How much impact will the $399 X1 have on its sales?

• 64 results
#1 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1833 posts) -

Im guessing a strong month of June for Xbox One with the new $399 price tag, but will it outsell the PS4?

#2 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Nope.

It's currently getting destroyed in Amazon US and Amazon Canada right now by the PS4. Last time that happened with the Titanfall bundle we know what happened. Xbone will get a modest boost but PS4 will still win June.

#3 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1833 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

Nope.

It's currently getting destroyed in Amazon US and Amazon Canada right now by the PS4. Last time that happened with the Titanfall bundle we know what happened. Xbone will get a modest boost but PS4 will still win June.

amason isn't really a good measure though.

#4 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@I_can_haz said:

Nope.

amason isn't really a good measure though.

It's been a good measure for a while now. PS4 dominated Amazon in March and April too despite Titanfall and NPD reflected it.

#5 Posted by super600 (30865 posts) -

A decent boost. It may revive the xbox one a bit now. The biggest chance for an xbox one revival worldwide is during the holiday season. I highly doubt the xbox one will start outselling the ps4 worldwide because of this bundle, but maybe in North America.

#6 Posted by Heirren (18115 posts) -

Make it 299, include Killer Instinct, Titanfall, the KI fightstick, and I will buy it tomorrow. And that is pushing it. Xbox One price tag is like how Apple re-introduced the Ipad2 at 399.

#7 Posted by magicalclick (23260 posts) -

It doesn't make much different right now because the bundles are with Kinect cost not much different than the Kinectless model. But, it is a good start for future bundles and price drops. Also good to increase performance and shut those Kinect haters up. At least they have one less thing to troll about.

#8 Posted by Vecna (3401 posts) -

Your forgetting that the cloud comes bundled free. Everything else doesn't stand a chance.

#9 Edited by AzatiS (7839 posts) -

@magicalclick said:

It doesn't make much different right now because the bundles are with Kinect cost not much different than the Kinectless model. But, it is a good start for future bundles and price drops. Also good to increase performance and shut those Kinect haters up. At least they have one less thing to troll about.

Oh come on with the kinectless therefore more "powerful" X1 ...Dont be so braindead you lems ... Its like saying that X game will be better on Kinectless X1 than the original x1 ... How dummies can you be and beleive those ridiculous claims of more "power" because of Kinect !! Thats a marketing trick to lure you in with the new price , to feel like you not only getting just a kinectless X1 but also a better product than the original...Thats marketing .... Dont fool yourselfs , dont bite this crap !!

I feel sorry for you lems if you falling for this .... And if 1 in a million is true ( which it isnt , just saying ) i feel even more sorry for the original kinect X1 owners that will end up paying way more for an inferior version of the same console ( is that even possible? Think for a second ) ....

Either way , Kinectless or not , MS fooling you and you keep praising and hyping ... Wake up lems ...just wake up... Its really sad to witness this crap ...

#10 Edited by rockydog1111 (2076 posts) -

I view it this way, there were deals for the kinect model at 399 before this kinectless model released and they still weren't selling great but those also weren't advertised the best. After e3, most people who I talked to that were getting the x1, now want a ps4. Makes no since to me because I thought ms had a great conference. Either way, I hope sakes pick up now with it at 399 but it's silk the same price as the ps4 with weaker specs and puerile don't seem to like that.

#11 Posted by Suppaman100 (4051 posts) -

Well a cheaper POS is a still a POS.

Won't change anything, PS4 will remain king and TLHBO like always.

#12 Edited by LJS9502_basic (151888 posts) -

It's not going to change the direction this gen is going.

#13 Posted by Netret0120 (2255 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

Nope.

I digress but surely your avatar is not allowed right:P I mean they are STARING AT ME!!

#14 Posted by blamix99 (2454 posts) -

it will improve by 0.1% LOL

#15 Posted by RR360DD (12310 posts) -

Its funny how quick cows forget the dire situation sony were in at the start of last gen, and how they bounced back.

#16 Posted by Phreek300 (208 posts) -

I would say a decent amount. I know I'm on the fence based on the fact that only Sunset Overdrive and Killer Instinct grab my attention. But hey given time and a decent amount of exclusives it will make a great companion to my PC, PS4, and Wii U.

#17 Edited by Riverwolf007 (24018 posts) -

i doubt it will ever outsell the ps4.

the only reason the ps3 ended up in last place was because of massive sony incompetence for the first two years.

without sony shooting itself in the foot this time around i don't think the x1 has much of a shot at a sales lead.

but in the end what dif does it make?

the ps3 ended up being in some pretty great company when you look at systems that i had fun with but didn't win a gen.

intellevision, colicovision, turbogfx along with everything sega ever made are just a few "loser" systems that i thought were great and i had a ton of fun with.

#18 Edited by B4X (5625 posts) -

I just traded in a 250 gig 360 for 150 off at BestBuy. For a second X1 for my bedroom. To replace the 360 I had in there. Bestbuy Guy says they are moving a lot of them. They're are on their 3rd shipment.

That's just one store. So who knows.

#19 Posted by Jeager_Titan (947 posts) -

0%. Xbox sucks.

#20 Posted by B4X (5625 posts) -

I also purchased an IR emitter to control my power on my TV and DIRECTV mini Genie.

Ir Emiter

#21 Posted by lundy86_4 (43891 posts) -

Tough to say. I expect the PS4 to still win out, but MS have been doing well lately so I expect this to have a more long-term effect. Slight spike in immediate sales.

#22 Edited by B4X (5625 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

Tough to say. I expect the PS4 to still win out, but MS have been doing well lately so I expect this to have a more long-term effect. Slight spike in immediate sales.

It think a huge spike. I would love to get some regional numbers for the X1 and WiiU from the St. Louis area. For Best buy. I'm friends with the manager. I might be able to gather some data. If I do get some figures, I'll post them.

$399 is $399. People will bite.

#23 Posted by lundy86_4 (43891 posts) -

@b4x said:

It think a huge spike. I would love to get some regional numbers for the X1 and WiiU from the St. Louis area. For Best buy. I'm friends with the manager. I might be able to gather some data. If I do get some figures, I'll post them.

People will most definitely bite. I'm just not seeing an immediate uptake. I could be wrong.

#24 Edited by LustForSoul (5904 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

Its funny how quick cows forget the dire situation sony were in at the start of last gen, and how they bounced back.

This pretty much. The PS3 had the worst pricing ever. Give these consoles 2 years and see what happens.

#25 Posted by Bruin1986 (1338 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

Searching for intellectual consistency in a forum called "System Wars" is about of futile as teaching quantum physics to a tuna fish sandwich.

#26 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

Sony actually has a good first party stable. Microsoft not so much.

#27 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -
@b4x said:

@lundy86_4 said:

Amazon is worldwide. Go look at the where PS4 is on those lists compared to Xflop. That should sober you up.

Currently Titanfall Bundle #45 and $399 Xflop is #50. $399 PS4 is #9 and Destiny Bundle is #12. Destiny PS4 is #5 and Xflop Destiny is #17. Master Chump Collection is #10.

Not looking so hot for Xflop. It can occasionally score a hit game, but the console sales are still sucking.

#28 Posted by Vatusus (4874 posts) -

It'll have some kind of impact but not as much as lems and MS hope it to have. It'll have a considerable bump in the US but everywhere else it'll be meaningless

#29 Posted by SolidGame_basic (18696 posts) -

I don't know I'll let you know when we get the numbers.

#30 Edited by Vatusus (4874 posts) -
@RR360DD said:

Its funny how quick lems forget that the reason why the PS3 recovered was thanks to brand recognition (after all it was the successor to the almighty PS2), a type of brand the Xbox just doesnt have outside of the states... MS has to do a LOT more than lower X1 price in order to surpass the PS4

Last gen the X360 had everything to surpass the PS3 by a HUGE margin: Lower Price for several years, better version of multiplats, more consistent online service, etc, etc and still ended up neck and neck with the PS3. This gen the Xbox doesnt have any of those advantages so, unless MS gets GTA exclusive or somethin, it just wont surpass the PS4

#31 Posted by santoron (7836 posts) -

That's the big question, isn't it? Usually a price cut drives a large bump the first month then settles into it's new "normal".

I've been assuming a good E3 and ditching Kinect to save $100 would win XB1 June, and interested to see what the monthly data settles into later in the summer. We'll know soon enough.

#32 Edited by Batt1eRatt1e (108 posts) -

It's definitely going to give the sales a boost, between that and it's E3 announcements. It really needs released in more countries though. I expect to see sales skyrocket once some of its E3 showings release.

#33 Posted by ButDuuude (512 posts) -

When the cloud and the secret sauce collide, the Xbox one will destroy all!

#35 Posted by RR360DD (12310 posts) -

@Vatusus said:
@RR360DD said:

Its funny how quick lems forget that the reason why the PS3 recovered was thanks to brand recognition (after all it was the successor to the almighty PS2), a type of brand the Xbox just doesnt have outside of the states... MS has to do a LOT more than lower X1 price in order to surpass the PS4

Last gen the X360 had everything to surpass the PS3 by a HUGE margin: Lower Price for several years, better version of multiplats, more consistent online service, etc, etc and still ended up neck and neck with the PS3. This gen the Xbox doesnt have any of those advantages so, unless MS gets GTA exclusive or somethin, it just wont surpass the PS4

It recovered because Sony corrected their mistakes. Not brand recognition. That doesn't even make sense, the PS3 wouldn't have flopped at all at launch if everything just boiled down to brand recognition.

MS is doing a lot more than just lower the X1s price. Look how different the console is now to when it was announced.

And it doesn't need to pass the PS4. The PS3 never surpassed the 360. It just has to compete. 360 slapped the PS3 around, and Sony with their backs against the wall started to work hard to correct their wrongs and make the PS3 a viable choice. You're forgetting that MS made mistakes last gen too, like chasing the casual crowd for the second half of the gen which certainly helped Sony.

#36 Edited by B4X (5625 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:
@b4x said:

@lundy86_4 said:

Amazon is worldwide. Go look at the where PS4 is on those lists compared to Xflop. That should sober you up.

Currently Titanfall Bundle #45 and $399 Xflop is #50. $399 PS4 is #9 and Destiny Bundle is #12. Destiny PS4 is #5 and Xflop Destiny is #17. Master Chump Collection is #10.

Not looking so hot for Xflop. It can occasionally score a hit game, but the console sales are still sucking.

Stop with the Delusional thought. Climb out of your bubble fanboy and go to a store to see the demand for yourself. If you're afraid of sunlight or need a hole cut in your exterior wall with a forklift removal.

Just call around. They're moving a lot. I have been to the stores. I have spoke with managers. They're selling at a brisk rate.

Amazon is an online retail store only. A huge one. There are real life huge retailers, believe it or not?

Call Wal-mart, Target, GameSpot or your local BestBuy.

It's easy as pressing a couple buttons.

#37 Posted by B4X (5625 posts) -

@bublover1 said:

@RR360DD said:

It's funny how delusional lemrats are. You really think Microsoft is going to bounce back even though they're going to get crushed in every territory?

This is the final gen for MS. I can't wait to play the future Halo games on my PS. Hopefully, SONY lets Guerrilla Games handle the Halo franchise for maximum RR360DD asshurt.

/slap

You are clearly no gamer to wish for such a travesty.

#38 Edited by Heil68 (46164 posts) -

We should see some increased sales for the first few months I would think.

#39 Posted by steamistrash (427 posts) -

microsoft need bring back some original xbox exclusives or new ips that dont suck.

only way to save the console make better games

#40 Edited by B4X (5625 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

We should see some increased sales for the first few months I would think.

Then Halo launches. Then massive sales!

He's Coming! My friends!

#41 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@b4x said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@b4x said:

@lundy86_4 said:

Stop with the Delusional thought. Climb out of your bubble fanboy and go to a store to see the demand for yourself. If you're afraid of sunlight or need a hole cut in your exterior wall with a forklift removal.

Just call around. They're moving a lot. I have been to the stores. I have spoke with managers. They're selling at a brisk rate.

Amazon is an online retail store only. A huge one. There are real life huge retailers, believe it or not?

I like smack talk on here, but I don't care enough to call around or ask employees about their stock. You actually call and visit stores to check on stock? That is a bit obsessive don't you think? Are you willing to go on record and say Xbone will outsell the PS4 for the month June? I mean NPD(US) because it obviously has no chance in Hell worldwide EVER.

#42 Edited by B4X (5625 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@b4x said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@b4x said:

@lundy86_4 said:

I like smack talk on here don't care enough to do that. You actually call and visit stores to check on stock? That is a bit obsessive don't you think. Are you willing to go on record and say Xbone will outsell the PS4 for the month June? I mean NPD(US) because it obviously has no chance in Hell worldwide EVER.

No I did not say that, but I will never be a douchebag like you and say it won't? Do some research fanboy. Pick up the phone. Ask?

Me having actual real-life experience >>>>>>>>>>>> your 10 mouse clicks to get to Amazon.

/amiright

#43 Posted by ferrari2001 (17158 posts) -

After a huge showing from both Playstation and Nintendo at E3, and a rather disappointing show from Microsoft mixed with the same negative impression gamers were left with over Microsofts constant changes to hardware and policy it may never catch PS4 in sales. The price point will certainly help Microsofts sales but it's unlikely that it will ever pick up the same strong momentum of it's closest competition.

#44 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@b4x said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@b4x said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@b4x said:

@lundy86_4 said:

I like smack talk on here don't care enough to do that. You actually call and visit stores to check on stock? That is a bit obsessive don't you think. Are you willing to go on record and say Xbone will outsell the PS4 for the month June? I mean NPD(US) because it obviously has no chance in Hell worldwide EVER.

No I did not say that, but I will never be a douchebag like you and say it won't? Do some research fanboy. Pick up the phone. Ask?

Me having actual real-life experience >>>>>>>>>>>> your 10 mouse clicks to get to Amazon.

/amiright

You appear to be a bigger fanboy than me. You call stores because you are concerned your favorite console may not be selling well. I have also seen you resort to personal attacks against numerous people(including myself) when they make disparaging remarks about your precious black box. I don't think about this shit unless i am on gaming site. You obviously carry it over to your real life which is weird.

Btw the last time I was in Gamestop to buy inFAMOUS SS(March) I did ask the clerk how both consoles were selling. He said Xflop was selling well. It promptly went on to lose that month by over 60K...

#45 Posted by B4X (5625 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@b4x said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@b4x said:

@StrongBlackVine said:
@b4x said:

@lundy86_4 said:

/amiright

You appear to be a bigger fanboy than me. You call stores because you are concerned your favorite console may not be selling well. I have also seen you resort to personal attacks against numerous people(including myself) when they make disparaging remarks about your precious black box. I don't think about this shit unless i am on gaming site. You obviously carry it over to your real life which is weird.

Btw the last time I was in Gamestop to buy inFAMOUS SS(March) I did ask the clerk how both consoles were selling. He said Xflop was selling well. It promptly went on to lose that month by over 60K...

I was at the store trading in my 250g 360 for an X1 at BestBuy. I was just going buy what the guy said. I wasn't fishing for info. He told me they were on their 3rd shipment. I didn't ask shit.

If you actually read my replies in this thread you would know that. Sony troll.

You're BS crystal ball garbage is a joke and you know it.

/Keep fighting the good fight though. Troll

#46 Posted by dommeus (9416 posts) -

@b4x said:

I just traded in a 250 gig 360 for 150 off at BestBuy. For a second X1 for my bedroom. To replace the 360 I had in there. Bestbuy Guy says they are moving a lot of them. They're are on their 3rd shipment.

I love posts like these. As if we're to believe that people such as yourself go into a shop to buy a product and then inquire as to its success in the market in relation to the shop's order numbers. Brilliant.

#47 Posted by B4X (5625 posts) -

@dommeus said:

@b4x said:

I love posts like these. As if we're to believe that people such as yourself go into a shop to buy a product and then inquire as to its success in the market in relation to the shop's order numbers. Brilliant.

Call Edwardsville, Il. BestBuy.

618-659-9895

Just going by what the guy said. I didn't ask him anything. He told me.

peace

#48 Posted by clone01 (25052 posts) -

Maybe a little. Who knows? I know its hyperbole, but of my friends, its about a 50/50 split between ps4/xbox one.

#49 Posted by CARNAGES41 (311 posts) -

it'll help

but it really needs to be $350

#50 Posted by tormentos (19286 posts) -

@b4x said:

/amiright

Don't you mean you inventing what every you want without proof blackace.?

Lets see AMAZON top selling list or your opinion...mmmmmmmmmm

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames

PS4 beating the xbox one quite easy PS4 at spot 9 Titanfall bundle at 37 and $399 one at spot 50 even lower...lol