How many graphics kings do you think wii u will have this generation?

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SonySoldier-_- (754 posts) -

With Project X looking impressive several sheep are claiming a potential graphics king in the future. I"ll admit the game does look nice for Wii U standards. I wonder how games on the Wii U will look when the Wii U showcases its full power later in its life cycle. Perhaps when the new zelda is revealed?

#2 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

Zero

#3 Posted by ferret-gamer (17312 posts) -
It might get a decent looking game out before the other next gen consoles come out, but once that happens it isn't going to be leading in graphics ever again. And of course that isn't counting PC.
#4 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
None, because the only game which looks like a contender is project x, and that most likely wont release before the ps4/720 and thus will never have an opportunity from that point onwards.
#5 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

None, because the only game which looks like a contender is project x, and that most likely wont release before the ps4/720 and thus will never have an opportunity from that point onwards.campzor

This.

It's pretty hard to notice something is king, if it's standing in the shadow of a better king. Plus, that's not a king, that's like a Queen, Jack, or something ...

If it doesn't get any good looking games soon well a missed opportunity Nintendo. As in releasing a console and games which couldn't best 2005/6 hardware.

Weaker than a can of Fosters.

#6 Posted by GhoX (5012 posts) -
As many graphics kings as my toaster will have.
#7 Posted by ferret-gamer (17312 posts) -

As many graphics kings as my toaster will have.GhoX

http://www.crazypc.com/other/misc/toast.htm

#8 Posted by loosingENDS (11826 posts) -

Project X looks like FF13 with some extra shaders, there is nothing impressive about it visually

Also since WiiU will not have any next gen looking games, obviosuly will have zero graphics kings

#9 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (19818 posts) -
None. PC will always have the graphics king.
#10 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34149 posts) -

#11 Posted by Kingpin0114 (2583 posts) -

None

#12 Posted by ultraking (6904 posts) -
none
#13 Posted by lamprey263 (23965 posts) -
no graphic king by SW standards, but I imagine some decent games with noteworthy art design
#14 Posted by hippiesanta (9868 posts) -
after ps4..... wii u have none ... even to date ... they have none .. lol
#15 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

[QUOTE="GhoX"]As many graphics kings as my toaster will have.ferret-gamer

http://www.crazypc.com/other/misc/toast.htm

I'm so glad this has been brought to my attention. I have to know,

Is it a computer with a toaster, or, could you say it was a toaster computer functions? Thus, a toaster could have many graphics kings?

Maybe this is what GhoX has already?

#16 Posted by locopatho (20282 posts) -
None yet, and think PS4 and/or Nextbox will be out and kicking ass before any of the "heavy hitter" games like Zelda are out for WiiU. So none ever, really.
#17 Posted by sailor232 (4732 posts) -

I think it will suprise alot of people. In the end that is what my pc is for, the best graphics.

#18 Posted by topgunmv (10237 posts) -

[QUOTE="campzor"]None, because the only game which looks like a contender is project x, and that most likely wont release before the ps4/720 and thus will never have an opportunity from that point onwards.psymon100

This.

It's pretty hard to notice something is king, if it's standing in the shadow of a better king. Plus, that's not a king, that's like a Queen, Jack, or something ...

If it doesn't get any good looking games soon well a missed opportunity Nintendo. As in releasing a console and games which couldn't best 2005/6 hardware.

What's even so special about the graphics?

#19 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

[QUOTE="psymon100"]

[QUOTE="campzor"]None, because the only game which looks like a contender is project x, and that most likely wont release before the ps4/720 and thus will never have an opportunity from that point onwards.topgunmv

This.

Whether you're talking specifically about project x or about graphics in general - I don't claim they're special.

The value of graphics is subjective, however, releasing at least one console 'graphics king' can only help the Wii U's marketability. Obviously, the window of opportunity for this runs out at the release of PS4/720.

#20 Posted by call_of_duty_10 (4954 posts) -

Graphics kings?Zero.

There are many games on the PC that look far better than project X.

Console graphics kings?Zero.

PS4 will be released before project x.

#21 Posted by topgunmv (10237 posts) -

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

[QUOTE="psymon100"]

This.

psymon100

Whether you're talking specifically about project x or about graphics in general - I don't claim they're special.

The value of graphics is subjective, however, releasing at least one console 'graphics king' can only help the Wii U's marketability. Obviously, the window of opportunity for this runs out at the release of PS4/720.

Well it's just that some people seem to be going crazy about it, when visually it looks like an average pc mmo to me, unless there are some amazing looking high res screenshots I'm not aware of.

#22 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

Yeah, some posters are crazy evangelicals with this sort of stuff.

#23 Posted by ArchoNils2 (6228 posts) -

Since here on Gamespot console games can get graphics king, it's pretty obvious that it isn't about the actual graphics but how much you can get out of a system. Project X does look like it gets more out of the sysstem than any other WiiU game yet, so it's pretty fair to give it a chance. It's also an indicator that maybe we will see more attempts to get most out of the system. But then again, it really depends on Gamespot, the way they give away graphics king is very confusing and a lot of time just plain stupid, so we'll see

#24 Posted by PAL360 (26887 posts) -

Probably none. It had it's oportunity last year, but i lost against some PC games and Halo 4. This year, with Playstation 4 and Xbox 3 in the market, the competition will be alot stronger.

#25 Posted by Gue1 (10020 posts) -

what part of "Wii U is weak" you don't understand TC? The console is a rip-off.

#26 Posted by GarGx1 (2701 posts) -

Can't see it getting any

#27 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

I don't think there's any debate, it's going to be zero.

#28 Posted by buremarey (7 posts) -
It might get a decent looking game out before the other next gen consoles come out
#29 Posted by fernandmondego_ (3170 posts) -

Zero

TheEpicGoat
#30 Posted by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

They might not get a game that looks as good as God of War 3. Even if the Wii U is capable of it, no third party developer is going to go all out to show off its power, and Nintendo focuses on artstyle more than technical graphics.

#31 Posted by milannoir (1557 posts) -

None. PC will always have the graphics king.DragonfireXZ95

This. Consoles will never grab that crown. Just concentrate on the gameplay arguments.

#32 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

Zero

TheEpicGoat
#33 Posted by blackace (20753 posts) -

With Project X looking impressive several sheep are claiming a potential graphics king in the future. I"ll admit the game does look nice for Wii U standards. I wonder how games on the Wii U will look when the Wii U showcases its full power later in its life cycle. Perhaps when the new zelda is revealed?

SonySoldier-_-
Project X looks good, but there are still PS3 and XBox 360 games that look better then it. It's very unlikely that the Wii U will have a graphic king game. Nintendo would have to do something extraordinary. Some like when they showed Donkey Kong Country for the SNES at the E3. That blew everyone away. I was there for the unveiling and even my mouth dropped. Don't know how Nintendo kept that secret with no leaks. Nintendo will have to serious "WOW" us. That hasn't happened since the Wii was shown at the E3.
#34 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

I thought sheep don't care about graphics?

#35 Posted by blackace (20753 posts) -

I think it will suprise alot of people. In the end that is what my pc is for, the best graphics.

sailor232

Yeah, but the PC isn't a game console. No real comparison when you can upgrade a PC at any time and you can't on a console. For me the PC isn't even in the same category as game consoles.

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]None. PC will always have the graphics king.milannoir

This. Consoles will never grab that crown. Just concentrate on the gameplay arguments.

Again there's no comparison to PC. Most likely he's talking about Console Graphic King. It's so stupid comparing consoles to a PC that can steadily be modified, changed and improved at any time. One of the dumbest things I've ever seen.
#36 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16152 posts) -

Tech? None.

Art? A few perhaps?

#37 Posted by Lucianu (9427 posts) -

Again there's no comparison to PC. Most likely he's talking about Console Graphic King. It's so stupid comparing consoles to a PC that can steadily be modified, changed and improved at any time. One of the dumbest things I've ever seen.blackace

Then he should have said that, i can't read his mind to see a more elaborate point of view.

#38 Posted by PCgameruk (1425 posts) -

Well first off Consoles don't have graphics king. Best looking game on consoles however..

There is not enough time for devs to push the Wii U before next gen consoles arrive. It takes years of optimization and tweaks to get the best out of the hardware. By the time Wii U gets anything close to a Uncharted 3 or Halo 4. It will look average at best compared to a random multiplatform game next gen. Also Sony and M$ put big money into exclusives for best looking game etc. Nintendo makes colourful games like Mario Mario and Mario. Art style they look nice but Nintendo does not make realism graphics game.

So if you said Wii U will have one or more graphics kings. You are either a fanboy or a complete fuking idiot.

#39 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Considering the "graphics king" evaluation is entirely subjective, and can be based on technical, artistic or technical-and-artistic models of analysis, it is possible for the Wii U to have every graphics king this gen, and none, all at the same time. It depends who takes the time to make the thread, build the claim and back it up with the better, stupider reasoning.
#40 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8966 posts) -

I think it might get a console graphics king or two this year before the next Playstation or Xbox releases. After that point it will probably cease to have technical graphics kings, but will manage to compete by having developers use styIe to mask limitations of the console.

#41 Posted by arto1223 (4404 posts) -

Zero. PC will always have the graphics kings first of all. In terms of consoles, both the PS4 and XBox 720 will have better hardware and more of a user base that craves better graphics.

#42 Posted by clr84651 (5449 posts) -

Anyone that votes the Wii U will have any over the PS4 and RRoD 720 is a Nintendo Fan. It's obvious that the Wii U will be far lacking in processing power and GPU power compared to the other 2.

#43 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -
After seeing how crappy Batman AC looked on the Wi U compared to the PS 3 I'd have to say None.
#44 Posted by Chutebox (37233 posts) -

As many as 360 and PS3: none.

#45 Posted by Masenkoe (4888 posts) -

Zero

TheEpicGoat

#46 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

None, Wii U won't be able to compete graphically with the next Xbox and PS4.

#47 Posted by LustForSoul (5885 posts) -
If the system gets maxed out within less than a year, then yes, it might have a shot. Otherwise next-gen consoles will trample this machine.
#48 Posted by Heil68 (44639 posts) -
Zero.
#49 Posted by Teuf_ (30805 posts) -

Somewhere between zero and none.

#50 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

[QUOTE="psymon100"]

[QUOTE="campzor"]None, because the only game which looks like a contender is project x, and that most likely wont release before the ps4/720 and thus will never have an opportunity from that point onwards.topgunmv

This.

if you are referring to project x, imo its the fact that it looks THAT good WHILST being OPEN WORLD