How much you pay for PS4, Xbox One and Wii U games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (3180 posts) -

Finland

80 euros = 110 us dollars(both Xbox One and PS4 games)

10 euros - 40 euros most games(Wii U) and Wii U is dead...

What are games prices in USA and in other countries?

#2 Posted by xxyetixx (1383 posts) -

$60.00+tax usuallly comes to around $63-$64 n some change US

#3 Edited by SolidTy (45927 posts) -

Target had a Buy Two Get One Free sale on PS4 launch, so I grabbed Killzone , Battlefield 4, and a PS3 game all for $40 before the damn PS4 released.I paid $80 for two PS4 games, it worked out to $40 a piece. Normally those titles would be $60 a pop.

I got Resogun and Contrast for free on PS4 due to PS+. Normally those two PSN PS4 titles would be $15 a piece.

I got Killer Instinct for Xbox One free due to my incredibly high gamerscore and long Xbox Live Gold tenure. That was $20 saved and was the only title I had an interest in at all.

$80 spent on Xbone/PS4 so far.

I paid more for Wii U because it's been out a whole year longer and I bought two Wii Us at 2012 launch, but at launch I paid $60 for New Super Mario U and that was it. The machine came with the mediocre Nintendoland for free.

Battlefield 4, Resogun, Killzone, Contrast, Killer Instinct, Nintendoland, and New Super Mario Wii U.

$100 was my total investment for 7 games I was interested in across Wii U/PS4/Xbone.Here on out, I plan on spending $60 per game I just didn't see a lot of games I wanted on the new machines as of yet. There wasn't a whole lot of games at there launches that I was willing to spend on money on when I still have AMAZING games like The Last of Us, SC2: Heart of the Swarm, Bioshock Infinite, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Ratchet & Clank: Nexus, Tearaway, Puppeteer, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, and more I have yet to fully explore. Granted I beat some of them, but I don't feel they are complete. Others I have yet to open.

I also have more Wii U titles since it's older like Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, New Super Luigi U, and Mario 3D World which were all $60 except I got Luigi U on sale for $15. I also got a deal on Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 for $40 a piece instead of $60.

Keep in mind, I also buy games on my 3DS, Vita, PCs, PS3, 360, and Wii as well. I have a nice backlog I'm currently going through.

#4 Edited by silversix_ (16151 posts) -

59.99+taxes=$68. Wish games cost was $50 without stoopid ass taxes.

#5 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I rarely buy games when they first release and normally wait until I can get console games for $30 or less. If I am getting it for PC, I just wait until I can catch it during a Steam sale for less than $10. My PC backlog is just way too large to be bothering with wasting my money buying games at release for full price when it could be a year or more before I get around to playing it. I have 87 unplayed games sitting in my Steam account right now. Then there are the 10+ PS3 and 2 3DS games I own and have yet to play. I also have games I have played, but have yet to finish.

#6 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6794 posts) -

PS4 games = 100$

Wii U games = 80$

Console games are really expensive. way more tehn PC games over here, they are listen for 50-60$

#7 Posted by millerlight89 (18641 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

Target had a Buy Two Get One Free sale on PS4 launch, so I grabbed Killzone , Battlefield 4, and a PS3 game all for $40 before the damn PS4 released.

I paid $80 for two PS4 games, it worked out to $40 a piece. Normally those titles would be $60 a pop.

I got Resogun and Contrast for free on PS4 due to PS+. Normally those two PSN PS4 titles would be $15 a piece.

I got Killer Instinct for Xbox One free due to my incredibly high gamerscore and long Xbox Live Gold tenure. That was $20 saved and was the only title I had an interest in at all.

I paid more for Wii U because it's been out a whole year longer and I bought two Wii Us at 2012 launch, but at launch I paid $60 for New Super Mario U and that was it. The machine came with the mediocre Nintendoland for free.

Battlefield 4, Resogun, Killzone, Contrast, Killer Instinct, Nintendoland, and New Super Mario Wii U.

$100 was my total investment for 7 games I was interested in across Wii U/PS4/Xbone.Here on out, I plan on spending $60 per game I just didn't see a lot of games I wanted on the new machines as of yet. There wasn't a whole lot of games at there launches that I was willing to spend on money on when I still have AMAZING games like The Last of Us, SC2: Heart of the Swarm, Bioshock Infinite, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Ratchet & Clank: Nexus, Tearaway, Puppeteer, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, and more I have yet to fully explore. Granted I beat some of them, but I don't feel they are complete. Others I have yet to open.

I also have more Wii U titles since it's older like Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, New Super Luigi U, and Mario 3D World which were all $60 except I got Luigi U on sale for $15. I also got a deal on Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 for $40 a piece instead of $60.

Keep in mind, I also buy games on my 3DS, Vita, PCs, PS3, 360, and Wii as well. I have a nice backlog I'm currently going through.

Another essay post by you. Are you incapable of giving a straight answer? He isn't asking about any deals you got. He is asking what the average cost of a game is where you live. It's really easy to understand. See, watch.

TC: Where I live the average game costs around $65.00 after tax. This goes for games I got on the PS4, Xbone, 360, and PS3. The occasional WiiU game is around $54.00 after tax.

#8 Edited by SolidTy (45927 posts) -

@millerlight89 said:

@SolidTy said:

Target had a Buy Two Get One Free sale on PS4 launch, so I grabbed Killzone , Battlefield 4, and a PS3 game all for $40 before the damn PS4 released.

I paid $80 for two PS4 games, it worked out to $40 a piece. Normally those titles would be $60 a pop.

Another essay post by you. Are you incapable of giving a straight answer? He isn't asking about any deals you got. He is asking what the average cost of a game is where you live. It's really easy to understand. See, watch.

TC: Where I live the average game costs around $65.00 after tax. This goes for games I got on the PS4, Xbone, 360, and PS3. The occasional WiiU game is around $54.00 after tax.

The thread title:

How much you pay for PS4, Xbox One and Wii U games?

The OP then goes on to list some Euro prices. I understood that to directly comply would result in the exact answers already given in this thread. This particular question is answered by others in my area, so at best I could clone the same answer they posted, not post at all, but that wouldn't be very engaging material.

I answered the question posited and gave conversational details in hopes to prevent questions on what I bought and how I got low prices.

I could have posted a simple:

"On average $40ish but as high as $60"...but I prefer to engage users that appreciate the time I spend on their topics. You can understand my sincerity in attempting to deliver a detailed and unique answer as opposed to spam simple posts. I know many users appreciate my genuine style over the many years, but I also know there is a tiny segment of users that don't like it at all and would prefer a forum filled with one sentence replies. It's all good. I recommend skipping over my posts if they bother you, because that's not intentional.

I appreciate your interest in my posting style, have a great rest of 2013 fellow gamer.

#9 Posted by tubbyc (3796 posts) -

Prices for new PS4 games in Australia seem to be ranging from $74-118, but I would never pay more than $80 for a game, and often get games for $60 or less either online, through store deals, or just the fact that it's an older game so the price has dropped.

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/ps4.htm

I got Need for Speed: Rivals and Assassin's Creed 4 recently with my PS4 and look forward to playing Resogun as part of the instant game collection when I get back home on Sunday and join PS+.

From having a quick look at PSN, it looks like game prices are still higher than the deals you can get for physical copies, which is a bit disappointing.