How to fix the "Wobbling" Problem on the PS4

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

I_AM_MEGATRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 I_AM_MEGATRON
Member since 2008 • 427 Posts

wtf? it doesn't wobble on its own only when you push it from above. but who does this? lol lems still upset about their xbone 720

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

@treedoor said:

*play Knack for 5 minutes*

*realize you wasted money*

*slide Knack disk underneath PS4 to keep it from wobbling*

LMAO

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

LMFAO, that is just unacceptable. What a horrible design. Cows were praising this piece of junk? The thing can't even stand properly for f*ck sake!

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

@RpgGamer23q said:

@xWoW_Rougex said:

- The absolutely worst part of this is all the PS4 haters. They're already spamming those pictures to the point that I'd like to see it reportable as spam/disruptive posting. (especially because some of the pictures are friggin' huge). It's only gonna keep on going, with these gifs gonna be spammed in every bloody thread and hater after hater will keep quoting it.

lol.. sony fanboys would do the same thing if this was an issue with the X1.

Perhaps but no matter who does it, the forum will be filled with these lotsa big gifs to scroll through over and over and over again. They're nothing else than spam/disruptive posts. There is a lot of meaningless posts here but at least they tend to be short. The other user that quoted me also posted a picture but at least that one was small unlike dananabo~something really huge gifs. Unfortunately with the new forum, big gifs are pretty much standard yeah?

Maybe it's possible to just use adBlock or something to hide them I wonder...

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 cheesie253
Member since 2003 • 1014 Posts

This honestly has me a little disappointed. I don't mind the lower than expected scored for the launch titles but the wobble is just eating at me. From what I've see it's not exactly sturdy on the stand either. This kind of thing bothers me more than the games not hitting hype. The fact that some cheap to apply rubber feet would have fixed this before shipping has me wondering what they were thinking. Regardless if it needs to be " pushed " to wobble doesn't make a difference to me. A $400 + product should not ship like this. I was all excited after trying out the new controller the other day which to me was a huge upgrade and this just killed that.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@xWoW_Rougex said:

- Quite an embarassing flaw if all PS4 are affected by this.

- An incredibly insignificant detail.

- The absolutely worst part of this is all the PS4 haters. They're already spamming those pictures to the point that I'd like to see it reportable as spam/disruptive posting. (especially because some of the pictures are friggin' huge). It's only gonna keep on going, with these gifs gonna be spammed in every bloody thread and hater after hater will keep quoting it.

it's not even a flaw. the console sits perfectly balanced when you dont apply pressure to that 1 fucking corner. the ps4 is hardly the first system like this. remember the ps2? part of the system didn't touch the ground either.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#57 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

this is literally the weirdest complaint i've ever seen about an electronic device.

It's not like bumping the thing will scratch the shit out of your game disks (C wut I did thar?)

It's not that weird, it just makes the overall quality look a bit bad considering how solidly built the rest of it looks, and it's always a concern when such a simple thing is overlooked.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Who cares? Are you going to eat dinner off the thing?

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#60 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@I_AM_MEGATRON said:

wtf? it doesn't wobble on its own only when you push it from above. but who does this? lol lems still upset about their xbone 720

Pretty much and they seem to be out in storm about that -- grasping at straws and bashing killzone... a "LAUNCH" game that scored a 9.5 at destructoid and 8 at ign... and a 7 here... but was stated that the multiplayer and single player story were great on gs review and that the game is gorgeous. Lems will hate on it though, and its messed up that they are all coming out of the closet now. filthy sucm that they are.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#61 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Not going to lie, that was funny.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#62 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@handssss said:

@xWoW_Rougex said:

it's not even a flaw. the console sits perfectly balanced when you dont apply pressure to that 1 fucking corner. the ps4 is hardly the first system like this. remember the ps2? part of the system didn't touch the ground either.

Your right and it is a non-issue, but back then the lems weren't around at all.. remember that faction wasn't born for another 2 years after the ps2 came out. Its times like these i wish Sega had never died so we wouldn't have to deal with these hyper active , bro gaming children.

jsolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 jsolidus
Member since 2011 • 171 Posts

The amount of hate coming form lems is quite pathetic.to be honest this shouldn't happen..I don't know how no one didn't notice this but unless you actually press down on your ps4 everytime you use it or look for flaws its really not a big deal unless your a lem.. its not like a 360 bricking at launch and M$ refusing to fix it until 2 or 3 years down the line..Lems are grasping for straws on the ps4 hate, its sad and juvenile .

kazrium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65 kazrium
Member since 2006 • 1632 Posts

So are they going to include the post-it's with the PS4, because I ain't going to buy them myself. Oh noes!

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

This is what people usually do with furniture on an unstable surface.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#67 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

This must be the day one "hard" patch.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

@xWoW_Rougex said:

Nice double standards you got there

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

So it wobbles if you push down on the corner

specifically

to make it wobble?

Yeah, I'm really not seeing how this is a serious problem.

Unless you plan on eating off of it or setting drinks on top of it

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

I find it ridiculous that you have to put something underneath your brand new next gen console just so it doesn't move.

Sure is not a serious problem at all but it looks kinda cheap. Looks like something coming out of china, the ponystation 6 or something.

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By cheesie253

@jsolidus:

The hate it's getting would be the same coming from Sony fan boys if it were the Xbox One with the same problem. There's no getting around that it never should have shipped like that. Is it detrimental? Of course not. It is a pity that this wasn't noticed and fixed or was noticed and pushed aside. Hell my cheap BD player I bought for my bedroom doesn't wobble and it was a fourth of the price. It simply should not wobble at all even if only when pushed on. It's just bad design. Plain and simple. Will it stop the PS4 from having great games? Nope. Still a stupid thing to let get by. Doesn't help that the stand to keep the system upright seems to also not be so sturdy. Anything that used a laser to read discs should be perfectly flat and have no chance of moving while the disc is spinning.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Lol lemmings,hermits and Sheep have teamed up to bash Cows. The jokes being said are quite funny though

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By PraetorianMan

@edidili said:

I find it ridiculous that you have to put something underneath your brand new next gen console just so it doesn't move.

Sure is not a serious problem at all but it looks kinda cheap. Looks like something coming out of china, the ponystation 6 or something.

Its an annoying problem that shouldn't be there, but unless you put something on top of it, its not going to move on its own and you probably wouldn't notice anyway.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#74 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

PS4 Slim will fix it.

lol unbelievable that it would wobble in the first place.

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 cheesie253

@PraetorianMan:

I'm going to notice right away that the left side of the console sits higher than the other side. I already have some stick on vibration dampening pads left over from some home audio shelving I made that I have cut into " feet " for my system. My OCD will not let me sit the system on a shelf if it appears that it's not level.

_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts

@cheesie253 said:

@jsolidus:

The hate it's getting would be the same coming from Sony fan boys if it were the Xbox One with the same problem. There's no getting around that it never should have shipped like that. Is it detrimental? Of course not. It is a pity that this wasn't noticed and fixed or was noticed and pushed aside. Hell my cheap BD player I bought for my bedroom doesn't wobble and it was a fourth of the price. It simply should not wobble at all even if only when pushed on. It's just bad design. Plain and simple. Will it stop the PS4 from having great games? Nope. Still a stupid thing to let get by. Doesn't help that the stand to keep the system upright seems to also not be so sturdy. Anything that used a laser to read discs should be perfectly flat and have no chance of moving while the disc is spinning.

"Let get by"? - it was designed to be supported that way. The console does not wobble. It sits perfectly still. Sony didn't design their console for people to sit there pressing down on one corner with their finger the whole time. Neither did MS or any other console maker.

I can't believe people care about this lol. Get over it.

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

I don't get it.

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 PraetorianMan

@Trail_Mix said:

I don't get it.

Apparently the whole PS4 is absolutely ruined because if you push down on the corner, it tilts a little.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Only in a place like SW do people take a mm which causes an easily fixable wobble and tries to turn it into warbait. I gotta admire this place.

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 cheesie253

@_Cadbury_:

Then I stand by what I said. It's a bad design. Anything with a moving optical system should have no chance of moving. That's why people invest thousands of dollars in the audio world on vibration dampening. It should not be shipping out like that. Stop defending it and get over it. It won't stop me from buying it but it is a bad design.

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 cheesie253

@bobbetybob:

Exactly. It's a powerful system and looks solid otherwise. Why let it ship like this though. It makes it look cheap.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

I don't get the problem, when i've got either my PS3 or 360 Elite vertically pushing them on the top corner will make them wobble too but that's never been an issue.

Bluray's are well coated so i've never seen one scratch before and as long as the drive is decent and doesn't have any missing bumpers like the 360 one did on the old models you won't see any scratching.

_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 _Cadbury_

@cheesie253 said:

@_Cadbury_:

Then I stand by what I said. It's a bad design. Anything with a moving optical system should have no chance of moving. That's why people invest thousands of dollars in the audio world on vibration dampening. It should not be shipping out like that. Stop defending it and get over it. It won't stop me from buying it but it is a bad design.

If this bothers you, then every other console not bolted down to the surface its sitting on should bother you. If I push the side of my ps3, it slides sideways. If I push up from beneath the front of it, it tips into the air. Is that bad design?
I don't need to get over anything; it doesn't bother me, because I have the intelligence not to knock a console about while it's running.

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts
@PraetorianMan said:
@Trail_Mix said:

I don't get it.

Apparently the whole PS4 is absolutely ruined because if you push down on the corner, it tilts a little.

*gasp* OH. MY. GOSH.

lol

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 cheesie253

@_Cadbury_:

Sure with a good amount of force it will move. That's a ridiculous comparison to what we have here. The system in some vids/pictures doesn't even appear to sit flush. One side is lifted. It's doesn't appear to take a whole lot to "wobble" the PS4. It's poor design. I don't think it will be a problem by any means. It just looks stupid with an otherwise great looking console. You shouldn't have to "fix" a brand new console out of the box. It's not a "problem" but it is bad design and those defending it are making excuses.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@cheesie253: It's a bad design but it's an easy quick fix.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

That's just an indication as before with the popping of the PS3 that once again they have used as cheap if not even cheaper plastics with the PS4. Have to give Microsoft credit for building a more solid console. Definitely an indication that it was produced in China! I will just have to stand it vertically plus my games will be fully installed so no worries of scratching the discs. Definitely going to get an Xbox One for sure now as I'm not sure how long the PS4 will last.

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By cheesie253

@MirkoS77:

I already have my fix as stated. It's not a huge problem at all. I just don't think the consumer should have to fix their new product. Like I've said it won't stop me from buying the PS4 and enjoying it. I just don't see how they let that slide and how people are making excuses for it. In the end it won't affect use of the console it just makes it look cheap when it's a great looking console as far as looks go. Now we wait and see if the technical problems will be wide spread. If I have my PS4 break as quickly as my PS3 did I will not support Sony. Same goes for the Xbox One. If it fails as quickly as my 360 did I am done with them too. I'm not hating on Sony here. If the One wobbled I would call that out too. Nothing, in my opinion, should have an issue like that. Bad design is bad design. Regardless of who makes it. I have had more problems with this last gen of consoles than any in the past. Something I don't really care for.

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

I'm sure this will be sorted in the next shipment of PS4s. Is quite funny actually. At least now we'll be able to tell if someone has a launch console or not.

"Hey did you get your PS4 at launch?"

Walks over to the console and pushes down on the side *wobble*

"Oh I see you did."

_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 _Cadbury_

@cheesie253 said:

@MirkoS77:

I already have my fix as stated. It's not a huge problem at all. I just don't think the consumer should have to fix their new product. Like I've said it won't stop me from buying the PS4 and enjoying it. I just don't see how they let that slide and how people are making excuses for it. In the end it won't affect use of the console it just makes it look cheap when it's a great looking console as far as looks go. Now we wait and see if the technical problems will be wide spread. If I have my PS4 break as quickly as my PS3 did I will not support Sony. Same goes for the Xbox One. If it fails as quickly as my 360 did I am done with them too. I'm not hating on Sony here. If the One wobbled I would call that out too. Nothing, in my opinion, should have an issue like that. Bad design is bad design. Regardless of who makes it. I have had more problems with this last gen of consoles than any in the past. Something I don't really care for.

Dude really?
No one has to fix their PS4, because there is nothing wrong with it. You've said it yourself, it's not a problem. Its not an issue. There's nothing to 'let slide' or make excuses for.
It doesn't make it look cheap, no one even noticed until someone posted a video pressing the edge of the console down.

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

@_Cadbury_ said:

It doesn't make it look cheap

It does though. No idea why you're trying so hard to defend it.

There's no reason whatsoever why it shouldn't stay firmly flat. Is that a feature or something? Does the console work faster if it wobbles? What's the reason?

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#92 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Wiggle Wiggle !

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 cheesie253

@_Cadbury_:

Actually I said it's not a huge problem and it won't affect the console from working. It is a design flaw and it should not have made it into production. That's my opinion and I don't think many people buying it would disagree. I've said it before and I will say it again. It won't stop me from enjoying the system but I think its bad quality control/design that it will tilt that easily. Stop making excuses and admit that although it's not going to affect performance that it is bad design and makes it look cheap. Hell this might be a fluke and limited to just a couple of systems we will see at launch just how bad it is.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 XxR3m1xInHDn3D

poor cows just can't catch a break

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#95 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

@AtariKidX said:

It is weird but i don't have this problem with my PS4...........and PS4 it is awesome.

Does anyone else see this PS4 that you "have", or just you?

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#96 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

# Meh.

I'm either going to get a vertical stand or put 4 big dice under the corners like I do with my ps3.

prolificvalor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#97 prolificvalor
Member since 2013 • 28 Posts

Everyone must admit, the PS3 was built much better than this. That thing is sturdy, I still have my 80 GB fat even though it hasnt been able to read disks in the past 2 or 3 years.

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

Just stick your Knack and Killzone discs under there and forget about them.

Really though this comes down to poor design and nothing else.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 XxR3m1xInHDn3D

@prolificvalor said:

Everyone must admit, the PS3 was built much better than this. That thing is sturdy, I still have my 80 GB fat even though it hasnt been able to read disks in the past 2 or 3 years.

My PS3 fell off my shelf onto my Original XBox once. Guess which console suffered the most damage...

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

This must be the end of PS4 then lol No wonder X1 is doing so much better than it everywhere.... OH WAIT

LMAOOOOO. Lems try harder please?