How will Vita's future play out in 2013? What are some predictions?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crusadernm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 crusadernm
Member since 2009 • 1609 Posts

What are your thoughts in regards to PS Vita in 2013?

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts
It's last year(even though I think it's the better handheld.). Hows that for a prediction.
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
funeral
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Horribly Nintendo already has a great First Party line up, for 2013 and unlike Sony they have Third Party developers really wanting to work with them. I don't see what Third Party support Sony is working with next year. We have no idea if Capcom is doing anything EA will probably just port sport's games over, it wouldn't suprise me if Activision was done with them after how they let Call of duty, end up and Ubisoft is up in the air depending on how Assassins creed liberation did. It's a shame since i definitely believe the Vita, is the better system but Sony just blew it at every corner with marketing and launching the system and Nintendo has done this for years.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#5 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
PSP's 2009. Just enough for a cow's dellusional hope but bad enough for anyone else to realize it's crap.
LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
Dreamcast
Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts
The sales are soo bad. Sony really needs to make a price cut.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#8 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

PSP's 2009.vashkey
Oh god why. That year man.

To be fair it had Dissidia which is the best fighter on the PSP and easily one of the best, if not the best, game on the system in many people's opinion. But outside of that holy crap it was sh!t.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

Hopefully Media Molecule and Guerilla's games will get enough momentum for Capcom or Square Enix to jump on board.

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

Struggles even wose than this year. Dies in 2014.

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts
I was hoping for the best but I just don't see good things happening. Maybe a gta will bring some sells but past that I don't see much helping it. The psp at least had Japan and still has it. And the 3ds has monster hunter now. So unless Sony is hiding a big something for next year this handheld could have a premature death.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
I hope it gets some better games because I want to get one but its not looking good.
TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

Roses

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Blabadon
I hope it gets some better games because I want to get one but its not looking good.mems_1224
Honestly, I'm with this. I was going to pick this up on Black Friday but the games just aren't there. I nearly picked up an iPod Touch instead but I'll hold off and just raise money for me and my wife for a while
Avatar image for greeneyedmonsta
greeneyedmonsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 greeneyedmonsta
Member since 2003 • 731 Posts

DreamcastLittleMac19

I wish, that would mean sony would take some risks on some of the games released for the system.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#16 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
It will start to pick up a lot of steam. Unlike a lot of tech, consoles generally take time to become attractive products. People were so doom and gloom over the ps3 as well during its first year or so, but look at it now. 70 million sold is very good. I know it's less than the ps2 but people were saying that Sony should scrap the ps3 and start over. Now of course history is revisionist so I doubt many here will own up to their comments. Just like the comments I'm reading now about the Vita.
DISSESHOWEDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DISSESHOWEDO
Member since 2010 • 1775 Posts

It will start to pick up a lot of steam. Unlike a lot of tech, consoles generally take time to become attractive products. People were so doom and gloom over the ps3 as well during its first year or so, but look at it now. 70 million sold is very good. I know it's less than the ps2 but people were saying that Sony should scrap the ps3 and start over. Now of course history is revisionist so I doubt many here will own up to their comments. Just like the comments I'm reading now about the Vita.GunSmith1_basic

Pretty much this !

PS

Quake I is the gratest FPS of all time !

GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GunSmith1_basic

Pretty much this !

PS

Quake I is the gratest FPS of all time !

DISSESHOWEDO

What's Quake? Haha jk

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts
Gonna continue to decline.
usule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 usule
Member since 2003 • 1734 Posts

it's sad, it's a good piece of hardware, like one said earlier, it smells like dreamcast

sora16perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sora16perfect
Member since 2007 • 730 Posts
I'm guessing sony will drop the price announce some games and sales will increase. Idk why people keep saying that it'll die a premature death. There's still time to turn things around. I remember around the time that the ps3 launched everybody was saying that it was doomed and all that nonsense and look at it now.
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

Pricecut is a given but it won't help much because they need software from 3rd parties.

mariomaster16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#23 mariomaster16
Member since 2008 • 762 Posts

Honestly I have zero interest in the system, so I won't miss when it inevitably dies. The graphics are great, but besides that main mechanics of the system are too gimmicky. The 3DS, while not as much of a technical revolution, has a solid list of games already out, it's backwards-compatible and has what looks like a great line-up for 2013. Nintendo may have messed up their consoles but they're more-or-less dominating handhelds, and they'll continue to do so until Sony gets better games for the Vita and make it more affordable. The Vita costs more than the PS3, which is ridiculous. My condolences to Vita fans, but the future looks grim for the system.

mariomaster16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mariomaster16

I'm guessing sony will drop the price announce some games and sales will increase. Idk why people keep saying that it'll die a premature death. There's still time to turn things around. I remember around the time that the ps3 launched everybody was saying that it was doomed and all that nonsense and look at it now.sora16perfect

The PS3 and PSP had similar problems with price when they started, but eventually the cost went down, and the systems began to compete again. Even so the PSP never really compared to the DS overall. I liked both systems, but the DS dominated the last gen of handhelds. Nintendo was smart not to change too much. They changed enough with the 3DS to catch the eye of third-party devs, without introducing so much new tech that the cost would go up too bad. Sony on the other hand packed so much into one new system that people already had doubts over that they alienated a lot of devs. Lowering the price won't change anything if the game selection doesn't improve soon. Games are what make the system worthwhile, and if Sony doesn't have solid third-party support, selling the system for ten bucks isn't going to make it more popular.

ismetdai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ismetdai
Member since 2012 • 40 Posts

It'll get a price cut, it'll get more games and it'll be fine.

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
It needs a price cut and more big recognizable IPs as exclusives, it needs it own GOW, Ratchet, and maybe even infamous, the new IPs from media molecule and other developers are great for the system, but they won't be system sellers.
PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

Next gen consoles will move to UE4. The UE3 will be alot cheaper aswell as other last gen engines the vita could cope with, which the 3DS can not. Assasins Creed, Call of Duty , Jet set radio are not on 3DS because it carn't handle em. Just like FIFA on 3DS uses a crappy Wii/PS2 engine while Vita uses current gen enigne. 3DS may have snake eater but it took alot of dev time to port it and still lags like a SOB. Vita just got the HD collection because it could play it easy with consoles at 60 fps. DOA annouced recently for Vita and WiiU..not 3DS see my point.

3DS has already used its Mario after Mario games. Sony has all its big exclusives to use. Killzone, infamous, God of war +++

What does the 3DS have? Monster hunter... Well its coming to WiiU and Soul Sacrifice looks better. And what's stopping MH from coming to vita? Its Capcom for god sake. GTA vita exclusive end of 2013 mark it down nubs!

:)

mariomaster16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mariomaster16

Next gen consoles will move to UE4. The UE3 will be alot cheaper aswell as other last gen engines the vita could cope with, which the 3DS can not. Assasins Creed, Call of Duty , Jet set radio are not on 3DS because it carn't handle em. Just like FIFA on 3DS uses a crappy Wii/PS2 engine while Vita uses current gen enigne. 3DS may have snake eater but it took alot of dev time to port it and still lags like a SOB. Vita just got the HD collection because it could play it easy with consoles at 60 fps. DOA annouced recently for Vita and WiiU..not 3DS see my point.

3DS has already used its Mario after Mario games. Sony has all its big exclusives to use. Killzone, infamous, God of war +++

What does the 3DS have? Monster hunter... Well its coming to WiiU and Soul Sacrifice looks better. And what's stopping MH from coming to vita? Its Capcom for god sake. GTA vita exclusive end of 2013 mark it down nubs!

:)

PCgameruk

You seem to be of the opinion that graphics are everything, but you fail to recognize the myriad of games that the 3DS currently has and the ones that are lined up for it, that will most likely sell well (Phoenix Wright Vs. Prof. Layton for example). Sony has the better tech for sure, but that hasn't exactly helped them dominate the current gen of consoles. Until relatively recently even the Wii had outsold the PS3, despite have piss-poor graphics in comparison. Next-gen graphics won't mean jack if the Vita doesn't get quality titles, even a GoW, or Ratchet game might help bolster sales.

Avatar image for todd2r_Partdeux
todd2r_Partdeux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 todd2r_Partdeux
Member since 2012 • 762 Posts
As much as I hate Sony, the Vita is the one product I actually enjoy from them. The only thing the Vita needs is a price cut. Whenever I show someone my Vita, they always say how cool it is and the screen is great, blah, blah, blah. So the interest is there. But nobody is paying 249 and then 39-49 bucks for a game when they can download angry birds for 99cents on their phone. Lower the price to 199, drop memory prices, and offer a variety of colors (the white vita is sexy) and they will be fine. It will never beat the 3DS but at least it will survive.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Blabadon
As much as I hate Sony, the Vita is the one product I actually enjoy from them. The only thing the Vita needs is a price cut. Whenever I show someone my Vita, they always say how cool it is and the screen is great, blah, blah, blah. So the interest is there. But nobody is paying 249 and then 39-49 bucks for a game when they can download angry birds for 99cents on their phone. Lower the price to 199, drop memory prices, and offer a variety of colors (the white vita is sexy) and they will be fine. It will never beat the 3DS but at least it will survive. todd2r_Partdeux
I thought you hated cows and not Sony.
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GunSmith1_basic
you guys are concentrating on the processors too much. If the vita succeeds, it will be because of that big beautiful touch screen, and maybe the superior controls. I think the Vita will also benefit greatly when this current gen ends for the HD twins so it won't be a portstation anymore and more games will be made ground up for it. That's what happened to the PSP anyway
Avatar image for todd2r_Partdeux
todd2r_Partdeux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 todd2r_Partdeux
Member since 2012 • 762 Posts
[QUOTE="todd2r_Partdeux"]As much as I hate Sony, the Vita is the one product I actually enjoy from them. The only thing the Vita needs is a price cut. Whenever I show someone my Vita, they always say how cool it is and the screen is great, blah, blah, blah. So the interest is there. But nobody is paying 249 and then 39-49 bucks for a game when they can download angry birds for 99cents on their phone. Lower the price to 199, drop memory prices, and offer a variety of colors (the white vita is sexy) and they will be fine. It will never beat the 3DS but at least it will survive. Blabadon
I thought you hated cows and not Sony.

Both. But I do enjoy the Vita. Hope it hangs in there.
StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 StryderK
Member since 2006 • 3189 Posts

I'm guessing sony will drop the price announce some games and sales will increase. Idk why people keep saying that it'll die a premature death. There's still time to turn things around. I remember around the time that the ps3 launched everybody was saying that it was doomed and all that nonsense and look at it now.sora16perfect

The big problem with the Vita is that price drop now maybe too late. PS3 got its price drop only six months into its life, at the staggering cost of billions of dollars in losses to Sony. That helped stablize the situation somewhat.

For Vita. Sony don't have that "Take losses up on the chin to stablize the situation" anymore. They are already billions in debt and now their stock is classified as "junk". Hate to say this, this was what Sega was facing back in 2000 just before the final nail was hammered in. sony can't afford price drop anymore and it's long past the time where a price drop will make a difference. At this point, consumer's mindset are set, 3DS has grabbed so much mindshare that it hardly mattered now with a price drop, like NGC in the days. ie, price drop, good at picking up sales for a month or two at best, then everything go back to the same ol' same ol'.

What is worse however, could be the developer support. 3DS is getting MASSIVE amount. I mean, MH anyone? That is HUGE in Japan. And at the current rate, Capcom are hardly pressed to bring MH back to the PSV. That is a HUGE problem. PS3 survived because not just price drop, but because developers and publishers had this confusing habit of going "OMG! Games no sales on the Wii Wii, it only teh sales on the harda corda consoles!!!!" (even though that is a huge huge mistake, like almost 900 million software units sold on the Wii mistake). So they are willing to even risk completely throwing themselves to the curbside just in order to satisfy their egos and their "vision". and for some, it was.

Vita does not have that kind of mindshare vs the 3DS. 3DS got third party developers on lock down right now. AGain, MH, FF DQ etc etc are all coming to the 3DS. And even with games that SUPPOSED to be the killer aps for Vita, it turned out to be a turd, aka, CoD....With that kind of effort, do you really think developers will make another effort? Nope. They just gonna throw in the towels and move on to greener pastures. And Sony just don't have the resources or the first party talent to keep BOTH the PS4 and Vita going at the sametime.

This is why me thinks by the end of 2013, you will see Sony calling it quits by 2014 to fully focus on the PS4 instead....

StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 StryderK
Member since 2006 • 3189 Posts

As much as I hate Sony, the Vita is the one product I actually enjoy from them. The only thing the Vita needs is a price cut. Whenever I show someone my Vita, they always say how cool it is and the screen is great, blah, blah, blah. So the interest is there. But nobody is paying 249 and then 39-49 bucks for a game when they can download angry birds for 99cents on their phone. Lower the price to 199, drop memory prices, and offer a variety of colors (the white vita is sexy) and they will be fine. It will never beat the 3DS but at least it will survive. todd2r_Partdeux

And especially Sony was a dumbass for FORCING people to buy a memory card just in order to play games....When those memory cards are sometimes 3x more expensive than a regular SD card! I mean, I can get a 32G SD card for like $30 in some places. The same Vita proprietary memory card...$120!!!! WTF!!!!!!! No way in mother iffer hell Sony!

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#35 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

starts humming funeral music ,, funeral funeral funeral ohh no ive been to so many in my life looks like im attending another

DISSESHOWEDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DISSESHOWEDO
Member since 2010 • 1775 Posts

it's long past the time where a price drop will make a difference.sora16perfect

Black friday sais otherwise !!!

And Sony just don't have the resources or the first party talent to keep BOTH the PS4 and Vita going at the sametime.

sora16perfect

You serious !?!

There is one thing about japanese people, you don't understand obviously ! Sony will never discontinue the Vita !!!

The only problem with the Vita is the price of the memory cards! I understand that Sony wants to prevent their new born from being hacked, but come on, they don't even sell 32gb cards in my country !!! No one will drop 80 bucks for a 32gb !

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts
Another miserable year.
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts
Dark cloud 3, ff VII remake, infamous 4, gran turismo vita, metal gear, Gta, Valkyria Chronicles 4 and a yakuza spin off.
Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Totalgym9000
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts

Didn't the Vita sell well at the 200.00 dollar mark, So I'm expecting a official price drop to $200.00 and a decent year.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

this is what i predict

RIP PS Vita 2011-2013 or RIP Vita 2011-2014