How many gamers buy season pass dlc.

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by KungfuKitten (20993 posts) -

I'm sorry, I have done that twice. And you should hardly ever do something like that.
It is very easy to forget that you spend that money.

#52 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5261 posts) -
Nope.
#53 Posted by KungfuKitten (20993 posts) -
None, I dont buy any DLC. Heil68
That is probably best. I buy DLC more to support the dev than to actually want DLC.
#54 Posted by santoron (7718 posts) -

1, 2, 3, Not it!

#55 Posted by Avian005 (4100 posts) -

I've only bought one and that was just for Borderlands 2.

#56 Posted by sts106mat (19581 posts) -
no, i have never bought one. i did get COD elite included with MW3 hardened edition but i only paid £29 complete in a hour fire sale that showed up on twitter, so that doesn't count. I'm also be getting the halo 4 pass but it comes with the limited edition i am getting anyway. basically i haven't yet found a game where i have felt sure that i will play it enough to warrant buying the pass.
#57 Posted by Joedgabe (5111 posts) -

I never do.. I have only bought 1 dlc and it was wasted money by a huge margin. I will buy the Dark Souls DLC it's definetly worth it for me..

#58 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (19818 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Nope. I never buy any DLC, so it's a moot point.locopatho
Missing out... No Shivering Isles? Lost and the Damned (aka Sons Of Anarchy: The Game!)? Dragon Age Origins: Awakening????

Shivering Isles was an expansion more so, and LoTD and Awakenings pretty much sucked.
#59 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5261 posts) -
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]Nope. I never buy any DLC, so it's a moot point.DragonfireXZ95
Missing out... No Shivering Isles? Lost and the Damned (aka Sons Of Anarchy: The Game!)? Dragon Age Origins: Awakening????

Shivering Isles was an expansion more so, and LoTD and Awakenings pretty much sucked.

I got shivering isles packaged with the game. No download needed.
#60 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
I've only brought DLC for Gears 3 and that was the Map Pack for 800 Points. Kinda feel let down as out of 50+ games i am yet to play more than 2 of the new levels which i have purchased.
#61 Posted by sukraj (22613 posts) -

I don't pay for dlc.

#62 Posted by hippiesanta (9850 posts) -
dlc yes, season pass no
#63 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

Never, but tepmted to get BL2 one, but I props wait until the DLC is detailed and buy them serperatly.

#64 Posted by joel_c17 (2835 posts) -
Funny to see most lems r lining up for a season pass. Lems must love getting bent over - paying for live then paying again for dlc.
#65 Posted by sts106mat (19581 posts) -

Funny to see most lems r lining up for a season pass. Lems must love getting bent over - paying for live then paying again for dlc. joel_c17
or maybe they are old enough to earn money and can spend it on what they like unlike some of the PS kids on here who need help with their newspaper rounds?

#66 Posted by moistsandwich (0 posts) -

I don't buy it. At all. You are paying money... so you can pay money to add on to the game. That's like the biggest ripoff in the history of gaming.

turtlethetaffer

no

Season Pass - DLC is like pre-ordering all future DLC at a discount of what you'd normally pay if you bought it all seperately when each piece of DLC releases.

#67 Posted by mems_1224 (47022 posts) -
depends on the game but ive bought a few. the gears and saints row the third season passes were underwhelming. i regret getting those. battlefield 3 premium has been well worth the price. i think those are the only 3 season passes i've bought. i may get the borderlands 2 pass but i wanna see what kind of dlc it includes first
#68 Posted by LP4EVA2005 (8585 posts) -
nope, never have. though im kinda tempted to get the Borderlands 2: Season Pass.
#69 Posted by Borderlands666 (18 posts) -
I have for a few games. Borderlands 2, Saints Row 3, Forza 4. Thought they were all worth it. If the DLC is good ( by good I mean quality singe player or Co-Op stuff I don't play stupid multiplayer CoD crap) I don't think its a rip-off at all. Too many gamers with conspiracy theories about how: Teh dlC shouda been in da full game! ITs teH ripofFzers! Just sit there with your tin foil hat, big brother or the short bus will be there for you soon. Most of the time DLC is worked on midway through or after the original game has already been designed/made. Disc locked content is a different story for me though...which is why I don't buy capcom games until there is a full GOTY edition, and even then I wait for a discounted price. I support DLC, a lot of it is good stuff. Most people my age don't (31) but hell I think its cool to add on to the original game.
#70 Posted by Borderlands666 (18 posts) -

Funny to see most lems r lining up for a season pass. Lems must love getting bent over - paying for live then paying again for dlc. joel_c17

Its not just lems...I have gotten most my season passes for the PS3, and as far as getting bent over...I've had both systems, LIVE runs much smoother and download times are almost nothing compared to the PSN, and on LIVE things install while they are downloading, the only thing good about the PSN is that its free....which is its only plus. PS+ is a joke, the PSN is no where as good, quality wise as LIVE....this comes from some one who games mostly on the PS3, so know your role.

#71 Posted by EzcapeTheFate (1063 posts) -
Theres some cheap ass people in this thread.
#72 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

I have never bought one before.

#73 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
haven't had a game yet that i would cared besides cod elite.
#74 Posted by speedfog (3143 posts) -

Never done before. But I will for Forza Horizon. Many car's will be sold as DLC for sure. So I will buy that one.

#75 Posted by GarGx1 (2628 posts) -

I bought Perminum for BF3, as I've got a few mates that play BF3 religously and it's good to jump in a game with them now and again.

#76 Posted by DarthClark (460 posts) -
COD elite is all I buy cause COD is all I play.
#77 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

Not me because DLC is optional and i dont really buy unless the DLC adds some serious amount of value to story mode

finalstar2007

Did you buy CoD Elite?

Nope :/

Why the face? If anything that's a good thing, you spoke with your wallet for once.>.>

#78 Posted by joel_c17 (2835 posts) -
Anyone ever wonder why lubricant sales went through the roof at the same time Live became popular in the US? Coincidence? I think not
#79 Posted by caseypayne69 (5390 posts) -
I buy Dlc on games I love. Only bought a season pass on Forza 4
#80 Posted by SolidTy (42914 posts) -

Just asking. Me personally only buy it for like 1 maybe 2 games a year. Once i beat a game unless it has stellar online play I ususaly am done and the game sits on a shelf and collects dust. What about you?

greenballer

I did it once for GeoW3. I don't see me ever doing it again.

Much better to wait for a an eventual DLC included GOTY edition to be honest.

Plus, I buy a lot of games across a ton of platforms, it's hard FOR ME to commit time to one game to get the most out of Season Pass DLC.

#81 Posted by tenaka2 (17032 posts) -

What is season pass dlc?

#82 Posted by sts106mat (19581 posts) -

What is season pass dlc?

tenaka2

the devs say for example - "we are guaranteeing 4 DLC packs for this game, they will be £6.00 each, but the season pass is only £18".

if you buy the season pass you get all 4 dlc at a discount basically.

its worth it if you absolutely know you will be playing a certain game for months come what may.

#83 Posted by locopatho (20241 posts) -

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

What is season pass dlc?

sts106mat

the devs say for example - "we are guaranteeing 4 DLC packs for this game, they will be £6.00 each, but the season pass is only £18".

its worth it if you absolutely know you will be playing a certain game for months come what may.

I disagree. You don't even know what the DLC will consist of yet you commit to buying it all up front? Not a fan of that.
#84 Posted by tenaka2 (17032 posts) -

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

What is season pass dlc?

sts106mat

I guess, personally not a fan of those types of sales models.

#85 Posted by sts106mat (19581 posts) -
[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

What is season pass dlc?

locopatho

I disagree. You don't even know what the DLC will consist of yet you commit to buying it all up front? Not a fan of that.

no I agree, you dont, like i said earlier, i have not ever bought one. COD Elite came with my MW3 hardened (which i got for £30 total lol) and the halo 4 pass will be included with the limited edition i have had on pre-order since march. there is yet to be a season pass i have actually considered. I would probably have bought one for skyrim though if they did one.
#86 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

I don't, and I don't see myself doing it when I usually want certain DLC.

#87 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16492 posts) -

no I agree, you dont, like i said earlier, i have not ever bought one. COD Elite came with my MW3 hardened (which i got for £30 total lol) and the halo 4 pass will be included with the limited edition i have had on pre-order since march. there is yet to be a season pass i have actually considered. I would probably have bought one for skyrim though if they did one.sts106mat

I haven't bought a 'dlc pass' seperate either. I got BF Premium together with 3 in the BF3: Premium edition.

I'm not a fan of DLC passes. I'd rather wait for a complete edition if I know there is gonna be lots of DLC. Which most of the time is inevitable

#88 Posted by cainetao11 (17423 posts) -

I don't buy it. At all. You are paying money... so you can pay money to add on to the game. That's like the biggest ripoff in the history of gaming.

turtlethetaffer
To each their own, but makes no sense to me. Unless it's already on disc, I dont see a problem with dlc. Add to the game if I like said game.