How the Xbox One will kill gamer nostalgia.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ChiefFreeman (5524 posts) -
This is a great article about how Microsoft wants to take away our enjoyment of retro games with the Xbox One. I hate Microsoft. http://blog.pricecharting.com/2013/05/xbox-one-where-nostalgia-goes-to-die.html?m=1
#2 Posted by TigerSuperman (2383 posts) -
This is a great article about how Microsoft wants to take away our enjoyment of retro games with the Xbox One. I hate Microsoft. http://blog.pricecharting.com/2013/05/xbox-one-where-nostalgia-goes-to-die.html?m=1ChiefFreeman
The whole article is incorrect and based on unconfirmed rumors.
#3 Posted by darkspineslayer (19821 posts) -
[QUOTE="ChiefFreeman"]This is a great article about how Microsoft wants to take away our enjoyment of retro games with the Xbox One. I hate Microsoft. http://blog.pricecharting.com/2013/05/xbox-one-where-nostalgia-goes-to-die.html?m=1TigerSuperman

Stay mad.
#4 Posted by Playerpat0 (1688 posts) -

Here we go again... :roll:

We know nothing of Sony's system besides specs and all you fanboys keep posting bull about how the Xbox 1 is bad. Next thread.

#5 Posted by Syn_Valence (1350 posts) -

Yea im not buying a xbox this gen.....not like im missing anything.  Im going to give it the nintendo treatment.

#6 Posted by TigerSuperman (2383 posts) -
[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"][QUOTE="ChiefFreeman"]This is a great article about how Microsoft wants to take away our enjoyment of retro games with the Xbox One. I hate Microsoft. http://blog.pricecharting.com/2013/05/xbox-one-where-nostalgia-goes-to-die.html?m=1darkspineslayer

Stay mad.

Prove it's confirmed, if you can't you are the one that is mad since you are spreading the rumors around.
#7 Posted by Heil68 (45267 posts) -
Thanks MS :(
#8 Posted by OhSnapitz (18459 posts) -
Another unfounded rumor thread.. Jeez you guys are so gullible all of a sudden.
#9 Posted by Optical_Order (5100 posts) -

Another unfounded rumor thread.. Jeez you guys are so gullible all of a sudden. OhSnapitz

Anytime there is an article that can support an anti (insert system here) agenda it seems to get posted here nowadays. 

#10 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -
[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"][QUOTE="ChiefFreeman"]This is a great article about how Microsoft wants to take away our enjoyment of retro games with the Xbox One. I hate Microsoft. http://blog.pricecharting.com/2013/05/xbox-one-where-nostalgia-goes-to-die.html?m=1darkspineslayer

Stay mad.

Stay stupid.
#11 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5978 posts) -
lol @ lems defending this. No collecting or buying used on that console. Xbox One games are playable only this gen.
#12 Posted by Playerpat0 (1688 posts) -
lol @ lems defending this. No collecting or buying used on that console. Xbox One games are playable only this gen.YoshiYogurt
Did you even read the article? Seriously?
#13 Posted by TigerSuperman (2383 posts) -
lol @ lems defending this. No collecting or buying used on that console. Xbox One games are playable only this gen.YoshiYogurt
There is no need to defend if nothing said in the article is happening.
#14 Posted by darkspineslayer (19821 posts) -
[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="TigerSuperman"] The whole article is incorrect and based on unconfirmed rumors.

Stay mad.

Stay stupid.

Says the guy who owns an alienware.
#15 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -
[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"] Stay mad.

Stay stupid.

As if you wouldn't accept such a gift.
#16 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5978 posts) -
[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]lol @ lems defending this. No collecting or buying used on that console. Xbox One games are playable only this gen.TigerSuperman
There is no need to defend if nothing said in the article is happening.

Haha you can buy that crappy console from Microscam. Enjoy not playing games for it later. not that bro gamers even care anymore.
#17 Posted by ChiefFreeman (5524 posts) -

We know nothing of Sony's system besides specs and all you fanboys keep posting bull about how the Xbox 1 is bad. Next thread.

Playerpat0
You say this, yet you have a Master Chief avatar.... Not smart.
#18 Posted by TigerSuperman (2383 posts) -
[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="percech"] Stay stupid.

That he would sell for money to make a more powerful Computer cheaper and have enough to by Popeyes left over for a year everyday.
#20 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -
[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"][QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"] Says the guy who owns an alienware.

That he would sell for money to make a more powerful Computer cheaper and have enough to by Popeyes left over for a year everyday.

I doubt he would sell it once he saw how cool the thing was. At least it wasn't a Mac.
#21 Posted by darkspineslayer (19821 posts) -
[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="TigerSuperman"][QUOTE="percech"] As if you wouldn't accept such a gift.

I doubt he would sell it once he saw how cool the thing was. At least it wasn't a Mac.

The stronger PC and years supply of Chicken would be cooler. I'm not one to get hung up on how a plastic box to play games on looks anyways. Which is why I was mostly indifferent to the behemoth known as X1, and don't really care what the PS4 looks like.
#22 Posted by Playerpat0 (1688 posts) -
[QUOTE="Playerpat0"]

ChiefFreeman
You say this, yet you have a Master Chief avatar.... Not smart.

Dude its from Halo 2 days... don't care to change it. I just read and occasionally post. Can you deny that we know nothing of PS4? I mean seriously... how old is everyone on here? You hear one whisper of DRM and its game over M$ when in fact Sony filed for a patent involving DRM and their gaming division!!!! Wake up people... its the new generation not just M$. If anything I bet at E3 they both pull out of the DRM craze. It is a bull blog link that looks like a five year old designed. Are we really buying into this link?
#23 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -
[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="TigerSuperman"] That he would sell for money to make a more powerful Computer cheaper and have enough to by Popeyes left over for a year everyday.

The stronger PC and years supply of Chicken would be cooler. I'm not one to get hung up on how a plastic box to play games on looks anyways. Which is why I was mostly indifferent to the behemoth known as X1, and don't really care what the PS4 looks like.

I accepted it during a time I really needed a new laptop and didn't care for selling and making a profit out of. I don't even care for making a profit out of it because I'm doing just fine with my income.
#24 Posted by millerlight89 (18570 posts) -
Nostalgia is lame anyways. Many reasons Ninty still sells their games are based on that alone.
#25 Posted by ChiefFreeman (5524 posts) -
Nostalgia is lame anyways. Many reasons Ninty still sells their games are based on that alone. millerlight89
It's not "lame" when you get actual enjoyment from playing retro games. Many of those games have managed to stand the test of time, despite dated graphics. You're seriously underestimating how big a deal this is to many of us.
#26 Posted by V3rciS (2215 posts) -

This is a great article about how Microsoft wants to take away our enjoyment of retro games with the Xbox One. I hate Microsoft. http://blog.pricecharting.com/2013/05/xbox-one-where-nostalgia-goes-to-die.html?m=1ChiefFreeman

The mind craves for formulations and definitions, always eager to squeeze reality into a verbal shape.

#27 Posted by darkspineslayer (19821 posts) -
Nostalgia is lame anyways. Many reasons Ninty still sells their games are based on that alone. millerlight89
When you can formulate a reasonable argument as to why Super Metroid isn't still better than most games today then perhaps someone will take you seriously, and one of the points can't be "it isn't 3D".
#28 Posted by nutcrackr (12650 posts) -
be funny if MS couldn't squash or counter rumors at E3, there will be no more excuses this time.