How long until we have auto pause in games ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Joedgabe (5131 posts) -

I've been noticing games are becoming extremely easy lately. I beat Metal Gear Rising the other day said to be one of last year's toughest games and i was like oh my gawd i couldn't beat a Hack n slash before so this is weird. So by now i'm either just very good at games or the only way to die is if you leave the controller there and go away for something to kill you. Then again that's when that comes in, how long until developers do auto pause to make sure you don't die if you're away from the controller ?

#2 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (426 posts) -

Seriously? Just hit the pause button lazy.

#3 Posted by the_bi99man (11054 posts) -

My guess is never, because even if a game is easy, you have to be pretty damn stupid to just walk away from the controller without taking the tenth of a second to press pause.

#4 Posted by Joedgabe (5131 posts) -

@the_bi99man said:

My guess is never, because even if a game is easy, you have to be pretty damn stupid to just walk away from the controller without taking the tenth of a second to press pause.

i wouldn't bet on it, it doesn't seem like games are trying to beat you anymore...

#5 Posted by charizard1605 (59575 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

I've been noticing games are becoming extremely easy lately. I beat Metal Gear Rising the other day said to be one of last year's toughest games and i was like oh my gawd i couldn't beat a Hack n slash before so this is weird. So by now i'm either just very good at games or the only way to die is if you leave the controller there and go away for something to kill you. Then again that's when that comes in, how long until developers do auto pause to make sure you don't die if you're away from the controller ?

What difficulty did you play it on?

And how would Auto Pause even work?

#6 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (426 posts) -

I have seen one game that has auto pause by the way. My friend has AC4 on the Xbone. When you step out of the kinects view the game will pause. This however can be a pain in the ass if you lean back or someone walks in front of the thing. From what I have seen, it is a lot more convenient to use a pause button yourself.

#7 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5085 posts) -

auto pause?

look i don't know. but dark souls pause system has almost the opposite of what you're describing. very good game, highly recommended.

#8 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

Auto pause? What a horrible idea.

#9 Edited by silversix_ (15250 posts) -

That is the kind of worthless innovations i expect MS to bring with their next system

#10 Posted by navyguy21 (13043 posts) -

Auto pause would be annoying. That would be like having your controller set to turn off after 30 seconds of idle time.

Would get extremely annoying.

If you get upset by getting killed because YOU didnt hit pause then you dont need to be gaming.

#11 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (9519 posts) -

Actually auto pause would be very useful, for example when reloading checkpoints if you wouldn't be around because you went to make yourself coffee or something. I think Kinect would make it possible.

#12 Posted by cainetao11 (18300 posts) -

Funny, its on the internet that everyone is a stellar gamer. When I talk with gamers face to face, we usually have stories of tough spots in games that we relate with. MGR had some tough bits, like the final boss. He wasn't the hardest Ive ever played, but he was tough. But on the internet, people are like the greatest gamers ever.

#13 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

Funny, its on the internet that everyone is a stellar gamer. When I talk with gamers face to face, we usually have stories of tough spots in games that we relate with. MGR had some tough bits, like the final boss. He wasn't the hardest Ive ever played, but he was tough. But on the internet, people are like the greatest gamers ever.

Some of us are born pro

Some of us die noobs

#14 Posted by freedomfreak (41860 posts) -

I actually forgot to pause my MGS3 game yesterday. Ended up getting bitten by a snake that poisoned me.

#15 Posted by cainetao11 (18300 posts) -

@treedoor said:

@cainetao11 said:

Funny, its on the internet that everyone is a stellar gamer. When I talk with gamers face to face, we usually have stories of tough spots in games that we relate with. MGR had some tough bits, like the final boss. He wasn't the hardest Ive ever played, but he was tough. But on the internet, people are like the greatest gamers ever.

Some of us are born pro

Some of us die noobs

I hear ya. Like shooting I guess. Country kids grow up with rifles and guns, thought they were the shit in the Army. City kid comes along qualifies expert. Still all fun I guess.

#16 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (15149 posts) -

Not So Fast Princess !

Two things: 1 On What Difficulty ?

And 2 What was your Rank ?

People Assume Hideki Kamiya's games are all just about winning, well thats not true, true be told, Winning in Devil May Cry and Bayonetta is freaking easy, just spam the most powerfull moves and voila ! But won't get a good rank.

Which is kinda the whole point to those games.

Batman too, if you button mash its pretty freaking easy. If you actually try to switched up then you get a challenge. Its at its best in Challenge Mode

#17 Posted by DocSanchez (1778 posts) -

So wait you're playing on the standard boring cutscene heavy game and waiting for it to get through its bollocks and it pauses because you haven't pressed anything in a whole or left to get a cuppa/ have surgery?

#18 Posted by Joedgabe (5131 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Joedgabe said:

I've been noticing games are becoming extremely easy lately. I beat Metal Gear Rising the other day said to be one of last year's toughest games and i was like oh my gawd i couldn't beat a Hack n slash before so this is weird. So by now i'm either just very good at games or the only way to die is if you leave the controller there and go away for something to kill you. Then again that's when that comes in, how long until developers do auto pause to make sure you don't die if you're away from the controller ?

What difficulty did you play it on?

And how would Auto Pause even work?

Beat it first in normal to get a good feel for the game.. hell i didn't even know how dodging worked until the last boss.. lol.... but then after i learned to dodge the game did became a lot easier.. parrying became easy with practice and then the dodging supplemented the parrying making it great for gameplay but then the game felt normal in hard and very easy in normal.

@cainetao11 said:

Funny, its on the internet that everyone is a stellar gamer. When I talk with gamers face to face, we usually have stories of tough spots in games that we relate with. MGR had some tough bits, like the final boss. He wasn't the hardest Ive ever played, but he was tough. But on the internet, people are like the greatest gamers ever.

I found the last boss to be very easy... it was really fun though but very easy. Was you trying to parry him all the time ? try dodging him it makes him a lot easier. He got me like the first 5 times and then i had to search online to see how you actually side step in the game and then omg! he became one of the easiest bosses in the game. Moonsong being the hardest in my opinion. The game wasn't a cake walk but compared to hack n slash before it's a lot easier which is what i was going by.. it was actually the first hack n slash i ever finished.

#19 Posted by Roler42 (801 posts) -

You gotta be the laziest gamer ever if you can't be bothered to press the pause button

#20 Edited by Large_Soda (8613 posts) -

If Samsung made a console it would have auto-pause technology. "We use the integrated camera to tell when the gamer is looking at the screen and when they are not we pause the game for them. Simple. Brilliant. Samsung."

#21 Edited by uninspiredcup (10016 posts) -

Baldurs Gate had auto pause in 1998. It has more depth than any console game.

I noticed, that you didn't notice, that none of you noticed this. This indicates most of you are very young and relatively new to gaming.