How long until we have auto pause in games ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

I've been noticing games are becoming extremely easy lately. I beat Metal Gear Rising the other day said to be one of last year's toughest games and i was like oh my gawd i couldn't beat a Hack n slash before so this is weird. So by now i'm either just very good at games or the only way to die is if you leave the controller there and go away for something to kill you. Then again that's when that comes in, how long until developers do auto pause to make sure you don't die if you're away from the controller ?

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

Seriously? Just hit the pause button lazy.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

My guess is never, because even if a game is easy, you have to be pretty damn stupid to just walk away from the controller without taking the tenth of a second to press pause.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Joedgabe

@the_bi99man said:

My guess is never, because even if a game is easy, you have to be pretty damn stupid to just walk away from the controller without taking the tenth of a second to press pause.

i wouldn't bet on it, it doesn't seem like games are trying to beat you anymore...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#5 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Joedgabe said:

I've been noticing games are becoming extremely easy lately. I beat Metal Gear Rising the other day said to be one of last year's toughest games and i was like oh my gawd i couldn't beat a Hack n slash before so this is weird. So by now i'm either just very good at games or the only way to die is if you leave the controller there and go away for something to kill you. Then again that's when that comes in, how long until developers do auto pause to make sure you don't die if you're away from the controller ?

What difficulty did you play it on?

And how would Auto Pause even work?

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

I have seen one game that has auto pause by the way. My friend has AC4 on the Xbone. When you step out of the kinects view the game will pause. This however can be a pain in the ass if you lean back or someone walks in front of the thing. From what I have seen, it is a lot more convenient to use a pause button yourself.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

auto pause?

look i don't know. but dark souls pause system has almost the opposite of what you're describing. very good game, highly recommended.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

Auto pause? What a horrible idea.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

That is the kind of worthless innovations i expect MS to bring with their next system

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17443 Posts

Auto pause would be annoying. That would be like having your controller set to turn off after 30 seconds of idle time.

Would get extremely annoying.

If you get upset by getting killed because YOU didnt hit pause then you dont need to be gaming.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Actually auto pause would be very useful, for example when reloading checkpoints if you wouldn't be around because you went to make yourself coffee or something. I think Kinect would make it possible.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#12 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Funny, its on the internet that everyone is a stellar gamer. When I talk with gamers face to face, we usually have stories of tough spots in games that we relate with. MGR had some tough bits, like the final boss. He wasn't the hardest Ive ever played, but he was tough. But on the internet, people are like the greatest gamers ever.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

Funny, its on the internet that everyone is a stellar gamer. When I talk with gamers face to face, we usually have stories of tough spots in games that we relate with. MGR had some tough bits, like the final boss. He wasn't the hardest Ive ever played, but he was tough. But on the internet, people are like the greatest gamers ever.

Some of us are born pro

Some of us die noobs

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

I actually forgot to pause my MGS3 game yesterday. Ended up getting bitten by a snake that poisoned me.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#15 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@treedoor said:

@cainetao11 said:

Some of us are born pro

Some of us die noobs

I hear ya. Like shooting I guess. Country kids grow up with rifles and guns, thought they were the shit in the Army. City kid comes along qualifies expert. Still all fun I guess.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Not So Fast Princess !

Two things: 1 On What Difficulty ?

And 2 What was your Rank ?

People Assume Hideki Kamiya's games are all just about winning, well thats not true, true be told, Winning in Devil May Cry and Bayonetta is freaking easy, just spam the most powerfull moves and voila ! But won't get a good rank.

Which is kinda the whole point to those games.

Batman too, if you button mash its pretty freaking easy. If you actually try to switched up then you get a challenge. Its at its best in Challenge Mode

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

So wait you're playing on the standard boring cutscene heavy game and waiting for it to get through its bollocks and it pauses because you haven't pressed anything in a whole or left to get a cuppa/ have surgery?

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Joedgabe

@charizard1605 said:

@Joedgabe said:

What difficulty did you play it on?

And how would Auto Pause even work?

Beat it first in normal to get a good feel for the game.. hell i didn't even know how dodging worked until the last boss.. lol.... but then after i learned to dodge the game did became a lot easier.. parrying became easy with practice and then the dodging supplemented the parrying making it great for gameplay but then the game felt normal in hard and very easy in normal.

@cainetao11 said:

I found the last boss to be very easy... it was really fun though but very easy. Was you trying to parry him all the time ? try dodging him it makes him a lot easier. He got me like the first 5 times and then i had to search online to see how you actually side step in the game and then omg! he became one of the easiest bosses in the game. Moonsong being the hardest in my opinion. The game wasn't a cake walk but compared to hack n slash before it's a lot easier which is what i was going by.. it was actually the first hack n slash i ever finished.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

You gotta be the laziest gamer ever if you can't be bothered to press the pause button

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20  Edited By Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

If Samsung made a console it would have auto-pause technology. "We use the integrated camera to tell when the gamer is looking at the screen and when they are not we pause the game for them. Simple. Brilliant. Samsung."

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59071 Posts

Baldurs Gate had auto pause in 1998. It has more depth than any console game.

I noticed, that you didn't notice, that none of you noticed this. This indicates most of you are very young and relatively new to gaming.