How is Resident Evil 4 HD on PS3?

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16744 posts) -
I have never played RE4, but I intend on picking it up on PSN.
#52 Posted by Epak_ (6764 posts) -

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]Wii version is my favorite.OreoMilkshake
Hell yeah. Best controls ever.

The PS3 version doesn't have move support?

#53 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12718 posts) -

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"][QUOTE="RyanShazam"]Wii version is my favorite.Epak_

Hell yeah. Best controls ever.

Nope.
#54 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24550 posts) -

Pretty sure it's just the Wii Version in HD.

Can't you also use the Move to do all the Wii Controls too? or Am I just Dreaming that?

#55 Posted by Epak_ (6764 posts) -

[QUOTE="Epak_"]

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]

OreoMilkshake

Nope.

I can't see how the **** did they miss to add that.

Pretty sure it's just the Wii Version in HD.

Can't you also use the Move to do all the Wii Controls too? or Am I just Dreaming that?

LegatoSkyheart

Apparently you're just dreaming, sadly.

#56 Posted by RyviusARC (4195 posts) -

Mod the PC version!

Vanilla is bad, but playable, since I even completed it on Professional back in the day (Krauser was hell!). Modded one is awesome, and highly recommended!

Still, look up some Youtube vids, they should help you decide more easier...

Rocker6

I have some moded RE4 PC vidz on Youtube in high quality.

For example here is one of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQaP3AVE_ZU

#57 Posted by Lionheart08 (15293 posts) -

From what I hear, it's simply an upscale port of the PS2 version.

#58 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Well, I'm getting my PS2 copy back. But I also got the PC version, after seeing what could be done with mods. Here's a shot, with nothing but the Texture pack that lucianu linked to, replacement on-screen button prompts, and ENB. Also, forced to 1920x1080 through the ini file, because 1280x800 is the only widescreen res supported in the launcher. Open in new tab for full size. Gonna check out the "enhanced environment" mod today.

re44.jpg

#59 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9741 posts) -
The ultimate version would be if they could have an HD release with PSmove controls
#60 Posted by immortality20 (7957 posts) -

I played it on 360 and it was just like the original, right down to the clunky controls.

#61 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26100 posts) -

Get the Wii version and make your own backup for Dolphin. HD console versions are crap.

#62 Posted by Heirren (16233 posts) -

Well, I'm getting my PS2 copy back. But I also got the PC version, after seeing what could be done with mods. Here's a shot, with nothing but the Texture pack that lucianu linked to, replacement on-screen button prompts, and ENB. Also, forced to 1920x1080 through the ini file, because 1280x800 is the only widescreen res supported in the launcher. Open in new tab for full size. Gonna check out the "enhanced environment" mod today.

re44.jpg

the_bi99man
Wow, I want to say I stand corrected. How are the outdoor scenes with that mod.
#63 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

re44.jpg

Heirren

Wow, I want to say I stand corrected. How are the outdoor scenes with that mod.

Fantastic. Almost too dark, at some points, but that's because I'm still messing with the ENB. The default settings were ridiculous.

#64 Posted by Phazevariance (10929 posts) -

Get the Wii version and make your own backup for Dolphin. HD console versions are crap.

ChubbyGuy40
yes, yes, and more YES
#65 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

I have never played RE4, but I intend on picking it up on PSN.AmazonTreeBoa

Oooh, you're in for a real treat. I'd love to go back and reexperience that game. Sometimes I can't help but be a bit jelly when I hear of someone going through their first gameplay of a really fantastic game like RE4.

#66 Posted by RyviusARC (4195 posts) -

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

Phazevariance

yes, yes, and more YES

Call me when the wii dolphin version looks like this.

#67 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Phazevariance"][QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

RyviusARC

yes, yes, and more YES

Sorry, but those graphics look really odd.
#68 Posted by new_gamer244 (268 posts) -

WOW....this game is really overated.

yes. the over the shoulder camera was a rev', but the game itself suck and boring.

#69 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26100 posts) -

[QUOTE="Phazevariance"][QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

RyviusARC

yes, yes, and more YES

Actually since the GC had more light sources and more dynamic shadows (I think,) it obviously looks better in a vanilla state. You can also put high-res textures in it. Not to mention all cutscenes are in-game so they look amazing. It's also a hell of a lot more stable as well. PC version looks better in the end, but it isn't the best in every area.

#70 Posted by ziggyww (835 posts) -
loads of people saying the Wii is the best version but i consider both ones just as good as the other in terms of gameplay but PS3 is in HD so yeah PS3 version is clearly better then the Wii but ha what ever people feel even though I cant understand their logic. I have the PS3 HD one and its amazing worth playing, also have played the Wii version aswell before people kick up a fuss
#72 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -
loads of people saying the Wii is the best version but i consider both ones just as good as the other in terms of gameplay but PS3 is in HD so yeah PS3 version is clearly better then the Wii but ha what ever people feel even though I cant understand their logic. I have the PS3 HD one and its amazing worth playing, also have played the Wii version aswell before people kick up a fussziggyww
Lol PS3 version is clearly worse than the Wii version.
#73 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]I have never played RE4, but I intend on picking it up on PSN.whiskeystrike

Oooh, you're in for a real treat. I'd love to go back and reexperience that game. Sometimes I can't help but be a bit jelly when I hear of someone going through their first gameplay of a really fantastic game like RE4.

Whenever I hear someone going through the first time, I feel like I have to give them some tips. Repeate playthroughs change so much, like what weapons are best, when I should upgrade, how to properly scour areas for treasure, boss strategies, etc.

I mean, there are SO many mistakes I made my first time through, wasteful use of the castle rocket launcher (which is perfect against the Verdugo bossfight), the ability to combine certain treasures, the insane rewards from the shooting ranges, etc.

Obviously some of those things are best left unsaid (the fear of facing a Verdugo without a rocket launcher is something someone should experience if they couldn't save it themselves), but I feel like I get too helpful when someone I know is playing the first time. But man do I wish I knew about the treasure combinations and ammo upgrade bonuses.

#74 Posted by chocolate1325 (32422 posts) -

yes. the over the shoulder camera was a rev', but the game itself suck and boring.

new_gamer244

Well I must have been playing a different RE4 to you because to me it rocked.

#75 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

[QUOTE="new_gamer244"]

chocolate1325

Well I must have been playing a different RE4 to you because to me it rocked.

Probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite game last gen. I only beat it about 5 times. 3 on PS2 and 2 on the Wii.

#76 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2122 posts) -

I'm playing it on the PS3 right now for the first time ever, missed out on this gem. Really enjoying it, I highly recommend!