How long will this gen last?

• 162 results
True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Poll How long will this gen last? (98 votes)

Next console in fall 2017. 15%
Next console in fall 2018. 45%
Next console not earlier than 2021.... 40%

Last gen began with the 360 that owned €1000 PCs at launch in end 2005.

So the 360 survived for 8 years...

This gen the PS4 and more the Xbone are matched by €500 PCs at launch....and merely 1 year later PREBUILT €550 PCs (€420 prebuilt tower with 750 Ti slammed inside due to ridiculusly low power need)....

Ηow on earth will the consoles survive for 8 years on such weak hardware?

I predict the next xbox launch at fall 2017....with the PS5 following the next year.

• 
ScarTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#101 ScarTM
Member since 2014 • 174 Posts

@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_: Okay now I get your point about EA/2K games but I still fail to understand how is it relevant to the hardware discussion we are having.

Also, the X1900XT "RETAILED" at 550$.The manufacturing costs of the X1900XT weren't anywhere near that price. Its like this,Iphones are sold 800$ but they don't actually cost 800$ to manufacture.

Using your logic , The PS4 should have been costlier than 400$ because the 7850 (ps4s equivalent card available for PCs ) itself costs 200$ on newegg. That is not how it work.Retail Pricing =/= manufacturing prices.

Also , the Fifa 15 footage you linked me to is missing the 16x Antisotropic Filtering which you so proudly bragged about.

It is relevant cause EA excuses were all day that average PCs were too weak for FIFA engine...PC gaming is at its strongest this gen....

You seriously think that 7850 costs $200? The 265 is same gpu basically and costs 150....thats how low the console hardware is....

And the point is that youre right manufacturing costs are much lower sooooo Sony could have used a 290 easily and took a hit on each machine...

It was one of the things (toghether with NO installations/No patches/no console updates/no focus on online ALL KILLED By PC gaming MUAHAHAHA enjoy your complications!!) that I respected about console gaming:

Buying an EXPENSIVE device at nearly half price!!

No more though....Sony used to sell $840 consoles at $600....

Imagine a $840 console today....GOD....980 GTX like GPU....a monster....That console would have made PC gamers cringe in envy....

Sadly Wii taught MS/Sony harsh lesson that console market is IGNORANT and will swallow any cheap device you throw at it.

As for that FIFA vid....AF can be set in NVidia/AMD control panel....and I doubt it will drop the FPS from 94 to below 60....

So please stop the damage control....FIFA will run on single 960 at 4k maybe without MSAA but for efss sake who needs aa at that res?

Maybe console makers will return to their customer benefiting habits next gen....

I don't remember EA ever using that excuse.

The PS4 is slightly better than the 7850,just a tad bit.More Stream processors, More Texture Mapping Units.therefore also better than the R7 265

How many times do I have to say,leave PCs out of this.I am trying to prove this generation of consoles packs just as much punch as the last-gen consoles did at launch.That said Sony never used 840$ worth of power.

As I pointed out earlier,the PS3 costed 840$ to make because of the Blu-Ray player.Leave that out , and take a look at the PS3 specs.The GPU wasn't anything special.The PS4s GPU relatively is just as good at launch.

16x Antisotropic Filtering is a decent hit especially for a card like 650Ti which doesn't have the Texture mapping units to pull this off.

No damage controlling here,there is something wrong with your perception

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts

@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_: Okay now I get your point about EA/2K games but I still fail to understand how is it relevant to the hardware discussion we are having.

Also, the X1900XT "RETAILED" at 550$.The manufacturing costs of the X1900XT weren't anywhere near that price. Its like this,Iphones are sold 800$ but they don't actually cost 800$ to manufacture.

Using your logic , The PS4 should have been costlier than 400$ because the 7850 (ps4s equivalent card available for PCs ) itself costs 200$ on newegg. That is not how it work.Retail Pricing =/= manufacturing prices.

Also , the Fifa 15 footage you linked me to is missing the 16x Antisotropic Filtering which you so proudly bragged about.

It is relevant cause EA excuses were all day that average PCs were too weak for FIFA engine...PC gaming is at its strongest this gen....

You seriously think that 7850 costs $200? The 265 is same gpu basically and costs 150....thats how low the console hardware is....

And the point is that youre right manufacturing costs are much lower sooooo Sony could have used a 290 easily and took a hit on each machine...

It was one of the things (toghether with NO installations/No patches/no console updates/no focus on online ALL KILLED By PC gaming MUAHAHAHA enjoy your complications!!) that I respected about console gaming:

Buying an EXPENSIVE device at nearly half price!!

No more though....Sony used to sell $840 consoles at $600....

Imagine a $840 console today....GOD....980 GTX like GPU....a monster....That console would have made PC gamers cringe in envy....

Sadly Wii taught MS/Sony harsh lesson that console market is IGNORANT and will swallow any cheap device you throw at it.

As for that FIFA vid....AF can be set in NVidia/AMD control panel....and I doubt it will drop the FPS from 94 to below 60....

So please stop the damage control....FIFA will run on single 960 at 4k maybe without MSAA but for efss sake who needs aa at that res?

Maybe console makers will return to their customer benefiting habits next gen....

I don't remember EA ever using that excuse.

The PS4 is slightly better than the 7850,just a tad bit.More Stream processors, More Texture Mapping Units.therefore also better than the R7 265

How many times do I have to say,leave PCs out of this.I am trying to prove this generation of consoles packs just as much punch as the last-gen consoles did at launch.That said Sony never used 840$ worth of power.

As I pointed out earlier,the PS3 costed 840$ to make because of the Blu-Ray player.Leave that out , and take a look at the PS3 specs.The GPU wasn't anything special.The PS4s GPU relatively is just as good at launch.

16x Antisotropic Filtering is a decent hit especially for a card like 650Ti which doesn't have the Texture mapping units to pull this off.

No damage controlling here,there is something wrong with your perception

Who cares about where Sony blew their money....They did the amazing system of loss leaders...

I was envious to console gamers when console makers sold machines at a loss...

Not anyome....

God you insist....that MS found some magic GPU that AMD was willing to give at 1/10 of the price....

If youre right I guess MS/Sony cannot find simply a magic GPU again to buy cheap....

PS4 is a 382$ machine http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/20/5125098/sony-nearing-breakeven-point-on-cost-of-ps4-hardware

I agree that PS3 was NOT so strong as the 360 because the 360 was 1 year older.....thus packed a huge power for fall 2005....

For the bone and ps4 to have same relative power they must pack STRONG uber hardware that PC users will envy same as in 2005....
Now if truly AMD was generous in 2005 and stopped being generous in 2013....then I guess I can admit that Xenos was as strong relative to its time and PC hardware as is the Xbone....

That video has 94 fps....and the AF is forced tthrough nvidia settings my PC doesnt even break a sweat....god you overestimate FIFA....

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By True_Gamer_

@timster20 said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@timster20 said:

LoL is 13x more popular than Aion according to that chart. And this is just mmo's, what about mobas and fps?

Min req for Aion is 6800gt which is 10 years old and P4 2.8 ghz which is 12 years old.

http://gameguide.na.aiononline.com/aion/System+Specifications

The minimum is to stay in starting area all zoomed in without moving....

At maxed settings try running that....

Just look at those people...4-5k of characters....the moment you turn the 3d models on your $2000 2014 PC will roll over and die....

Mobas are crappy W3 mods.... and fps are stuck in ancient era....

MMOs are where the envelope will be pushed regarding the pc graphics. Those and Strategy genre....

Look at archeage....it will make your PC cry....

9800gt is the recommend for the advanced graphics. It's not even on the level of Oblivion let alone a modern day rpg.

2002 called and it wants it's graphics back.

Loading Video...

ScarTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 ScarTM

@True_Gamer_: I care about where Sony blew their money.You touted that the PS3 costed 840$ and sold at 599$ because it had amazing hardware.When the truth is,the PS3s hardware wasn't worth 840$.It was the blu-ray player.

I feel bad when consumers are so entitled they expect companies to sell systems at a loss.

AMD didn't sell the X1900XT equivalent for 1/10th of the price to MS,instead AMD sold the X1900XT 10x costlier to the PC market which was reasonable since High end cards don't sell much and the only way to compensate for a small sale figue is to make every sale count and that's what happened.But now GPUs are far more popular and there is demand, not to mention there is stiff competition.So obviously the prices for PC Hardware have come down and GPUs aren't sold at unbelievably over priced rates anymore.

Its all about the parameters.You insist on using PC performance as a parameter to measure the consoles,which is downright stupid.

For the bone and the PS4 to have same relative power they must be a significant upgrade with respect to the time that has passed since the last launch.Which they are.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 True_Gamer_

@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_: I care about where Sony blew their money.You touted that the PS3 costed 840$ and sold at 599$ because it had amazing hardware.When the truth is,the PS3s hardware wasn't worth 840$.It was the blu-ray player.

I feel bad when consumers are so entitled they expect companies to sell systems at a loss.

AMD didn't sell the X1900XT equivalent for 1/10th of the price to MS,instead AMD sold the X1900XT 10x costlier to the PC market which was reasonable since High end cards don't sell much and the only way to compensate for a small sale figue is to make every sale count and that's what happened.But now GPUs are far more popular and there is demand, not to mention there is stiff competition.So obviously the prices for PC Hardware have come down and GPUs aren't sold at unbelievably over priced rates anymore.

Its all about the parameters.You insist on using PC performance as a parameter to measure the consoles,which is downright stupid.

For the bone and the PS4 to have same relative power they must be a significant upgrade with respect to the time that has passed since the last launch.Which they are.

From a PC gamer's perspective I can see that IF consoles were as powerful as last gen RELATIVE to PC....

Then FIFA would NEVER EVER run on a 149$ 2012 GPU....1 year OLDER than the console....its like trying to run FIFA 11 (the first FIFA on 360/ps3 ported to PC) on a 6600 GT MAXXED....A sept 2004 card....

In no way shape or form that is possible....

Last gen we had Gears that blew PCs out of the water for like 2 years until Crysis....

What we have this time?

Whatever drugs one takes and imagines things I know for a fact that last gen made PC gamers gringe and envy console users....

Consoles had the holy trinity:

Expensive hardware sold at loss

NO patches NO fixes EVERYTHING must work nearly perfect at release.

Local multiplayer focus.

I envied ALL 3.... What consoles have now? NOTHING....They are 8 hour luna park rides by RENTING games (lybrary what lybrary? You must sell games to afford new ones)....

heck I was VERY suspicious that FIFA 15 Ignine engine a PS4/Xbone port would on a CHEAP ancient GPU....But it smoked it....

If the upcoming 940GT (god nvidia X40 cards are REALLY LOW) runs fifa maxed....a $60 GPU It will be really funny. I guess AMD didnt like consoles so much....

timster20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 timster20
Member since 2014 • 399 Posts

@True_Gamer_ said:

@timster20 said:

9800gt is the recommend for the advanced graphics. It's not even on the level of Oblivion let alone a modern day rpg.

Loading Video...

We were talking about min reqs. You need to prove that the game can only be run on high end hardware.

Also those maxed graphics aren't that good.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

@True_Gamer_ said:

@xscrapzx said:

@undefined: can we stop with the such weak hardware crap. It gets so old listening to it. I dont know how any of you gamed in the early to middle 90s.

When $400 laptops will run console ports 1080/60fps will be a sad day for consoles....

To fall from the heights of Xbox360 that ran Oblivion same as $1000+ PC (HDR + AA)?

See the keyword there. "When". Hardware changes every year. This is like beating a dead horse. A console is console, I think by now after 30 years of a console being out, if not longer than that. The user base of said consoles have accepted that the hardware is static and will remain that way until new version comes out. You have to understand something, hardware cost money, manufacturing it also cost money. Developing a console that is a power house and attempting to sell it at a price point in which that can be purchased by an average consumer is impossible. They will always be weaker, and even if it comes out at a time that it so happens to be on par with some mid-range to high-end rigs, it wont be up there for long. On top of all that, developers are what make the graphics. Sure, you can have a power house of a rig, but if no developer is taking advantage of that power its useless.

picklesurprise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 picklesurprise
Member since 2013 • 185 Posts

Hopefully not long because it is an extremely unimpressive gen.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

It will last as long as it's commercially relevant of course. What a stupid question.

ScarTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By ScarTM
@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

From a PC gamer's perspective I can see that IF consoles were as powerful as last gen RELATIVE to PC....

Then FIFA would NEVER EVER run on a 149$ 2012 GPU....1 year OLDER than the console....its like trying to run FIFA 11 (the first FIFA on 360/ps3 ported to PC) on a 6600 GT MAXXED....A sept 2004 card....

In no way shape or form that is possible....

Last gen we had Gears that blew PCs out of the water for like 2 years until Crysis....

What we have this time?

Whatever drugs one takes and imagines things I know for a fact that last gen made PC gamers gringe and envy console users....

Consoles had the holy trinity:

Expensive hardware sold at loss

NO patches NO fixes EVERYTHING must work nearly perfect at release.

Local multiplayer focus.

I envied ALL 3.... What consoles have now? NOTHING....They are 8 hour luna park rides by RENTING games (lybrary what lybrary? You must sell games to afford new ones)....

heck I was VERY suspicious that FIFA 15 Ignine engine a PS4/Xbone port would on a CHEAP ancient GPU....But it smoked it....

If the upcoming 940GT (god nvidia X40 cards are REALLY LOW) runs fifa maxed....a $60 GPU It will be really funny. I guess AMD didnt like consoles so much....

No wonder your thread and the posts that follow it are foolish.Your have the wrong perspective.

PCs are not a valid parameter for comparing 2 generations of consoles.
Hypothetically speaking the PC industry could crash,its growth could stop entirely and Sony might release a PS5 which is more powerful than the PCs but only a slight upgrade over the PS4.Would that console be considered powerful ?.Surely not.

The only way you can know how this console gen performs as compared to last gen is by direct comparison of the hardware upgrades,if they are significant in terms of power and the time that has passed since launch.

Expensive hardware depends on your perspective of hardware.
PS3 was 840$ because of the BR player.The 360 was cheap,323$ to make as pointed out in my old links with official bills of materials.
PC gaming didn't envy consoles because consoles were better.It was because the PC gaming was in a bad situation.

And if you think there were no patches and no fixes then you need to take a trip down memory lane.

And I don't think 150$ GPUs will continue to run FIFAs for a long time.The reason 650Ti manages to work it like that is because FIFA 15 is still held back by the last generation.

When we start seeing true next-gen games,developed exclusively for next-gen consoles with 5GBs of VRAM available,many cards will go obselete

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

Seen as both consoles are struggling with 1080p/60fps already, I would say 5 years max.

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#112  Edited By DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

@Evo_nine said:

Seen as both consoles are struggling with 1080p/60fps already, I would say 5 years max.

60fps will never ever be a 'default' framerate. PS5 games will struggle to do 60fps, PS6 as well and so on. There will always be 30fps games.

Metal Gear Solid 4 (an early 'wow' gen 7 game) PS3 was 1024 x 768 (equivalent to a gen 8 game today being 900p) @30fps. Can you imagine if MGS5 on the PS4 was 900p at 30fps? Hermits would trash it as proof of how bad gen 8 is when MGS4 was the same thing on PS3.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 True_Gamer_

@timster20 said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@timster20 said:

Loading Video...

We were talking about min reqs. You need to prove that the game can only be run on high end hardware.

You were saying that 2002 graphics called...

Now youre saying that I need to prove somehting that the VIDEO I posted proves...I talk about the siege video.
Also try running the game at those settings in crowded areas and PVP (frames drop 50% the moment you see enemies due to the extremely varied character customization) then talk.

Try harder.

@xscrapzx

This gen is the weakest ever. The challenge for consoles is to START at launch be on par with high end machines (ps360 gen) and keep afloat for quite a time. Not to start on par with mid to low end machines and then in 2 years time run multiplats on a toaster's level...

@scartm

I guess we can agree that the bottom line is that for whatever reason (generous ATi to MS, greedy ATi to PC gamers whatever) this gen is running LOW compared to cheap low end PC hardware.

You cannot deny that:

Xbox360 had a STRONG GPU relative to its time

Xbone has a WEAK GPU relative to its time.

That is the bottom line. As for FIFA you must know that it doesnt work that way.

Each gen EA makes an ENGINE....then it tweaks it until next gen comes. This time we have the IGNITE engine that we stay with us until Xbox3/PS5...

Sooo that 650 Ti will run ALL fifas...at most it will have to disable MSAA and AF....but 1080p/60 is the law.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

@Evo_nine said:

60fps will never ever be a 'default' framerate. PS5 games will struggle to do 60fps, PS6 as well and so on. There will always be 30fps games.

Metal Gear Solid 4 (an early 'wow' gen 7 game) PS3 was 1024 x 768 (equivalent to a gen 8 game today being 900p) @30fps. Can you imagine if MGS5 on the PS4 was 900p at 30fps? Hermits would trash it as proof of how bad gen 8 is when MGS4 was the same thing on PS3.

True...but i cant remember 60fps ever being a thing last gen but now it is (forza 5, battlefield, tlou remastered, halo possibly? etc etc)

it would of been a nice next gen experience, something to distinguish itself from last gen, but its obviously not going to happen now.

Some of the games out now still look like last gen games.

ScarTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 ScarTM

@True_Gamer_ said:

@timster20 said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@timster20 said:

Loading Video...

Now youre saying that I need to prove somehting that the VIDEO I posted proves...I talk about the siege video.

Also try running the game at those settings in crowded areas and PVP (frames drop 50% the moment you see enemies due to the extremely varied character customization) then talk.

Try harder.

@xscrapzx

This gen is the weakest ever. The challenge for consoles is to START at launch be on par with high end machines (ps360 gen) and keep afloat for quite a time. Not to start on par with mid to low end machines and then in 2 years time run multiplats on a toaster's level...

@scartm

I guess we can agree that the bottom line is that for whatever reason (generous ATi to MS, greedy ATi to PC gamers whatever) this gen is running LOW compared to cheap low end PC hardware.

You cannot deny that:

That is the bottom line. As for FIFA you must know that it doesnt work that way.

Each gen EA makes an ENGINE....then it tweaks it until next gen comes. This time we have the IGNITE engine that we stay with us until Xbox3/PS5...

Sooo that 650 Ti will run ALL fifas...at most it will have to disable MSAA and AF....but 1080p/60 is the law.

I wouldn't say low end PC hardware,I mean sure FIFAs scaled back engines may be running very well on the 650 Ti cannot say the same for PES15 which uses the Fox Engine or other non-sports games like The Witcher 3.Mid-end hardware would be more appropriate IMO.

XBONE really does have a weak GPU relative to its time,PS4 as compared to the 360/PS3 does have an equally good GPU in relative power terms.

Ah,classic EA,why waste resources making a new engine when the consumers will gobble up anything you put out anyway.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 True_Gamer_

@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@timster20 said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@timster20 said:

Loading Video...

Try harder.

@xscrapzx

@scartm

You cannot deny that:

I wouldn't say low end PC hardware,I mean sure FIFAs scaled back engines may be running very well on the 650 Ti cannot say the same for PES15 which uses the Fox Engine or other non-sports games like The Witcher 3.Mid-end hardware would be more appropriate IMO.

XBONE really does have a weak GPU relative to its time,PS4 as compared to the 360/PS3 does have an equally good GPU in relative power terms.

Ah,classic EA,why waste resources making a new engine when the consumers will gobble up anything you put out anyway.

Let me put it this way...

Its 2005 and I as a strict BUDGET PC gamer plan to play upcoming games like Oblivion on the 360's level...

When does an affordable GPU comes along?

9600 GT $140 21st of February 2008....

Soo I wait nearly 2 and a half years....

Now imagine what had MS to put inside the Xbone to repeat the above story?

I can guess at least a R9 280.... not bad and not shoddy too right?

I guess AMD wasnt that generous like last gen....or the 360 really costed 700 bucks....I cannot imagine a $700 xbone....PS4 whaaa?

ScarTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 ScarTM

@True_Gamer_: Again no one is disputing that the PCs were in a really bad situation last gen and the tables have turned with this generation of consoles.But that is because the PCs have grown extremely strong.Not because the consoles are weak.

No way 360 costed 700$ bucks.Microsoft is one company that would never sell anything by taking a hit .

As scottpsfan14 pointed out,this "weak" hardware is pulling off really impressive visuals.With Ryse winning Siggraph,even though KZ looked better.There is no doubt that these consoles are strong as hell.They are just not as strong as the PCs

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By True_Gamer_

@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_: Again no one is disputing that the PCs were in a really bad situation last gen and the tables have turned with this generation of consoles.But that is because the PCs have grown extremely strong.Not because the consoles are weak.

No way 360 costed 700$ bucks.Microsoft is one company that would never sell anything by taking a hit .

As scottpsfan14 pointed out,this "weak" hardware is pulling off really impressive visuals.With Ryse winning Siggraph,even though KZ looked better.There is no doubt that these consoles are strong as hell.They are just not as strong as the PCs

http://www.neowin.net/news/report-microsofts-xbox-division-has-lost-nearly-3-billion-in-10-years

They did but got tired of it.

Why do you deny that? Lets say that consoles are cheap to make and used to be expensive to make...

Whats the problem with that for the 80% of ignorant console gamers?

So what that MS/SOny got tired on blowing trucks of cash on consoles?

Console gamers cannot buy premium hardware for pennies? Big deal!!! Will they even notice?

So what that console ports will run on toasters in 2015 or 2016? None will notice.... apart from these obscure forums....where the 930GT running FIFA 1080p will be a huge deal....

BTW PES2014 fox engine runs on that very 650GTX Ti at 1080p/60 x8AA 16xAF

@scottpsfan14

You say that because consoles will ALWAYS use that old trick of sitting FAAAAR away from the display....

Have you EVER connected your console to a PC screen? God save us from the ugliness revealed....

Same for PC connected to HDTV....thigs look amazingly good from faar away....

ScarTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By ScarTM

@True_Gamer_: The link is talking about the XBOX division taking a loss but does not go into specifics.As I said if 360s really costed 715$ to make,where is the Bill of Materials,Where is an official statement from microsoft.Sony doesn't take a hit on smartphone hardware but its losing money nonetheless.That link does not prove that the 360s costed 715$ to make.The 3 Billion loss could've been for many reasons.

I deny that simply because its not true.A 360 costed 323$ to make,it retailed for 399$,but sadly they couldn't make a profit out of it,because of retailers cuts,shipping,etcetera.66$ wasn't a very big profit margin.Its even less with the PS4.The profit margin for Sony on every PS4 is 19$ only.That should say something about how decent the hardware is.Again,nothing compared to PC,but in itself its very good.

I'll wait till 2016 to see if console ports really run on toasters or it goes south.Games like Shadow Of Mordor and Watch Dogs requiring 3GBs and 4GBs of VRAM to run @max as of now.

Haven't they upgraded the fox engine ?,I am pretty sure they had for Ground Zeroes.PES15 will be using the upgraded fox engine.How it works only time will tell.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

5-8 years

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 True_Gamer_

@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_: The link is talking about the XBOX division taking a loss but does not go into specifics.As I said if 360s really costed 715$ to make,where is the Bill of Materials,Where is an official statement from microsoft.Sony doesn't take a hit on smartphone hardware but its losing money nonetheless.That link does not prove that the 360s costed 715$ to make.The 3 Billion loss could've been for many reasons.

I deny that simply because its not true.A 360 costed 323$ to make,it retailed for 399$,but sadly they couldn't make a profit out of it,because of retailers cuts,shipping,etcetera.66$ wasn't a very big profit margin.Its even less with the PS4.The profit margin for Sony on every PS4 is 19$ only.That should say something about how decent the hardware is.Again,nothing compared to PC,but in itself its very good.

I'll wait till 2016 to see if console ports really run on toasters or it goes south.Games like Shadow Of Mordor and Watch Dogs requiring 3GBs and 4GBs of VRAM to run @max as of now.

Haven't they upgraded the fox engine ?,I am pretty sure they had for Ground Zeroes.PES15 will be using the upgraded fox engine.How it works only time will tell.

Please dont compare Watch Dogs on PC to PS4....

Loading Video...

The PS4 level of graphics can be achieved on moderate hardware....the above needs a monster....and rightly so...

I can bet that PES2015 will run on 650Ti....

ScarTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 ScarTM

@True_Gamer_: SweetFX eh ?.Desperate.Mods that improve GFX = Mods that increase VRAM requirement.

Still doesn't change the fact that the unmodded version requires 3GB of VRAM to max it out,despite looking like a PS2 game

Ofcourse PES15 will run on 650 TI.The real question is, how well it will run.

I am willing to bet that it won't be running it on 1080p/60FPS @PS4 equivalent settings.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 True_Gamer_

@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_: SweetFX eh ?.Desperate.Mods that improve GFX = Mods that increase VRAM requirement.

Still doesn't change the fact that the unmodded version requires 3GB of VRAM to max it out,despite looking like a PS2 game

I am willing to bet that it won't be running it on 1080p/60FPS @PS4 equivalent settings.

Vram is cheap as hell

God there are GPUs on 3gb that cost $200...http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202099&cm_re=3gb-_-14-202-099-_-Product not a breaking the bank part...

Dont bet on that....football games are not demanding.... Plus fifa's lightning still look ages bettah....oh and PES lol ruined series....

@scottpsfan14

All you said is subjective tastes that are respected but still Crysis with mods reigns supreme 7 years now....no signs of dethroning. And I stand by my statement: Distance works in consoles favor...

ScarTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 ScarTM
@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

Vram is cheap as hell

God there are GPUs on 3gb that cost $200...http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202099&cm_re=3gb-_-14-202-099-_-Product not a breaking the bank part...

Dont bet on that....football games are not demanding.... Plus fifa's lightning still look ages bettah....oh and PES lol ruined series....

@scottpsfan14

All you said is subjective tastes that are respected but still Crysis with mods reigns supreme 7 years now....no signs of dethroning. And I stand by my statement: Distance works in consoles favor...

@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

Vram is cheap as hell

@scottpsfan14

VRAM is cheap, sure.

200$ is half the price of a PS4 you know.

I know Football games are not very demanding,but I'm still willing to bet on that.

lol @crysis 3 still graphics king ?.

It was dethroned when Killzone Shadow Fall came out.

Crysis 3 1080p vs Killzone 1080p I am pretty sure Shadow fall takes the win

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 True_Gamer_

@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

Vram is cheap as hell

@scottpsfan14

@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

Vram is cheap as hell

@scottpsfan14

VRAM is cheap, sure.

200$ is half the price of a PS4 you know.

I know Football games are not very demanding,but I'm still willing to bet on that.

lol @crysis 3 still graphics king ?.

It was dethroned when Killzone Shadow Fall came out.

Crysis 3 1080p vs Killzone 1080p I am pretty sure Shadow fall takes the win

As I said many times in other thread lets not kid ourselves that PCs can be cheaper than consoles. It depends on the country.

Anyway PES will run fine i bet on that since I played the engine and from vids fifa still owns pes in lightning any day.

Modded ofc Crysis (its something called reality too bad consoles dont have mods) makes everything look like tetris...

Watch dogs modded and ofc the next GTA on PC will make eyes bleed.

ScarTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 ScarTM

@True_Gamer_: PCs ARE cheaper than consoles.But in the long run,not upfront.

PES will run fine on PC nobody is disputing that.But a 650Ti matching the PS4,the Internet will melt.

I don't think Mods would be a fair comparison because as you pointed out , they're not available on consoles.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 True_Gamer_

@scartm said:

PES will run fine on PC nobody is disputing that.But a 650Ti matching the PS4,the Internet will melt.

I don't think Mods would be a fair comparison because as you pointed out , they're not available on consoles.

Life aint fair sorry but reality doesnt play by rules made up....If mods exist they are fair game.

As for PES who cares? It is a rotten driven into the ground series....sad but true...Now if 650Ti ran Ryse.....

@scottpsfan14

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Ancient tech indeed just like GTA IV...

timster20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 timster20
Member since 2014 • 399 Posts

@True_Gamer_ said:

@timster20 said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@timster20 said:

Try harder.

@xscrapzx

@scartm

You cannot deny that:

What did the video prove? That it looks like a 2005 game when the graphics are maxed?

You said the min reqs couldn't run the game, you need to prove that.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Hopefully it last long...

ScarTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 ScarTM

@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

Life aint fair sorry but reality doesnt play by rules made up....If mods exist they are fair game.

As for PES who cares? It is a rotten driven into the ground series....sad but true...Now if 650Ti ran Ryse.....

@scottpsfan14

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Ancient tech indeed just like GTA IV...

I think we have been derailed from the original topic,
But just so you know

Killzone Shadow Fall looks better than both of those videos.
Maybe Crysis 3 with mods will be able to beat it,but the original Crysis ?.No way.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By True_Gamer_

@timster20 said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@timster20 said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@timster20 said:

Try harder.

@xscrapzx

@scartm

You cannot deny that:

What did the video prove? That it looks like a 2005 game when the graphics are maxed?

Look at the siege video I posted. And .... try harder.

@scartm

Just no bullshots and fake stuff...

Anyway the point is we will see if $400 laptops run OPTIMISED console ports next year or even 2016....

Can consoles keep going in this enviroment? Especially the Xbone?

I doubt it.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#136  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

Hopefully it last long...

I agree I hope it last at least 8 or 9 years.

ScarTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 ScarTM

@True_Gamer_ said:

@timster20 said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@timster20 said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@timster20 said:

Try harder.

@xscrapzx

@scartm

You cannot deny that:

@scartm

Anyway the point is we will see if $400 laptops run OPTIMISED console ports next year or even 2016....

I doubt it.

The third shot of Killzone is clearly modded.

Still Crysis with mods doesn't look better and even if mods do make it look better,the hardware requirements go up accordingly.

I am yet to see an "opimized" console port.

Unmodded W_D still requires 3GB Of VRAM to max out this early in the generation.Same with Shadow of Mordor.

The future will be hell in terms of VRAM,I won't be suprised if I see the numbers crossing 4+gigs of VRAM required to max it out.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By True_Gamer_

@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@timster20 said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@timster20 said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@timster20 said:

Try harder.

@xscrapzx

@scartm

You cannot deny that:

@scartm

I doubt it.

Still Crysis with mods doesn't look better and even if mods do make it look better,the hardware requirements go up accordingly.

Unmodded W_D still requires 3GB Of VRAM to max out this early in the generation.Same with Shadow of Mordor.

The future will be hell in terms of VRAM,I won't be suprised if I see the numbers crossing 4+gigs of VRAM required to max it out.

Optimised ports are:

2k NBA/FIFA/PES and sports in general

Also WD runs on 1gb cards just not maxed...did you really believe that it doesnt even run?

So no I doubt that even unoptimised crap line WD will cause any problems to low end PCs (aka 950 GTX....)...

Thats because all multiplats are made with the lowest common denominator in mind....

Currently the Xbone equivalent GPUs are close to dive below the $80 barrier....Lets see what Nvidia will do with 950GTX....and even 940...

Next fall AMD must answer the call....the 300 series will show some great strides....and lower the entry price to console level PC gaming even lower.

ScarTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 ScarTM

@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@timster20 said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@timster20 said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@timster20 said:

Try harder.

@xscrapzx

@scartm

You cannot deny that:

@scartm

I doubt it.

Optimised ports are:

2k NBA/FIFA/PES and sports in general

Also WD runs on 1gb cards just not maxed...did you really believe that it doesnt even run?

So no I doubt that even unoptimised crap line WD will cause any problems to low end PCs (aka 950 GTX....)...

Thats because all multiplats are made with the lowest common denominator in mind....

Currently the Xbone equivalent GPUs are close to dive below the $80 barrier....Lets see what Nvidia will do with 950GTX....and even 940...

Next fall AMD must answer the call....the 300 series will show some great strides....and lower the entry price to console level PC gaming even lower.

So PC players plan to play sports games ports with their beastly machines.

The reason for such an increase in VRAM is because of 8GB of unified memory available to the devs on consoles,out of which they can easily use a lot of VRAM,

But the misconception that multiplats are made for the LCD needs to be eradicated.The PS3 was the lowest common denominator last - gen,no game was developed taking it into consideration.

Multiplats are made on the platform which is most convenient to code for, which is PS4 right now.

Only time will tell how PCs will evolve, but one thing is for sure , this console line won't go out of date before 2021.

Also,lol this.

http://www.pcgamer.com/watch-dogs-is-targeting-pc-as-lead-platform/

Funny how games run like shit on PC despite it being the lead platform

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 True_Gamer_

@scartm said:

The reason for such an increase in VRAM is because of 8GB of unified memory available to the devs on consoles,out of which they can easily use a lot of VRAM,

But the misconception that multiplats are made for the LCD needs to be eradicated.The PS3 was the lowest common denominator last - gen,no game was developed taking it into consideration.

Multiplats are made on the platform which is most convenient to code for, which is PS4 right now.

Only time will tell how PCs will evolve, but one thing is for sure , this console line won't go out of date before 2021.

Also,lol this.

Sports on beastly machines? Since when is 650 Ti beastly?

Consoles will go out of date the moment the GPU curve catches up in the $70 pricerange....

The xbone is nearly there while the PS4 will take a year or 1.5 years....

PC parts are cheap and AMD aint generous to consoles anymore like last gen....

WD is a funny case in any Xbone video I see it induces vomit reflexes...

ScarTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 ScarTM

@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

Also,lol this.

Consoles will go out of date the moment the GPU curve catches up in the $70 pricerange....

You implied that only sports games are optimized.Hence my question.What about optimized platformers like W_D and Shadow of Mordor.

I don't think we'll ever see a R7 265 or 7850+ for 70$ but either way,

Want to make a bet ?.You decide the stakes.I say no new consoles until 2021.Being very specific,the new consoles will not come out before 21st of November 2021.Only talking about playstation console here.Can't say anything about the XB1.

Because this seems like the only way to end this discussion on decent terms.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

I would guestimate around 5 or 6 years before we see the new consoles.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By True_Gamer_

@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

Also,lol this.

You implied that only sports games are optimized.Hence my question.What about optimized platformers like W_D and Shadow of Mordor.

Want to make a bet ?.You decide the stakes.I say no new consoles until 2021.Being very specific,the new consoles will not come out before 21st of November 2021.Only talking about playstation console here.Can't say anything about the XB1.

You seriously believe that Sony will stand by and see a 3rd Xb launch and do nothing? With the attention span of console gamers?

Sony will follow suit in a year at most.

So I predict Xbox 3 launch 21/11/2017 and PS5 a year later.

How can PS4 fight a 4k console from MS?

ScarTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 ScarTM

@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

Also,lol this.

You seriously believe that Sony will stand by and see a 3rd Xb launch and do nothing? With the attention span of console gamers?

21/11/17 ?.That early.Even the XBOX One can last 5 years.

MS might try to stretch it out as long as the PS4,we've seen it happen before with the PS2 and the Original XBOX, both lasted equally long despite the XBOX having miles better hardware than PS2.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 True_Gamer_

@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

Also,lol this.

MS might try to stretch it out as long as the PS4,we've seen it happen before with the PS2 and the Original XBOX, both lasted equally long despite the XBOX having miles better hardware than PS2.

Equally long? First Xbox?

15/11/2001 In North America.

Xbox 360 launched on 22/11/2005

4 years of Xbox? Sooo I wont be surprised to see Xbox3 in 2017....MS loves to kill non succesful projects....

Also the Xbone is very hard to survive when toasters like the future r7 350 will run its games....

ScarTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 ScarTM

@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

Also,lol this.

4 years of Xbox? Sooo I wont be surprised to see Xbox3 in 2017....MS loves to kill non succesful projects....

Also the Xbone is very hard to survive when toasters like the future r7 350 will run its games....

Actually PS2 had very weak hardware and lasted from 2000 to 2006.

XBOX despite being more powerful.As I said,MS might want to stretch this generation as long as the PS4.

I know MS kills unsuccessful projects as soon as possible,but XBOX One hasn't been unsuccessful thanks to dedicated lems.

No matter how shitty the console be,its bringing in money as of now.People are estimating an incoming loss , but its nowhere to be seen Source

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/175350-microsoft-delivers-record-revenue-profits-due-to-strong-xbox-windows-phone-and-commercial-sales

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 True_Gamer_
@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

Also,lol this.

XBOX despite being more powerful.As I said,MS might want to stretch this generation as long as the PS4.

I know MS kills unsuccessful projects as soon as possible,but XBOX One hasn't been unsuccessful thanks to dedicated lems.

No matter how shitty the console be,its bringing in money as of now.People are estimating an incoming loss , but its nowhere to be seen Source

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/175350-microsoft-delivers-record-revenue-profits-due-to-strong-xbox-windows-phone-and-commercial-sales

I doubt that Xbone will last as long as MS dreams....

However IF MS decides to launch the 3rd Xbox in 2017...

What will sony do?

Be left behind?

I doubt it....Espesially if the 3rd box is equipped with 4k capable hardware...

ScarTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By ScarTM

@True_Gamer_ said:
@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

Also,lol this.

What will sony do?

Be left behind?

If MS does launch the 3rd XBOX in 2017,

Sony will wait another year,make a PS5 with better hardware and release it , and I will lose this bet.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 True_Gamer_

@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_ said:
@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

@True_Gamer_ said:

@scartm said:

Also,lol this.

What will sony do?

Be left behind?

If MS does launch the 3rd XBOX in 2017,

Sony will wait another year,make a PS5 with better hardware and release it , and I will lose this bet.

Now IF PS4 had $840 manufacturing costs then MS would be screwed royally....

$840 of console hardware would last easily and even run some games in 4k (like sports/fighter/racing and corridor games)...

Heck there is always hope for next gen for MS/Sony start blowing trucks of cash on consoles again...

Until then my brother will play his 1080p/60fps FIFAs....

ScarTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 ScarTM

@True_Gamer_: IF PS4 had a manufacturing cost of 840$ , MS wouldn't be the only company screwed royally.Sony would probably go under.