How much do you think Halo 5's sales impact will be?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 7 months, 20 days ago

Poll: How much do you think Halo 5's sales impact will be? (23 votes)

It will break Halo 3, 18 million + 13%
It will sell quite well 10 million + 13%
It will barely be around Halo 4, 8 million + 26%
Halo 4 caused too much damage. 5+ million 13%
Halo brand is damaged beyond repair 3+ million 17%
Halo brand is damaged and Halo 5 is rated badly <1.5 million 17%

As you know, Halo 4 (probably at 10 mill now.), was the best selling Halo game, in the U.S., of all time. But not the best selling Halo game. Most of the sales were earlier with the game hitting a sales wall a couple months later.

Halo 4 has a heavily mixed reaction going from things like:

1. Great game

2. Great single player bad multiplayer

3. The games is badly desgined.

4. They screwed up everything but the single player.

5. They forever hurt the legacy of Halo.

6. They are better than bungie

7. They cut out features for no reason and caused a disaster in balance meaning I will never play another halo game again.

8. It's call of duty with aliens.

and much more

But with these mixed reactions what are your hopes for the sales impact of Halo 5? Will 343 do better or mess up?

#1 Edited by Shewgenja (7978 posts) -

The fact that there are more threads about TitanFall than Halo 5 tells me all I need to know.

#2 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6637 posts) -

Most of the online FPS crowd has moved on to Call of Duty. I don't think Halo 5 will do as well as the other Halo titles because it is going to launch to a smaller install base and I'm just not sure if it is the system seller that it used to be.

#3 Posted by mems_1224 (45835 posts) -

The fact that there are more threads about TitanFall than Halo 5 tells me all I need to know.

Probably because they're shown nothing about the next Halo.....

#4 Edited by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

I'm buying the X1 just to play Halo 5 for whatever that is worth (not much).

#5 Posted by conkertheking1 (833 posts) -

The halo franchise is pretty much dead.... it's turned into a cod clone now and they should just let it die peacefully than tarnish the already over milked cow. I used to love halo but I feel like with every new game since halo 3 its been going down hill.

#6 Posted by DirkXXVI (491 posts) -

Most of the online FPS crowd has moved on to Call of Duty. I don't think Halo 5 will do as well as the other Halo titles because it is going to launch to a smaller install base and I'm just not sure if it is the system seller that it used to be.

Oh I hope you're right. Ironically I kind of agree with you but I won't fully believe it until I see the series with a stake through it's heart as it burns after being doused with gasoline.

#7 Posted by shawn30 (4316 posts) -

One comes out in 3 months, the other we assume Fall of next year. Its obvious why Titanfall is more on peoples minds right now. Halo will get its usual megastar treatment around E3 when its unveiled.

Back on topic, MS will put the full force of its monster marketing plan behind Halo 5, and 343 has admitted they made mistakes in Halo 4 and intend to fix them as they have been listening to the Halo community. The one and only game all of 343 is working on is Halo 5 for the One, so all resources are all in to make it a killer app. It will, as all Halo's have done, move systems and units in the millions.

#8 Edited by Heil68 (42747 posts) -

Probably a lot. Halo 3 made me get a 360.

#9 Edited by Basinboy (10932 posts) -

It'll be profitable but less popular than Halo 4.

#10 Posted by lamprey263 (22463 posts) -

Halo 4 was shit and even it sold well, I'll say 10 million.

#11 Posted by Zoso813 (310 posts) -

I think Halo, like CoD, is on the decline this gen. It will still sell very well, I mean it is Halo after all. The quality of the series has been a steady decline since Halo: CE. Also, if Titanfall does well, it will just diminish Halo even more.

#12 Edited by lundy86_4 (42687 posts) -

#13 Posted by Thunder7151 (304 posts) -

The real question is:

When will Cows start writing petitions begging for Halo 5 on PS4?

#14 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3250 posts) -

Probably lower than 4. I know many were disappointed with it. I loved it though.

#15 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25451 posts) -

The hype of being the first Halo on a new console would place it above Reach & 4 I guess. CoD has grown bigger than Halo since 2007 so I would say 3 was the peak of the series.

#16 Edited by AppleFan1991 (3022 posts) -

I think we will see it around 4-5 million. Mostly for 4 reasons.

1. It's on Xbox One, which will have a much smaller user base than the Xbox 360 had for Halo 4. (360 had like 70 million users while the One will have like 5-7 million.)

2. The IP is getting very stale and the quality is dropping. (See Halo 4's mixed reviews, post Bungie)

3. Games like TitanFall, Battlefield, Killzone and COD couldn't hold a candle/didn't exist when Halo 1-3 were mass popular, now they do and are better is some ways.

4. Destiny: Bungie's new IP that will be multiplat. It's going to get mad hype around it's launch date because it's "From the creators of Halo and the company that brought you Call of Duty"

#17 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@Shewgenja said:

The one and only game all of 343 is working on is Halo 5 for the One,

They are working on three games.

#18 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

3. Games like TitanFall, Battlefield, Killzone and COD couldn't hold a candle/didn't exist when Halo 1-3 were mass popular, now they do and are better is some ways.

Titanfall is the only game that did not exist, Killzone has never taken anything from Halo, and BattleField just fed up.

Compare that to when Halo 4 came out where it became the best selling Halo in the U.S. and the fastest selling Halo and bested over 9 million despite COD breaking records, Battle Field on consoles increasing sales, and 15 other new and old FPS franchises.

#19 Posted by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

There will be what 4-5 Million people who own an Xbone if this comes out this time next year?

Can't see 50% of them buying it so I'll guess around 2 million copies will get sold.

#20 Edited by trugs26 (5139 posts) -

I think it will hit 10 million+, if the reports are true that the One is actually selling pretty well.

#21 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8408 posts) -

No way Halo 5 outsells Halo 4 with a MUCH smaller user base. Will 8 million people even own a Xflop One by Fall 2014?

#22 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

No way Halo 5 outsells Halo 4 with a MUCH smaller user base. Will 8 million people even own a Xflop One by Fall 2014?

Halo 3 outsold 1 and 2 with a much smaller userbase.

#23 Edited by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (1878 posts) -

I would say that this series should have ended after 3. Reach was cool as it was a prequel of sorts, but Halo 4 was a complete joke! Then factor in that most likely Halo 5 will be launching against Destiny, Black Ops 3 and most likely/hopefully DICE's StarWars FPS and you have all the making of failure and hopefully the killshot to this franchise!