How satisfied are you with your PS4 at this moment?

• 127 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#51 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Moderately satisfied

yuske11287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 yuske11287
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

@Suppaman100: ikr wow

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

It's made me learn not to buy at launch any more. I got NBA 2k14, AC 4, and BF4 at launch. I only have NBA 2k14 left lol. I also beat Infamous and Watch Dogs on PS4. I'm waiting for Diablo 3 and Destiny.

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@smashed_pinata said:

@jg4xchamp:

Champ!! does this mean you aren't going to buy Zelda WiiU or Smash 4?? D:

Smash? depends on friends

Zelda? definitely, that game actually sounds like they are finally going to make genuine effort into changing Zelda (I'm team egoraptor in terms of Ocarina's bad habits are overkill at this point), and Devil's Third can turn it around because Itagaki, and then there is my beloved Metroid. It's just the machine is a Bayonetta 2 machine. It's purpose in life is to bring me the righteous glory of the immaculate slutty dominatrix bitch that is Bayonetta 2.

Ive never played Bayo 1. How is the gameplay? I love me a good action game...worth checking out? Also Metroid prime 4 is gonna happen for Wiiu.....just believe...

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57  Edited By kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

Don't have one yet as there aren't that many game out for it that interest me at the moment. Might get one by the end of the year though, if not then probably the next.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

@kitty said:

I'll be able to answer this after friday. I'm getting one with 6 games and two controllers for $300.

What are the 6 games ?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#59 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Haven't touched it for awhile. I'm happy I own one for the future games and whatnot (sometimes I like multiplats more on the consoles), but as of right now it's just sitting there and waiting.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Having a good old time Playing FF14 online in very high settings in 1080P. Best Final fantasy since 7.

Aside from tons of hours playing A Realm Reborn, My friend lent me Infamous which I had a blast with, I rented Battlefield 4, Wolfenstein, Killzone and Watch Dogs just arrived in the mail which should hold me over for a few weeks till destiny comes out. Not bad considering all that cost me 60 bucks. I'll be playing Destiny in September, Drive Club and Assasin's Creed in October, Dragons Age in November CoD in December; Witcher 3, Bloodborn and the Order the following spring.

So yeah I'm satisfied. Love the controller love having the most powerful console on the planet that isn't some big fugly PoS like it's main inferior competition and am satisfied with the games both released and upcoming. But then I knew exactly which games would be coming out for the system before I bought it so I wouldn't wind up making derpy threads like this one.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I played the exclusive Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro Silent Hills hidden demo "PT" last night. Great sound and incredible atmosphere for a teaser demo on PS4.

That was pretty rad.

PS+ has helped with 14+ free PS+ games since the PS4 launched in Nov. 2013. My Xbone only got 5 free GwG games since Xbone launch in Nov. 2013.

14 PS+ free games >>>> 5 GwG free games.

While the PS4 doesn't get much play, my Xbone gets even less. I expected all of this though, since I've owned launch machines for decades from the original Xbox, Gamecube, PS2, Sega Dreamcast, N64, PS3, 360, Wii, Wii U, etc. Expecting this launch year of consoles being underwhelming, I'm still rifling through my backlog of amazing last gen games.

Another variable to consider is that I feel that 2014 is an exceptionally crappy year in gaming.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

FF14 and Diablo 3 UEE so yeah I am happy, exclusive or not doesn't make a difference to me

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

as a console, im really satisfied with it. As far as game library goes, im just waiting for more games, but i have patience because i understand that i bought it when there arent really many games available. hell at least i fire it up at least 2 to 3 times a week. my xb1 gets fired up 2 or 3 times a month.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

This first year is far better then the PS3s. And the PS3 ended up being the best last gen console.

Not for me it wasn't the best last gen console. I easily played my XBox 360 way, way more then my PS3. Mainly because most of the multiplat were coming out on the XBox 360 first and when they finally did hit the PS3, they weren't great. The PS3 didn't have any killer exclusives until after MGS IV was released. I have over 200 XBox 360 games compared to about 80-90 PS3 games.

As for the PS4, it's been disappointing after the first 2 months. I think I've played more Indie games on my PS4 then regular full retain games. I have KZ:SF, ACIV: Black Flag, Infamous SS, DC Online and a bunch of Indies (Outlast, Contrast, Tower Fall, Stick It To The Man, Mercenary Kings, etc...) Still waiting for Drive Club. Won't be getting LBP3 as I didn't even start playing LBP2 yet. I'll get Diablo 3: UEE for the PS4, so I'll have something to play after I come back from vacation.

Still play my XB1 more for now and with Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive & MCC on the way, I'll be playing it through the holidays.

6/10 for me.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#66 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

@TheGuardian03 said:

Why have you bought a PS4 then? serious question.

Early adopters should know what it means to buy a consle on launch.

To be fair, this is the first time a lot of people had a real chance to, even if they are in their thirties. I mean I really would have liked to buy a PS3 at launch, but it and two games would have been more then my rent, and sifting in the direction of a month's take home pay. Pile the lack of backwards compatibility and the experience becomes extremely distinct from that of purchasing a PS2/3. No one buying a PS2 at launch had a console that just sat there while they used their PS1. Maybe they didn't have many PS2 games, but they were still using their PS2 on a daily basis.

The PS3 couldn't just play the games you already owned, for most people it also played movies better then any other device in their house. They had reasons to turn it on, and no reason to keep a PS2 around. It could play their entire game collection that spanned decades, and was a fantastic addition to their home theater.

Sony changed what it means to buy one of their consoles at launch, so why should people have expected a power sucking paperweight they should unplug so they didn't waste money while they did most of their gaming on the box they bought five years ago?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50550 Posts

Although I'm not exactly using it right now since I'm still playing Dark Souls 2, I'm very satisfied with it. It's a cool freaking machine.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Disappointing, considering its been a ffxiv machine since April.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

I turn it on and stare blankly at the system screens which are in glorious 1080p. Then I turn it off because there is little worth playing. I have to take pills and see a shrink to get the memories of the boring garbage that were KZ:SF and Infamous: SS out of my head. But thank god the resolution was great in those games, as it added so much. Actually come to think of it, a shit sandwich still tastes like shit no matter how good the bread is. Save your money is my advice, which applies pretty much equally to X1. Horrid start to this generation.

Thank **** that Wolfenstein lets you dual wield auto shotties to turn Nazis into puddles of red goo. At least this helps remove some of the bitter taste so far.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Not very satisfied right now at all. Using it for a blu ray/dvd/netflix player with a side dish of free indies.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#71 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Not to mention that my PS3 which rests on top of it has a backlog of games that scratch that itch, and many of them too.

Anyone else feeling disappointed with what's on offer so far?

welcome to the life of being an early adapter, should of waited a year or two like most smart people.

tacoma1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 tacoma1972
Member since 2013 • 199 Posts

I love mine. Battelfield 4 and last of us remastered are keeping me busy. Completed infamous second son and now downloaded jutice league as it was only 8 bucks.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

I sold mine last week.. kind of goes without saying I wasn't happy with it... So many people went out and bought this thing based on sony's hype alone, myself included..

Right now, the games are on the X1.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#74  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

I can say the same about the X1. Titanfall is all I play, and at this point its done sparingly. But Destiny beta I enjoyed, so I'll get that. And then Sunset Overdrive and FH2.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Not satisfied at all. Likely going to sell it. I'm going to wait and see what Naughty Dog pulls off with Uncharted. However, it is looking to be one of those consoles where there may be a few games really worth playing, in which you can do so at a friends house. As of now though a WiiU and a PC is the best way to go.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#76 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

InFamous is the only game I own (and I have the Platinum achievement). I do really like the PSN Store as everything is accessible and easy to understand, but my PS4 will not recognize my credit card (I've even spoken to Sony directly about this) so I have to buy PSN cards in order to add funds to my wallet.

PS4 is a good system, but I am still waiting for some games to play on it.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

It's collecting dust

scraper2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 scraper2k
Member since 2009 • 53 Posts

Its what happens at the start of new consoles... I have Xbone and PS4 but both not got a great collection yet. Stick with it as its got a great future :)

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#79  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I'm very happy with it. I just wish I actually had some time to play it as life as been too busy lately. Hoping that that clears up and I can clear out the backlog I've built up on the system as well as on the Vita, Wii U and PS3.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Funny how the WiiU got so much crap for its no games but Sony can do no wrong. I don't understand the "its a great system but the games aren't there" comments as you get the system to play games, that's what a console is. So if you're not playing games you are mindlessly switching through the GUI being amazed at the beep noises? Both systems are not worth it, get all of these games on a pc, I can live without Infamous.

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

I've been satisfied with me PS4 so far. I've played around 3-4 games extensively for it. Recently got a Wii U (which is awesome btw) to keep me busy during PS4 games drought.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

I'm fine with it. It's a side bitch like the xbox and wiiu. Between the 3 of those side bitches it has the most promising stuff between console exclusives like Metal Gear Solid 5 (though apparently there is a PC version) and FF15, and other exclusives like BloodBorne. WiiU is a Bayonetta 2 machine, and the Xbox One is maybe Halo won't suck this time machine.

I guess you nailed it.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Very satisfied, thanks. Finished Infamous a few days ago and playing Wolfenstein now. It's indeed the best shooter in years. Can't wait to start The Last of Us afterwards and to go on with Black Flag. Only played it for a couple of minutes yet. Still want to try Watch Dogs, Bound by Flame, Thief and Sniper Elite. I don't expect too much but I'm sure I will be more entertained than those fanboy clowns who hate everything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

My girflriend uses it 95% of the time to play FFXIV.... I got bored of the PSN+ games.... infamous was a shallow empty game... played alot of black flag... about it..... the indie games are far from the best.

Not satisfied, but I knew this would be the case. its the first year..... you people have short memories or something? these consoles are always crap in their first 2 years... oh sure, you cna name some great games last gen.... luck of the draw.

Weak PC's .... with barely anything unique currently.

I've got TLOU:R but playing through the campaign again barely feels different.... maybe the MP is good I ain't tried it ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@sailor232 said:

Funny how the WiiU got so much crap for its no games but Sony can do no wrong. I don't understand the "its a great system but the games aren't there" comments as you get the system to play games, that's what a console is. So if you're not playing games you are mindlessly switching through the GUI being amazed at the beep noises? Both systems are not worth it, get all of these games on a pc, I can live without Infamous.

Exactly. What I don't understand is why people don't buy a wiiu. It is priced fairly and there's already lots of games worth playing. It is looking like fanboys holding some kind of brand loyalty/boycott.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#86 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm mildly satisfied. I wish there were more high profile games on the console. I like some of the indie titles, but they don't feel like an exciting gaming experience. I generally get all my multi-plats for PS4/PS3, so I'm excited for Destiny and others, but the exclusives are lacking. I didn't find Infamous SS all that compelling.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

Well, before last week, my PS4 was just collecting dust. Now I'm playing The Last of Us on it, which is of course amazing, but it is a game that I already played before. After I am finished with The Last of Us Remastered, my PS4 will go back to collecting dust for the next six months.

So I can't say that I'm loving it yet, but I'm fine with it though and I expected it when I bought it so I can't complain. I don't mind when one of my consoles collects dust for a while as long as it eventually gets some great games and the PS4 is eventually going to get some really great games in 2015. In the meantime, I also have games for my Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, Wii U, and 2DS to keep me plenty busy.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@Blabadon:

3/10 or less for me.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

My % satification must be be below 30%

@kitty said:

I'll be able to answer this after friday. I'm getting one with 6 games and two controllers for $300.

Best buy? They are doing an outrageous sale right now. Throw in the 10% movers coupon and you an amex for another 25 dollars off. You get a ps4 with like 4+ games for like 325.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#90  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I loved last gen but i wont lie, it lasted far longer than any console generation should! Late 7th gen games like GTAV, Far Cry 3, Crysis 2 and 3, Battlefield 3 and 4, etc were clearly too demanding for PS3 and 360 hardware, so more than ever, a new gen was needed.

PS4 and Xbox One, not only solved that problem (1080p games, Battlefield games wiyh 64 players, etc), but also proved to be more capable than haters were predicting years ago. I remember people saying that the new Sony and MS consoles would be just twice as powerful as PS3 ans 360, and all about move and kinect.

On the top of that, out of my 25+ PS4 games i ony paid for 5.

So yes, awesome gen so far :)

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

im somewhat satisfied but i wont be making any of them a sandwich. my honeymoon period with the wii u lasted longer than the ps4 and xbone. im starting to get more use out of them now with wolfenstein and tlou and soon diablo and destiny. i grabbed infamous for 25 bucks a couple days ago but havent tried it yet

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@Bishop1310 said:

I sold mine last week.. kind of goes without saying I wasn't happy with it... So many people went out and bought this thing based on sony's hype alone, myself included..

Right now, the games are on the X1.

What games would those be?

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@papatrop said:

I don't buy systems before good games are released, so I don't have one.

Same. This is the first generation in a while where I didn't get a new console within 6 months of release. If and when I make the leap, it'll definitely be Sony's console. I haven't been playing anything new lately. I've been playing mostly Civ 5 and Genesis, SNES, and N64 games on emulators recently.

Hell, I've had The Last of Us for PS3 since Christmas and I haven't even removed the shrink wrap yet. I want to play it, I just haven't found myself properly motivated to devote the time to it.

reggy72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 reggy72
Member since 2008 • 145 Posts

Sold mine 3 months ago, no regrets and no plans to buy another in the near or distant future, bought it on the hype from the internet like it was the 2nd coming of Christ, tried for a about 4 months to convince myself it was a worthwhile purchase but actually still prefer to game on my seven year old 360 so much more fluid from a user perspective (familiarity in my advancing years).

I also found the raving lunacy of the "Sony Fanboy" found across a multitude of sites something I could not relate to nor be associated with which I found a real turn off for with regards to the system.

Anyway **** it I'm off to play Border Down on my Dreamcast, a proper fucking game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#95 deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

I don't have a lot of games for it, but the ones I do have are really freaking good. So I guess I'm happy with it. Not a bad start...

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#96 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Just pulled it out again the other day to play TLOU:R. Other than that it hasn't gotten much use yet, KZSF and ISS were both kind of mediocre, Black Flag was a little better (even though not exclusive). But that's all I've used it for. Happy to have it for future games though.

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

I am Happy with it,I have games to play.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@papatrop said:

I don't buy systems before good games are released, so I don't have one.

the importance of a launch lineup is greatly under-appreciated. the first Xbox system had a very good launch and kept me occupied for months. Halo CE, project gotham racing, and madden which was a multiplat looked soooooo much better on xbox than it did on ps2. great system.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

I'm not satisfied at all. Got it for watch dogs which turned out to be average. I got ps+ with my bundle but that runs out this month. I won't be getting ps+ until Sony put some worth while games on the ps4 that are not indies. I have vita and a ps3, but I can live without ps+ for those since i have enough games for both and memory card prices for the vita would make billionaire Bill Gates think twice. My 32gb memory card for 3ds costs less than a 4gb vita memory card.

However i recognize that it's an investment and with the sales being phenomenal that the games will come eventually.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#100 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I am happy with it, really looking forward to the fall and play those games