How Sunet Overdrive Became Exclusive.

  • 90 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Edited by sirk1264 (5644 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag: ratchet and clank into the nexus is a good game. Don't know what you are talking about.

#52 Edited by sirk1264 (5644 posts) -

@selfreflect: insomniac isn't owned by Sony and can do whatever they want. Sony probably wanted rights to the IP which insomniac clearly wants to own it unlike their other games. Probably only Microsoft would allow them to own the rights to the game. Don't be butt hurt that this game isn't on the ps4. They don't owe anyone anything and sunset overdrive looks awesome. Thankfully I own both a ps4 and Xbox one so I won't miss out on this one.

#53 Edited by Gatman32 (486 posts) -

@selfreflect: Shut the fuck up you

Propaganda spewing douche bag. Having brand loyalty is just plain stupid. You sound like a delusional liberal Obama supporter, just shut up. Lol

#54 Posted by IgGy621985 (5217 posts) -

You people are making too big deal out of it. If Sony offered them a better deal, they'd make Sunset Overdrive Sony exclusive.

#56 Posted by Funk21312 (39 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

The real story is Insomniac hasn't made a good game in years and M$ are the only ones dumb enough to fund another big budget title from them.

Implying that devs suddenly become incapable of releasing a good game after a few meh (not bad) ones

#57 Edited by Scipio8 (833 posts) -

Something tells me Insomniac may be using Microsoft cloud to have tons of AI on screen. If this is the case, its another reason why they went MS.

#58 Edited by silversix_ (16877 posts) -

This game will score less than DR3... Looks like such a generic cartoony shooter with forced violence. 6/10. This game will Ryse's friend.

#59 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6357 posts) -

Does anyone know who owns the right to FUSE?

LMAO

Yeah, sounds like MS were so desperate to stick one in Sony's eye for last E3 they bent over backwards for Insomniac. Pity wider events totally overshadowed that.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Please allow my self and other Xbox gamers to welcome Insomniac and Sunset Overdrive to THE ONE. A perfect home.

Couldn't agree more, you guys need a game from a semi-decent developer badly.

@Scipio8 said:

Something tells me Insomniac may be using Microsoft cloud to have tons of AI on screen. If this is the case, its another reason why they went MS.

Good God, I hope not.

#60 Edited by foxhound_fox (91387 posts) -

Cows will likely see this as a fairly big negative, since it's exclusive to their most hated system.

What they don't realize, since they tend to be rather short-sighted, is if it's a big success, Microsoft won't be able to maintain exclusivity of the IP, since Insomniac owns it. Well, unless they pay Insomniac an insane amount of money to keep it exclusive.

#61 Posted by LJS9502_basic (153499 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

Cows will likely see this as a fairly big negative, since it's exclusive to their most hated system.

What they don't realize, since they tend to be rather short-sighted, is if it's a big success, Microsoft won't be able to maintain exclusivity of the IP, since Insomniac owns it. Well, unless they pay Insomniac an insane amount of money to keep it exclusive.

I don't get hyping games that no one knows a thing about.....

#62 Edited by foxhound_fox (91387 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Cows will likely see this as a fairly big negative, since it's exclusive to their most hated system.

What they don't realize, since they tend to be rather short-sighted, is if it's a big success, Microsoft won't be able to maintain exclusivity of the IP, since Insomniac owns it. Well, unless they pay Insomniac an insane amount of money to keep it exclusive.

I don't get hyping games that no one knows a thing about.....

#63 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17620 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

those traitors said that they wanted to own their IP's to be able to release them everywhere in order to allow more people to experience their games but it was all bullshit. They were just looking for the higher bidder and M$ won.

Oh, boohoo

#65 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6357 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

Still butthurt you can't play Sunset Overdrive I see

I'll watch a Let's Play on Youtube when I'm taking a break from Destiny, The Order and Drive Club.

I'll probably get too reminded of Infamous and fire that up instead, without needing to worry if the online community is dead by now.

#68 Posted by nintendoboy16 (28501 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

those traitors said that they wanted to own their IP's to be able to release them everywhere in order to allow more people to experience their games but it was all bullshit. They were just looking for the higher bidder and M$ won.

Ooh, someone's bitter.

#69 Posted by Heil68 (48743 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

So Insomniac wanted to own the IP and Microsoft was looking for exclusives/games for the Xbox One and was willing to allow Insomniac to own the IP if they published the game exclusively for the Xbox One. Makes sense.

This means if the game is a hit they could go multiplatform with the series, just not the first game. Much like Titanfall.

Yup

#70 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (10107 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

This game will score less than DR3... Looks like such a generic cartoony shooter with forced violence. 6/10. This game will Ryse's friend.

#71 Edited by Nonstop-Madness (9503 posts) -

The game looks pretty interesting but considering Insomniac owns the IP, it won' t be much longer until the game/franchise goes multiplatform - especially if it does well on the Xbox One.

#72 Posted by scatteh316 (5029 posts) -

Releasing a game purely on the poor selling Xbone compared to PS4 is only going to hurt developers and future projects.

#73 Posted by Indicud (745 posts) -

Son'y worst dev is hailed as one of Microsoft's best

#74 Edited by DefconRave (806 posts) -

LOL here's how: MS $$$$$$$$$$ > Sony $$$

#75 Posted by silversix_ (16877 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@silversix_ said:

This game will score less than DR3... Looks like such a generic cartoony shooter with forced violence. 6/10. This game will Ryse's friend.

Game looks bad art style wise and gameplay (from what was shown at least) looked like a generic zombies spam fest. I'd eat this cow, hungry as fk.

#76 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6357 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

I'll watch a Let's Play on Youtube when I'm taking a break from Destiny, The Order and Drive Club.

I'll probably get too reminded of Infamous and fire that up instead, without needing to worry if the online community is dead by now.

Damn you guys really don't have any fun exclusives if you mention those games... A multiplatform game, a QTE game, a race game in 30fps that has 3 cars and 1 racetrack, to end with a game that has been out for already 6 months by the time sunset overdrive is out. Yikes :s

lmao massive damage control. My 3/4 fantastic games to your one Dead Rising clone that MS bent over backwards to secure.

I wonder if it'll have as much manufactured hype as Titanflop did.

#77 Edited by delta3074 (19065 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@delta3074 said:

Its a strategy that could be used to Block a particular console out of the market, Multiplats are the Bread and butter of the Games industry, neither MS, Nintendo or SONY put out enough exclusives that gamers would be happy with Exclusives alone, if you publish a title but allow the Developers to keep the IP you could effectively release the game on every platform except one of them and you would effectively be cutting them out of the market.

Do that with multiple developers.

Insomniac isn't putting any console out of business....

i was referring to Microsoft, not insomniac.

'If a if you PUBLISH a title but allow the DEVELOPERS to keep the IP....'

Clearly i was referring to whoever publishes the game , not who develops the title.

#78 Posted by groowagon (3144 posts) -

@DefconRave said:

LOL here's how: MS $$$$$$$$$$ > Sony $$$

yes. because MS is much more desperate to hoard exclusives for their sinking ship.

#79 Posted by delta3074 (19065 posts) -
@selfreflect said:

@Indicud: Because the xbone is seriously under powered

Also,

The over hyping of SunSet is truly ridicilous.

SunSet looks generic and uninspired. Gameplay really looked awful to me. Xboners must be desperate for games since xbone has none

Trust me, im telling you right now, I could care less if SunSet is xbone exclusive or not

BUT if there is something to get upset over,

Its the FACT that development on the xbone, takes away from possible development of a good Ratchet and Clank game on PS4

And thats absurd.

The xbone is a weaker console with little user base(PS4 is crushing the xbone in sales)

Insomniac needs to focus on making PS4 gamers happy with a PS4 Ratchet and Clank or at least on making a new IP for PS4 thats actually interesting unlike SunSet

Instead they are waisting time and money on a generic looking IP for an xbone console that has NO user base out side the US

That is what could be upsetting

The PS4 is even significantly out selling then xbone in the USA too. Insomniac messed up bad.

Either way Fuck Insomniac for selling out. Never supporting Insomniac again

SunSet looks awful either way, but at least a PS4 Ratchet and Clank wouldve been good

So much wrong in this post it isn't even funny, poor little SONY fanboy.

#81 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6357 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

I'll watch a Let's Play on Youtube when I'm taking a break from Destiny, The Order and Drive Club.

I'll probably get too reminded of Infamous and fire that up instead, without needing to worry if the online community is dead by now.

Damn you guys really don't have any fun exclusives if you mention those games... A multiplatform game, a QTE game, a race game in 30fps that has 3 cars and 1 racetrack, to end with a game that has been out for already 6 months by the time sunset overdrive is out. Yikes :s

lmao massive damage control. My 3/4 fantastic games to your one Dead Rising clone that MS bent over backwards to secure.

I wonder if it'll have as much manufactured hype as Titanflop did.

The flop that sold more than Inflopamous. And MS didn't need to do anything special, Insomniac hated Sony, and didn't want to work with them anymore, they disliked Sony more than Bungie Microsoft.

How do you know? We haven't had any real Titanflop numbers other than physical only US only, which is amusing considering EA publically disparaged the same source previously. It obviously flopped in every other metric everywhere else.

Oh? That must be why they released a new Ratchet and Clank game six months ago. Try all you want, lemming, no developer-publisher falling out will ever be as catastrophic as MS and Bungie.

#83 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6357 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

How do you know? We haven't had any real Titanflop numbers other than physical only US only, which is amusing considering EA publically disparaged the same source previously. It obviously flopped in every other metric everywhere else.

Oh? That must be why they released a new Ratchet and Clank game six months ago. Try all you want, lemming, no developer-publisher falling out will ever be as catastrophic as MS and Bungie.

That's why it is always on top in the UK and Infamous isn't? Good one ;)

That's because it was contracted, their best developers were clearly on Sunset Overdrive, that's why R&C got a score almost as equal to shit game KZ. Haha, try to say what you want cow, but you know nothing, it's like talking to John Snow

Yes, that's the miracle of bundling. All those prevalent Tituhfuhh bundles lying around undergoing massive retailer price cuts. Funny how no one talks about it though, even with DLC imminent. Meanwhile Infamous, a single-console exclusive with a user base of around 500,000, is still in the top ten on its own merits.

Clearly. That's why it looks like they copy-pasted Dead Rising, slapped on some Ratchet graphics and grabbed some memes from Reddit. The lemming doesn't have a competent response so he throws out insults. Typical. MS tried to stick one in Sony's eye last E3, such a pity wider events overtook them. Hahahahahaha!

#84 Edited by drummerdave9099 (991 posts) -

@selfreflect: chill out it's just a video game

#85 Edited by _SWAG_ (2664 posts) -

this game gonna flop so bad. insomniac need some sleep becoz they fell off the good game making bed. it was only becoz of sony that taught them how to make good games. after these weakass devs fell off, they better off making indy games. sunflop overflop looks like a indy game imho facts

#87 Edited by clone01 (25455 posts) -

@selfreflect said:

@hehe101 said:

@selfreflect said:

Typical xbot fanboys lol. Ignore the points, and make nothing but personal attacks. Ad homines.

So easy to spot and expose.

For anyone to even still defend Microsoft after all the BS they have commited, they are simply a sheep who doesnt deserve oxygen

No game will make me buy an xbone

And SunSet doesnt look that interesting to begin with, as it is..

This is nothing more then typical PR bull.

Insomniac is a declining developer who sold out for the money. Nothing more.

Xbots are like the 500lb obese man who goes around telling everyone else they are the ones who are fat

Xbots are straight up delusional

lmao, you should be embarrassed your whole post screams I wish insomniac made this for SONY!!

I could give a flying rats ass about SunSet. Its just one game xbot.

Even then, everything SunSet is going for, Imfamous already did it all much better and with real next graphics. So i will stick with Infamous. I will also take The Order over SunSet any day

Truth is Insomniac use to make great PS3 games under Sony's help and support. Then they made Fuse without Sony, and the game was awful

Its time to face reality, Insomiac is a declining developer who has LOST it and at this point they are simply selling out for the money

Dont expect much from SunSet. At best it will be a fun little title for an hour or two...and likely it will come to PS4 anyway

You really need a hobby, Brofists. Might I suggest gaming?

#88 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6357 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Yes, that's the miracle of bundling. All those prevalent Tituhfuhh bundles lying around undergoing massive retailer price cuts. Funny how no one talks about it though, even with DLC imminent. Meanwhile Infamous, a single-console exclusive with a user base of around 500,000, is still in the top ten on its own merits.

Clearly. That's why it looks like they copy-pasted Dead Rising, slapped on some Ratchet graphics and grabbed some memes from Reddit. The lemming doesn't have a competent response so he throws out insults. Typical. MS tried to stick one in Sony's eye last E3, such a pity wider events overtook them. Hahahahahaha!

Haha sure, that's why the number of consoles from Microsoft had such an increase? It didn't so those Titanfall numbers come from the total userbase and has nothing to do with the bundles, keep grasping for straws, I know you cows like to eat them.

Sony is crying out loud at the moment because they don't have Sunset Overdrive. I know people who had a PS3, and love Ratchet & Clank games, who want to get an Xbox One just for this game.

What increase? In the US on a weekly basis, they sold less Xbones in March than they did in February. In the UK Infamous boosted PS4 sales more than Titanflop did Xbone. Oh, you mean post-release? Yes, that's desperation free bundling and price cutting to get rid of consoles. Well done.

You still banging on about SO? I already played those games, they were called Dead Rising 2 and Infamous Second Son. Nice for you to tell me about the voices in your head, though.

#90 Posted by Icarian (1559 posts) -
@foxhound_fox said:

Cows will likely see this as a fairly big negative, since it's exclusive to their most hated system.

What they don't realize, since they tend to be rather short-sighted, is if it's a big success, Microsoft won't be able to maintain exclusivity of the IP, since Insomniac owns it. Well, unless they pay Insomniac an insane amount of money to keep it exclusive.

MS managed to keep Gears of War out of Sony's systems quite well. In January they finally bought the IP.

#91 Posted by Jaysonguy (38210 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

those traitors said that they wanted to own their IP's to be able to release them everywhere in order to allow more people to experience their games but it was all bullshit. They were just looking for the higher bidder and M$ won.

That's not at all what it said

You have very poor reading skills

#93 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6357 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

Must be hard to see being proven wrong again

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-playstation-we-love-our-fans-no-matter-what-platform-they-play-on-bungie-says/1100-6419569/

What's that got to do with my initial point?

#94 Edited by LadyBlue (4252 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

Something tells me Insomniac may be using Microsoft cloud to have tons of AI on screen. If this is the case, its another reason why they went MS.

Believe in the clouds!

#95 Posted by StormyJoe (6797 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

Back in the day, Insomniac games were always good. Now they're hit or miss.

Because they are no longer making games solely for he PlayStation?

#96 Edited by SolidGame_basic (19762 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Back in the day, Insomniac games were always good. Now they're hit or miss.

Because they are no longer making games solely for he PlayStation?

where did you get that from?

#97 Posted by StormyJoe (6797 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Back in the day, Insomniac games were always good. Now they're hit or miss.

Because they are no longer making games solely for he PlayStation?

where did you get that from?

Fuse is multiplat, and Sunset Overdrive is XB1 exclusive...

#98 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

Something tells me Insomniac may be using Microsoft cloud to have tons of AI on screen. If this is the case, its another reason why they went MS.

I kinda got that feeling too.