in good time. If they bought them they could make them do whatever they want. New Kid Icarus, Star fox, Kirby, Fzero, etc. All games that would be easily marketed outside of just japan.

#39 Posted by Sword-Demon (6963 posts) -

as long as they utilized them properly, I'd have no problem with that

#40 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
bayonetta #14953953 The wonderful 100001 Vanquish #4000
#41 Edited by Bigtakilla (13 posts) -

@campzor: There will still be less of them than FInal Fantasy XIII series, Kingdom Hearts side story games, Halo, Gran Turismo, Forza, Call Of Duty, and Battlefield. Lol.

#42 Edited by osan0 (12627 posts) -

well at the moment it seems to be a case that nintendo support platinum or platinum does not exist.

i think it would be good for nintendo and platinum IF nintendo just write the checques. nintendo dont know how to make the types of games platinum makes so they should just support them financially and let them do their thing.

from a creative standpoint it worked great for monolith. nintendo gave them the time and money they needed to make xenoblade and in return the wii has one of the best JRPGs (and one of the best games imho) of he gen. disaster day of crisis was also a surprisingly good laugh. a bit mad but good fun.

the problem is sales. xenoblade sold very little (same on you market). wonderful 101 sold bupkis and i dont think beyonetta is going to do much better.

so if i was nintendo i wouldnt be too sure about buying them outright. i would continue the current arrangement though and see how things pan out.

#43 Posted by locus-solus (499 posts) -

[QUOTE="headninjadog"]I'd be pissed. I have no plans to buy a WiiU and all Platinum's games are really good or excellent. I am hoping that Bayonetta 2 comes to the PS4 one day. Nintendo may be publishing it but Platinum owns the rights to the character so there is a chance some type of Bayonetta game can come to other systems. However, Platinum said that Bayonetta 2 probably wouldn't of happened if it weren't for Nintendo which is sad since the series is so good. Unfortunately the first game didn't quite sell as well as hoped for. I hate that female character games don't sell as well as their male counterpart's titles. There's nothing wrong with sexy witches at all!StrongBlackVine

Tomb Raider says hello.

Oh yeah definitely but something like a Bayonetta character is too sexed up for us Westerners.

has Nintendo ever censored a mature rated game before?

#44 Posted by charizard1605 (56030 posts) -

Sure, go for it

#45 Edited by DarkGamer007 (6024 posts) -

I'm honestly surprised they haven't already, I mean I don't see how this wouldn't be a win-win for both companies. Nintendo gains a new second-party studio and a few new exclusives, and Platinum now doesn't have to worry about funding their projects. I mean Nintendo is funding Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2, and they were the only people willing to fund those two projects.

#46 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9523 posts) -

Be okay with me.

#47 Posted by DarkGamer007 (6024 posts) -

I hate that female character games don't sell as well as their male counterpart's titles. There's nothing wrong with sexy witches at all!

This is a prime example of Almost Politically Correct Redneck. You intentions started out fine, but then you contradicted your intentions with an objectifying statement about women.

#48 Posted by trugs26 (5295 posts) -

Well I own a Wii U and 3DS. So I wouldn't mind.

#49 Posted by superbuuman (2683 posts) -

Will be good as long as Nintendo leaves Platinum to do what they do, NOT push them to make a "Family friendly" type game. :P

#50 Edited by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

It would suck a bit for Plat to be stuck making making N games. They're far more useful putting games on systems people actually use.