How Mass Effect 3 should have ended literally

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

Why not after playing it again I realize it felt almost like a rip off Gurren Lagann and that was after watching Gurren Lagann for the third time.

How did I not see this at first

If anyone doesn't know what Gurren Lagann is its an mecha anime with a similar plot like Mass Effect where they have to stop a race of beings that want to destroy humanity because apparently its to prevent chaos and destruction of the galaxy.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

Its been too long come to think of it Mass effect 3 ending does seem like a poorly executed gurren lagann

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheFadeForever

@godspellwh:

They should have pulled one instead of that star child BS

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

Shepard fighting the star child with a large mech and everyone going out as a badass would have been a better ending than the BS we got. They should have just pulled a Gurren Lagann I wouldn't even care if it was a rip off.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

This is still the best ending, lol :P

Loading Video...

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheFadeForever

There original ending ideas for Mass Effect 3 made it even more similar to Gurren Lagann

Dark Energy was something that only organics could access because of various techno-science magic reasons we hadn't decided on yet," Karpyshyn said. "Maybe using this Dark Energy was having a ripple effect on the space-time continuum.

"Maybe the Reapers kept wiping out organic life because organics keep evolving to the state where they would use biotics and dark energy and that caused an entropic effect that would hasten the end of the universe. Being immortal beings, that's something they wouldn't want to see.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

It's been over a year... let it go

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

I liked the ending.

svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts

A Mass Effect thread and Texasgoldrush hasn't shown up to defend it yet?? He must've gotten laid off from EA.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator

@TheFadeForever said:

There original ending ideas for Mass Effect 3 made it even more similar to Gurren Lagann

Dark Energy was something that only organics could access because of various techno-science magic reasons we hadn't decided on yet," Karpyshyn said. "Maybe using this Dark Energy was having a ripple effect on the space-time continuum.

"Maybe the Reapers kept wiping out organic life because organics keep evolving to the state where they would use biotics and dark energy and that caused an entropic effect that would hasten the end of the universe. Being immortal beings, that's something they wouldn't want to see.

I remember hearing that the dilemma of dark energy was the original premise to the motives of the Reapers. But if stopping organics from harnessing this force (and it's volatile effects on the galaxy/universe) was their purpose, why allow all the species to develop at all? If they needed to stop us (and all our predecessors) from mucking space, wouldn't it make more sense to exterminate any organic species as soon as it surfaced, and prevent them from potentially causing havoc before it began?

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheFadeForever

@AdobeArtist:

Depends could be that they don't know if the species will ever be capable of harnessing dark energy so they wait a certain amount of years to see which one were able to harness it instead of constantly wiping out every life that emerges.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I'm more concerned with how these topics will end

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15564 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

@TheFadeForever said:

I remember hearing that the dilemma of dark energy was the original premise to the motives of the Reapers. But if stopping organics from harnessing this force (and it's volatile effects on the galaxy/universe) was their purpose, why allow all the species to develop at all? If they needed to stop us (and all our predecessors) from mucking space, wouldn't it make more sense to exterminate any organic species as soon as it surfaced, and prevent them from potentially causing havoc before it began?

The premise of Dark Energy, if I recall correctly, wasn't that they were stopping people from using too much dark energy, it was that dark energy spreading and destroying everything was inevitable, and only a collective intelligence composed of people making a reaper had any chance of developing a solution. They let people develop to exploit the most advanced races, and kill them before they start to abuse dark energy too much. Dark energy ending choice was going to be: do you sacrifice humanity to come up with a near perfect reaper, or do you tell them to piss off and try to figure it out with the collective races of the galaxy. This explained several plot threads that were dropped in ME3, like Tali's mission near the dying star, and why the reapers were racing to make a human reaper in ME2.

Unfortunately, the idea was scrapped when they added a new lead writer, and it became apparent they were just making up the story as they went along with no clear vision for an ending.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Every single person of your crew dies but Thane Krios.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

I liked Mass Effect 3's endings. Trilogy isn't ruined for me. I get to enjoy it again and again. LOL at the other 99% still butthurt over it.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

The entire game was a massive disappointment,not just the ending.

I blame EA.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

oh boy.. here we go again....

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Oh boy, I can hear the Biodrones crying already.

Texas, where are you champ ?

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Loved Mass Effect. Ending still didn't ruin it for me.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I didn't find the ending bad. I still love and cherish every moment of me playing the Mass Effect trilogy. In fact I can't wait for the upcoming Mass Effect game.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

To me I was happy simply with the fact it didn't end "And we all lived, happily ever after".. It seriously felt like every freaking person was crying about the fact that there wasn't a really happy ending..

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

That only works if Bioware didn't **** everything up by removing all the dark matter plot elements in the 3rd game. Honestly, there original draft was so much better than this lameass

"no, the reapers exist only because organics and synthetics will never get along, so every once in awhile, we'll just kill all the organics who can make synthetics, since if we just destroyed the synthetics, they'd just build more".

whoever wrote that shit for ME3 should be sacked and never heard from again in this industry. And don't give me that integrity BS or try to claim I shouldn't get a say. No, people who were upset at the ending were investing many, MANY hours into the story and being promised that all of their decisions would shape the course of the ending. Some of us were following the story since 2007. It was such a cruel, monumental slap to the face and it will never be forgotten as the golden shit standard of what NOT to do from this point forward.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
@seanmcloughlin said:

It's been over a year... let it go

^This.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#25 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

@Silverbond I'm with you, dude.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AdobeArtist  Moderator

@Vaasman said:

@AdobeArtist said:

The premise of Dark Energy, if I recall correctly, wasn't that they were stopping people from using too much dark energy, it was that dark energy spreading and destroying everything was inevitable, and only a collective intelligence composed of people making a reaper had any chance of developing a solution. They let people develop to exploit the most advanced races, and kill them before they start to abuse dark energy too much. Dark energy ending choice was going to be: do you sacrifice humanity to come up with a near perfect reaper, or do you tell them to piss off and try to figure it out with the collective races of the galaxy. This explained several plot threads that were dropped in ME3, like Tali's mission near the dying star, and why the reapers were racing to make a human reaper in ME2.

Unfortunately, the idea was scrapped when they added a new lead writer, and it became apparent they were just making up the story as they went along with no clear vision for an ending.

Sad Panda in how they subverted the ending :( :(

@ShepardCommandr said:

The entire game was a massive disappointment,not just the ending.

I blame EA.

OK, now with the ending I can understand the discontent. But the entire game? That's either exaggeration or hyperbole. Aside from the last 10 minutes, so many of the moments leading up were greatly memorable, such as the Reaper encounters on Rannoch and Tuchanka, and visiting the awesome locations like Thessia, the Turian moon, and the Salarian research planet.

ME3 addressed every issue people had with ME2. They improved the combat, expanded the RPG design, brought back weapon modding and customization, more armor configurations with loot. And while planet scanning stayed at least it was more streamlined to get rid of the tedious grinding previously involved.

The last 10 minutes doesn't really negate the moments prior all enjoyed in their own time.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Didnt see anything wrong with the ending.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

There's like 3 threads about Gran Turismo's score, so I'll just post in this one.

Damn, man. A 7? That's tough. GT's been not all that great this gen. Forza the GOAT something something.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

The ending couldn't be salvaged because the entire premise of, 'Synthetics killing us so we don't invent other synthetics that will kill us', is beyond stupid. Its fucking RETARDED.

Its a shame considering the game play in ME3 was easily my favorite.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#33  Edited By chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Mass Effect 3 was a great game overall but the ending was a right kick in the teeth.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator

@Motokid6 said:

Yea the ending sucked, but it was one hell of a ride up till then.

Pretty much what I've been saying the past year.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Nobody Dissects Gameplay anymore...... :(

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

The ending didn't ruin the franchise for me. Yeah so ok, most of you thought the ending sucked hey? But what about the awesome adventure the games gave you before that. Stop bitching and writing off the whole franchise just because of the ending. Mass Effect kicked ass, and my favourite is still Mass Effect 2.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

BioWare should have just claimed they were doing The Indoctrination Theory all along. It would have saved it.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Oh boy.......a "This is how I think mass effect should have ended" thread......I haven't only see this tired old topic done like a hundred thousand times already.

Jesus, you people need to let shit go sometimes.