How is SECOND FASTEST selling console alltime a failure???

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

And would be the fastest selling console of all time if not for the PS4 being the fastest? It's pathetic that some would even suggest the Xbox One is a failure for reasons just stated. Not to mention the Xbox One is a full $100 more expensive.

Don't see how any product that sells the second fastest ever with $100 increase over it's competition could ever be considered a failure? Cows seem to forget just a few short years ago how badly the PS3 sold it's first few years on the market at a higher price point. Not to mention Xbox One is selling way faster then PS3 ever did with that same $100 more price point.

Also MS dropping price quickly has always been in the plans. Michael Patcher was even saying this back in early fall that he expected MS to slash the cost in early 2014 because MS wanted to get a few months of profit in the green then slash the cost in early 2014 to ramp up sales numbers moving forward.

This is a long long console race and Xbox One is a blistering success sales wise it just so happens that a system a full $100 cheaper has better sales go figure?

Duh math don't lie $100 cheaper better sales kindergarten math right here. Once the cost of the Xbox One matches PS4 world wide the Xbox One will start steam rolling.

By the way before you go and say bu bu bu Michael Patcher never gets anything right. He does at least know common business ethics and marketing cost common sense.

#2 Edited by chikenfriedrice (9706 posts) -

Because it had a slow month after the holidays....so therefore the war is over.

#3 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

Not to mention it was the best selling system even at a $100 higher cost over the holidays

#4 Edited by bodde1972 (91 posts) -

#5 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (1994 posts) -

Because when PS3 was at last place then nobody hated and failed, now when Xbox One is second, Sony fanboys hate...

FANBOYS

#6 Edited by chikenfriedrice (9706 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Not to mention it was the best selling system even at a $100 higher cost over the holidays

Indeed but as you know cows have the low PS4 supply in their back pocket.

#7 Edited by charizard1605 (55544 posts) -

Because it's not the second fastest selling console of all time.

PS2 sold faster. Wii sold faster.

As an aside, right now, the sales trajectory of the Xbox One is like that of the Wii U; even the Wii U managed to sell 3.5 million units in its first month, and look where it is today.

#8 Posted by ratchet_usa (356 posts) -

@me3x12: xbox is dead in Japan, Being destroyed 5:1 in Eu, and outsold by PS4 2:1 in the their key territory the USA. The desperation is strong with microsoft now, that is why they are pulling a nintendo and dropping the price of their console only 3 months after release.

#9 Edited by Chutebox (36446 posts) -

What has it done since the first month?

And no, it's not a failure.

#10 Edited by juarbles (801 posts) -

It's a failure for anyone but those with extremely low standards like the xboners.

#11 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@me3x12: xbox is dead in Japan, Being destroyed 5:1 in Eu, and outsold by PS4 2:1 in the their key territory the USA. The desperation is strong with microsoft now, that is why they are pulling a nintendo and dropping the price of their console only 3 months after release.

You do realize even PS4 sales in japan are not that great compared to PS4 sales in US. It's more like Japan is dead and Japan is a more handheld market these days

#12 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6061 posts) -

Cows like to use this to mask the fact that they are scared of the ONE. The see its potential to rule every home with a T.V. in it. They lack the ability to reason with its future proof hardware design. They CLOUD is coming and there is a storm ah brewin.

Second place? Pfft..................for now.

#13 Edited by Sagemode87 (791 posts) -

I like how yo bring up the measely 100 dollar price difference. PS3 was twice the price of the lowest priced 360 at launch. Plus it released a year later, almost 2 years in EU. Despite this, PS3 outsold 360. PlayStation is just a stronger brand, deal with it.

#14 Posted by Sagemode87 (791 posts) -

Once the One has a price drop, you dont think Sony will counter. Idiot Lems I tell you.

#15 Posted by ratchet_usa (356 posts) -

@me3x12: So PS4 sales are not strong compared to what? is there another $400 system on the market right now that is selling more than PS4 in Japan? Nope. So fact stands PS4 is the fastest selling $400 in the history of Japan.

#16 Edited by MassiveKaos (3875 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

PS2 sold faster.Wii sold faster.

As an aside, right now, the sales trajectory of the Xbox One is like that of the Wii U; even the Wii U managed to sell 3.5 million units in its first month, and look where it is today.

Gotta love when people make shit up

#17 Posted by gameofthering (10094 posts) -

Wasn't the Sega Dreamcast the fastest selling console at launch during it's time? We all know how it ended up sadly :(

#18 Posted by lostrib (33368 posts) -

2nd is just the first loser

#19 Posted by StormyJoe (4759 posts) -

@me3x12, because there are people spouting garbage like @ratchet_usa out there, who say dumb things like this.

Sorry man, but 3 million sold during Christmas does not a desperate company make...

#20 Posted by ratchet_usa (356 posts) -

@ratchet_usa said:

@me3x12, because there are people spouting garbage like @ratchet_usa out there, who say dumb things like this.

Sorry man, but 3 million sold during Christmas does not a desperate company make...

Face it bro. xbox one is a disaster, and it will only get worst with Sony PS4 being sold out everywhere. There is no need for an xbox one.

#21 Edited by MonsieurX (29234 posts) -

inb4lock,as usual

OP's on a roll of great threads

#22 Edited by lostrib (33368 posts) -

inb4lock,as usual

OP's on a roll of great threads

i'm surprised they let him stick around

#23 Edited by Solid_Max13 (3525 posts) -

The desperation continues with this one.

#24 Edited by MBirdy88 (7430 posts) -

Cows have no good games to play... and are incredibly jelly about Titanfall. so they need to think they have won something.

This generation is far from decided.... both are selling great... the Wii-U is barely in the competition.... its a 2 console war... anything could shift it.

Price cut and actually having a good game you can't get on the other system is a start. but lol ... "infamous is teh exclusive..." not even anywhere close to best selling.

#25 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

Once the One has a price drop, you dont think Sony will counter. Idiot Lems I tell you.

Your an idiot for thinking this. Sony is in no position to go into the red with the PS4. Not to mention Sony makes less per unit then MS currently does on the Xbox One. Again Sony is in no position to go into the red on the PS4 anytime soon or ever. In FACT the PS is about the only thing even making a smidgen of any profit for Sony these days or anytime soon. Heck they been closing almost all thier divisions now their development studios are taking a hit and we aren't seeing any money being thrown around for them announcing new IP's either.

So come again tell us how Sony is in a position to go further in the red?

#26 Posted by StormyJoe (4759 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@ratchet_usa said:

Face it bro. xbox one is a disaster, and it will only get worst with Sony PS4 being sold out everywhere. There is no need for an xbox one.

Cows... LOL!

#27 Edited by Sagemode87 (791 posts) -

@me3x12: So PS4 will be 400 bucks for the rest of its lifetime. Yeah, you're really doing your fellow Lems a lot of favors by continuing to post. Go on.

#28 Posted by MonsieurX (29234 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@Sagemode87 said:

Your an idiot for thinking this. Sony is in no position to go into the red with the PS4. Not to mention Sony makes less per unit then MS currently does on the Xbox One. Again Sony is in no position to go into the red on the PS4 anytime soon or ever. In FACT the PS is about the only thing even making a smidgen of any profit for Sony these days or anytime soon. Heck they been closing almost all thier divisions now their development studios are taking a hit and we aren't seeing any money being thrown around for them announcing new IP's either.

So come again tell us how Sony is in a position to go further in the red?

The only thing? They barely make any money from their gaming division.

The greater resource is from their insurance line

#29 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@me3x12: So PS4 will be 400 bucks for the rest of its lifetime. Yeah, you're really doing your fellow Lems a lot of favors by continuing to post. Go on.

No that's not what I said. I said they are in no position to go further in the red. Meaning it's much harder for Sony to sell systems at a loss these days then MS. So Sony in most instances will have to wait until hardware cost come down further before they can realistically drop cost. Sony these days has to stay in the green anyway they can.

#30 Edited by tyloss (829 posts) -

The Xbox One isn't the second fastest selling console of all time not even the 4th.

And yes, it is a failure.

#31 Posted by kuu2 (6886 posts) -

Man do I miss The Rock on WWE. Some of the best acting I have seen in the ring and out. Guy is awesome.

#32 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Pretty much all thant needs to be said. TLHBO.

/thread.

#33 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3658 posts) -

because the supply is a lot better than it was before. you think if wii and ps2 wasnt severely supply constrained ps4/x1 would have been best seller? no way. and x1 sales fell through a cliff, u dont bundle your killer app and price cut if the system is selling well

^also this

#34 Posted by Joedgabe (5093 posts) -

TC buy me an Xbox one sinve you love it soooo much. It will also bring up it's sales.

#35 Posted by Phazevariance (10934 posts) -

war ... but doesn't make it a failure regardless. Hence, selling is a win.

#36 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

"Second". There's your problem right there TC :P

#37 Posted by Alucard_Prime (2692 posts) -

Certainly far from being a failure, it outsold the 360 for the same launch period from what I understand, and look at what happened to the 360. Honestly I think a lot of 360 users are just taking the time to jump to the X1, every few days I see people from my 360 friend list log onto the X1, and I don't blame them for waiting, when I got the X1 I still had a backlog of like 5-6 games on my 360, and I just bought Castlevania 2 yesterday and I'm debating if I should play Dark Souls 2....there is still quite a bit of juice left in the previous gen, and next gen is just getting started.

Sure the PS4 sold more for now, and it's great news for Sony and PS4 owners, but that does not mean the great sales of the X1 are a failure.

#38 Edited by betamaxx83 (351 posts) -

Majority of the 360 sales came from the US and UK. Not to mention no RROD to help Microsoft scam it's user base and squeeze millions of new units.

Practically everywhere else nobody could give a sh*t about Xbox. Sony will cut into the US and UK market-- Xbox probably will come out on top of those markets but they will not have a lead like they did with the 360.

#39 Edited by Dire_Weasel (15927 posts) -

Please. Stop. Making. Threads.

How many threads do you need to make per day? Do you ever stop to wonder why most of them get locked?

#40 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2560 posts) -

Because when PS3 was at last place then nobody hated and failed, now when Xbox One is second, Sony fanboys hate...

FANBOYS

Yes they did. As did Playstation owners in the ps2 era and the ps1 era, as did SNES owners to the Genesis fans. People on every side of this argument have been petty and unreasonable since video games became a mainstream medium -- especially since internet forums popped up and people could say these kinds of things without any risk of getting jacked in the face. Gamers on every side of these arguments have been throwing things like this in people's faces since it was possible to do so.

Your console's fans are not immune to this. Everyone participates in this, and you would be too if the Xbox One was the top selling console.

me2x12 threads...

#41 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38208 posts) -

Who said it's a failure besides fanboys?

#42 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

Majority of the 360 sales came from the US and UK. Not to mention no RROD to help Microsoft scam it's user base and squeeze millions of new units.

Practically everywhere else nobody could give a sh*t about Xbox. Sony will cut into the US and UK market-- Xbox probably will come out on top of those markets but they will not have a lead like they did with the 360.

Right because MS wanted to try and commit product suicide by deliberately bricking their own systems and could of potentially ruined them in the eyes of their customers and future customers? If anything it cost them sales with the hardware problems.

Geezzz the IQ level of SW posters is truly pathetic.

#43 Edited by dotWithShoes (4823 posts) -

because the supply is a lot better than it was before. you think if wii and ps2 wasnt severely supply constrained ps4/x1 would have been best seller? no way. and x1 sales fell through a cliff, u dont bundle your killer app and price cut if the system is selling well

@charizard1605 said:

^also this

So a price cut in ONE region is desperation?

#44 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@bodde1972 said:

Man do I miss The Rock on WWE. Some of the best acting I have seen in the ring and out. Guy is awesome.

Good acting in WWE yes. Good acting in Hollywood not even close pathetic

#45 Posted by kuu2 (6886 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@kuu2 said:

@bodde1972 said:

Good acting in WWE yes. Good acting in Hollywood not even close pathetic

There is a difference from professional pretending to professional pretending?

And yes he actually has done some good acting in Hollywood (Be Cool was a good example). For a guy that is a terrible actor he sure does make a lot of movies and a lot of money.

#46 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

doesn't matter if it's the second fastest, it can still fail

#47 Edited by handssss (1800 posts) -

In order to be a failure, one must be unable to live up to the expectations set for it.

Nobody expected Xbone to do better than it is right now, so you're right in that it's technically not failing.

#48 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3658 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@charizard1605 said:

^also this

So a price cut in ONE region is desperation?

not just any region, uk was x360 2nd stronghold so yes it is complete and utter desperation. x1 are sitting on shelves going nowhere obviously something needed to be done

#49 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (3960 posts) -

@juarbles said:

It's a failure for anyone but those with extremely low standards like the xboners.

Low standards? Cows were convincing us Killzone Shadowfall was much more awesome than pretty much what all the reviews were stating. Tell me again who has low standards?

#50 Edited by lamprey263 (22804 posts) -